Joe Paterno dies at 85

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby nerd on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 am

nerd
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:18 am

level headed, even keeled response.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby nerd on Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

some more: Sanctions = September 11 feelings from Happy Valley:

http://bwi.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=3 ... 90&style=2
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:12 pm

Disgraciad, it's going to be easy to root against them for a long time.

BTW ND fan with an absolute :whammy discussing JoePa's statue:

I think they should have just turned the statue around. This way JoePa could always look the other way.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Then you have Ped State's reaction, sounding very Yukon-esque

After watching the show last night, the case for calling for appeal SHOULD be VERY, VERY strong! Out of his own mouth he admitted that this was not about the football culture. Then he talled about academics, graduation rates, representing the university well. ALL of which penn state has and STILL is known for from its football players. Then he admitted that penn state's players ARE and WERE doing all of these things! Why didn't Ley then ask him, if it was not about football culture and not about the players, then what was/is your justification for these sanctions??? These were his own words people!! WE CAN"T GO QUIETYLY IN TO THE NIGHT!!!! PLEASE, SOMEBODY IN A POSITION TO FIGHT THIS, DO SO!!!!! IT IS NOT TOO LATE!!!!!!

I find it hilarious that, 48 hours after PSU announced that they formally accepted these sanctions, the Ped State fans are still begging them to appeal.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:34 pm

The NCAA sanctions have already failed. Some members of the team released a statement that they are committed to the university (which is fine) and will overcome "adversity" (which is not OK, they are not the victims here). PSU fans are following their lead and picking up the pom-poms. Now they think they are martyrs. The Ohio game will probably break Beaver Stadium's attendance record. These people are only going to get worse, not better.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The NCAA sanctions have already failed. Some members of the team released a statement that they are committed to the university (which is fine) and will overcome "adversity" (which is not OK, they are not the victims here). PSU fans are following their lead and picking up the pom-poms. Now they think they are martyrs. The Ohio game will probably break Beaver Stadium's attendance record. These people are only going to get worse, not better.

Told you the NCAA can't take PSU down.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:The NCAA sanctions have already failed. Some members of the team released a statement that they are committed to the university (which is fine) and will overcome "adversity" (which is not OK, they are not the victims here). PSU fans are following their lead and picking up the pom-poms. Now they think they are martyrs. The Ohio game will probably break Beaver Stadium's attendance record. These people are only going to get worse, not better.

I don't think I can identify the players by sight, do you know who else is in that misguided video? Mauti and Zordich are the speakers, Mauti is really good but is like the 8th person in his family to go to PSU, Zordich is, of course, a legacy as well and is decent but is a fullback and thus probably has limited options. I think Silas Redd is one of the guys standing there, but I don't know who the others are.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:13 pm

This is fine talk when there is only 10 days until camp starts (and the window closes for transferring this year). But 65 is not 75, and recruits who aren't already there will be tougher to convince.

Wait until they have 3 straight years of 4-8. See how many pompoms are waving then. And I'm actually in the more optimistic camp in terms of how PSU will deal with these seanctions.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Wait until they have 3 straight years of 4-8. See how many pompoms are waving then. And I'm actually in the more optimistic camp in terms of how PSU will deal with these seanctions.

By "optimistic," do you mean optimistic that they'll handle them well, or optimistic that they'll handle them poorly?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm

I was writing from PSU's perspective.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:28 pm

this is from the pedo board, scout version

players expected to stay
Adrian Amos -So/So - starting CB
Bill Belton - So/So - 2nd at RB - WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL (other than 6 carries in 2012)
Justin Brown -Sr/Sr - starting WR
Alex Butterworth - not on depth chart
Nate Cadogan - Sr/Jr - 2nd LT
Glenn Carson Jr/Jr - starting MLB
Kyle Carter - So/Fr - starting TE F- WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL
Miles Dieffenbach - Jr/So - starting LG
Khairi Fortt Jr/Jr - 2nd MLB
Garry Gilliam - Sr/Jr starting TE Y
Adam Gress Sr/Jr - starting RT
Jordan Hill - Sr/SR - starting DT
Gerald Hodges - Sr/Sr - starting OLB
DaQuan Jones -Jr/Jr - starting DT
Alex Kenney Jr/So - 2nd slot WR
Jordan Kerner - So/Fr - not on depth chart - WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL
Angelo Mangiro So/Fr - 2nd at OC and 3rd at LG - WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL
Michael Mauti Gr/Sr - starting OLB
Matt McGloin Gr/Sr - starting QB
Shane McGregor - Sr/Sr - 4th QB
Stephon Morris -Sr/Sr - starting CB
Steven Obeng-Agyapong - Sr/Jr - 2nd safety
Allen Robinson - so/so - starting WR
Eric Shrive - Sr/Jr - 2nd RG
Donovan Smith - So/Fr - starting LT - WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL
Matt Stankiewitch -Sr/Sr - starting OC
John Urschel Gr/Jr - starting RG
Mike Wallace - not on depth chart
Matt Zanellato So/Fr - 3rd at WR - WILL NEVER PLAY IN A BOWL
Michael Zordich - sr/sr - starting FB

That's crazy that's like most of the depth chart and bunch of young players. Neither of the starting safeties are on that list, Redd isn't on it, neither of the defensive ends are on it and the starting slot receive isn't on it. Otherwise the whole starting lineup is on board apparently.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby tallsy on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm

McGloin leaving would have been addition by subtraction.

These sanctions were never going to show in starting talent particularly at first (although the offense was mediocre anyway). It'll show in depth and ST.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

My post ripping the players' statement on the Scout board was deleted. I used no profanity or personal attacks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I don't think I can identify the players by sight, do you know who else is in that misguided video? Mauti and Zordich are the speakers, Mauti is really good but is like the 8th person in his family to go to PSU, Zordich is, of course, a legacy as well and is decent but is a fullback and thus probably has limited options. I think Silas Redd is one of the guys standing there, but I don't know who the others are.

Silas Redd was a noticeable omission from the group although everyone keeps saying he will stay for 1 year and then head to the NFL...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 pm

when is the first year that the number of scholarship players is capped at 65?

2013 season?

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Got in, meat bombing for your viewing pleasure Friday once I'm fully cleared.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby h2o on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm laughing at their BOT, a despicable bunch of morons not smart enough to realize how stupid they make themselves look. First, they push the statue decision in Erickson's lap, now they're gransdstanding again, pissed at Erickson for agreeing to the NCAA sanctions and are demanding to meet with him.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/bigten/story/2012-07-25/penn-state-trustees-consent-decree/56485674/1

Meanwhile, published reports say the NCAA presented Erickson with two options. The sanctions he agreed to or, a four year death penalty, which Erickson's fellow presidents wanted to happen. Emmert basically told Erickson to pick his poison, agree to the sanctions or take a four year death penalty.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8199905/penn-state-nittany-lions-rodney-erickson-said-school-faced-4-year-death-penalty

He chose to keep playing and by doing so most likely saved a good number of local businesses that depend on PSU football to survive.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:24 pm

I can only leave this here, because I don't understand what I'm looking at.

http://ps4rs.org/media.html
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:27 pm

Victim 2 plans to sue Ped St.

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/07/26/3274073/victim-2-in-jerry-sandusky-case.html

And the ped state's boards reactions:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=9177342

Sure he came forward, its time to get paid.

Abuse or not, I would like to hear him testify in court about the shower scene.

I'm not saying this not the kid that was molested in shower but you have to question when someone comes forward now. Why didn't he come forward when Jerry was on trial and evidence had to be presented. Now that Penn State has been found guilty of enabling another victim comes out to sue.

Where has he been for that last 9 months

And more

I'm saying this guy may not be a victim at all but is claiming to be victim #2 for a payday.

If Sandusky abused boys in a movie theater, would the victims sue the owners of the movie theater?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:37 pm

The meatbombing tomorrow will be a long time coming:

I have no problem with a smaller financial settlement by the way. I just don't see the need for a victim to become a millionnaire overnight
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby nerd on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 pm

If Sandusky abused boys in a movie theater, would the victims sue the owners of the movie theater?

In today's sue happy society, I'm sure he would. But the question isn't whether or not he was abused in a movie theater, it's whether or not the movie theater knew abuse was going on and didn't do anything to stop it. And even then, I don't think a movie theater has the same duty to report that a school does.

One of the saddest reactions I've seen on the PedoState boards is questioning why the media isn't interviewing the victims. As if it's cold and heartless not to show concern by the victims by shoving microphones in their faces and asking them to relive a horrible experience.

The best way to help the victims is to leave them alone and let them try to live a normal life as best as they can.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby nerd on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:40 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Got in, meat bombing for your viewing pleasure Friday once I'm fully cleared.

Do it right. Spend Friday as a Paternoist.

Meatbomb them on Saturday/Sunday when the moderators aren't watching the board as closely.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:44 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The meatbombing tomorrow will be a long time coming:

I have no problem with a smaller financial settlement by the way. I just don't see the need for a victim to become a millionnaire overnight

Amen. The Ped State supporters left posting on their Scout boards are the true lunatics.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:46 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Amen. The Ped State supporters left posting on their Scout boards are the true lunatics.

Seriously. Have any of them said "I'd gladly get raped by an old man for a couple million bucks" yet?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 pm

nerd {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:Got in, meat bombing for your viewing pleasure Friday once I'm fully cleared.

Meatbomb them on Saturday/Sunday when the moderators aren't watching the board as closely.

I'll leave it up to the masses.

Friday afternoon entertainment or save it for the weekend? (Maybe I'll do a poll)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:56 pm

nerd {l Wrote}:

And try to disguise it so a lot of them click on it.

for example, say that you have a link to a very well written critical response to the Freeh report.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:59 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

Seriously. Have any of them said "I'd gladly get raped by an old man for a couple million bucks" yet?

I'm waiting for one of them to suggest that the victims ask for field level season tickets for life as part of the settlement and then talk about how awesome those would be.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:03 pm

Don't forget to put "EagleOutsider.com- the independent forum for Boston College athletics" or something like that in your sig. :angrychicken
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:03 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Victim 2 plans to sue Ped St.

Abuse or not, I would like to hear him testify in court about the shower scene.

i am appalled someone would write something like this.

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium