BC Athletes Need Your Support

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC Athletes Need Your Support

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:10 am

Former LB Frank Chamberlain '00 is fighting brain cancer

http://www.andykandfriends.org/donate-now.html

Former baseball captain and current director of baseball operations Pete Frates '07 is fighting ALS

http://petefrates.com

Perfect opportunities to divert Flynn Fund donations to worthy causes. I wish them both the best.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: BC Athletes Need Your Support

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:16 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Former baseball captain and current director of baseball operations Pete Frates '07 is fighting ALS

Perfect opportunities to divert Flynn Fund donations to worthy causes. I wish them both the best.

Frates through out the opening pitch at Fenway on Wednesday. I actually missed it, because I typically arrive at 7:08.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:25 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Frates through out the opening pitch at Fenway on Wednesday. I actually missed it, because I typically arrive at 7:08.

Gene D {l Wrote}: Since you're a BC fan I'm shocked you don't arrive at 7:30

____

But seriously both definitely deserve our support, ALS is absolutely brutal.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby nerd on Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:47 pm

This makes it even more offensive when GeneD hides behind the "mysterious illness" when firing someone without admitting to firing someone.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Great post. Chamberlain was a great player at BC, after switching over from FB IIRC, and had a good couple of years in the league too.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Whoa. I knew Frates' sister when I was at BC. Scary and sad.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:45 pm

Sadly, Frank passed away this morning.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Thoughts and prayers to the Chamberlin family. Frank paved the way for the Linebacker U that BC became. I'll never forget his presence on D in the early TOB years.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:18 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Thoughts and prayers to the Chamberlin family. Frank paved the way for the Linebacker U that BC became. I'll never forget his presence on D in the early TOB years.

Great player and will always be remembered for that huge tackle to end the Cuse game. Wasn't he recruited by He Who Shall not be named as a FB?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Logitano on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Thoughts and prayers to the Chamberlin family. Frank paved the way for the Linebacker U that BC became. I'll never forget his presence on D in the early TOB years.

Great player and will always be remembered for that huge tackle to end the Cuse game. Wasn't he recruited by He Who Shall not be named as a FB?

He was a DH recruit out of NJ. Since DH did not use a true FB, I think he was supposed to be a hybrid H-Back type. His game against SU in 1999 was just sick. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 pm

Logitano {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

He was a DH recruit out of NJ. Since DH did not use a true FB, I think he was supposed to be a hybrid H-Back type. His game against SU in 1999 was just sick. :ace

Right, not sure what I was thinking. That idiot moved Rupert english to DE.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:29 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The last tackle was his biggest one out of all 25 he had that day. 25 tackles in a game is absurd.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:05 am

In retrospect it was great to see him honored at half time of the Miami game last year. It allowed fans to recognize him and express their feelings toward him in front of his family - nice for his young daughters to have the memories of that expression of affection and respect towards their father.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:37 pm

They updated the website.
http://fightforfrank.org/
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby h2o on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:42 pm

h2o
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:04 pm

I'm sure you've all seen what's going on. Do your part at www.petefrates.com. We are BC.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:32 am

ATL had a good post about this and it deserves to be recognized.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2014/08/ic ... why-i.html
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:33 am

Pete Frates got Ethel Kennedy to dump a bucket of ice water over her head. Can't think of many folks who can say they've accomplished something similar. On an aside, he also got President Obama to pussy-out from doing something... which puts Pete on par with every world leader, David Axelrod, the Mayor of Chicago, every sitting member of Congress, Rush Limbaugh, some guy serving at a Cape Cod diner, etc.
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/o ... ml?ml=po_r
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:59 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Pete Frates got Ethel Kennedy to dump a bucket of ice water over her head. Can't think of many folks who can say they've accomplished something similar. On an aside, he also got President Obama to pussy-out from doing something... which puts Pete on par with every world leader, David Axelrod, the Mayor of Chicago, every sitting member of Congress, Rush Limbaugh, some guy serving at a Cape Cod diner, etc.

Thinking of the people he could have nominated had he dumped the water on his head... Biden, Boehner, David Cameron, Angela Merkel. But he probably would have just done Sasha, Malia, Michelle, and Bo.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Pete Frates got Ethel Kennedy to dump a bucket of ice water over her head. Can't think of many folks who can say they've accomplished something similar. On an aside, he also got President Obama to pussy-out from doing something... which puts Pete on par with every world leader, David Axelrod, the Mayor of Chicago, every sitting member of Congress, Rush Limbaugh, some guy serving at a Cape Cod diner, etc.

Thinking of the people he could have nominated had he dumped the water on his head... Biden, Boehner, David Cameron, Angela Merkel. But he probably would have just done Sasha, Malia, Michelle, and Bo.

but then he would have encouraged them to tap hillary, boehner, etc.
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Return to Alumni Stadium