Beating 81 and his diseased rhinocerous pizzle...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Beating 81 and his diseased rhinocerous pizzle...

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:02 pm

if so, I'm pretty sure he is like 81 in that he's called every single possible expansion scenario right or wrong. He also pulled the Maryland thing off of Maryland message boards. I don't think he did anything similar with this.

In particular he has called for the demise of the ACC about 1000 times.

That said, nothing would be surprising at this point.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:13 pm

Apparently its some PSU poster, but you're right. There are so many assholes making predictions out there that some of them are bound to be right. Broken clock and such.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:18 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:More message board wankery, but it turned out correct last time.

Apparently the same Rivals poster that broke this shit is saying the B1G is looking to add GT and either UNC or UVA by the end of next year.

Grain of salt and such.

First... by the end of 2013??? That's a hell of a long time to give the ACC to get their crap in order.
Second... I thought that the B1G explored GT but then realized that the market was too heavily SEC country and it would be impossible to be the big dog... so their interest waned.
Third... UNC and UVA is what they are looking to do... which will allow them to keep their desire to have flagship continguous state universities.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:38 pm

99.999% this is all bullshit, but entertaining none the less. This is from the WVU "source" during their own transfer:

15 schools have contacted the B12 offices since Yesterday morning. Schools spanning coast to coast

ACC offices are currently being described as being in total disarray. Lots of confusion. Mistrust running rampart.

My sources are saying UNC UVA have emerged as the Big 10s next 2 targets. GT will have to wait. Delaney wants contiguous state lines

UNC has apparently rethought their options. Duke officials are aware of the situation and are livid. Duke contacted B12 this morning

Latest word from Bowlsbys office: super conferences are imminent. We have options.

To all those thinking this to be the demise of the ACC guess again.The ACC will be changed but the BigEast is the conference being put under

Don't count BC out of the B1G equation. Word is they are making a huge push to be paired with UVA and seem much more committed than UNC

BC is extremely upset at the coming addition of Conn and are playing their strengths-Academics, Market, famil with Notre Dame

My source tells me his contacts in the SEC say they still will not expand in states they already are in
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:99.999% this is all bullshit, but entertaining none the less. This is from the WVU "source" during their own transfer:

15 schools have contacted the B12 offices since Yesterday morning. Schools spanning coast to coast

ACC offices are currently being described as being in total disarray. Lots of confusion. Mistrust running rampart.

My sources are saying UNC UVA have emerged as the Big 10s next 2 targets. GT will have to wait. Delaney wants contiguous state lines

UNC has apparently rethought their options. Duke officials are aware of the situation and are livid. Duke contacted B12 this morning

Latest word from Bowlsbys office: super conferences are imminent. We have options.

To all those thinking this to be the demise of the ACC guess again.The ACC will be changed but the BigEast is the conference being put under

Don't count BC out of the B1G equation. Word is they are making a huge push to be paired with UVA and seem much more committed than UNC

BC is extremely upset at the coming addition of Conn and are playing their strengths-Academics, Market, famil with Notre Dame

My source tells me his contacts in the SEC say they still will not expand in states they already are in unless Texas calls

fixed
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:46 pm

The disarray of the ACC offices is accurate. As is B1G focused on adding UVA and UNC. I also don't doubt that a bunch of schools have contacted the B12. I doubt that Duke is one and I doubt BC is even a remote consideration for B1G.

The future of the conference lies in whether UVA, UNC and FSU want to stay together. I they do, they will have everyone back on board tomorrow. If they hem and haw, the conference is toast.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:35 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:The disarray of the ACC offices is accurate. As is B1G focused on adding UVA and UNC. I also don't doubt that a bunch of schools have contacted the B12. I doubt that Duke is one and I doubt BC is even a remote consideration for B1G.

The future of the conference lies in whether UVA, UNC and FSU want to stay together. I they do, they will have everyone back on board tomorrow. If they hem and haw, the conference is toast.

VA will not let UVA and VPI split up
UNC wants to be with duke and will not leave
FSU is the wildcard
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:The disarray of the ACC offices is accurate. As is B1G focused on adding UVA and UNC. I also don't doubt that a bunch of schools have contacted the B12. I doubt that Duke is one and I doubt BC is even a remote consideration for B1G.

VA will not let UVA and VPI split up
UNC wants to be with duke and will not leave
FSU is the wildcard

BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Walsh601 {l Wrote}:99.999% this is all bullshit, but entertaining none the less. This is from the WVU "source" during their own transfer:

My source tells me his contacts in the SEC say they still will not expand in states they already are in

The best thing about BC leaving would be completely undoing ant positive thing that Gene has done and his good legacy. Kick him out of the HOF and life will be good.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Walsh601 on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Tons of chatter today about GT leaving next week. Nothing from national journos yet but it reminds me of how the Maryland story broke. At least a DC area TV producer is claiming his sources are telling him GT and UVA to the B1G on Monday.
Walsh601
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 am

It was a rumor started from a WVU message board so it's very likely bullshit. There's an article out there about it but I'm too lazy to go look for it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:23 am

HJS
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium