Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Postby AdamBC on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Was chatting with a football player today, who said that the coaching staff did not have their heart in the VT game. (Surprised?) Said that the pre-game speech had no fire and it seemed as though the staff had given up before taking the field. Also was really pissed they didn't run alot of play action to throw off VT - they kept running pretty set plays. On the other hand, they're working their ass off for the NC State game.

Seems we have a hen on our hands - lose the 'big' games, but win enough otherwise to keep the 'fanbase' happy.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Re: Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

Postby angrychicken on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:01 pm

wow
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 pm

TOB didn't even win all the games he should have. At least Spaz has done that. If Ginger had beaten Syracuse and UNC, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

C'mon. This is the week before the Hen. It's about time to start focusing on him and not our own shortcomings.

:toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby

:74
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:Was chatting with a football player today, who said that the coaching staff did not have their heart in the VT game. (Surprised?) Said that the pre-game speech had no fire and it seemed as though the staff had given up before taking the field. Also was really pissed they didn't run alot of play action to throw off VT - they kept running pretty set plays. On the other hand, they're working their ass off for the NC State game.

Seems we have a hen on our hands - lose the 'big' games, but win enough otherwise to keep the 'fanbase' happy.

Farrell says that nothing you wrote is true... in fact it is quite the opposite.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby hawaiirob on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:13 pm

I understand there was a players only meeting. Why do players hold players only meetings?

One thought is that the players want to call each other out away from the coaches who hand out the PT.

Another reason is simply to bitch out the coaches and solidify an "us vs them" mentality. If the players don't believe the coaches are putting them in position to win, them damnit they'll do it themselves. I reckon this mentality is what is brewing. What happened at VTech with the substitutions, etc, reaked of a potential player mutiny of sorts.
hawaiirob
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:17 pm

That throw away the VT game strategy and philosophy and then the pulling of the first string was pure bullshit....and will always backfire in sports and life.

I think NCSU kills BC because of that and our trigger finger is hurt.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:18 pm

:bag

I hope the kids can rally themselves.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:19 pm

FIRE GREASY GENE

:bag :bag :bag
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby billyshelby on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Mutiny would be awesome.
billyshelby
McGuinn Hall

Postby talon on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:TOB didn't even win all the games he should have. At least Spaz has done that.

Granted, BC wasn't favored against Clemson, but they're not really that great this year.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:28 pm

^^^ what he said.

bignick33 {l Wrote}:TOB didn't even win all the games he should have. At least Spaz has done that.

Spaz should have beat Clemson, or at least put up more of a fight.
Last edited by AdamBC on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:29 pm

billyshelby {l Wrote}:Mutiny would be awesome.

How about a smaller version of this as a smiley:

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:30 pm

I've heard similar things from more than one.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Fuck Kilmer. Lance Harbor can coach.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:^^^ what he said.

Spaz should have beat Clemson, or at least put up more of a fight.

Disagree. Our O-Line isn't strong this year. Arguably it's Spaz's fault, although a lot of it has do with the repeated changes to O-line coaching schemes. Regardless, we'd get whipped by Clemson upfront six times a week and twice on Sunday. It's a poor matchup, even though they'll probably go 4-4. But I was frightened by the way it happened, just like I was on Saturday.

I think every game for the rest of the year is at worst a very winnable game. Less than 5-3 will be a major disappointment, and I've been saying this since day 1, unlike others who predicted 1-7 or 0-8 (74?). 5-3 is break-even point for this particular team with remaining schedule, and ultimate margin against V-Tech and CU won't matter. Next year's break-even point will be higher.

Fuck I sound like a Merryman. Whatever. I'm officially over V-Tech. It's Wednesday night of :toby week. It's time to hunt hen.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:40 pm

I love it when EA posters spend the better part of 2 days bashing ATL and EO for rumor-mongoring and slander. And then, a day late and dollar short, pretty much come around to the fact the Spaz has already lost this team. Yet... when one of them says it... it is a effing gospel truth.

They all stink. Their incompetence as fans is what makes Geno's failings as an AD go unchallenged. Geno effed this program for the next 5 years. No way around it. He is college's Al Davis... and not the Al Davis from the 60s, 70s and 80s. We are talking the shuffling, bathrobe and slippers-wearing Al Davis... the one who drafts Darius Heyward-Bey in the Top Ten and uses the first overall pick on Jamarcus Russell and DOESN'T sign him. Geno is the Al Davis trading Randy Moss for 5th rounders, Ron Brace for Mike Mitchell, a first rounder for DeAngelo Hall (and then cuts him 6 games in), future first rounders for a washed up Seymour AND gives the richest WR contract to Javon Walker (who has played in 3 games in 2 years) and the richest DLineman contract to an undrafted player named Tommy Kelly. Al Davis at least has the excuse that he is old and senile. Geno's only excuses are (a) he is Italian, (b) he is short and (c) really, REALLY bad at his job.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:I love it when EA posters spend the better part of 2 days bashing ATL and EO for rumor-mongoring and slander. And then, a day late and dollar short, pretty much come around to the fact the Spaz has already lost this team. Yet... when one of them says it... it is a effing gospel truth.

Are you calling me an EA merryman? If so I will fight you behind More Hall (or the Applebees, your choice).

:boxer
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:59 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:I love it when EA posters spend the better part of 2 days bashing ATL and EO for rumor-mongoring and slander. And then, a day late and dollar short, pretty much come around to the fact the Spaz has already lost this team. Yet... when one of them says it... it is a effing gospel truth.

Are you calling me an EA merryman? If so I will fight you behind More Hall (or the Applebees, your choice).

No.. sorry... wasn't referring to you. I'm hearing that there are some EA threads where posters are now coming around to the players and coaches issuing a vote of no confidence for Spaz. I called it last Friday, we are in the throes of a 3-game losing streak. Probably the worst such streak in decades given that all 3 will be coming against teams that to some extent are considered our rivals.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:

No.. sorry... wasn't referring to you. I'm hearing that there are some EA threads where posters are now coming around to the players and coaches issuing a vote of no confidence for Spaz. I called it last Friday, we are in the throes of a 3-game losing streak. Probably the worst such streak in decades given that all 3 will be coming against teams that to some extent are considered our rivals.

you also called a loss to Northeastern and Kent State.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:31 pm

Did EA confirm the players only meeting?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Did EA confirm the players only meeting?

There was an article about with quotes. They did not try to hide it, although it's my understanding that the coaches didn't initially know that it happened.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!111!!!!

:whiteflag
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:49 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}: They did not try to hide it, although it's my understanding that the coaches didn't initially know that it happened.

Was it during nap time?
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:50 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}: They did not try to hide it, although it's my understanding that the coaches didn't initially know that it happened.

Was it during nap time?

It is my understanding that it was.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:55 am

The best is that the Legend is now posting cryptic "the wheels are coming off" threads
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:03 am

9 goes away and the whole god damn place goes to shit.

Exceue me...were some of you defending Spaz and his Magic Blitz's and no Hail Marys and arguing tooth and nail with me that I always said he was a fucking jerk and a mediocre Coach?

WTF are you now...3 freshman Qb's recieved no pressure....6 Hail Mary's and 3 drops....SPAZ IS A low level Coach and all road point to....

GDF--HE MADE A DISASTER LEVEL BLUNDER....Still posted on the Heights and here.....too bad the Insiders doesn't have the names of all those who defended GDF and Spazoo.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Jagerdzinski Bomb on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:SPAZ IS A low level Coach

Didn't you predict 2 wins?

I still miss Jags.
And Lane Stadium Goes Silent

Jagerdzinski Bomb
n00b

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:27 am

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:41 am

Jagerdzinski Bomb {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:SPAZ IS A low level Coach

Didn't you predict 2 wins?

I still miss Jags.

3-9 with 2 different scores on each Season predictionone a final revised one-----is is under the Spaz Record thread.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:TOB didn't even win all the games he should have. At least Spaz has done that. If Ginger had beaten Syracuse and UNC, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

C'mon. This is the week before the Hen. It's about time to start focusing on him and not our own shortcomings.

:toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :toby :

:74

..what about clemson. 6 games in and Spaz already laid an egg bigger than anything that ever came out of TOBy. I contend that Spaz is worst. Yes the playcalling and the passion sucked just as much, but I honestly thought the players were better prepared for the game
joemack13
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium