2012 BC Football

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2012 BC Football

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:28 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:I won't be up for spring game, but will prolly be up for business in May. I'll hit you up if you want to go crush a few. Nick is buying...
BTW, hearing some very nice things about Martin and the Offense playbook so I am a little more bullish than most on what we can do this fall.

Not for nothing but didn't we hear the same "positive" news about Rogers and the offensive playbook last year? How did that turn out? Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it.

In fairness, we didn't get much of a chance to see what Rogers could do (given Spaz's penchant to tattoo his MPC Computers Bowl ring on the jaw of his OCs).

Thought it looked pretty good in the Northwestern game.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:41 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:I won't be up for spring game, but will prolly be up for business in May. I'll hit you up if you want to go crush a few. Nick is buying...
BTW, hearing some very nice things about Martin and the Offense playbook so I am a little more bullish than most on what we can do this fall.

Not for nothing but didn't we hear the same "positive" news about Rogers and the offensive playbook last year? How did that turn out? Sorry but I'll believe it when I see it.

In fairness, we didn't get much of a chance to see what Rogers could do (given Spaz's penchant to tattoo his MPC Computers Bowl ring on the jaw of his OCs).

Me too but, (1) NW's D was terrible; (b) we only scores 17 points.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:51 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

This
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:38 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Me too but, (1) NW's D was terrible; (b) we only scores 17 points.

Yeah... but that was 17 points against a Northwestern team on its way to winning the Big Ten and going to their first Rose Bowl since Pat Fitzgerald was playing.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:46 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Fair enough Caddy….
While I do agree with those that say we did not get a fair look at Rogers, I am much higher on Martin for another reason entirely.

IMO, the key to success for a Football team is attitude and attitude starts with the Coaches. BC can obviously benefit from an infusion of attitude.
Now I am not saying Martin is the next Jim Harbaugh, but he understands the importance of attitude and definitely increases those qualities in our program.

The attitude of a coach is clear to a player in how he speaks and the plays he calls. In every interview Coach Martin gives, you can see him mentions things like attitude, attacking, confidence, swagger, you win with people, believe in the systems, put your ego aside, etc. I am like Hell Yeah!!! This is what you want to hear from a football coach. I don't recall seeing these things mentions very often by a BC coach in the 2 years I have been following the team.

Winning in Football is a simple GD equation:

"Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude."
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:51 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Fair enough Caddy….
While I do agree with those that say we did not get a fair look at Rogers, I am much higher on Martin for another reason entirely.

IMO, the key to success for a Football team is attitude and attitude starts with the Coaches. BC can obviously benefit from an infusion of attitude.
Now I am not saying Martin is the next Jim Harbaugh, but he understands the importance of attitude and definitely increases those qualities in our program.

The attitude of a coach is clear to a player in how he speaks and the plays he calls. In every interview Coach Martin gives, you can see him mentions things like attitude, attacking, confidence, swagger, you win with people, believe in the systems, put your ego aside, etc. I am like Hell Yeah!!! This is what you want to hear from a football coach. I don't recall seeing these things mentions very often by a BC coach in the 2 years I have been following the team.

Winning in Football is a simple GD equation:

"Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude."

I am excited about Martin too. I was encouraged when he remarked that the system he runs at BC will be the best system for the personnel that he is given. i always think that is a sign of a competent coach. now if I could only find out if Martin is capable of taking a good right cross to the mouth... :)

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

From today: Gallik is back with the 1st team at OC, White at RG and Williams at LG.
Miller is having problems with his knee.
Ramsey, Pantale, Noel & Cleary captains.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:42 pm

Where is Vardaro (LG) as he is the best OL on that team?
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Where is Vardaro (LG) as he is the best OL on that team?

With the 2nd team OL.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:17 pm

Anyone know any of the details re Pantele"s foot injury?

The other scholarship TEs are: Naples (Jr.), Darmstatter (So), Giacone (Fr),Crimmins (Fr). Miller who is a WR/TE is having problems with the knee he injured in highschool. Naples played a little last year, but I don't remember Darmstater playing at all (his bio says he played in one game).
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby erichroberts23 on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:44 am

I truly like to see the enthusiasm among everyone when it comes to OC Doug Martin. These coaches that have a history of scoring points usually do not disappoint. Like former Oklahoma State OC who went to West Virginia last year and just kept putting up numbers. First off, what Doug Martin did with Julian Edelman was just incredible. Julian has always been a terrific athlete since his days at Woodside high school where he led his team to a perfect 13-0 season and put up good numbers but I can not even find one recruiting report on him until he spent 1 year at the college of San Mateo and then received 2stars and committed to Kent State. Julian Edelman spent three years under the tutelage of Doug Martin and threw for 4,497 yards and ran for 2,483 yards; and had a total of 52 touchdowns. In 2003, as OC/QB's coach and in 2004 as head coach for Kent State Doug Martin helped Josh Cribbs have his best 2yrs in college. Josh Cribbs only threw for 2,530yds with 14tds and 19ints; in 2yrs without Doug Martin and in the two years under coach Doug Martin Josh Cribbs threw for 4,639 yards with 31tds and only 15ints. In 2011, at New Mexico State Doug Martin led the 26th ranked passing attack in the country. They had 3,550 passing yards with 24tds and 14ints. Martin did this with 3 different quarterbacks having to play. Some pessimists say that New Mexico State plays in the WAC and there was no defense but Coach Martin did not have the talent that he has at Boston College and NMSU played Georgia,Byu,Minnesota,Ohio and UTEP in non-conference games. Doug Martin has a great track record for putting up points and his quarterbacks have had great seasons. He has been a better offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach than a head coach but that fares well for BC as he is the OC/QB coach for BC; this gives him more 1-1 time with Chase Rettig and the other quarterbacks and the rest of the offense. I might have left out other quarterbacks that flourished under Martin but I tried to keep this brief and keep the Doug Martin optimism in full affect.
erichroberts23
n00b

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:32 am

Reports from practice on TOS that Rudolph is back. Also, Appiaha, Kimble, Ramsey & Miller missed practice with injuries. B Davis moved to DT.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:49 am

DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:11 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Bowen to TE: http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/f ... e_in_foot/

“Early in the year, nobody knows who’s any good,” Spaziani said. “It takes five, six, seven games before things start to settle out."

:bag
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:16 pm

erichroberts23 {l Wrote}:I truly like to see the enthusiasm among everyone when it comes to OC Doug Martin. These coaches that have a history of scoring points usually do not disappoint. Like former Oklahoma State OC who went to West Virginia last year and just kept putting up numbers. First off, what Doug Martin did with Julian Edelman was just incredible. Julian has always been a terrific athlete since his days at Woodside high school where he led his team to a perfect 13-0 season and put up good numbers but I can not even find one recruiting report on him until he spent 1 year at the college of San Mateo and then received 2stars and committed to Kent State. Julian Edelman spent three years under the tutelage of Doug Martin and threw for 4,497 yards and ran for 2,483 yards; and had a total of 52 touchdowns. In 2003, as OC/QB's coach and in 2004 as head coach for Kent State Doug Martin helped Josh Cribbs have his best 2yrs in college. Josh Cribbs only threw for 2,530yds with 14tds and 19ints; in 2yrs without Doug Martin and in the two years under coach Doug Martin Josh Cribbs threw for 4,639 yards with 31tds and only 15ints. In 2011, at New Mexico State Doug Martin led the 26th ranked passing attack in the country. They had 3,550 passing yards with 24tds and 14ints. Martin did this with 3 different quarterbacks having to play. Some pessimists say that New Mexico State plays in the WAC and there was no defense but Coach Martin did not have the talent that he has at Boston College and NMSU played Georgia,Byu,Minnesota,Ohio and UTEP in non-conference games. Doug Martin has a great track record for putting up points and his quarterbacks have had great seasons. He has been a better offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach than a head coach but that fares well for BC as he is the OC/QB coach for BC; this gives him more 1-1 time with Chase Rettig and the other quarterbacks and the rest of the offense. I might have left out other quarterbacks that flourished under Martin but I tried to keep this brief and keep the Doug Martin optimism in full affect.

Why do you hate the return key so much? :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Reports from practice on TOS that Rudolph is back. Also, Appiaha, Kimble, Ramsey & Miller missed practice with injuries. B Davis moved to DT.

Ramsey played yesterday, Kimble did not.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:05 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Reports from practice on TOS that Rudolph is back. Also, Appiaha, Kimble, Ramsey & Miller missed practice with injuries. B Davis moved to DT.

Ramsey played yesterday, Kimble did not.

From the BC release in re: to scrimmage, it sounded like the DL was very active in the backfield, which could mean having a lot of guys back from injury last year has made the DL much better, or, Rettig is going to get his head pounded in again b/c the OL is still a mess.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:56 am

From TOS:
The backs were a little shorthanded in this scrimmage. Tahj Kimble suited up and warmed up with the team, but was held out for precautionary reasons.

"Tahj (Kimble) bruised his leg last week and it flared up again," said Frank Spaziani.

Also, Vardaro is with the first team Oline and Williams with the 2nd.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:02 am

Herald Article, they've been destorying the globe in CONTENT!

http://bostonherald.com/sports/college/football/view.bg?articleid=1061153503&srvc=sports&position=4

BC ’backers follow in line
St. Xavier adds 2 more
By Rich Thompson
Thursday, August 16, 2012 - Added 3 hours ago

Francis Xavier was a Jesuit missionary from Spain who spread the doctrines of Christianity to the far reaches of Asia in the Renaissance.

Five centuries later, St. Xavier became the patron saint of Boston College middle linebackers.

Sean Duggan and Steven Daniels began their football resumes at St. Xavier High School in Cincinnati, the same parochial institution that produced two-time All-American Luke Kuechly.

“It just kind of worked out that way that we came to Boston College after Luke,” said Duggan. “Playing with Luke last year was a great experience and you could learn a lot just being around him in game and practice.”

After bypassing his senior year, Kuechly — the most decorated defensive player in BC history — was taken ninth overall by the Carolina Panthers in last April’s NFL draft. Kuechly, Duggan and Daniels are unique in that they all play the same position, but they are just the latest round from St. Xavier to gravitate to Chestnut Hill.

Former BC and current North Carolina State coach Tom O’Brien is a St. Xavier alum who installed the pipeline. Prior to Kuechly, the Eagles recruited St. Xavier products Alex Albright (DE, 2006-10), Nick Larkin (DL, 2004-07), Pat Ross (C, 2003-05) and John Richardson (OL, 1999-01).

“It is definitely great to be a part of a tradition like that,” said Duggan, who practiced with the Eagles first defensive unit on Sunday and in last night’s intrasquad scrimmage at Alumni Stadium.

If Duggan can maintain what he established in the spring through training camp, he will be calling the defensive signals when the Eagles open the season against the Miami Hurricanes on Sept. 1 at Alumni Stadium.

Duggan played both offense and defense at St. Xavier, but learned the nuances of middle linebacker by studying hours of film with Kuechly and moved to the top of the depth chart with a workable knowledge of his duties in the middle of the Eagles defense.

“Every play we have to set the front, set the blitz and kind of make sure every one is in the right spot,” said Duggan. “We are kind of the vocal presence every single play, so if we don’t know what we are doing, the whole defense is kind of shaky.

“When we are in the game, you really have to be on top of what is going on.”

Kuechly played nearly every snap last year, so Duggan’s opportunities to advance as a true freshman were limited. He gained significant experience starting three games at weakside linebacker in place of Kevin Pierre-Louis, ultimately playing in 10 games and amassing 39 tackles (including eight against Maryland) with an interception.

“I think it definitely helps playing well last year and knowing where you are supposed to be,”said Duggan. “It will help my fit now because I’ll know where Kevin is supposed to be on the run plays and passing.

“The more positions you know the more comfortable you are with the whole defense.”

Daniels attended Worcester Academy after graduating from St. Xavier to fine-tune his football skills and get his academic house in order. He feels prep school provided a needed transitional component and that he’s ready to compete in Division 1.

“It went really well, I matured as a person and a football player and I came out of it with all positives,” said Daniels. “The place was great and the people were great.

“There is especially a speed difference from high school to prep school to college. Right now I’m just trying to lean on the older guys to help me out and learn the system.

“First you have to learn the system and then you move on from there. I like to get my body on the running back and wrap him up.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:06 am

From The Hack

BC report: Injuries keep coming
August 15, 2012 ? 8:07 pm

Ok. Two scrimmages for Boston College and its starting quarterback has posted numbers which aren't going to dazzle anyone?even those looking for supportive figures, although there was a highlight film 72-yard scoring pass to Colin Larmond in the second half of Wednesday night's scrimmage.

Here's the key question of the day, of the month and for the season.

Is Chase Rettig ready to become a star as the Eagles' QB?

Here's the second key question. Did the Eagles lose their third starter with a foot injury?

That became a concern when running back Duece Finch went to the sideline with an injury to his left foot early in the scrimmage.

Considering that starting tight end Chris Pantale and starting CB Al Louis-Jean are already gone for extended periods of time with broken bones in their foot, Finch's injury was disturbing.

As for the QB situation and Rettig, more rather than less is expected.

We're not talking Matt Ryan numbers here. We'll settle for the job that Chris Crane?who last season was the back-up QB for the Milwaukee Iron of the Arena Football League? did in 2008 when he took the Eagles to an Atlantic Division title and a spot in the ACC title game, which he missed because of an injury

. Who knows? Crane might have been the QB to take BC to its first BCS bowl bid. That BC team won 9 games.In just under two SEASONS as the Eagles' starting QB, Rettig has won 9 games.

BC coach Frank Spaziani says Rettig is his quarterback of the present, which could determine Spaziani's future.

Risky business?

Scrimmages in training camp tell you very little. All you can really do is get a sense of what could happen as you transpose what you see in a scrimmage to what could or should happen against Miami in the regular season opener on Sept. 1.

That rarely comes out the way you think either.

But after watching Rettig run through the plays on Saturday night and again in Wednesday evening's scrimmage, we decided to get his take on how he was doing.

"Personally, I feel I'm right where I need to be in this training camp," said Rettig. "Building a connection with the receivers every practice. I think it's 17 days until Miami. Just keep building like we have until game day and I think we will be on track."

The touchdown pass to Larmond? "We happen to call the right play at the right time," said Rettig. "That's what happens, hopefully we get more plays like that."

Spaziani thinks that Rettig, who was 14 for 21 for 259 yards and 1 TD on Wednesday night, is also on the right track.

"I look for him to run the operation, make good decisions and run our offense," said Spaziani. "I think the QBs look fine. I think Chase's practicing well, but these are practices. It's a game condition practice. "

Two weeks from Saturday against Miami, the game conditions will be real.

Will Rettig be not only ready to play, but ready to be a star remains the key question.

Best hit of the scrimmage was when sophomore DB/LB Josh Keyes flattened TE/OT Dave Bowen in a mid field crash after Bowen, switched to tight end following the foot injury which sidelined starter Chris Pantale, was moving up the field after catching a Chase Rettig pass….First team offense was more than holding its own against the first team defense, but the second team offense, led by Josh Bordner, struggled against the second team defense…. Finch injured his left foot his left ankle early in the scrimmage and did not return. Spaziani says they have to wait for x-rays, mri's and other reports to see if another Eagle foot injury has struck. With Finch hur and Tajh Kimble still out with a leg injury, the Eagles basically only had three running backs available….Despite his struggles, Bordner appears to have a major colllege football arm. Whether that can be developed ..Offfensive high light was the pass rom Rettig to Larmond, which Larmond took on a short crossing pattern over the middle and out raced everyone into the end zone…Nate Freese continued to be on the mark with his kicks.After making three of three short range field goals in Saturday's first scrimmage, Freese made it 4 for four by booming a 40 yarder through the uprights in his first attempt on Wednesday night. He made it 5 of 5 with a 27 yard chip shot
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:58 am

Jaysus. Good thing Coach Quitter gave up on recruiting RBs.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:58 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Jaysus. Good thing Coach Quitter gave up on recruiting RBs.

RB really isn't an important position. We can always just throw our backup punter in there if necessary. :koolaid
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Jaysus. Good thing Coach Quitter gave up on recruiting RBs.

RB really isn't an important position. We can always just throw our backup punter in there if necessary. :koolaid

I was thinking a Zima-filled student in the stands (preferably wearing a cape).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am

Would it kill Blauds to do a quick proof read?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:01 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:From The Hack

BC report: Injuries keep coming
August 15, 2012 ? 8:07 pm

Ok. Two scrimmages for Boston College and its starting quarterback has posted numbers which aren't going to dazzle anyone?even those looking for supportive figures, although there was a highlight film 72-yard scoring pass to Colin Larmond in the second half of Wednesday night's scrimmage.

Here's the key question of the day, of the month and for the season.

Is Chase Rettig ready to become a star as the Eagles' QB?

Here's the second key question. Did the Eagles lose their third starter with a foot injury?

That became a concern when running back Duece Finch went to the sideline with an injury to his left foot early in the scrimmage.

Considering that starting tight end Chris Pantale and starting CB Al Louis-Jean are already gone for extended periods of time with broken bones in their foot, Finch's injury was disturbing.

As for the QB situation and Rettig, more rather than less is expected.

We're not talking Matt Ryan numbers here. We'll settle for the job that Chris Crane?who last season was the back-up QB for the Milwaukee Iron of the Arena Football League? did in 2008 when he took the Eagles to an Atlantic Division title and a spot in the ACC title game, which he missed because of an injury

. Who knows? Crane might have been the QB to take BC to its first BCS bowl bid. That BC team won 9 games.In just under two SEASONS as the Eagles' starting QB, Rettig has won 9 games.

BC coach Frank Spaziani says Rettig is his quarterback of the present, which could determine Spaziani's future.

Risky business?

Scrimmages in training camp tell you very little. All you can really do is get a sense of what could happen as you transpose what you see in a scrimmage to what could or should happen against Miami in the regular season opener on Sept. 1.

That rarely comes out the way you think either.

But after watching Rettig run through the plays on Saturday night and again in Wednesday evening's scrimmage, we decided to get his take on how he was doing.

"Personally, I feel I'm right where I need to be in this training camp," said Rettig. "Building a connection with the receivers every practice. I think it's 17 days until Miami. Just keep building like we have until game day and I think we will be on track."

The touchdown pass to Larmond? "We happen to call the right play at the right time," said Rettig. "That's what happens, hopefully we get more plays like that."

Spaziani thinks that Rettig, who was 14 for 21 for 259 yards and 1 TD on Wednesday night, is also on the right track.

"I look for him to run the operation, make good decisions and run our offense," said Spaziani. "I think the QBs look fine. I think Chase's practicing well, but these are practices. It's a game condition practice. "

Two weeks from Saturday against Miami, the game conditions will be real.

Will Rettig be not only ready to play, but ready to be a star remains the key question.

Best hit of the scrimmage was when sophomore DB/LB Josh Keyes flattened TE/OT Dave Bowen in a mid field crash after Bowen, switched to tight end following the foot injury which sidelined starter Chris Pantale, was moving up the field after catching a Chase Rettig pass….First team offense was more than holding its own against the first team defense, but the second team offense, led by Josh Bordner, struggled against the second team defense…. Finch injured his left foot his left ankle early in the scrimmage and did not return. Spaziani says they have to wait for x-rays, mri's and other reports to see if another Eagle foot injury has struck. With Finch hur and Tajh Kimble still out with a leg injury, the Eagles basically only had three running backs available….Despite his struggles, Bordner appears to have a major colllege football arm. Whether that can be developed ..Offfensive high light was the pass rom Rettig to Larmond, which Larmond took on a short crossing pattern over the middle and out raced everyone into the end zone…Nate Freese continued to be on the mark with his kicks.After making three of three short range field goals in Saturday's first scrimmage, Freese made it 4 for four by booming a 40 yarder through the uprights in his first attempt on Wednesday night. He made it 5 of 5 with a 27 yard chip shot

Does this mean he is still showing up and being granted access to the team?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Especially if he is wearing a Super Fan tee

EDIT: I came back and edited this post to acknowledge that Pedro's "Zima filled student" reference hit on the same theme as I did. But he did it in a much better fashion. I could have deleted my post and slunk away in anonymity - but I'm man enough to acknowledge a better post.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:53 pm

I'll take 14-21 for 259 and a TD every game.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby branchinator on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'll take 14-21 for 259 and a TD every game.

If Rettig is throwing 1 TD / game, we're screwed but I get your point.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:10 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:

He throws for 259 yards with only one TD and no picks, there are probably 2-3 rushing TDs in that game. And if he has 259 yards on only 14 throws and 67% completions, they are likely ahead.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

He throws for 259 yards with only one TD and no picks, there are probably 2-3 rushing TDs in that game. And if he has 259 yards on only 14 throws and 67% completions, they are likely ahead.

What Teddy said.

14-for-21 and 259 yards with a TD and no INTs means BC wins...

...every single time.

There isn't an opponent that BC faces this regular season with a dynamic enough offense to overcome 259 passing yards on just 21 attempts with no INTs. I mean Clemson and FSU are real good (Clemson really-really good) but if you are giving up 259 yards passing and no INTs, unless your defense hold BC to 0 yards rushing (wont happen) you are going to lose.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium