Blauds Leaving Globe!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Blauds Leaving Globe!

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:06 am

According to his twitter:

Transaction: Leaving Globe after 25 years. Starting own website ajerseyguy.com

Someone can link it as twitter is blocked.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Blauds Leaving Globe!

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 am

No joke, his first interview on the new blog is with Tranghese! He's really in touch. Good riddance. Anyone will be an improvement.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:10 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:According to his twitter:

Transaction: Leaving Globe after 25 years. Starting own website ajerseyguy.com

Someone can link it as twitter is blocked.

I guess when you realize unemployment is the only way to work less than you already do, this is the move.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

The sad thing thing is he was probably too expensive for the Globe to keep and he took the buyout:

http://www.boston.com/businessupdates/2 ... story.html
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:12 am

Heres a quote from his first interview with Tranghese ...

"Look at it, the ACC is now the bottom now. They are going to be the next target in football. Mike T."

Heres the link to his new garbage venture http://ajerseyguy.com/
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:No joke, his first interview on the new blog is with Tranghese! He's really in touch. Good riddance. Anyone will be an improvement.

Brainstorm: can one of you Facebook people start a social media campaign to make IB Blauds' replacement? It seems like the best way to both test ATL's hypothesis and provide this board with endless material.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

I would bet that he took a buyout. He wouldn't have burned through his vacation or subjected himself to the ACC Media Days if this was a planned retirement.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:No joke, his first interview on the new blog is with Tranghese! He's really in touch. Good riddance. Anyone will be an improvement.

Tranghese owed him big time.

This is great news!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:16 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Heres a quote from his first interview with Tranghese ...

"Look at it, the ACC is now the bottom now. They are going to be the next target in football. Mike T."

Heres the link to his new garbage venture http://ajerseyguy.com/

I'd rather get Tranghese's take on the best buffets in Providence. At least it would be current.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:17 am

Is it possible that nobody covers the team on a regular basis?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:22 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:

Is it possible that nobody covers the team on a regular basis?

That is my fear. With the Herald dedicating a reporter, I think the Globe would want to stay current. I also think that if they hire the right person -- who does good web work -- they could really make some money on it. College Football might not be big in Boston, but on the web it is bigger than hockey or NBA. A good reporter could generate a ton of page views.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:23 am

Just posted my first of what will be many snarky comments. He has to approve comments before they're published, so I doubt it gets through.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 am

I'm killing myself trying to remember that line that he always uses in his articles about BC football. "Things are different"?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:33 am

Blauds last Globe article... fitting it was on the NNNBE.
http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/f ... _positive/

Blauds last Globe article pertaining to BC... reluctantly acknowledging that Spaz needs to start winning.
http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/f ... _hot_seat/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:34 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm killing myself trying to remember that line that he always uses in his articles about BC football. "Things are different"?

It was just using the term "different" over and over again italicized at the beginning of each story. Ya know, cuz Davey wasn't showing up to Twins camp to chug beers anymore, he was showing up at Cityside to chug beers.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:38 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I'm killing myself trying to remember that line that he always uses in his articles about BC football. "Things are different"?

It was just using the term "different" over and over again italicized at the beginning of each story. Ya know, cuz Davey wasn't showing up to Twins camp to chug beers anymore, he was showing up at Cityside to chug beers.

Exactly. The gist of every article was how something was "different" now because of injuries/new coach/new conference.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:39 am

Someone should ask if he is now allowed to blog truthfully about BC or if he still has to first send copy for GDF's approval?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:42 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Just posted my first of what will be many snarky comments. He has to approve comments before they're published, so I doubt it gets through.

Link?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Just posted my first of what will be many snarky comments. He has to approve comments before they're published, so I doubt it gets through.

Link?

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=136#comment-3

HJS {l Wrote}:Someone should ask if he is now allowed to blog truthfully about BC or if he still has to first send copy for GDF's approval?

That's more or less what I asked.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Epic bio next to an epic mustard-stained pic.

My name is Mark Blaudschun. I have lived and worked in Dallas. I have lived and worked in Boston. But I was born and grew up in New Jersey. And when you cut through the years–30 years as a sportswriter for the Dallas Morning News and Boston Globe, covering everything from Super Bowls and World Series to Final Four’s and BCS title games as well as the Olympics, I’m still a Jersey Guy at heart and soul–someone who can be both cynical and enthusiastic and attempts to get to the heart of the matter as quickly as possible.
That’s what this website will try to do–on all things it sees, ranging from college sports to what happens in the NFL, NBA or Major League Baseball. Or any other subject which seems interesting.
If you want a Jersey guy’s opinion–you will find it here, even if you don’t like it or agree with it. And it won’t simply putting just putting down words.

Choppy sentences, run-on sentences, typos, conjunction beginning sentences, indecision between acronyms and full names, whatever the hell that last sentence is...this blog has it all! JERSEY 4 LYFE!!!!!
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Epic bio next to an epic mustard-stained pic.

My name is Mark Blaudschun. I have lived and worked in Dallas. I have lived and worked in Boston. But I was born and grew up in New Jersey. And when you cut through the years–30 years as a sportswriter for the Dallas Morning News and Boston Globe, covering everything from Super Bowls and World Series to Final Four’s and BCS title games as well as the Olympics, I’m still a Jersey Guy at heart and soul–someone who can be both cynical and enthusiastic and attempts to get to the heart of the matter as quickly as possible.
That’s what this website will try to do–on all things it sees, ranging from college sports to what happens in the NFL, NBA or Major League Baseball. Or any other subject which seems interesting.
If you want a Jersey guy’s opinion–you will find it here, even if you don’t like it or agree with it. And it won’t simply putting just putting down words.

Choppy sentences, run-on sentences, typos, conjunction beginning sentences, indecision between acronyms and full names, whatever the hell that last sentence is...this blog has it all! JERSEY 4 LYFE!!!!!

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:30 pm

I never knew Blauds was a 'Cane before today.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

His blog posts are terribly-written. Hopefully his editors at the Globe got big bonuses.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:34 pm

To his credit, he not only approved my post but responded to it. Claims I am mistaken if I think he is buddies with Gene and that Kevin Rogers was "genuinely ill, spitting up blood in the pressbox."

Someone responded with something about Spaz's right hook before I could.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:37 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

To his credit, he not only approved my post but responded to it. Claims I am mistaken if I think he is buddies with Gene and that Kevin Rogers was "genuinely ill, spitting up blood in the pressbox."

That was some funny stuff, kudos

HANSENPOST!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

That was some funny stuff, kudos

HANSENPOST!

this
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:44 pm

I've had exactly one e-mail exchange with Blauds which I initiated. It was back in 2008. Appropriately enough, he closed with this:

Again, that is not my opinion that is fact which BC AD Gene deFilippo will confirm.
Have a nice day.

I did not mention Flipolean in my initiating e-mail.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:46 pm

First of all, Matt Ryan was the QB for Jags two years and in all honesty, you and I could have gone 8 wins with Matty Ice at QB.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=150#comment-18

We're all going to miss him
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby 31southst on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:49 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
First of all, Matt Ryan was the QB for Jags two years and in all honesty, you and I could have gone 8 wins with Matty Ice at QB.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=150#comment-18

We're all going to miss him

I was just going to say he brought that up in response to a post of mine. Someone called him out before I could but I think that is pretty indicative of the level of attention he paid to his job. Slight difference between Matt Ryan and the Crane/Davis experience.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby UnionvilleUConnFan on Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:56 pm

Now Mike DiMauro of TheDay can finally turn his years of anti-UConn vitriol into his dream job of covering BC Sports! :spaz2
UnionvilleUConnFan
Carney Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium