Our Backfield

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Our Backfield

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I know many have been picking on the O Line/play-calling and deservedly so. Two questions: How is it that USF has a second string QB that is better than any QB we have had since Ryan? Second, where is Haden? All the buzz about this kid and nada. He was hurt last year so OK. What's the excuse now? Some talk about Harris and Haden as a 1-2 punch. Sorry, I don't see the 2nd half of that "punch"
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Our Backfield

Postby NJM89 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:59 pm

:elephant is whats killing him

He did well in the wake game, i'm waiting for him to bust out a big run hopefully this weekend.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:05 pm

I hope you are right. Nothing much except that big run off the pass against FSU last year which showed how hurt he was. He doesn't hit the hole (if any) with authority. Dances too much. Bicknell SR said he was the second coming of Troy Stradford. As of now, that statement is a joke. After Will Green, Stradford was the best rb we have ever had and when you add his pass catching ability-then even better than Green. Haden has been a disappointment so far. His brother is a MONSTER cornor for the Gators. Just shuts down the run and pass. He will be playing on Sundays. Josh will be watching at this point.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:38 pm

This is a little harsh. Josh Haden has talent and is a good athlete, but let's look at who's ahead of him. Harris is a pretty smart back with great vision. Good vision is arguably as important as good athleticism. Not to mention that Haden is a sophomore. Give him more of a chance. He had a very good game two weeks ago, and it's hard to get in rhythm when you're getting handoffs only 33% of the time. (Harris has most of the carries)
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:42 pm

He's a true sophomore after playing a full year hurt. Relax 81. :toby
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:57 pm

In my opinion, i really dont like how he is used in the offense. We constantly are always running dive plays right up the middle, i would rather have him being used in a bunch of draw, stretch, and sweep plays. If we still ran the same offense as we did last year with the option type runs, I think he would be putting up better numbers than he is now. We need to find ways to get him in open space and on the outside to see his speed come out.
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby 1981Eagle on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:06 pm

Agree w NJM that he is not being used well so that's on the coaches. Still he is underperforming. To think he was considering Florida to join his brother. He may play for us but he wouldn't make the Scout team down there based on his performance so far. He should be ecstatic BC offered him as a RB. I hope I am proved wrong but I see no greatness forthcoming. Thank God that Montel picked us late over Duke, otherwise, we would have a huge problem at RB.
GDF-Ever to the Bottom
1981Eagle
Merkert Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium