Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:38 pm

Curious that we haven't heard from FutureLesson, yet. hint-hint
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Curious that we haven't heard from FutureLesson, yet. hint-hint

Well played. FireTobaccoSpaz, any thoughts?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:40 pm

BCWest {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:I still don't get what the B1G gets out of this. These programs suck.

Television revenues of cable subscribers in NJ and DC/VA/MD that will start to receive the B1G network as a part of their cable package.

It doesn't matter if anyone watches it or not, the B1G gets money just for having it in their channel line-up.

In other words, its a cash grab for sub-par products that the consumer doesn't really get a say in. We need more unions!!!!

People in those states dont already get the big10 network?

I get it out here in vegas.

Some places get it. But the BTN is going to try and go from (these numbers are not accurate), $0.25 a month per subscriber to $1.00 a month.

Right. and when time warner wont pay it, they'll pull the plug on the b10 network in the nyc area which undoubtedly will lead to a march on wall street to protest corporate america. All dozen or so protesters will be wearing rutgers red.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Curious that we haven't heard from FutureLesson, yet. hint-hint

I have no moderator powers so I cannot report the identity of Future Lesson. All I know is that he is NOT a part of the aliass posting TREe
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:57 pm

bluefishskip {l Wrote}:HJS: Tier 3 games.....have Raycom run the ACC Network.....i'm sure there is a way to get games......to go along with self-produced shows that fill 90% of the Networks now

Don't know how else to say it... there is no ACC conference athletic event that ESPN does not have the rights to broadcast. It's jts that bad of a TV deal.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Swoffy messed this up with his inept negotiation with ESPN. What I fail to see, and I have seen it mentioned here numerous times, is why ESPN should feel obligated to fix this and pay more money to the ACC.

theoretically, I understand it may keep the ACC teams happier but there is no guarantee that if each ACC teams receives an extra 2-3 million that they still won't try to bolt for greener pastures.

ESPN kicked the crap out of Swoffy at the negotiating table, now they shouls go back, feel guilty and give the ACC more money. give me one instance in the history of the world, whether it is buying a car, or buying conference tv rights, where the party that got the better end of the deal, said, " Wow, I did a great job for my company, but you know what, who cares about my company, I am going to throw some of their money back at the other(losing party) because... well for no reason at all"
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I always preferred FireRoadPolls
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Fire Spaz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Swoffy messed this up with his inept negotiation with ESPN. What I fail to see, and I have seen it mentioned here numerous times, is why ESPN should feel obligated to fix this and pay more money to the ACC.

theoretically, I understand it may keep the ACC teams happier but there is no guarantee that if each ACC teams receives an extra 2-3 million that they still won't try to bolt for greener pastures.

ESPN kicked the crap out of Swoffy at the negotiating table, now they shouls go back, feel guilty and give the ACC more money. give me one instance in the history of the world, whether it is buying a car, or buying conference tv rights, where the party that got the better end of the deal, said, " Wow, I did a great job for my company, but you know what, who cares about my company, I am going to throw some of their money back at the other(losing party) because... well for no reason at all"

Do parasites kill their hosts?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Swoffy messed this up with his inept negotiation with ESPN. What I fail to see, and I have seen it mentioned here numerous times, is why ESPN should feel obligated to fix this and pay more money to the ACC.

and this is what we get from HJS continuing to go unchecked.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I talked to Delany today. He said Big Ten will open up East Coast offices. More on @sinow in a bit.

https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel/status/270621894477234176

They're not opening offices on the East Coast just because of UMD and RU. This is not over.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:
I talked to Delany today. He said Big Ten will open up East Coast offices. More on @sinow in a bit.

They're not opening offices on the East Coast just because of UMD and RU. This is not over.

In all honesty... I have no idea what that means? Do they have offices anywhere but Chicago? Other than UVA and UNC who the eff else would they care about? And, if it is UVA and UNC, why would they open East Coast offices? Its not like there is any convient point between NJ and North Carolina.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Walsh601 {l Wrote}:

In all honesty... I have no idea what that means? Do they have offices anywhere but Chicago? Other than UVA and UNC who the eff else would they care about? And, if it is UVA and UNC, why would they open East Coast offices? Its not like there is any convient point between NJ and North Carolina.

I agree with you for the first time today.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby futurelesson on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:36 pm

EVEN FROM EONS AHEAD, I CAN HEAR YOU ACC LOSERS CALLING MY NAME. PARDON MY LATENESS TO THE PARTY - I WAS BUSY CELEBRATING SCHIANO-GIVING WITH MY ROBOT PALS AND WAS A BIT HUNG OVER AFTER CONSUMING TOO MUCH QUAKER STATE FULL SYNTHETIC. YES, ALTHOUGH MOST TECHNOLOGY HAS ADVANCED BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN 2053, FOR SOME REASON MOTOR OIL TECHNOLOGY HAS REMAINED ENTIRELY STAGNANT SINCE 2012.

WHAT'S SCHIANO-GIVING? IT'S THANKSGIVING RENAMED IN HONOR OF EMPEROR SCHIANO. WE DID THIS BY RENAMING IT BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO TURN DOWN THE RENAMING BEFORE IT WAS EVEN OFFERED! ON SCHIANO-GIVING WE SACRIFICE 1,000 HUMAN VIRGINS TO THE INSATIABLE EMPEROR SCHIANO, EXCEPT, INSTEAD OF SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE VIRGINS THROWN TO VOLCANOES AND THE LIKE, THE VIRGINS SACRIFICED TO SCHIANO ARE THRILLED TO GET A CHANCE TO MEET THE COACH OF THE 400-0 RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS, WHO HAVE BEEN ON A 30-YEAR RUN OF INTERSTELLAR DOMINATION! EVEN THOUGH THEIR BODIES WILL BE RAVAGED BY HIS GIANT SCHIANO-PENIS, AND THE STREETS WILL RUN PINK WITH A MIXTURE OF THEIR BLOOD AND HIS INCREDIBLY FERTILE SEMEN, THE VIRGINS ARE HAPPY TO GIVE UP THEIR LIVES SO THAT THE NEXT GENERATION OF DOMINANT RUTGERS SCHIANOBALL PLAYERS SPONTANEOUSLY SPAWN FROM SAID MIXTURE!

THE BIG TEN MOVE IS JUST THE FIRST OF MANY UNTIL ALL MAJOR UNIVERSITIES ARE SWALLOWED UP BY THE PISCATAWAY CAMPUS AND THEIR STUDENTS FORCED TO WORK IN THE UNDERGROUND SUGAR MINES OF NEW JERSEY, WHICH FEED THE SCARLET KNIGHTS AND THEIR GENETICALLY-PERFECT GROUPIES. ENJOY YOUR NEXT TEN YEARS WORKING YOUR WAY UP FROM 2-10 TO 8-8 UNDER MARK WHIPPLE, I WILL BE BUSY BASKING IN THE GLOW OF THE EMPEROR'S GREATNESS, AND BREAKING INTO A WELL-AGED CASE OF VALVOLINE MAXLIFE.

FINALLY, NO DOUBT ONE OF YOU PATHETIC EARTHLINGS WILL POINT OUT THAT IN 2012, EMPEROR SCHIANO IS NO LONGER WORKING FOR RUTGERS AND HAS MOVED ON TO THE NFL. YOU FOOLS FAIL TO SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE. WHEN THE EMPEROR BRINGS THE BUCCANEER WAY BACK TO RUTGERS, AND FORCES AN INFINITE NUMBER OF FUMBLES ON KNEELDOWNS, YOU WILL HAVE LAUGHED YOUR LAST LAUGH.

SINCERELY YOURS,

YOUR DADDY (IN THE SENSE THAT I DOMINATE YOU, NOT BIOLOGICALLY, SINCE ROBOTS LIKE MYSELF ARE INCAPABLE OF BIOLOGICAL REPRODUCTION - I.E., NO JUICE CAN BE MADE BY US.)
futurelesson
n00b

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Walsh601 {l Wrote}:

I agree with you for the first time today.

Looking at the twitter thread... my guess is that he thinks this gets him NYC and will move the home office there and maybe even open an ESPNZone-like restaurant for the Big Ten Network or broadcast with Time Square in the background. He's going all in to grab the NYC market. As someone who lives in NYC and NJ... I feel confident in saying that this is folly. NYC didn't care about the Big East and won't care about the Big Ten. They ESPECIALLY won't care about the Big Ten if Rutgers reverts to its last place status now that they have to face schools that are slightly better than Kent State. As someone who is a pretty ardent BC fan, I will tell you that I barely watched any non-BC ACC game this year. When BC was competing, that wasn't the case. To score the NYC market, you better damn well hope that Rutgers is one of your Top 3 programs every other year. I mean... look at the little support that the Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Knicks get when they suck. There just simply isn't any appetite for a city like NY to give a crap unless the team is competing for the highest prize.
Last edited by HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:50 pm

futurelesson {l Wrote}:EVEN FROM EONS AHEAD, I CAN HEAR YOU ACC LOSERS CALLING MY NAME. PARDON MY LATENESS TO THE PARTY - I WAS BUSY CELEBRATING SCHIANO-GIVING WITH MY ROBOT PALS AND WAS A BIT HUNG OVER AFTER CONSUMING TOO MUCH QUAKER STATE FULL SYNTHETIC. YES, ALTHOUGH MOST TECHNOLOGY HAS ADVANCED BY LEAPS AND BOUNDS IN 2053, FOR SOME REASON MOTOR OIL TECHNOLOGY HAS REMAINED ENTIRELY STAGNANT SINCE 2012.

WHAT'S SCHIANO-GIVING? IT'S THANKSGIVING RENAMED IN HONOR OF EMPEROR SCHIANO. WE DID THIS BY RENAMING IT BEFORE HE HAD A CHANCE TO TURN DOWN THE RENAMING BEFORE IT WAS EVEN OFFERED! ON SCHIANO-GIVING WE SACRIFICE 1,000 HUMAN VIRGINS TO THE INSATIABLE EMPEROR SCHIANO, EXCEPT, INSTEAD OF SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE VIRGINS THROWN TO VOLCANOES AND THE LIKE, THE VIRGINS SACRIFICED TO SCHIANO ARE THRILLED TO GET A CHANCE TO MEET THE COACH OF THE 400-0 RUTGERS SCARLET KNIGHTS, WHO HAVE BEEN ON A 30-YEAR RUN OF INTERSTELLAR DOMINATION! EVEN THOUGH THEIR BODIES WILL BE RAVAGED BY HIS GIANT SCHIANO-PENIS, AND THE STREETS WILL RUN PINK WITH A MIXTURE OF THEIR BLOOD AND HIS INCREDIBLY FERTILE SEMEN, THE VIRGINS ARE HAPPY TO GIVE UP THEIR LIVES SO THAT THE NEXT GENERATION OF DOMINANT RUTGERS SCHIANOBALL PLAYERS SPONTANEOUSLY SPAWN FROM SAID MIXTURE!

THE BIG TEN MOVE IS JUST THE FIRST OF MANY UNTIL ALL MAJOR UNIVERSITIES ARE SWALLOWED UP BY THE PISCATAWAY CAMPUS AND THEIR STUDENTS FORCED TO WORK IN THE UNDERGROUND SUGAR MINES OF NEW JERSEY, WHICH FEED THE SCARLET KNIGHTS AND THEIR GENETICALLY-PERFECT GROUPIES. ENJOY YOUR NEXT TEN YEARS WORKING YOUR WAY UP FROM 2-10 TO 8-8 UNDER MARK WHIPPLE, I WILL BE BUSY BASKING IN THE GLOW OF THE EMPEROR'S GREATNESS, AND BREAKING INTO A WELL-AGED CASE OF VALVOLINE MAXLIFE.

FINALLY, NO DOUBT ONE OF YOU PATHETIC EARTHLINGS WILL POINT OUT THAT IN 2012, EMPEROR SCHIANO IS NO LONGER WORKING FOR RUTGERS AND HAS MOVED ON TO THE NFL. YOU FOOLS FAIL TO SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE. WHEN THE EMPEROR BRINGS THE BUCCANEER WAY BACK TO RUTGERS, AND FORCES AN INFINITE NUMBER OF FUMBLES ON KNEELDOWNS, YOU WILL HAVE LAUGHED YOUR LAST LAUGH.

SINCERELY YOURS,

YOUR DADDY (IN THE SENSE THAT I DOMINATE YOU, NOT BIOLOGICALLY, SINCE ROBOTS LIKE MYSELF ARE INCAPABLE OF BIOLOGICAL REPRODUCTION - I.E., NO JUICE CAN BE MADE BY US.)

:kudos
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:10 pm

It's times like these I wish IB was here to tell us how he knew all along that Rutgers and Maryland were "big ums".
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:13 pm

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Irishriviera on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Official letter from UMD...They seemed to take a parting shot at the decision to include ND

Dear University of Maryland community:

Today is a watershed moment for the University of Maryland.

I am pleased to announce that the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland has endorsed our application to join the Big Ten conference, starting in academic year 2014-15. The Council of Presidents of the Big Ten has approved our admission.

Membership in the Big Ten is in the strategic interest of the University of Maryland. It will ensure the financial vitality of Maryland Athletics for decades to come. It will enable us to reinstate some teams that were recently terminated due to budget deficits. We will have the capability to support better our student-athletes—in the classroom and on the field—and compete successfully at the highest levels.

Intercollegiate athletics is an integral part of our University. It must be aligned with our academic values and priorities. We will earmark some of the new resources to support our University-wide educational missions and help make college more affordable for our students. This represents nothing less than a new financial paradigm for intercollegiate athletics at the University of Maryland.

The Big Ten institutions comprise the Committee on Institutional Cooperation. The extensive opportunities in the CIC for collaborations with our peer AAU and flagship universities in education, research, and innovation will boost the University of Maryland’s ascendancy in academic excellence.

Since leaving the Southern Conference in 1953, we have been a proud founding member of the ACC. Our long history has led to spirited sports rivalries and left indelible memories. More recently, the ACC has expanded into the Midwest. But our early ACC traditions will remain forever a treasured part of the Terrapin story.

I understand that many devoted Terp fans may be stunned and disappointed at this news. I recognize and regret the sadness they may feel at our leaving the ACC. It is the passing of an era. To them, I ask only this: please understand that I am doing what I believe is best for the University of Maryland. I made this decision after due diligence and confidential consultation with some of our key stakeholders.

As president, my responsibility is to advance the good of the entire University—our academic excellence and financial well-being as well as the future of Maryland Athletics. We are a premier land-grant and research university, situated in a vibrant metropolitan region next to our nation’s capital. Our reach and impact today is national and international. Membership in the Big Ten and the CIC offers opportunities that match our strategic purposes. We cannot let pass these opportunities.

The 21st century landscape of intercollegiate athletics is being transformed by demographics, technology, and the economic realities of big-time sports. These forces are upending traditional boundaries. Change is difficult, but we are in front of these changes. As we begin a new chapter in our history, let us go forward together and create our future. We are all Terps. We are, proudly, the University of Maryland.

Thank you for your continuing support of the University of Maryland.

Wallace D. Loh
President
University of Maryland
Irishriviera
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:26 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:Official letter from UMD...They seemed to take a parting shot at the decision to include ND

I am pleased to announce that the Board of Regents of the University System of Maryland has endorsed our application to join the Big Ten conference, starting in academic year 2014-15. The Council of Presidents of the Big Ten has approved our admission.

Membership in the Big Ten is in the strategic interest of the University of Maryland. It will ensure the financial vitality of Maryland Athletics for decades to come. It will enable us to reinstate some teams that were recently terminated due to budget deficits. We will have the capability to support better our student-athletes—in the classroom and on the field—and compete successfully at the highest levels.

Intercollegiate athletics is an integral part of our University. It must be aligned with our academic values and priorities. We will earmark some of the new resources to support our University-wide educational missions and help make college more affordable for our students. This represents nothing less than a new financial paradigm for intercollegiate athletics at the University of Maryland.

The Big Ten institutions comprise the Committee on Institutional Cooperation. The extensive opportunities in the CIC for collaborations with our peer AAU and flagship universities in education, research, and innovation will boost the University of Maryland’s ascendancy in academic excellence.

Since leaving the Southern Conference in 1953, we have been a proud founding member of the ACC. Our long history has led to spirited sports rivalries and left indelible memories. More recently, the ACC has expanded into the Midwest. But our early ACC traditions will remain forever a treasured part of the Terrapin story.

I understand that many devoted Terp fans may be stunned and disappointed at this news. I recognize and regret the sadness they may feel at our leaving the ACC. It is the passing of an era. To them, I ask only this: please understand that I am doing what I believe is best for the University of Maryland. I made this decision after due diligence and confidential consultation with some of our key stakeholders.

As president, my responsibility is to advance the good of the entire University—our academic excellence and financial well-being as well as the future of Maryland Athletics. We are a premier land-grant and research university, situated in a vibrant metropolitan region next to our nation’s capital. Our reach and impact today is national and international. Membership in the Big Ten and the CIC offers opportunities that match our strategic purposes. We cannot let pass these opportunities.

The 21st century landscape of intercollegiate athletics is being transformed by demographics, technology, and the economic realities of big-time sports. These forces are upending traditional boundaries. Change is difficult, but we are in front of these changes. As we begin a new chapter in our history, let us go forward together and create our future. We are all Terps. We are, proudly, the University of Maryland.

Wallace D. Loh
President
University of Maryland

Ha, that sentence sticks out like a sore thumb. It is also bullshit as far as reasons for leaving go. While it is utterly hypocritical as our alma mater did the same thing for the same reasons, I do sincerely hope that Mr. Loh chokes on an incredibly large bag of penises.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm

HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Irishriviera {l Wrote}:Official letter from UMD...They seemed to take a parting shot at the decision to include ND

Wallace D. Loh
President
University of Maryland

Screw tradition and history. It is all about the money.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/article/20121119/FSU03/121119036/Barron-No-one-ACC-wringing-their-hands-over-Maryland-departure?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7Cfrontpage&nclick_check=1

FSU added women’s sand volleyball last year to help get in line with Tixtle IX requirements, while Maryland recently eliminated seven sports programs entirely.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/19/uconn-acc-move-realignment/?eref=twitter_feed

If UConn replaces Maryland, the Carolina schools will bail and all hell will break lose.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Just to highlight how shit the ACC TV/Bowl deals really are:

The University of Maryland stands to make nearly $100 million more in conference revenue by 2020 with its switch from the ACC to the Big Ten, according to projected revenue information presented to the school by Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany, SI.com has learned.

The projected information shows how Maryland could afford its $50 million buyout from the ACC, a fee the school is expected to attempt to reduce through legal action.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/pete_thamel/11/19/maryland-big-ten-money/index.html
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:54 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/19/uconn-acc-move-realignment/?eref=twitter_feed
http://nolesports.tallahassee.com/artic ... ck_check=1

No one in ACC is 'wringing their hands' over Maryland departure

As long as we don't replace them with Yukon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:55 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

If UConn replaces Maryland, the Carolina schools will bail and all hell will break lose.

I think FSU is a much bigger concern than the Carolina schools.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Coach K:

"I think the ACC is vulnerable right now, I'm concerned about our conference," Krzyzewski said on Monday afternoon, taping a segment for his Basketball and Beyond show on Sirius XM Radio.

When a guest asked Krzyzewski if he'd prefer Louisville or Connecticut to replace Maryland, which announced its departure for the Big Ten on Monday, Krzyzewski said before he could answer that he'd wanted to get everyone in a room and "close ranks and see who's still here."

Krzyzewski added: "I think there could still be some movement in our conference."

"I do think more people are going to go after people in our conference now," he said. "Especially if Maryland shows that in some way they can reduce or get out of that $50 million commitment."

Krzyzewski noted that "maybe we should have done something else" when the ACC added Notre Dame as a partial member with a scheduling agreement for football in September. He mentioned perhaps the ACC should have considered adding UConn, Louisville or Rutgers.

"For my own conference," he said, "its time to circle wagons and take attendance and make sure we have who we have."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/pete_thamel/11/19/Coach-Krzyzewski-Maryland/index.html#ixzz2Chw9BMds
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby bcaddict on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:10 pm

K has always been pissy about the ND partial membership so I'm not surprised.

If the Carolina schools didn't want UConn, you can bet that there's no way UConn gets an invite. Where would the votes FOR them come from?
bcaddict
Carney Hall

Postby MrAwesomeII on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:21 pm

"according to PROJECTED revenue presented to the school BY Big 10 Commish Jim Delany."

The Devil is always in the details and language of these articles and quotes. We should be wary of words and phrases like "projected", "could", "may", "according to", "up to or beyond". And on a not unrelated note, I wonder where Warrace Roh will be in 5 years when there are 25,000 people at Byrd Park for their game against Indiana? Or 20k at their Rutgers game??
MrAwesomeII
Carney Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium