Blauds Leaving Globe!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Blauds Leaving Globe!

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:58 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
First of all, Matt Ryan was the QB for Jags two years and in all honesty, you and I could have gone 8 wins with Matty Ice at QB.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=150#comment-18

We're all going to miss him

I was just going to say he brought that up in response to a post of mine. Someone called him out before I could but I think that is pretty indicative of the level of attention he paid to his job. Slight difference between Matt Ryan and the Crane/Davis experience.

"The crap that comes out of the websites about Spaz and the Eagles is mind boggling."

"I’ve been around the BC football program for the past 25 years. I watched BC back in the Doug Flutie days when he took the Eagles to the Cotton Bowl."

2012-25 = 1987

"Chase Rettig, who has seen five offensive coordinators in his three seasons at BC, with former Kent State head coach Doug Martin the latest."

Stat boy?

I noticed he threw in an IB favorite "let's see what happens" in his response.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Let's recruit Desmond Conner?

I've joined in on the shitting of Blauds on twitter too.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
First of all, Matt Ryan was the QB for Jags two years and in all honesty, you and I could have gone 8 wins with Matty Ice at QB.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=150#comment-18

We're all going to miss him

I was just going to say he brought that up in response to a post of mine. Someone called him out before I could but I think that is pretty indicative of the level of attention he paid to his job. Slight difference between Matt Ryan and the Crane/Davis experience.

Exactly. How can he purport to be an expert on the program when the rest of us (who don't get to follow the team for our job) can call him on crap like this.

He is already starting to backpedal. Now he is saying stuff like "I hope you're wrong" instead of defending his posts.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Bumpers on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:10 pm

I am grateful that Blauds has confirmed by previously held opinion that all "jersey guys" are full of delusional hyprbole.

If this opinion is incorrect, I submit that one of the "jersey guys" from this site go over there and tell Blauds that "I'm from jersey; you ain't from jersey, chump!"

:boxer
Bumpers
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCStevenHale on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:32 pm

Dear all EO resident Penn State meatbombers,

If you do not recognize this blog and its comment section as the greatest opportunity to meatbomb one of the most deserving of candidates then TRE and Campion truly did die for no reason.

Love always,

An interested party

If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone after Stephanie Tanner
BCStevenHale
n00b

Postby SeaCaptim on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:59 pm

Did Campion die or was he banished from this board?
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:02 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Did Campion die or was he banished from this board?

technically neither
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:42 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Did Campion die or was he banished from this board?

A Mysterious Stranger killed him.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:37 pm

They probably were able to lay off an editor too by getting rid of Blauds.
This is the best news I've gotten form the Globe in some time.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

I don't follow the Irish that closely, but Blauds posted this today and I hadn't heard it before:

Blauds {l Wrote}:The Irish and the ACC continue to focus on a deal which would allow ND to play 6 games a year against ACC teams in exchange for getting full membership in the ACC in all other sports.

The sticking point would be in basketball. Putting together a schedule for a 15 team league is much tougher than doing it for a 16 team league. Talks will continue….
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 am

He's been saying that for a couple of weeks now. I can't see it happening. Swofford isn't stupid enough to do partial members. Who gives a shit about ND's other sports?

They want a spot for every other sport? Then we'll take football. If not, no deal.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 am

"I’ve been around the BC football program for the past 25 years. I watched BC back in the Doug Flutie days when he took the Eagles to the Cotton Bowl."

2012-25 = 1987

He wrote for the Dallas newsaper, and covered the Cotton Bowl in 1985. I assumed he caught some games on TV as well.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:22 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:He's been saying that for a couple of weeks now. I can't see it happening. Swofford isn't stupid enough to do partial members. Who gives a shit about ND's other sports?

They want a spot for every other sport? Then we'll take football. If not, no deal.

I am ok with it if it is only for the first 2 or 3 years AND the 16th team is NOT Yukon.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 am

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:

2012-25 = 1987

He wrote for the Dallas newsaper, and covered the Cotton Bowl in 1985. I assumed he caught some games on TV as well.

I assume he did as well. It's still disingenuous to write it the way he did (although, with him who knows whether it was on purpose or because he's different). Does he let you wipe the dribble off his chin between bites?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 am

my comments from yesterday are still waiting to get cleared
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't follow the Irish that closely, but Blauds posted this today and I hadn't heard it before:

Blauds {l Wrote}:The Irish and the ACC continue to focus on a deal which would allow ND to play 6 games a year against ACC teams in exchange for getting full membership in the ACC in all other sports.

The sticking point would be in basketball. Putting together a schedule for a 15 team league is much tougher than doing it for a 16 team league. Talks will continue….

Blauds has claimed that he won't report about the Rogers thing because it is a rumor and needs someone to go on record before he puts anything in print. However, he apparently has no problem rumor as fact when it comes to things like ND partial membership, Yukon joining the ACC or what allegedly happened when BC left the Big East.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:I don't follow the Irish that closely, but Blauds posted this today and I hadn't heard it before:

Blauds has claimed that he won't report about the Rogers thing because it is a rumor and needs someone to go on record before he puts anything in print. However, he apparently has no problem rumor as fact when it comes to things like ND partial membership, Yukon joining the ACC or what allegedly happened when BC left the Big East.

There's no way Blaudschun isn't monitoring this post and site, so let's ask him directly. Mark, why is this so? Also, why do you love Spaz?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:01 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Yup. But he's not buddies with "GDFlip..."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Was Campion (RIP), Blauds??

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=187
Rettig ready for another run
Matt Ryan and Chase Rettig had dinner on the Boston College campus last winter.

No big deal there right? Just two QBs–BC past and BC present–talking not only football, but life as college students, something that Ryan, who now collects a nice take home pay check as the starting QB for the Atlanta Falcons, has not been since 2007.

“One of the things that Matt told me,” said Rettig on Thursday as he closed in on the start of another summer training camp with the Eagles, ‘”was to have some fun.”

When you are the QB of a team which finished 4-8 last season, fun is a relative term.

When your two-year statistical total as the Eagles’ starting QB includes 16 TD passes and 19 interceptions, fun is sometimes hard to find on a Saturday afternoon or evening.

Make no mistake, Rettig wants to have fun. But he also wants to win, which he figures will be more than fun.

I’m rooting for Chase Rettig to have fun this season. So is BC coach Frank Spaziani, whose head coaching career at The Heights could very well depend on just how much fun Rettig and the Eagles have, beginning with their season-opener against Miami on Sept. 1 at Alumni Stadium.

Rettig has his critics, who suggest–many do more than that–that he never will be the quarterback that Spaziani had hoped he would be when he came across the country from Southern California two and a half years ago.

But he’s not the same kid who was thrust into the starting role on national television against Notre Dame two Septembers ago and asked to grow up with on the job training.

Rettig has done that–slowly and sometimes painfully. He has had also had to endure changes in the offense created by five different offensive coordinators since he arrived.

“”My freshman year, I didn’t know what to expect,” said Rettig, who has matured into a fairly confident QB. “We had some rough times at the start, but we pulled it together and went to a bowl game. There were a lot of close games that we won.”

Good quarterbacks are supposed to help their teams win close games. Last year that didn’t happen very often, if at all.

“”Last year we lost a lot more close games than we won,” said Rettig. “But this year I expect that to be different. This year we are more mature. I think we have the right guys in place.”

Such chatter is what you would expect from any QB, any leader, and make no mistake this is now Rettig’s team to lead and to QB.

“You never make excuses,” said Rettig, in looking back at last season in which the Eagles’ lost by 7 to Northwestern, by a point to Duke and by eight points to Wake Forest, all in September which basically sent them off on a journey which led to BC’s worst record in 16 seasons. “We had injuries and at times we came out flat.

“This offense (run by new offensive coordinator Doug Martin) I don’t see how that can happen. It doesn’t allow it to happen since we come out full speed all the time.”

Faster, simpler, better is what Martin wants the Eagles to be when they play. So does Rettig, who was taking courses all summer in order to keep up a schedule that will allow him to graduate in December of 2013.

Rettig felt some pressure in the spring from QB Josh Bordner, but appears to have fought off the challenge. He wants to kick it up another notch this season. “I have talent,”he says, not making it sound like he is bragging. “But you have to make that talent work. You have to work at it.”

It is the reason he has spent all but four days this summer at BC, taking classes, working out and getting prepared for the season. “The life of the student-athlete,” he said laughing. “I know I have two more years to do what I know I can do.”

What Rettig can do and what he needs to do is have a great, not a good year. He needs to come out and be the Chase Rettig who can scramble out of danger and make a game-changing play.

He has done that in the past, but they have been only moments, not momentum changers.

I like Chase Rettig, always have, especially after his freshman season when he emerged from a personality which had him looking down at his feet instead of in your eyes when he talked to you.

He is a good kid, and a decent quarterback. He wants to be more than that. Maybe he can be.

And maybe then, the words of Matt Ryan and boys and QB’s just having fun, will take on real meaning.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:02 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Was Campion (RIP), Blauds??

No big deal there right? Just two QBs–BC past and BC present–talking not only football, but life as college students, something that Ryan, who now collects a nice take home pay check as the starting QB for the Atlanta Falcons, has not been since 2007.

“One of the things that Matt told me,” said Rettig on Thursday as he closed in on the start of another summer training camp with the Eagles, ‘”was to have some fun.”

When you are the QB of a team which finished 4-8 last season, fun is a relative term.

When your two-year statistical total as the Eagles’ starting QB includes 16 TD passes and 19 interceptions, fun is sometimes hard to find on a Saturday afternoon or evening.

Make no mistake, Rettig wants to have fun. But he also wants to win, which he figures will be more than fun.

I’m rooting for Chase Rettig to have fun this season. So is BC coach Frank Spaziani, whose head coaching career at The Heights could very well depend on just how much fun Rettig and the Eagles have, beginning with their season-opener against Miami on Sept. 1 at Alumni Stadium.

Rettig has his critics, who suggest–many do more than that–that he never will be the quarterback that Spaziani had hoped he would be when he came across the country from Southern California two and a half years ago.

But he’s not the same kid who was thrust into the starting role on national television against Notre Dame two Septembers ago and asked to grow up with on the job training.

Rettig has done that–slowly and sometimes painfully. He has had also had to endure changes in the offense created by five different offensive coordinators since he arrived.

“”My freshman year, I didn’t know what to expect,” said Rettig, who has matured into a fairly confident QB. “We had some rough times at the start, but we pulled it together and went to a bowl game. There were a lot of close games that we won.”

Good quarterbacks are supposed to help their teams win close games. Last year that didn’t happen very often, if at all.

“”Last year we lost a lot more close games than we won,” said Rettig. “But this year I expect that to be different. This year we are more mature. I think we have the right guys in place.”

Such chatter is what you would expect from any QB, any leader, and make no mistake this is now Rettig’s team to lead and to QB.

“You never make excuses,” said Rettig, in looking back at last season in which the Eagles’ lost by 7 to Northwestern, by a point to Duke and by eight points to Wake Forest, all in September which basically sent them off on a journey which led to BC’s worst record in 16 seasons. “We had injuries and at times we came out flat.

“This offense (run by new offensive coordinator Doug Martin) I don’t see how that can happen. It doesn’t allow it to happen since we come out full speed all the time.”

Faster, simpler, better is what Martin wants the Eagles to be when they play. So does Rettig, who was taking courses all summer in order to keep up a schedule that will allow him to graduate in December of 2013.

Rettig felt some pressure in the spring from QB Josh Bordner, but appears to have fought off the challenge. He wants to kick it up another notch this season. “I have talent,”he says, not making it sound like he is bragging. “But you have to make that talent work. You have to work at it.”

It is the reason he has spent all but four days this summer at BC, taking classes, working out and getting prepared for the season. “The life of the student-athlete,” he said laughing. “I know I have two more years to do what I know I can do.”

What Rettig can do and what he needs to do is have a great, not a good year. He needs to come out and be the Chase Rettig who can scramble out of danger and make a game-changing play.

He has done that in the past, but they have been only moments, not momentum changers.

I like Chase Rettig, always have, especially after his freshman season when he emerged from a personality which had him looking down at his feet instead of in your eyes when he talked to you.

He is a good kid, and a decent quarterback. He wants to be more than that. Maybe he can be.

And maybe then, the words of Matt Ryan and boys and QB’s just having fun, will take on real meaning.

im confused, why is blauds all of a sudden producing CONTENT now that he has effectively been fired from his job. One would think this newfound independence would allow him to focus on the Beast and only the Beast since it is his one true love.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Was Campion (RIP), Blauds??

im confused, why is blauds all of a sudden producing CONTENT now that he has effectively been fired from his job. One would think this newfound independence would allow him to focus on the Beast and only the Beast since it is his one true love.

It appears to me that all the CONTENT he is producing are just retreads of topics he has tocuhed upon over the last year. He's just pushing it out all at once rather than the former once every three month standard. Maybe his blog will dry up in a week, or maybe the Globe was really holding him back...

nah.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I was asking myself the same question. Maybe it's the novelty of something new and it will wear off.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:11 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I was asking myself the same question. Maybe it's the novelty of something new and it will wear off.

its probably because the Globe already has a readership base of whalepants and other assorted elderly new englanders, those guys don't care about content they just need something to look at while trying to poop. On the other hand, ajerseyguy.com is a horribly written blog on an ugly platform, he has to write something for people to actually come read it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:07 am

my comments didn't make it through...and it wasn't yogurt man or anything like that...still kissing the ring clearly
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

its probably because the Globe already has a readership base of whalepants and other assorted elderly new englanders, those guys don't care about content they just need something to look at while trying to poop. On the other hand, ajerseyguy.com is a horribly written blog on an ugly platform, he has to write something for people to actually come read it.

:kudos
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 am

On the other hand, ajerseyguy.com is a horribly written blog on an ugly platform, he has to write something for people to actually come read it.

I am fascinated by that picture of the silhouette of what appears to be Sherlock Holmes. I mean... what goes through the mind of someone who sees that jpeg and says... "DAMN!!! I ABSOLUTELY NEED THAT ON MY WEBSITE!!!!!"
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
On the other hand, ajerseyguy.com is a horribly written blog on an ugly platform, he has to write something for people to actually come read it.

I am fascinated by that picture of the silhouette of what appears to be Sherlock Holmes. I mean... what goes through the mind of someone who sees that jpeg and says... "DAMN!!! I ABSOLUTELY NEED THAT ON MY WEBSITE!!!!!"

It looks like Sherlock Holmes is investigating a fart.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:42 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I thought it was a guy getting a closer look at some kid's fluid hips.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:34 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I thought it was a guy getting a closer look at some kid's fluid hips.

I thought Sherlock was investigating the bloody crime scene that was left over after another meeting of the BC coaching staff.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Shredder on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:03 pm

Saw this in Chad Finn's sports chat:

Comment From O.C.
Such sad news about Mark Blaudschun moving on. One of the true greats--someone who knew that what you learn by watching film or analyzing statistics or reading blogs or "tweeting" people is nothing compared to dialing up the Big East Commissioner and taking notes. He will truly be missed.

Chad Finn:
Amen. Amazing how many people here, writers from LA and Chicago and SI, have come up and asked about him. Maybe it wasn't always recognized locally because Boston isn't much a college sports town, but he really has a national reach. I'm sure you'll be seeing his byline all over the place, and you can find him here at ajerseyguy.com , his new blog.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2012/08/chat_olympics_sports_and_media.html
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium