Another amazing Saturday

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Another amazing Saturday

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:55 am

You should see all the apples we came home with.

A big shout out to Paul and Maggie at Hilltop Orchards. Thanks for the hospitality and thanks for introducing me to some delicious apple varieties which I never knew existed. Let's just say that a plain old fashioned Red Delicious isn't going to cut it for this guy anymore.

And the cider...wow! You really just can't top that fresh, snappy taste.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Re: Another amazing Saturday

Postby mod6A on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:31 pm

apple cider? or apple juice?
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:You should see all the apples we came home with.

A big shout out to Paul and Maggie at Hilltop Orchards. Thanks for the hospitality and thanks for introducing me to some delicious apple varieties which I never knew existed. Let's just say that a plain old fashioned Red Delicious isn't going to cut it for this guy anymore.

Tell me you tried the Apple Cider donuts. They are simply to die for.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 am

I spent my Saturday playing paintball and having a cookout as part of a bachelor party weekend. I hardly even thought about BC football, I was having so much fun. Yay Spaz.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:36 am

mod6A {l Wrote}:apple cider? or apple juice?

They've got a saying. If it's clear and yella, you've got juice there fella. If it's dark and brown, you're in cider town.

Of course in Canada, the whole thing's reversed...
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AliAss on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:41 am

Aren't you the Mike who used to be funny?
AliAss
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:49 am

AliAss {l Wrote}:

Didn't you used to be something else too?
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AliAss on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:51 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AliAss {l Wrote}:

Nah-- I'm always an ass, no matter what other names we go by. Hey-- you have my password, too. You've been in my shoes on ocassion yourself.
AliAss
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 am

AliAss {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AliAss {l Wrote}:

Nah-- I'm always an ass, no matter what other names we go by. Hey-- you have my password, too. You've been in my shoes on ocassion yourself.

That was the old AliAss, who was last seen walking into Zander's house with a bomb strapped to his back.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby AliAss on Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:55 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AliAss {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
AliAss {l Wrote}:

That was the old AliAss, who was last seen walking into Zander's house with a bomb strapped to his back.

Them was the days.

AliAss
n00b

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I spent my Saturday playing paintball and having a cookout as part of a bachelor party weekend. I hardly even thought about BC football, I was having so much fun. Yay Spaz.

You played paintball at a bachelor party?
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:51 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I spent my Saturday playing paintball and having a cookout as part of a bachelor party weekend. I hardly even thought about BC football, I was having so much fun. Yay Spaz.

Yes.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:52 am

I actually went apple picking on Saturday, but I went too early and was therefore still subjected to BC Football.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:58 am

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

I've played paintball and then drank Bud Heavies while grilling Moose, venison and bear meat in a cabin in the woods before for a bachelor party. Is it my idea of what I want my bachelor party to be? No. But I've also had this experience.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

I've played paintball and then drank Bud Heavies while grilling Moose, venison and bear meat in a cabin in the woods before for a bachelor party. Is it my idea of what I want my bachelor party to be? No. But I've also had this experience.

Thank you. It was a good time, much better than watching a Spaz-coached BC team.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:45 am

in vegas?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:47 am

Was it a cookout or a clambake?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:

The best apple cider and apple cider donuts are from Hacklebarney Park in Chester, NJ. I love that place. Alstede's Farm in Chester is awesome, too. I miss those places!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:37 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

in vegas?

I was at a Vegas BP where this was thrown out as a Sat afternoon option. I wasn't really for it but would not have protested if that is what the group wanted to do. It wasn't, but for lack of motivation more than anything else.
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BC923 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 pm

I actually did go apple picking too.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:53 pm

I thought I was bump this thread to tell you about my wonderful fall weekend.

The lady friend and I went up to Maine. We hiked some trails and enjoyed the scenery, had a great lunch in Portland (Duckat is highly recommended) and walked around the city, shopped at the outlet stores in Freeport, and went on a haunted hayride. We even got ourselves a bag of Macoun apples.

Just a great fall weekend. I hope you all were able to get out and enjoy it as much as I did.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 pm

I am glad you went to duck fat. That place is awesome.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:17 pm

While this isn't the beer thread, did you happen to try any Rising Tide while up there? New-ish brewery in the bayside neighborhood that is churning out some good stuff.

If you have not been already, i would strongly recommend a designated driver (or HomeRunners service) and a trip to the Great Lost Bear in the deering area of Portland.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I thought I was bump this thread to tell you about my wonderful fall weekend.

The lady friend and I went up to Maine. We hiked some trails and enjoyed the scenery, had a great lunch in Portland (Duckat is highly recommended) and walked around the city, shopped at the outlet stores in Freeport, and went on a haunted hayride. We even got ourselves a bag of Macoun apples.

Just a great fall weekend. I hope you all were able to get out and enjoy it as much as I did.

I think you just rocketcarred yourself.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby hinghameagle on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:36 pm

here is how I spent my Saturday. I told myself that for the first time in my life, I am staying away. Wasnt going to watch, listen or check in. I am emotionally bankrupt due to the weekly sinking of this ship. I have three kids under the age of 10. after all their soccer and hockey games on Saturday they wanted to go to the movies. Now normally, being the great dad that I am, if they want to do something that conflicts with me watching a BC football game, the answer is no. Pisses my wife off, but she knew about my BC issues long before she married me.

Anyways they want to see a movie called Frankenweenie. It was showing at our local theatre at 4:45 or 7:15. I chose the 4:45 showing so that I would intentionally be forcing myself not to watch the game. As much as I told myself I was out, i am not sure that if I was home, I would have been able to not flip it on.

We went to the movie, which for those of you who have kids, take this recommendation, dont ever go to see this movie. Director is that psycho, Tim Burton (Edward scissorhands,beetlejuice, nightmare before Christmas). thsi movie is dark and scary. It's a kids movie that within the first three minutes involves a dog getting crushed by a car at about 50 mph. From there it doesnt get any more uplifting. My youngest was crying 5 minutes in. cost me $20 in popcorn and swedish fish to get him back on track. anyways, I can't watch this kids version of Friday the 13th, so at about 5:40 i grab my cell phone, and check the play by play. My strike from BC football lasted three plays. I keep watching and then see " 1st and ten from the FSU 26: Andre williams rushes for 25 yards to the FSU 1 yard line" I wanted to huck my phone at the five year old freddie Kruger on the screen, becasue I knew what was coming next. And my suspicions came true, Andre williams rush for no gain, Andre williams rush for no gain, andre williams rush for no game, incomplete pass.

I did not see one highlight from this game, and I am not sure I want to know, but can anyone tell me what the circumstances were that Williams got knocked out at the 1, and also did any of the three running plays even get close to the goalline.

As an aside after the movie, I took the kids to Wallburgers for dinner. there had to be 6 different football games on. I am seeing games involving Texas Tech, Byu, Arizona State. Pretty much everything except the BC game. How far we have fallen.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby BC96 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:42 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

The best apple cider and apple cider donuts are from Hacklebarney Park in Chester, NJ. I love that place. Alstede's Farm in Chester is awesome, too. I miss those places!

I like Alstede, but it's gone pretty commercial. I'm a big fan of Melick Farms in Califon; especially since they're the only farm I know that you can pick honeycrisps.

As far as cide and cider donuts, the best I've had were from Atkins Farm in Amherst, MA.
Last edited by BC96 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I did not see one highlight from this game, and I am not sure I want to know, but can anyone tell me what the circumstances were that Williams got knocked out at the 1, and also did any of the three running plays even get close to the goalline.

I don't remember. At this point, I think my mind is starting to block it out. I don't think any of the 3 runs were even reviewed. What I remember most about that series is saying to myself "I smell an ND '08 coming." And it did.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:51 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:I did not see one highlight from this game, and I am not sure I want to know, but can anyone tell me what the circumstances were that Williams got knocked out at the 1, and also did any of the three running plays even get close to the goalline.

I don't remember. At this point, I think my mind is starting to block it out. I don't think any of the 3 runs were even reviewed. What I remember most about that series is saying to myself "I smell an ND '08 coming." And it did.

I think they reviewed the 3rd down run. And Williams lost his balance on the long run, stumbled after a hit, and went out at the 1 without really reaching for the pylon. On the 3rd down run that was reviewed, he had the ball down around his waist when his knee went down, and only then reached for the goal line.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:54 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

The final run was reviewed. I was very surprised that they didn't award the TD (which was as close as Stanford's last TD). Also, didn't we pass the ball on first down? That was actually a very good call and had a guy open in the flat but Werner blocked the pass. Werner's presence also made the 4th down call terrible. Mr.AwesomeII... I don't blame any of those calls on Spaz... that was all Martin (who is not qualified to be our head coach, but nevertheless is more qualified than Spaz to be our head coach).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:55 pm

Like Hingham, I also took my kids to a movie (Hotel Transylvania). I had no interest in watching BC get embarassed. I think the first time I checked the score BC was already down 2 or 3 touchdowns. I snickered, and didn't bother with the rest of the game. For reference, the only time I found myself getting worked up on Saturday was watching the ending of the ND/Stanford game. Stanford gave the game away, with some influence from questionable calls by the refs down the stretch.

If you're North Shore-centric, Cider Hill Farm in Amesbury is a solid place. Has all the standard stuff there. Their Honeycrisps were excellent.
(how fucking sad BC fandom has become!)
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium