Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Maryland may actually be leaving the ACC

Postby JesuitIvy on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 pm

Charlie Breaknuts {l Wrote}:You’re not too fucking bright are you there, Jebbie Ivy. I am assuming you went to the Jebbie version of Cornell based on that stupid ass reply. I have no use for the Orangutang in Chief, just as I had no use for the Urkell-look-alike who previously held the office. I hate the Democrats because they generally do what they say they are going to do—crush the economy and wipe their asses with the Constitution. I hate the Republicans because they never do any of the things they say they are going to do—oh, they might nibble around the edges—I like Scott Pruitt and the rolling back Barry Soweto’s EOs and a tax cut is always welcome, but the failure to do anything about entitlements and start eliminating useless agencies like Education leaves me without a party. I am now just George Carlin—albeit from the right—hating the world and reveling in its stupidity.

Uh, sure, great. Don't forget to give your bed assignment ticket to guy at the window.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Charlie Breaknuts on Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Okay, but you should probably stop sucking cock for meth in the shelter men’s room.
Charlie Breaknuts
n00b

Postby HJS on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:13 am

Hey... 20 bucks is 20 bucks. :shrug
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Charlie Breaknuts {l Wrote}:Okay, but you should probably stop sucking cock for meth in the shelter men’s room.

Oh good try, what a good try! Be proud of your effort, you'll get there!
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 pm

That did not go well for you, Ivy. That was eerily similar to an IB-Murt exchange.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:18 am

A shame I don't care. I take what little solace I need in knowing Charlie probably has good reason for talking about sucking guys off for meth
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:25 am

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... -dj-durkin

seems like a school you'd like to associate with
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:13 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24342005/maryland-terrapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

I want nothing but bad things for that program. But, this seems more like a coddled generation thing. Fear and intimidation from the coaches? Verbal abuse? Seriously would hate to see what millennials would write from their parents basement after spending the day at a Tom Coughlin practice in the early 90s.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:19 am

Yeah, kid dying of heatstroke seems in line with the mo’j “millennials are pussies” agenda
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:35 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24342005/maryland-terrapins-football-culture-toxic-coach-dj-durkin

I want nothing but bad things for that program. But, this seems more like a coddled generation thing. Fear and intimidation from the coaches? Verbal abuse? Seriously would hate to see what millennials would write from their parents basement after spending the day at a Tom Coughlin practice in the early 90s.

They forced a fat kid to eat a candy bar while watching his teammates workout as a means of shaming him into shaping up. Because that strategy worked out so well with Private Pile...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Anyone else get this email??????

Dear Terps,

I am extremely concerned by the allegations of unacceptable behaviors by members of our football staff detailed in recent media reports. We are committed to fully investigating the program.

At this time, the best decision for our football program is to place Maryland Head Football Coach DJ Durkin on leave so we can properly review the culture of the program. This is effective immediately. Matt Canada will serve as interim head coach.

The external review into the tragic death of Jordan McNair continues, and we have committed to releasing publicly the report being prepared by an independent and national expert.

The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is our highest priority. These alleged behaviors are not consistent with the values I expect all of our staff to adhere to and we must do better.

You will be hearing from me as our work continues to rebuild the culture of respect in our football program.

Damon Evans
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:54 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

They forced a fat kid to eat a candy bar while watching his teammates workout as a means of shaming him into shaping up. Because that strategy worked out so well with Private Pile...

I thought that was funny as hell. But, I’m sure Twitter thinks fat shaming should be a crime.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:41 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Anyone else get this email??????

Dear Terps,

I am extremely concerned by the allegations of unacceptable behaviors by members of our football staff detailed in recent media reports. We are committed to fully investigating the program.

At this time, the best decision for our football program is to place Maryland Head Football Coach DJ Durkin on leave so we can properly review the culture of the program. This is effective immediately. Matt Canada will serve as interim head coach.

The external review into the tragic death of Jordan McNair continues, and we have committed to releasing publicly the report being prepared by an independent and national expert.

The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is our highest priority. These alleged behaviors are not consistent with the values I expect all of our staff to adhere to and we must do better.

You will be hearing from me as our work continues to rebuild the culture of respect in our football program.

Damon Evans

From Wikipedia: “Evans was arrested for DUI on June 30, 2010. Evans tried to bribe his way out of the arrest and had a pair of red panties between his legs when he was pulled over. The passenger in the car, 28-year-old Courtney Fuhrmann of Atlanta, was arrested for disorderly conduct. Evans was asked for his resignation and agreed to resign.[2].”
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:31 pm

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

Dear Terps,

Damon Evans

From Wikipedia: “Evans was arrested for DUI on June 30, 2010. Evans tried to bribe his way out of the arrest and had a pair of red panties between his legs when he was pulled over. The passenger in the car, 28-year-old Courtney Fuhrmann of Atlanta, was arrested for disorderly conduct. Evans was asked for his resignation and agreed to resign.[2].”

What a dumpster fire of a program/school.
So glad they got kicked out of the ACC.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:54 am

i mean i'm thrilled they're out too but it's not like we didn't replace 1 dumpster fire for another but at least papa john's junior college is good at sports
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:05 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i mean i'm thrilled they're out too but it's not like we didn't replace 1 dumpster fire for another but at least papa john's junior college is good at sports

WAS good at sports. Long gone is the whole Tom Jurich approach of hiring coaches who are bad people and letting them cheat on the NCAA like they cheat on their wives.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:31 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

Dear Terps,

Damon Evans

Seems like Courtney has aged well and is still available should Evans want to buy a place in Boca.
http://www.waterfront-properties.com/ag ... -fuhrmann/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Court fired - everyone else on leave is probably gone, too. Loh took 'legal and moral responsibility' on the university's behalf. Big Ten has to be thrilled with its most recent acquisitions.

In case you didn't know, Loh is an assclown of the no-talent variety.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:In case you didn't know, Loh is an assclown of the no-talent variety.

His Wikipedia page is comical....

Early life
Loh was born in Shanghai, and emigrated at a young age to Lima, Peru. He went to the United States for college, earning a bachelor's degree from Grinnell College. He later earned a master's degree from Cornell where he was elected for membership in the Telluride House[1], a doctorate in psychology from the University of Michigan,[2] and a law degree from Yale.[3]

Does he think he's Peter Pan? By the time he graduated Law school, he'd be 28 years old... and had not yet held a job.

Academic career
Before becoming the president at University of Maryland, College Park, Loh spent three decades in higher education. He has been dean of the University of Washington Law School, vice chancellor of the University of Colorado, a dean at Seattle University, and most recently provost at the University of Iowa where he oversaw budgets and personnel for the state university's eleven colleges.

He proves the point by never actually holding a job... opting for the safe space cocoon of a college campus.

Under Loh's leadership, the University declined in US News rankings[8] and endured a scandal related to the death of a football player[9]. Loh recently chose Damon Evans -- the employee who was responsible for oversight of the football program at the time of the tragedy -- to be the school's next athletic director[10]

Looks like Maryland fans got to the page. Surpised they didn't call him a Mad Scientist and that students would wear lab coats in his honor.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:57 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:Court fired - everyone else on leave is probably gone, too. Loh took 'legal and moral responsibility' on the university's behalf. Big Ten has to be thrilled with its most recent acquisitions.

Nebraska has been squeaky clean since Lawrence Phillips matriculated.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:07 am

Dear Terrapin Community,

When I was named Athletic Director in July, my highest priority was to investigate the events surrounding the death of our football student-athlete, Jordan McNair. Although that review is ongoing, preliminary findings from the independent review being conducted by national experts in sports medicine indicate that mistakes were made. The care provided to Jordan was not consistent with best practices, our trainers did not implement appropriately the emergency action plan, and they misdiagnosed the severity of Jordan's initial symptoms.

Based on these preliminary findings, we have taken immediate actions including:
Implemented additional safeguards for all of our athletic practices and training, not just football.
Added cooling stations and increased student-athlete breaks during practice taking place in the heat.
Placed members of our athletic training staff on administrative leave.
Additional actions will be guided by the recommendations of our independent experts. The University has also commissioned a second team of legal and sports experts who will look into recent allegations of unacceptable behavior within our football program. The alleged behaviors are not consistent with the values of our athletic program. I have placed our head football coach DJ Durkin on administrative leave, and as of today, we accepted the resignation of our head football strength and conditioning coach.

Make no mistake, we will not tolerate any behavior from any employee within our athletic program that is detrimental to the mental or physical well-being of our student-athletes. There is nothing more important to me than our student-athletes’ safety.

You will continue to hear from me with updates on our progress. I ask that you keep Jordan’s family, friends and teammates in your prayers.

Sincerely,

Damon Evans
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:He proves the point by never actually holding a job... opting for the safe space cocoon of a college campus.

This ^^ is the issue in a nutshell. He just wanted to stay on campus forever and, having run out of degree programs, he decided to become an administrator. UMD-CP is in many ways the perfect home for him - in fairness, the school's ranking in business, engineering, and scientific disciplines has ascended rapidly in the last twenty years. Jokes aside, this is largely due to the kids from NY / NJ who come from better schools systems than public MD districts and mostly go home to work in the city, then send back cash; and other factors, such as UMD's close and numerous affiliations with the DoD, the Pentagon, NSA, DOE, and various other well-funded government institutions down the road. Its translated to more funding, which attracts better students, which creates more prestige - fine, that's all legitimate and worthy of acknowledgment.

None of this really required brilliant administration - basically it's all stuff that landed on their doorstep, and yet, UMD admins have taken responsibility for it. All it needed was a rubber stamp - my lazy, lazy hound could have sat in the office and gotten the exact same results, snoring and farting and being awake long enough to stamp an ink pawprint on the authorization documents.

The irony is that both UMBC and UMD-Baltimore are competently administered (UMBC exceptionally so) and somehow the merger's shots were all called by UMD-CP, with state backing. I'm against it over the long term... UMD's professional schools in Baltimore (law, medicine, nursing, dentistry, etc) were all doing fine without Wallace Loh involved.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:18 am

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:The irony is that both UMBC and UMD-Baltimore are competently administered (UMBC exceptionally so) and somehow the merger's shots were all called by UMD-CP, with state backing. I'm against it over the long term... UMD's professional schools in Baltimore (law, medicine, nursing, dentistry, etc) were all doing fine without Wallace Loh involved.

Is that really suprising? "Competently admistered" is code word for "performance-based" and "fiscally responsibe"... realiities that can be regularly ignored by utopian college administrators and governments laden with Democratic Socialists.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:45 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:The irony is that both UMBC and UMD-Baltimore are competently administered (UMBC exceptionally so) and somehow the merger's shots were all called by UMD-CP, with state backing. I'm against it over the long term... UMD's professional schools in Baltimore (law, medicine, nursing, dentistry, etc) were all doing fine without Wallace Loh involved.

Is that really suprising? "Competently admistered" is code word for "performance-based" and "fiscally responsibe"... realiities that can be regularly ignored by utopian college administrators and governments laden with Democratic Socialists.

No surprise at all - UM-Baltimore has a much tighter focus and while the med school has research affiliations, it's prestige is from the high quality of the practicing physicians it produces (top 25 med school for clinical for years - nowhere to be found on research) - the focus is on education, not bullshit. It also helps that having Hopkins across town means that there's almost no point in gunning for top 25 in research; but if you notice, that's all that assclown Loh talks about. Research and dollars.

UMD medicine has been around a loooooong time - there's a professor there named Milford Foxwell who tells hilarious stories from the school's history, like when the med school used to pay disreputable grave-robbers for corpses and a mob of Baltimorons once showed up, stormed the med school, and stole cadavers to bury them back in the ground because supposedly someone's wife had been lifted. In an era when schools are anointing themselves with phony histories, UMD medicine actually has a real history worth discussing. Makes the affiliation with College Park's bullshit all the more execrable.

UMBC consistently punches way above its weight class in places where it cares to. Hrabowski, by contrast to Loh, is the real deal and Freeman should be running the entire UMD system. Would cost a lot less and put a lot of admins back on the street where they belong while focusing on improving the quality of the education.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:27 pm

Damon Evans is a moron so I don't expect him to handle this well. He got the job in part because of Gene D.

The only time I've been on Maryland's campus was during the 2009 Football game. I was surprised how ugly it was. So many of the buildings looked like they were built for Soviet Russia. Their stadium still has piss troughs instead of urinals.
Last edited by ATLeagle on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:35 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Damon Evans is a moron so I don't expect him to handle this well. He got the job in part because of Gene D.

The only time I've been on Maryland's campus was during the 2009 Football game. I was surprised how ugly it was. So many of the buildings looked like they were built for Soviet Russia. There stadium still has piss troughs instead of urinals.

It's pretty damn ugly ... but I'm curious now. Towson University's campus was upgraded, redesigned, and built after the Kent State riots and the legend is that it was specifically built with no easy pathways in any one direction to dissuade large crowds from gathering and moving in a herd. I wonder when Maryland's eastern bloc housing was raised. I don't actually know...

Several years ago a truck busted through a brick wall on Route One and the only attractive modification to campus appeared:

shame they took it down
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:37 pm

TontoKowalski {l Wrote}:UMD medicine has been around a loooooong time - there's a professor there named Milford Foxwell who tells hilarious stories from the school's history, like when the med school used to pay disreputable grave-robbers for corpses and a mob of Baltimorons once showed up, stormed the med school, and stole cadavers to bury them back in the ground because supposedly someone's wife had been lifted.

Disappointing. Like every other BC sporting tradition, it seems that even "Riding the Pony" was lifted from another fanbase.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 pm

There is no way that Maryland's campus is uglier than Albany's campus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:06 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There is no way that Maryland's campus is uglier than Albany's campus.

right down to the roman god of beating off
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TontoKowalski on Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:20 pm

TRE loves urinal troughs. He just stands there not peeing as the men come and go.
TontoKowalski
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium