ND as partial member?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ND as partial member?

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:47 am

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Hypothetically speaking, if this is even a possibility and a9 game conference schedule is in the world starting as soon as 2016, our future OOC slate looks much less problematic.

Not really. I still don't want an OOC of Buffalo, Rhode Island and N. Illinois
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:50 am

The guy on that site lost some credibility when he suggested the 16th team could be McGill or Guelph :lol:
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:52 am

i've got it on good authority that notre dame won't become a full member until we fill in the corners
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:06 am

Their 81 and our 81 have to be the same person right?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Hypothetically speaking, if this is even a possibility and a9 game conference schedule is in the world starting as soon as 2016, our future OOC slate looks much less problematic.

Not really. I still don't want an OOC of Buffalo, Rhode Island and N. Illinois

in my pie in the sky world give me a 4th OOC game against a power conference team every year over a 9 game in conference schedule
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:28 am

1. Does this mean we get to have another round of conference expansion posts? SUPER MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME CONFERENCES
2. Does this mean we get to realign the ACC and talk about it ad nauseaum? It would be nice to see the only 2 FBS catholic schools play each year.
3. Does this mean 81 will return to EO to tell us stories about his sexual conquests with his huge front tail?

So many questions... More to follow.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:05 am

hansen {l Wrote}:2. Does this mean we get to realign the ACC and talk about it ad nauseaum? It would be nice to see the only 2 FBS catholic schools play each year.

was there an announcement somewhere that we're going to start playing every acc team every year? i'd love to hear about the neat trick that they used to fit 13 games (14 if you include notre dame) into a 12 game season.

in other words s.u.h.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'd love to hear about the neat trick that they used to fit 13 games (14 if you include notre dame) into a 12 game season.

Is it like Winona Ryder's ping pong ball trick?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 am

That thread and rumor is wrong and terrible on about ten different levels.

I think the ACC Network will come within the next 18 months but it will be in partnership with ESPN, not NBC. I don't think Notre Dame's leadership could pull off a full merger into the ACC politically with their alums or fanbase. They are happy with the current set up.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:2. Does this mean we get to realign the ACC and talk about it ad nauseaum? It would be nice to see the only 2 FBS catholic schools play each year.

was there an announcement somewhere that we're going to start playing every acc team every year? i'd love to hear about the neat trick that they used to fit 13 games (14 if you include notre dame) into a 12 game season.

in other words s.u.h.

7+2 ?

p.p.s. in other words, s.i.t.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:i'm still banned on fudge pack pride :cry:

So do they have residual banning in place from sharing a server with a PSU site or was this an entirely different batch?

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:24 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

in other words s.u.h.

7+2 ?

in order to guarantee that the domers and bc played every year the acc would need to guarantee that all acc teams play each other every year. that would mean 14 conference games every year (assuming just notre dame was added to the conference) that would need to get configured into a 12 game season.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:26 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:i'm still banned on fudge pack pride :cry:

So do they have residual banning in place from sharing a server with a PSU site or was this an entirely different batch?

no - back when they "stole tob from us" they banned any poster that had association with bc or a bc website almost immediately. i am also banned but i believe that WAS due to a hearty meatbombing
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:30 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:no - back when they "stole tob from us" they banned any poster that had association with bc or a bc website almost immediately.

Another great day in message boardery.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:49 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

in other words s.u.h.

7+2 ?

in order to guarantee that the domers and bc played every year the acc would need to guarantee that all acc teams play each other every year. that would mean 14 conference games every year (assuming just notre dame was added to the conference) that would need to get configured into a 12 game season.

i, for one, look forward to football double headers at alumni stadium. perhaps then we can fill the corners and have sell outs and rv parking and cotton candy and corndogs and other fun things.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:29 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

in other words s.u.h.

7+2 ?

i, for one, look forward to football double headers at alumni stadium. perhaps then we can fill the corners and have sell outs and rv parking and cotton candy and corndogs and other fun things.

:whalepants :whalepants :whalepants

free tacos?

the techmo bowl signal deafening noise guy?

a clambake?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:48 pm

What, no talk about UConn being the 16th member?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:43 am

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What, no talk about UConn being the 16th member?

i've got it on good authority that uconn won't become a full member until we fill in the corners
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:46 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:What, no talk about UConn being the 16th member?

i've got it on good authority that uconn won't become a full member until we fill in the corners

in alumni or conte?

i see them having a bogger problem with a lack of seating for women's hoop than i do for football
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:12 pm

Filling in the corners for UConn to become the 16th member is not a requirement, however a large field for trailers is a requirement. Women's hoop games vs UConn will be moved to the Garden.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:59 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:That thread and rumor is wrong and terrible on about ten different levels.

I think the ACC Network will come within the next 18 months but it will be in partnership with ESPN, not NBC. I don't think Notre Dame's leadership could pull off a full merger into the ACC politically with their alums or fanbase. They are happy with the current set up.

Only way I see ND to a conference is if the CFB Playoff stays at 4 teams for the considerable future.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:05 am

BC would have to drop big draws like Howard or Northern Illinois to squeeze in UCONN and I'm sure nobody would be willing to give up those corner fillers.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:50 pm

The NCST "insider" was given permission to disclose the four schools being considered for #16. In order, the school so valuable to actually allow this all to come together are, in order of preference:
1. Texas
2. Penn St.
3. Navy
4. Cinci

This seems to be getting outlandish. But Texas and ND are officially the only way to add enough value to the Tier 1 and Tier 2 ESPN ACC rights for them to partner with NBC for Tier 3 and the ACCN. Maybe PSU too, but definitely Texas.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 am

ND could insist on bringing Navy along with them, and even if they didn't the Mids would arguably bring more value to the table than Cincy, especially if paired with Georgetown or Villanova.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:45 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:ND could insist on bringing Navy along with them, and even if they didn't the Mids would arguably bring more value to the table than Cincy, especially if paired with Georgetown or Villanova.

I think the only way ND to the ACC in football ever happens is if Navy comes in as #16.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:ND could insist on bringing Navy along with them, and even if they didn't the Mids would arguably bring more value to the table than Cincy, especially if paired with Georgetown or Villanova.

I think the only way ND to the ACC in football ever happens is if Navy comes in as #16.

You could be right, although I think the prospect of Texas as #16 would have the Domers thinking long and hard. They could still play USC and Navy every year and rotate among Stanford/the B1G teams (actually I've read that the B1G teams would drop ND if they join another conference, but no idea how legit that is). Assuming the ACC goes to 9 games that's a brutal schedule to play every year without even a single non-conference cupcake as long as Navy stays decent, and there's no doubt bringing Navy in as #16 gives them a lot more scheduling flexibility.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 am

Holy crap! I cannot believe this is being discussed. Texas has zero interest in the ACC. NONE. They would rather stay in the Big 8. They would rather be independent.

I am of the opinion that ND will decide it in its best interest to finally join as a full member. I (and I think most ND alums) view this as a gradual process. Once they join, I think the 16th team will be something much less dramatic. The only school in the B12 that has more than passing interest in the ACC is the Eers. And, I actually would do that in a heartbeat (as academic concerns went out the window with the LouisVILE).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:18 pm

Agree on Texas. I think the Big 12 could fold because 9 out of their 10 teams can get a better long term deal in another conference. I believe it only takes 6 or 7 votes to dissolve the conference.

Texas, TT, OU, Ok St to the PAC 12
KU & KSU to the B1G
TCU & Baylor to the SEC
WVU to the ACC

ND plays every sport, except hockey and 3 football games, in the ACC. With conference expansion and 9-10 game conference schedules, ND will have to join full time.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:12 pm

Since none of you bozos is posting anything worthwhile during this dead period, I will punish you with conference realignment drivel.

The puppies over at the boneyard are all abuzz this week, expecting an imminent invitation for UConn to a Power 5 conference, with most expecting the BIG. This all started because one member posted that he had an "interesting conversation" with someone in-the-know at the UConn Spring Game (WTF! BTW! We can't even host a spring game let alone have interesting things happen there!) but that he was told that "nothing CAN be discussed further," or some such nonsense.

Interesting + CAN'T be discussed = Non-disclosure agreement signed.
Non-disclosure agreement = Imminent Invitation
UConn Hockey + UConn LAX going D1 = BIG

Swing on over and enjoy the reading. Should make it all the more enjoyable when the football program folds!

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/had-som ... ame.76060/

By the way, I love that they have a dedicated Conference Realignment Board. I really love that they created a thread dedicated to combing twitter for any news that might keep hope of realignment alive. I really,really love that they decided that they needed separate threads for "Key Tweets" and "Non-Key Tweets" to order the twitterati garbage. And I just get all tingly when I realize that the "Non-Key Tweets" thread is currently on Page 172 and is by far the most active thread on the site.

:whiteflag :bag :whiteflag :bag :whiteflag

By the way, need CONTENT! Longest off season ever!

p.s. Yes, I get the irony of posting this after all the pleasure I clearly got from my insane ACC-to-16-with-Conference-Playoff-Semis posts.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:21 pm

UConn lax will be defunct in 3 hours if it goes D1 in that conference.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium