What I know about Montel

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: What I know about Montel

Postby eagle216 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:51 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:Many claim they have never actually spoken to the man - that he only communicates to them through position coaches.

Since hansen is whining, I'll add some CONTENT here, although it's nothing new.

I've stated several times that one of my best friends from BC played under TOB. He says that he maybe spoke to him once or twice over the course of his 4 years. And this isn't a walk-on, he was a 3 year starter. Yet he claims that Spaz was one of the only (if not only, I can't remember) coaches on the staff that would ask him how he was and knew his serious girlfriend's name. It's obvious that Spaz thinks part of his duty as HC is to keep a buffer between himself and the players. How could he not? It's all he knows from mentoring the garment distributor. Probably can be traced back to Welsh.

If a girl grew up watching daddy beat mommy, she's likely to think that's how the relationship works. Putting it in this context leads me to believe that while Spaz is the passive voice to Gene's, that he does actually agree with how things are done - because it's really all he knows.

There are a lot of people in a lot of industries who believe this shit - that the chief can not associate with the indians. That its the asst chiefs that deal with the indians. But none of this would manner if Spaz knew how to coach, recruit and win. I highly doubt Saban is kickin it with the idiots (who can play football) on his team.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:Many claim they have never actually spoken to the man - that he only communicates to them through position coaches.

Since hansen is whining, I'll add some CONTENT here, although it's nothing new.

I've stated several times that one of my best friends from BC played under TOB. He says that he maybe spoke to him once or twice over the course of his 4 years. And this isn't a walk-on, he was a 3 year starter. Yet he claims that Spaz was one of the only (if not only, I can't remember) coaches on the staff that would ask him how he was and knew his serious girlfriend's name. It's obvious that Spaz thinks part of his duty as HC is to keep a buffer between himself and the players. How could he not? It's all he knows from mentoring the garment distributor. Probably can be traced back to Welsh.

If a girl grew up watching daddy beat mommy, she's likely to think that's how the relationship works. Putting it in this context leads me to believe that while Spaz is the passive voice to Gene's, that he does actually agree with how things are done - because it's really all he knows.

There are a lot of people in a lot of industries who believe this shit - that the chief can not associate with the indians. That its the asst chiefs that deal with the indians. But none of this would manner if Spaz knew how to coach, recruit and win. I highly doubt Saban is kickin it with the idiots (who can play football) on his team.

I agree, but there is a middle ground between kickin' it with the idiots and simply having some level of a relationship with them that most successful coaches and bosses find.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu May 03, 2012 2:39 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Sounds to me like he was getting some bad advice. He should have at least shown up for practice and team meetings whether he was willing to fully participate or not. Left himself open to this he had to know this was coming given GDF and spaz's track record.

A 22 year old college student at a Jesuit university left himself open to public attacks from a two adult men in positions of power over him who he had made money for? Whether or not it's true he left himself open, just think about that for a bit.

If he quit, he should have lost his scholarship. That was the deal, you get a scholarship for being on the football team. You're not on the football team, you don't get a scholarship and if you can get admitted, you have to pay just like the other non-scholarship students. Sucks but that is how it works.

Other than the fact that the rest of your post sucks. This isnt even factually correct. BC cant pull his scholarship mid-year if he quits - they could not give him a 5th year but once the school gives you the scholarship for the year its not conditioned on being on the team.

The rest is :suicide

On top of that - 94 equates transferring with quitting. Probably more so than kneeling out the last 3 quarters of a game, too.

The logic that his schollie should be pulled for the 2011-2012 school year even though he fulfilled his oblgiations for the 2011-2012 football season is also laughable.

9903 he is not even transferring - he is taking graduate courses at another institution after graduating BC (If someone has already covered this my apologies - I am responding mid thread)
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 03, 2012 2:41 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Sounds to me like he was getting some bad advice. He should have at least shown up for practice and team meetings whether he was willing to fully participate or not. Left himself open to this he had to know this was coming given GDF and spaz's track record.

A 22 year old college student at a Jesuit university left himself open to public attacks from a two adult men in positions of power over him who he had made money for? Whether or not it's true he left himself open, just think about that for a bit.

If he quit, he should have lost his scholarship. That was the deal, you get a scholarship for being on the football team. You're not on the football team, you don't get a scholarship and if you can get admitted, you have to pay just like the other non-scholarship students. Sucks but that is how it works.

Other than the fact that the rest of your post sucks. This isnt even factually correct. BC cant pull his scholarship mid-year if he quits - they could not give him a 5th year but once the school gives you the scholarship for the year its not conditioned on being on the team.

On top of that - 94 equates transferring with quitting. Probably more so than kneeling out the last 3 quarters of a game, too.

The logic that his schollie should be pulled for the 2011-2012 school year even though he fulfilled his oblgiations for the 2011-2012 football season is also laughable.

9903 he is not even transferring - he is taking graduate courses at another institution after graduating BC (If someone has already covered this my apologies - I am responding mid thread)

No..to..ri..o

You have quoted several posters but none is me. Thank you for the clarification regardless.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu May 03, 2012 2:43 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

No..to..ri..o

You have quoted several posters but none is me. Thank you for the clarification regardless.

Sorry my man -
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 03, 2012 3:00 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Transferring as in with remaining football eligibility as we all know that is more important than a degree. jerk.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 03, 2012 3:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Transferring as in with remaining football eligibility as we all know that is more important than a degree. jerk.

Well at the rate you're going I'm going to have to transfer my fist to your face.

For no real reason, the line just came to me and I wanted to use it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Thu May 03, 2012 3:10 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

The original poster said that Montel hadn't shown up for practices or team meetings so spaz kicked him off the team for quitting. I am not sure how I equated that to transferring.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 03, 2012 3:31 pm

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Gabelli10 {l Wrote}:
BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

The original poster said that Montel hadn't shown up for practices or team meetings so spaz kicked him off the team for quitting. I am not sure how I equated that to transferring.

Coward
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed May 30, 2012 8:00 pm

We need an update on this. In my opinion, the Montel situation is the most damning failure of the Spaziani administration.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 30, 2012 8:11 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:We need an update on this. In my opinion, the Montel situation is the most damning failure of the Spaziani administration.

The fact that we haven't gotten one by now has me concerned that Montel kissed the ring on his way out.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 30, 2012 8:29 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:We need an update on this. In my opinion, the Montel situation is the most damning failure of the Spaziani administration.

The fact that we haven't gotten one by now has me concerned that Montel kissed the ring on his way out.

Perhaps so, but his uncle chimed in on Ron Brace's comments the other day.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Montel wants to play in the NFL. Calling out Spaz & GDF won't help him.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Eagles97 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Did he graduate? Is he eligible to transfer to another school?
Eagles97
Carney Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Thu May 31, 2012 9:50 am

Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

He apparently did not graduate.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 31, 2012 10:32 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

WTF
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:12 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?

The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?

The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.

Does he need to graduate before he can transfer?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:25 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?

Probably does in order to do the Russel Wilson, no permission necessary no year out transfer.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ObserverCollege on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 am

Heh heh heh heh heh. While Montel and his uncle play checkers, Coach DeFilippo plays 3-dimensional chess.

Got to get that degree to go do a Russell Wilson, son. What's that? Don't got no degree? Then you don't got no football. Unless you'd like to try to make the NFL as an injury case who "couldn't practice" this spring :laugh

Game. Set. Match.
Shake down the Thunder!!!
ObserverCollege
Carney Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?

Probably does in order to do the Russel Wilson, no permission necessary no year out transfer.

Would hope if he has not graduated it is just a class or two that can be made up in summer school.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Eagles97 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Can anyone confirm this?

Would hope if he has not graduated it is just a class or two that can be made up in summer school.

That is what I was thinking. Does he now have to pay for the classes?
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:25 pm

FWIW, EaglegradCC said Montel did graduate.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Pahreen on Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:07 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.

2012 nerd here to clarify. The alumni section that you're referring to is most likely about the senior class gift. Slightly over 1,000 of the 2,200 BC 2012 graduates donated. Montel was not one of them and that's why he's not on that page. I didn't hold on to the commencement program, but I'm pretty sure he did graduate.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby eaglecaddy on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 am

Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.

2012 nerd here to clarify. The alumni section that you're referring to is most likely about the senior class gift. Slightly over 1,000 of the 2,200 BC 2012 graduates donated. Montel was not one of them and that's why he's not on that page. I didn't hold on to the commencement program, but I'm pretty sure he did graduate.

Unfortunately your 2012 nerd clarification is not even remotely close to what I was making reference to. If you go to bc.edu there is an alumni section for ALL Boston College graduates which you need to be an alum of Boston College to log onto. In this section there is a directory which has information on pretty much every person to receive a degree from BC who is currently alive such as William H. Cosby who received an honorary degree in 1996. The directory has now been updated with the information for the individuals from the class of 2012. Montel Harris is not listed. Dominick LeGrande is listed as receiving a degree from A&S in communications. On my end I am going by Montel not being listed for commencement and according to BC's own website he is not listed in the alumni directory as someone who has been given a degree and you have "I'm pretty sure he did graduate."
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Caddy,

I assume there is no Montel Jordan listed either.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:18 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:Caddy,

I did a search by first name just in case. Only one person has ever received a degree from BC with a similar name and that person spelled it "Montell".
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:47 pm

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:Caddy,

I did a search by first name just in case. Only one person has ever received a degree from BC with a similar name and that person spelled it "Montell".

Well he was always a :duchE :shrug
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:19 pm

So I guess that means there is still a chance for a reconciliation with BC.

basselope
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium