Joe Paterno dies at 85

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCMurt09 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:26 am

"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"
User avatar
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3522
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am
Karma: 563

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby DrJackRyan on Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 pm

He is already recruiting Bryan Pata for the Hell Football Team.




Too soon?
User avatar
DrJackRyan
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:23 pm
Location: Marblehood, Marblehood...always up to no good
Karma: 189

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby Logitano on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 pm

DrJackRyan wrote:He is already recruiting Bryan Pata for the Hell Football Team.




Too soon?



:whammy :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:43 pm
Karma: 1008

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby eagletx on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.
eagletx
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Karma: -225

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:35 pm

eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 38

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm

Pretty short retirement, I hope he took a lump sum pension.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1995
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:28 am
Karma: -324

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:49 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:10 pm

BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 38

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:40 pm

If I have to hear one more loser PSU grad/fan talk about how "people outside of State College dont get it" I'm going to fucking puke. Christ only knows what else this guy hid from the media and Id be willing to bet that all the "academic success" his players saw were a direct result of the power he had over everyone there.

Its obviously sad that he has passed, but I just hope this delusional fan base would shut up and stops putting this enabler on such a pedestal and saying that everyone else "doesn't get what he meant".
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3400
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:21 pm
Karma: 130

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:18 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Paterno was the fall guy. PSU is responsible and the whole thing was/is waaaay bigger than Paterno. This thing should not die with Paterno.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby fs33 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm

DrJackRyan wrote:He is already recruiting Bryan Pata for the Hell Football Team.




Too soon?


Way too soon, you should wait at least a decade to say ANYTHING ...
Image
fs33
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 692
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Karma: 175

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:38 pm

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-paterno-dies-in-hospital-doctors-promise-to-te,27125/


Joe Paterno Dies In Hospital; Doctors Promise To Tell Their Superiors First Thing Tomorrow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3202

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:46 pm

BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Paterno was the fall guy. PSU is responsible and the whole thing was/is waaaay bigger than Paterno. This thing should not die with Paterno.

Now you are just making shit up about my argument.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 38

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:31 am

BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Paterno was the fall guy. PSU is responsible and the whole thing was/is waaaay bigger than Paterno. This thing should not die with Paterno.


Paterno (and the football program he built) was bigger than the entire school, which is exactly why you had the idiot PSU dolts rioting and the whole cover up.

Nothing is bigger than Paterno at PSU, not the school, the BOT, whoever.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18881
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3202

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby eagletx on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 am

flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?
eagletx
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm
Karma: -225

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:28 am

eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



This is pretty smug for a statement that is by no means conclusively correct. Don't confuse your inability to get people to agree with your opinions with their inability to grasp facts.
Last edited by eagle9903 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
User avatar
eagle9903
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Karma: 1728

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:10 pm

eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



The fact is, Paterno knew Sandusky was nailing a kid in the shower and let him continue to coach kids on campus for another 7+ years. That is a fact.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:22 pm

eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?


i think you should start posting on BCI instead of this forum.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Endless Mike wrote:
eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



The fact is, Paterno knew Sandusky was nailing a kid in the shower and let him continue to coach kids on campus for another 7+ years. That is a fact.


I am not sure Paterno "let" him do anything. If anything this whole situation has revealed that Paterno was not quite the power broker that people think he was.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby apbc12 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:29 pm

BCFAN94 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



The fact is, Paterno knew Sandusky was nailing a kid in the shower and let him continue to coach kids on campus for another 7+ years. That is a fact.


I am not sure Paterno "let" him do anything. If anything this whole situation has revealed that Paterno was not quite the power broker that people think he was.


People in goofy nude costumes: disgusting child porn
Enabling a child molester: eh, it's overblown
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Endless Mike wrote:
eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



The fact is, Paterno knew Sandusky was nailing a kid in the shower and let him continue to coach kids on campus for another 7+ years. That is a fact.


I wish this wasn't true, but I'm 99.99% sure it is.
Shaven, not furred.
User avatar
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3680
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:58 pm
Location: At Work
Karma: 581

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:42 pm

apbc12 wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?



The fact is, Paterno knew Sandusky was nailing a kid in the shower and let him continue to coach kids on campus for another 7+ years. That is a fact.


I am not sure Paterno "let" him do anything. If anything this whole situation has revealed that Paterno was not quite the power broker that people think he was.


People in goofy nude costumes with a young girl handling her dad's costume's appendage in wonderment: disgusting child porn, A coach that reported a child rapist who was given access to the colleges facilities by the college's administration even after it was reported to them by that coach and even after the coach said he would not be in line for his job is on the administration, is a serious error in coaches judgment and history shows that coach did not have the courage to step up and speak out louder. He should have gone public when it was apparent when the administration was not taking the problem seriously; he should have been Mitch McDeere. Unfortunately, he was just an old guy in his late 60s who was in pictures with a load in his pants all over the interwebs who let himself believe, who knows what.


What we think we know and the evidence is damning: Sandusky is a slimey, sick, freaky child rapist weirdo who should be behind bars and should have been years ago. It was reported to civil authorities and Penn State by others well before McGready’s shower report. Sandusky was not prosecuted. McGready personally witnessed what he believed was rape and waited a period of time, consulted his dad before going to his boss Paterno. Went to Paterno, Paterno acted on the second hand information and reported it to his superiors. Paterno never witnessed any acts first hand, Paterno never raped or had inappropriate relationships with young boys. Paterno was a great football coach, one of the best ever in the college game. Paterno admitted he should have done more. Which he should have but, many are assuming that he had some super official power over PSU and use of it's facilities. I think by the time all of this shit hit the fan, Paterno probably napped in his office 5 hours a day, drank prune juice and talked about the good ole days to anyone who would listen. I don't think he was very observant or even aware of some guy sneaking kids into the shower at 9:00 at night, calling many if any shots and he certainly didn't have administrators quaking in their boots.

Did Paterno have a serious, serious lapse in judgment, yes, does in automatically negate all of the good things he brought to college football? Does it make him an enabler? I don’t think so.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:24 pm

94 is the worst
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9556
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:36 pm

Yes he is.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Remember when 94 didn't understand how twitter works despite ATL speaking slowly to him so he could grasp it? That's the same kind of gymnastics that lead a guy to root for Brad Butler over Kiwi, or find more horror in a readily available internet picture than a guy who created a safe haven for a kiddie fucker.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9556
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2672

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, what a dickhead. Can't believe he actually graduated from Boston College.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

Paterno knew the Sandman diddled children. He didn't do anything. In fact if could be reasonably argued he enabled further diddling. I view that as a very poor lapse in judgment that significantly alters my ability to view that person in a positive light. I'm sad that you feel otherwise, though given your previous posts, it doesn't surprise me that you are creating your own narrative to suit the idea that you personally want in your head of Paterno.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 38

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:12 am

eagletx wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
BCFAN94 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
eagletx wrote:I wish the man eternal peace...and wonder if the Administration/BOT at PSU regret at all today the venial and fraudulent manner in which they fired the man; they didn't even afford him the dignity, after 60 years of generosity and service, to fire him face to face. In my mind, PSU shall long live under the shadow of that hypocrisy, equal to the apparent practice of overlooking the evils of Sandusky.

Hiding a kiddie diddler kinda strips you from the ability to be fired with dignity.


Do you thing he actually hid him?

No he hid the story. Use your head for once you dumbass.


Never let facts or lack thereof get in the way of the opportunity to see your tag name in print....but then again, that's what this forum is all about, no?

Please point out where my very, very barebones CliffNotes version I initiated above is wrong. I appreciate your blanket douchiness where you appear to make a point when you really just throw out a vague blanket statement that is too ambiguous to really have a central theme or general idea with regards to the topic at hand. In essence, stop sucking and learn how to formulate an argument that actually has a point.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5612
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 38

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 am

flyingelvii wrote:Paterno knew the Sandman diddled children. He didn't do anything. In fact if could be reasonably argued he enabled further diddling. I view that as a very poor lapse in judgment that significantly alters my ability to view that person in a positive light. I'm sad that you feel otherwise, though given your previous posts, it doesn't surprise me that you are creating your own narrative to suit the idea that you personally want in your head of Paterno.


I suspect he knew about Sandusky but I really don't know what he knew, who he told and what he was told. He is on the record as doing something, telling his superiors.

He could have/should have done more to out Sandusky but unfortunately, not all men are heros and will risk sacrificing everything to make sure justice is served/children are protected. Paterno was clearly a great football coach, but not a hero. Yes, this should not ignored when considering his legacy, however, it doesn't automatically negate all of his other accomplishments of which there were many.

But I certainly understand your and others' opinion and have no issue with it.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall
 
Posts: 1104
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: -311

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 am

BCFAN94 wrote:What we think we know and the evidence is damning: Sandusky is a slimey, sick, freaky child rapist weirdo who should be behind bars and should have been years ago. It was reported to civil authorities and Penn State by others well before McGready’s shower report. Sandusky was not prosecuted. McGready personally witnessed what he believed was rape and waited a period of time, consulted his dad before going to his boss Paterno. Went to Paterno, Paterno acted on the second hand information and reported it to his superiors. Paterno never witnessed any acts first hand, Paterno never raped or had inappropriate relationships with young boys. Paterno was a great football coach, one of the best ever in the college game. Paterno admitted he should have done more. Which he should have but, many are assuming that he had some super official power over PSU and use of it's facilities. I think by the time all of this shit hit the fan, Paterno probably napped in his office 5 hours a day, drank prune juice and talked about the good ole days to anyone who would listen. I don't think he was very observant or even aware of some guy sneaking kids into the shower at 9:00 at night, calling many if any shots and he certainly didn't have administrators quaking in their boots.

Did Paterno have a serious, serious lapse in judgment, yes, does in automatically negate all of the good things he brought to college football? Does it make him an enabler? I don’t think so.


The best part about your explanation is that he still turned a blind eye to it even though he had the power to either do something more proactive about it or at least monitor the problem so that on the off chance it was true, it wouldn't happen again or would be handled if the proof became sufficient. And then he's off the hook when the shit hits the fan because he's a batty old man? Unreal.
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11582
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2630

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], MF73-Eleazar and 23 guests

Untitled document