Rumor Part Deux: All is well... ALL IS WELL!!!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Rumor Part Deux: All is well... ALL IS WELL!!!!

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Rumor has it Fat Charlie is looking ahead to BC
and may get upset by USC

Rumor has it, BC D-line couldn't break wind in the bath tub.

Rumor has it BC had a cheer Leader only meeting

Rumor has it 74 wears a UCONN hat

Rumor has it GDF is looking for Coaches in the AARP mags (senior discounts) tough times
bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby mod6A on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:34 pm

Liking BC football is no gag. Not at all.
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:03 pm

bcfanbetweenthhedges {l Wrote}:Rumor has it Fat Charlie is looking ahead to BC
and may get upset by USC

Rumor has it, BC D-line couldn't break wind in the bath tub.

Rumor has it BC had a cheer Leader only meeting

Rumor has it 74 wears a UCONN hat

Rumor has it GDF is looking for Coaches in the AARP mags (senior discounts) tough times

I wear a Pink Daniel island Beret.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Jagerdzinski Bomb on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:44 pm

Count me as another person that has independently heard that there is resentment from the DC. It's my understanding that the DC expected when he took the position that Spaz would very involved, but it's still been hard to swallow. After 10 years as a coordinator, it has been a challenge for Spaz to break his habits, even though I believe that he wants to. This is concerning and borderline frightening, as both coaches are long-time football guys and very hard-head. And they're both very good at defense. I would hate to lose McGovern or worse have a season sabotaged over some petty :skank drama. If something gives, hopefully it will be during the offseason.

Like HJS, I also some good news to counteract the bad news. By all indications, despite this friction, this team will be prepared on Saturday. McGovern and Spaz have always been extremely tight, and I hope that they will be able to overcome this solely situation by winning games. I hope I'm not naive. Player development remains as good as it was under the previous coaching staff(s) as we have already seen on the field. :tranq is still very old and presumably approaching yet another retirement or death. Most importantly, this staff is composed of work-o-holics. There is no weak link. They work harder than Jags' staff and certainly harder than the later :toby staffs. This applies to both recruiting and gameplanning.

I didn't hear of the player/coach incident (really, does this crap ever happen here?) and I didn't hear about the staff looking ahead a week, so I can't speak to either of those. Frankly, as far as those two matters go, they will become moot if BC beats NC State and then wins the obligatory 2 out of 3 versus MD, UVA, and UNC to take the division. From what I've seen, I think we're still 50/50 or better to win the division, assuming that Clemson doesn't go on some run and finish 5-3. If we win the division, even at 5-3, it would be remarkable and :spaz3 would deserve Coach of the Year. Then again, it could be easily argued that Jags deserved Coach of the Year in both of his seasons. If we fail, whether it's by fault or bad luck, :spaz2 may only get one more year before the heat really gets turned up, as it should. I'm by no means anointing :spaz the next TC, but I do think that BC fans have been spoiled a bit with good if not great coaching since the early 90s (sans DH of course). I still believe that we're a factory for overachievers, and for the moment I'm comfortable with the staff, even though the gameplan and performance in Blacksburg were despicable.
And Lane Stadium Goes Silent

Jagerdzinski Bomb
n00b

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium