Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Renewing my Browns Tickets today

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The Browns offensive line looks good on paper. If the Pats continue to demand a king's ransom for Garopollo, I think the Browns should roll the dice on Trubisky. A young QB would have the opportunity to develop behind an O-line that good.

Schefter said this morning that the Pats aren't demanding anything for Garrapolo. Quoted a high ranking official: "The Browns do know we aren't trading him, right? Not even for four #1s"

I find this to be stupid, and I doubt the validity, but that's the word.

Yes, that is odd. And Schefter has reached the point of taking personal offense to anyone who insinuates that Garrapolo is on the block.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:51 am

Unless the Pats have decided they will part ties with Brady after the season, which I doubt, they should trade him now.

That said, this is a shitty draft for QBs, and if you wait until next season to draft one, you may not be ready when Brady drops off.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:20 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Unless the Pats have decided they will part ties with Brady after the season, which I doubt, they should trade him now.

That said, this is a shitty draft for QBs, and if you wait until next season to draft one, you may not be ready when Brady drops off.

The Pats treatment of Garopolo reminds me of every Yankees prospect ever. The more they are talked about them, the less they have a future with the organization. Just hoping some crappy team sends their best asset to build around a guy they know is thoroughly flawed.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:26 pm

So the Browns essentially paid $16M for a late second round pick. Really? With over $100M in cap space I guess they have money to burn. Maybe they plan on using Osweiler for a season or two while the QB they draft stands on the sideline with a clipboard. Better to get Brock killed than the high priced rookie. If the Bears are willing to give Glennon $15M per year maybe this is the price for shitty QBs these days.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:28 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Unless the Pats have decided they will part ties with Brady after the season, which I doubt, they should trade him now.

The Pats treatment of Garopolo reminds me of every Yankees prospect ever. The more they are talked about them, the less they have a future with the organization. Just hoping some crappy team sends their best asset to build around a guy they know is thoroughly flawed.

It's different in baseball, many more guys are complete misses.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I can't believe HJS's raiders stole EJ Manuel away from the Bills. Some say he could be the next Jamarcus Russell.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:23 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I can't believe HJS's raiders stole EJ Manuel away from the Bills. Some say he could be the next Jamarcus Russell.

Manuel just is being asked to be the next Matt McGloin. He's about $20mm a season away from being the next JRuss. And, besides, he didn't cost a first round pick. Well... he didn't cost the Raiders a first rounder.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:I can't believe HJS's raiders stole EJ Manuel away from the Bills. Some say he could be the next Jamarcus Russell.

Manuel just is being asked to be the next Matt McGloin. He's about $20mm a season away from being the next JRuss. And, besides, he didn't cost a first round pick. Well... he didn't cost the Raiders a first rounder.

:whammy
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:10 pm

The Raiders just got approved to move to Las Vegas. I don't think the gambling will be a problem, but It can get pretty hot there in August for preseason games, practices, etc. Heck, just sitting in the stands in 110 degree heat will be a challenge.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:24 pm

If only there were ways for teams to account for that in 21st century stadium design.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:30 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:If only there were ways for teams to account for that in 21st century stadium design.

Is there a big enough reservoir in Vegas to build a retractable dome stadium ontop thereof?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:36 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:If only there were ways for teams to account for that in 21st century stadium design.

I don't know, that glass ceiling looks an awful lot like a magnifying glass....

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:02 pm

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Bullshit. The browns on their brownsiest day would beat the shit out of alabama on their alabamaiest day. It wouldn't be close.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Bullshit. The browns on their brownsiest day would beat the shit out of alabama on their alabamaiest day. It wouldn't be close.

....said similar things back in the day when they had the College All Stars games.
The College All Stars went 9-31 against the SB champ.

So what level of All star College team would they need to put together to beat the worst of the NFL?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:23 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

....said similar things back in the day when they had the College All Stars games.

So what level of All star College team would they need to put together to beat the worst of the NFL?

Different era. NFL offensive lines would give the QB eons to throw. Back then, lines were small and the game was run dominant.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:58 am

Figure this belongs here - Batteries throwing mentioned on another thread

Oct 1st 1989 Cleveland Stadium Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos.

Denver is backed up in the Dog Pound endzone where the Fans are pelting Elway and the Bronco’s offensive players with milkbone biscuits and D-Cell batteries people are pulling out of their radios.
It got so bad, the refs made the team switch ends and gave Cleveland a 15 yard penalty. Not sure if that has happened much...

August 2004 Canton Ohio Pro Football HOF weekend

Elway was being inducted into the HOF that year & my best friend & brother in law Mike Mcdonald was a Deputy sheriff assigned as Elway’s security for the weekend.
Mike introduced himself to Elway and said “I will be your security officer for the weekend”
Elway shook his hand and replied “Excellent, are you a Bronco’s Fan?”
To which Mike reply by pulling 2 batteries out of his pocket to showed him & leaned over and whispered: “WOOF WOOF”
Elway busted a gut laughing. He played that up a lot during the weekend events.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:39 pm

basselope {l Wrote}: my best friend & brother in law Mike Mcdonald...

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:24 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Different era. NFL offensive lines would give the QB eons to throw. Back then, lines were small and the game was run dominant.

This implies the Browns actually have a NFL QB.
The best QB on the Browns roster right now lost to BC in 2014.

Should have used red font on my original, but after watching this shitshow for decades,one starts to think something like this is not that unlikely....
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:40 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

Should have used red font on my original, but after watching this shitshow for decades,one starts to think something like this is not that unlikely....

Who is the best Browns QB (in your lifetime). Curious. Sipe? Kosar? I say those two are the same quarterback, but I say that from afar.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:37 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

i

Who is the best Browns QB (in your lifetime). Curious. Sipe? Kosar? I say those two are the same quarterback, but I say that from afar.

Best ever was Otto Graham and it's not even close.
In my lifetime? Agree with you Sipe and Kosar would be equals.

The level of Brown's sucktitude is apparent when the 2 best QB's of my lifetime are both only .500 & never really won a championship, and Canton is not in their future.
The best QB since they returned in 1999, Tim Couch or Kelly Holcomb. :81

Oh well, the draft is just around the corner and we get to hear this shit again.

http://www.cleveland19.com/clip/13213078/deciphering-the-nfl-draft-and-the-stupid-clichs-that-go-with-it
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:58 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

i

The level of Brown's sucktitude is apparent when the 2 best QB's of my lifetime are both only .500 & never really won a championship, and Canton is not in their future.

Oh well, the draft is just around the corner and we get to hear this shit again.

http://www.cleveland19.com/clip/13213078/deciphering-the-nfl-draft-and-the-stupid-clichs-that-go-with-it

Basselope, I can't think of any songs written about Brian fucking Sipe...
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:11 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

i

Close....

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:45 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:

i

Close....

Nothing could be finer than a run by Ernest Byner and a big Kevin Mack attack.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:35 pm

If any of you invest in Real Estate,
My neighbor is selling his house for way below market price.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:32 pm

So.... Adam Schefter is reporting that the Browns are struggling to decide between a once-a-generation pass-rusher in Garrett or a third round talent in Trubinsky.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story ... -no-1-pick
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:10 am

they need to find a way to keep talking about the draft for 2 more weeks
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Congrats to bass for not taking Cade McNown with the 1st overall pick. :seanwilliams
Now, just try to avoid him with the 12th.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:00 pm

Fucking outstanding!
I get to fill 2 squares of my Browns Bingo Card with just 1 practice play as #1 pick Myles Garrett goes down with an injury.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/23187/myles-garretts-injury-is-just-one-more-head-desk-moment-for-browns-fans

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:38 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:Fucking outstanding!
I get to fill 2 squares of my Browns Bingo Card with just 1 practice play as #1 pick Myles Garrett goes down with an injury.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/23187/myles-garretts-injury-is-just-one-more-head-desk-moment-for-browns-fans

Is “QB Jersey featured to show off new name” the jersey hanging in that shop window with all the starting QBs? I really miss seeing that updated!
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium