What I know about Montel

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

What I know about Montel

Postby ConcernedEagle on Wed May 02, 2012 2:33 pm

I was told in writing in Feb that Montel was leaving BC - he was tired of the fact that Spaz insisted on full contact practice even with players who were hurt and nicked up. At the time he made this decision he was in good standing with the program.

Since that time Montel has declined to participate in team drills, practices, meetings, etc. Since that time he has been discussing a Russell WIlson transfer with various schools, and has had offered from Rutgers, Temple, and a few other schools. Spaz has considered his absences to be "a violation of team rules", but he was willing to look them over b/c he wanted to get another year out of Montel. Some heard rumblings of a transfer, but no one gave it much credence since Montel 1) is dinged and 2) has always been a great representative of, and very publicly positive toward BC.

On Monday, Spaz caught word of the impending transfer, and decided to dismiss him for "repeated violations of team rules" in an attempt to publicly smear his image and in hopes of blocking what would be a very detrimental transfer.

So, in essence, Montel was dismissed for quitting.

I can also report that morale on this team is at an all-time low. Spaz has lost the locker room in a profound way. Those who I have spoken with characterize him as a tyrant to rules with fear and innuendo. Many claim they have never actually spoken to the man - that he only communicates to them through position coaches.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Re: What I know about Montel

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I was told in writing in Feb that Montel was leaving BC - he was tired of the fact that Spaz insisted on full contact practice even with players who were hurt and nicked up. At the time he made this decision he was in good standing with the program.

Since that time Montel has declined to participate in team drills, practices, meetings, etc. Since that time he has been discussing a Russell WIlson transfer with various schools, and has had offered from Rutgers, Temple, and a few other schools. Spaz has considered his absences to be "a violation of team rules", but he was willing to look them over b/c he wanted to get another year out of Montel. Some heard rumblings of a transfer, but no one gave it much credence since Montel 1) is dinged and 2) has always been a great representative of, and very publicly positive toward BC.

On Monday, Spaz caught word of the impending transfer, and decided to dismiss him for "repeated violations of team rules" in an attempt to publicly smear his image and in hopes of blocking what would be a very detrimental transfer.

I can also report that morale on this team is at an all-time low. Spaz has lost the locker room in a profound way. Those who I have spoken with characterize him as a tyrant to rules with fear and innuendo. Many claim they have never actually spoken to the man - that he only communicates to them through position coaches.

First, welcome and this is what many of us believe occurred. Can you tell us what do you mean by told in writing?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Wed May 02, 2012 2:43 pm

I mean I am in possession of an email stating in clear english that Montel will be transferring out of Boston College and will never play for BC again due to the way he has been treated by Frank Spaziani and that possible landing spots are Rutgers and Temple. Since I received that email, Spaziani has remarked in the media that, "we hope to get Montel back."

I firmly believe based on the evidence that the Boston College Athletic Department has acted in a manner in direct opposition to Jesuit and institutional philosophy and policy, and that the full intention here has been to slander Montel Harris. I believe this is provable.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed May 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Logitano told us all in writing back in October that Montel was leaving BC. Just saying.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby William S on Wed May 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Are you Talon?
William S
n00b

Postby HJS on Wed May 02, 2012 3:06 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I firmly believe based on the evidence that the Boston College Athletic Department has acted in a manner in direct opposition to Jesuit and institutional philosophy and policy, and that the full intention here has been to slander Montel Harris. I believe this is provable.

It's always nice to see the conversion of someone who hammered against me and most here on EO for telling "lies".

The actions against Montel are not remotely out of character as what has been happening FOR YEARS!!! It's just that you are now acknowledging how right we've been all the eff along.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 02, 2012 3:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I firmly believe based on the evidence that the Boston College Athletic Department has acted in a manner in direct opposition to Jesuit and institutional philosophy and policy, and that the full intention here has been to slander Montel Harris. I believe this is provable.

It's always nice to see the conversion of someone who hammered against me and most here on EO for telling "lies".

The actions against Montel are not remotely out of character as what has been happening FOR YEARS!!! It's just that you are now acknowledging how right we've been all the eff along.

Is concernedeagle an alias? Because otherwise this is like post 2 or something so I don't think they could have been hammering you for year?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Saveagle on Wed May 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Concerned Eagle=EagleGradCC?
Saveagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed May 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Saveagle {l Wrote}:Concerned Eagle=EagleGradCC?

this would hardly be shocking.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed May 02, 2012 3:19 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I was told in writing in Feb that Montel was leaving BC - he was tired of the fact that Spaz insisted on full contact practice even with players who were hurt and nicked up. At the time he made this decision he was in good standing with the program.

CONTENT!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 02, 2012 3:21 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Is concernedeagle an alias? Because otherwise this is like post 2 or something so I don't think they could have been hammering you for year?

Silly 9903. No matter what the story is, it's always ultimately about HJS.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I was told in writing in Feb that Montel was leaving BC...

This was around when I heard about it as well

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I can also report that morale on this team is at an all-time low. Spaz has lost the locker room in a profound way....

Don't know if it was lower than it was during the season but it was comically low last season.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby mod6A on Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

i am confused. is HJS going 10 and 2 or is he transferring to rutgers?
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 02, 2012 3:33 pm

mod6A {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

i am confused. is HJS going 10 and 2 or is he transferring to rutgers?

Yes.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Wed May 02, 2012 3:57 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I mean I am in possession of an email stating in clear english that Montel will be transferring out of Boston College and will never play for BC again due to the way he has been treated by Frank Spaziani and that possible landing spots are Rutgers and Temple. Since I received that email, Spaziani has remarked in the media that, "we hope to get Montel back."

I firmly believe based on the evidence that the Boston College Athletic Department has acted in a manner in direct opposition to Jesuit and institutional philosophy and policy, and that the full intention here has been to slander Montel Harris. I believe this is provable.

I knew Fr. Leahy would not be able to stay away from this Board forever. Welcome. Now please do soemthing about this monstrosity of a football program!
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/ncaa/wires/04/29/2060.ap.fbc.penn.state.o.brien.0165/index.html

So Bill O'Brien is out on an 18 stop caravan to see alumni and fans while our "leaders" are busy slandering the schools all time leading rusher. If what HJS said about O'Brien was true, and I honestly suspect their is some validity to it, then it just makes me even more sick to my stomach.

Just out of curiosity, ConcernedEagle, do you/did you have some role within the ath dept which gave you access to such an email ?? Obv no reason to be specific (yes or no) but just wondering. Not that I doubt your information as many of us saw this coming months ago and any blind person can see that morale is low and the players are just going thru the motions.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Thu May 03, 2012 12:08 am

I'm not employed by BC Athletics, nor was I when I received this message.

I will say that I am willing to provide proof of the chronology of events as I know them to any reliable media source who is known for maintaining confidential sources. I have contacted some media sources personally, and have not yet heard back. I guess part of the reward for mediocrity is also anonymity and a protective cloak of media disinterest. The chronology as I know it is this:

1) Montel decided to quit the BC football team and transfer out in "mid" Feb. because Frank Spaziani expected him to practice full speed, full contact, as if he were a healthy frosh coming off his redshirt year, rather than an immaculately groomed, experienced, and decorated former ACC POY and fifth year senior. Christian Suntrup can get protection and Montel Harris cannot?

2) Frank Spaziani became extremely upset/irate that Montel shut himself down, and believed this was not due to an injury and ragged on him to the team and members of the staff throughout spring ball, though Montel was not present.

3) Spaziani was tolerating this so long as he expected Montel would be back, and thus continued to publicly speak favorably toward him for the duration of spring ball.

4) May 1 Spaziani heard that Montel had spoken with Temple and Rutgers about a Russell Wilson transfer.

5) Frank Spaziani, feeling burned, decided to dismiss Montel from the team due to repeated violations. The violations, of course, were that he was absent, which was because he quit.

People on message boards and in comments sections of other sites have stated they have "proof" that Montel tested positive for drugs. I believe Frank Spaziani and Boston College have a legal and moral obligation to set the record, at least on that issue, dead straight.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Thu May 03, 2012 6:17 am

Why didn't Montel quit officially instead of leaving himself at the mercy of Flip and Spaz? Was he cleared for full contact practice?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu May 03, 2012 6:34 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Why didn't Montel quit officially instead of leaving himself at the mercy of Flip and Spaz? Was he cleared for full contact practice?

If he quits, then doesn't he run the risk of losing his scholarship and would have to pay for the last semester of school?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu May 03, 2012 7:13 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Why didn't Montel quit officially instead of leaving himself at the mercy of Flip and Spaz? Was he cleared for full contact practice?

My guess is that he was keeping his options open. Why would he play his hand early when the worst that Gene and Spaz could do was the lame ass attempt to smear him in the press? Good for Montel.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 03, 2012 7:23 am

Needs his degree for the Russell Wilson rule
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCFAN94 on Thu May 03, 2012 7:25 am

Sounds to me like he was getting some bad advice. He should have at least shown up for practice and team meetings whether he was willing to fully participate or not. Left himself open to this he had to know this was coming given GDF and spaz's track record.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu May 03, 2012 7:47 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Sounds to me like he was getting some bad advice. He should have at least shown up for practice and team meetings whether he was willing to fully participate or not. Left himself open to this he had to know this was coming given GDF and spaz's track record.

This. Poorly handled by all sides, which unfortunately seems to be a recurring theme with the football program these days. In that situation, most reasonable people know a change in leadership is necessary.

That being said, 94 is still an awful poster.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 03, 2012 7:54 am

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I'm not employed by BC Athletics, nor was I when I received this message.

I will say that I am willing to provide proof of the chronology of events as I know them to any reliable media source who is known for maintaining confidential sources. I have contacted some media sources personally, and have not yet heard back. I guess part of the reward for mediocrity is also anonymity and a protective cloak of media disinterest. The chronology as I know it is this:

5) Frank Spaziani, feeling burned, decided to dismiss Montel from the team due to repeated violations. The violations, of course, were that he was absent, which was because he quit.

People on message boards and in comments sections of other sites have stated they have "proof" that Montel tested positive for drugs. I believe Frank Spaziani and Boston College have a legal and moral obligation to set the record, at least on that issue, dead straight.

Spaz couldn't dismiss MH without GDF's blessing.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:15 am

BCFAN94 {l Wrote}:Sounds to me like he was getting some bad advice. He should have at least shown up for practice and team meetings whether he was willing to fully participate or not. Left himself open to this he had to know this was coming given GDF and spaz's track record.

So let's say everything concernedeagle posted is correct and Spaz is badmouthing Montel to his teammates and the assistant coaches. You are suggesting that the Montel should have just kept showing up everyday and just take that hostility for months at a time?

Despite the terribleness of GDF and Spaz I don't think he should be expected to make decisions based on their awfulness and at the very least he should not be criticized by the universally declared worst poster on all BC message boards for his decisions.

I don't think he received "bad advice" unless this ends up biting him in the ass by preventing a transfer or affects his professional aspirations, which is all unclear right now. This still could get resolved.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu May 03, 2012 8:33 am

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I'm not employed by BC Athletics, nor was I when I received this message.

Cue argument about whether blogboy is a journalist.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BC '00 on Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

So let's say everything concernedeagle posted is correct and Spaz is badmouthing Montel to his teammates and the assistant coaches. You are suggesting that the Montel should have just kept showing up everyday and just take that hostility for months at a time?

Despite the terribleness of GDF and Spaz I don't think he should be expected to make decisions based on their awfulness and at the very least he should not be criticized by the universally declared worst poster on all BC message boards for his decisions.

I don't think he received "bad advice" unless this ends up biting him in the ass by preventing a transfer or affects his professional aspirations, which is all unclear right now. This still could get resolved.

BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu May 03, 2012 9:14 am

What I know about Montell is he's kind of buzzed and its all because...
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:16 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:What I know about Montell is he's kind of buzzed and its all because...

Furthermore, he's gotta get his in a big black truck. You can get yours in a '64
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 03, 2012 9:17 am

As not at all an aside, Montel Jordan is a weird looking dude.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium