Joe Paterno dies at 85

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:44 am

In my reading McQueary comes across as untrustworthy and a coward. He knew that Sandusky was raping a young boy in front of him and the only defense he could provide the child was "slamming his locker loudly" - what a fucking coward!

I don't believe that he was abused as a child and think he was trying to engender sympathy from his players when he was exposed as a spineless weakling . If he was abused as a child, and still didn't help at the time, and also allowed the cover-up to continue, and other children to be abused for as many years as he did - he deserves to live in the pathetic manner he currently is living.
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:46 pm

Wow, victim #2 says nothing happened and then a lawyer tells him how to get millions and he changes his story. PSU trustees are so far down the road with their strategy that they give him millions.

It's easy to see why Paterno forced JS to retire, but was at a loss as to what else to do leaving things up to Schultz who had an ongoing investigation. If Spanier and Curley actually knew what JS was doing, more than one trustee knew as well. Trustees are also paying the legal fees of Spanier, Shultz and Curley. Trustees are protecting two officers of the corporation while using a deceased employee as the scapegoat. It's difficult to believe that whatever Paterno knew, that Spanier, Shultz and Curley did not also know and all three must have interviewed McQueary and JS. It's also difficult to believe that all involved would have protected JS at their own personal and professional risk if they actually had very good evidence. This looks like the two officers of the corporation, Spanier & Schultz, decided that Schultz should continue his investigation instead of giving the new information to the DA. Is it unusual for a DA to conduct an investigation into JS in 98, conclude that there was not enough evidence to go to trial, and then not keep JS on his radar?

The evidence proves that many people knew JS was a pedophile or could be a pedophile and completely mishandled the entire situation including the DA. The Trustees want to limit the damage to the football staff and not the rest of the university. I think that Schultz is the person who is most responsible for not involving the DA and as an officer of the corporation could expose PSU to hundreds of millions of dollars in lawsuits with so many victims. Could there be more NCAA penalties if any trustees are found to have known about JS?
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:24 am

penn state is having a "joe out"

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/09/15/4 ... .html?rh=1

it would make me happy if that entire campus fell into a hole in the earth
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:30 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:penn state is having a "joe out"

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/09/15/4 ... .html?rh=1

it would make me happy if that entire campus fell into a hole in the earth

If you were to put Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno in a lineup (the alive version of Paterno, not the current, decomposed version) and asked me to pick out the pedophile based just on looks, I'm not sure I would choose correctly. :shrug
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:19 pm

I'm a lot more ambivalent than the board consensus here about the extent of Paterno's guilt though I haven't followed all the ins and outs of the case.

Let's just remember he went to a Jesuit high school and was a Brown University English major. His dedication to Penn State -- he gave a lot of his income back to the school and never thought to leave for financially greener pastures -- is a dramatic contrast to the typical pattern in American sports. Compared to other big-time-football powers that have enjoyed similar levels of success over the decades, Penn State seemed to be more committed to recruiting literate kids and less inclined to admit thugs no matter what. Certainly not on the level of the handful of places like BC but still a big cut above the typical factory.

With regard to Sandusky, Paterno did refer the report to higher authorities. He could easily have argued that he had turned the matter over to the proper authorities and that he had no remit to undertake an investigation that could have tainted an eventual legal case. One can easily imagine that Paterno felt he did not know for a fact that the report made to him was accurate. It was presumably hard to believe such things of a close associate.

Instead of hiding behind such arguments, he said, with some grace, that he wished he had done more. Also, it seems clear that he decided to get rid of Sandusky.

Before any of the Sandusky case blew up, I was critical of Paterno for hanging on for the total wins record when it seemed, at least from a distance, that he was the PS head coach in name only.

PS is our competitor, but I think we have carried Schadenfreude too far in the Paterno case. Trash talk can be fun, but sometimes we can look more like those we look down on.
Last edited by Brooklyneagle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:36 pm

this has got to be a parody account, right?

if not, you clearly have not read enough about this case
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Jesus.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:00 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:I'm a lot more ambivalent than the board consensus here about the extent of Paterno's guilt though I haven't followed all the ins and outs of the case.

Let's just remember he went to a Jesuit high school and was a Brown University English major. His dedication to Penn State -- he gave a lot of his income back to the school and never thought to leave for financially greener pastures -- is a dramatic contrast to the typical pattern in American sports. Compared to other big-time-football powers that have enjoyed similar levels of success over the decades, Penn State seemed to be more committed to recruiting literate kids and less inclined to admit thugs no matter what. Certainly not on the level of the handful of places like BC but still a big cut above the typical factory.

With regard to Sandusky, Paterno did refer the report to higher authorities. He could easily have argued that he had turned the matter over to the proper authorities and that he had no remit to undertake an investigation that could have tainted an eventual legal case. One can easily imagine that Paterno felt he did not know for a fact that the report made to him was accurate. It was presumably hard to believe such things of a close associate.

Instead of hiding behind such arguments, he said, with some grace, that he wished he had done more. Also, it seems clear that he decided to get rid of Sandusky.

Before any of the Sandusky case blew up, I was critical of Paterno for hanging on for the total wins record when it seemed, at least from a distance, that he was the PS head coach in name only.

PS is our competitor, but I think we have carried Schadenfreude too far in the Paterno case. Trash talk can be fun, but sometimes we can look more like those we look down on.

Fuck that.

He covered up evidence of child abuse for ten years.
I hope he enjoys the Kirby Puckett rape room while burning in hell.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:49 am

i hear the kirby puckett rape room has been updated now featuring more jm j bullock
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:37 am

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:I'm a lot more ambivalent than the board consensus here about the extent of Paterno's guilt though I haven't followed all the ins and outs of the case.

let he who has not aided and abetted child rape cast the first stone, amirite?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:20 am

Wait, brooklyneagle was serious?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Wait, brooklyneagle was serious?

i'm pretty certain he was and likely has a family member that went to penn state
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCMurt09 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:05 am

The revisionist history that is already occurring at Penn State is frightening.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:07 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

i'm pretty certain he was and likely has a family member that went to penn state

and by "family member," you mean "child" or "spouse."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

If you' went to Penn State, you have to believe that Penn State's right to a competitive football team is more important than covering up child rape. You also have to believe that anybody from outside the cult who points out that is a bad thing is making light of child rape themselves.

disgustiad.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:31 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

Nope.

I once had an argument at work with a Penn State grad who claimed he had attended a BC-Penn State game where Jack Concannon had been the BC quarterback. I said there had never been such a game. He swore he had been there in Happy Valley. But it was either his or my last day on that job. A few years later, somewhere in Manhattan, he was getting off an elevator as I was getting on. As we passed, he said simply, "You were right." That's about my closest personal association with Penn State or its football team. I doubt I have been within a hundred miles of the place.

What happened at Penn State was terrible. I just think that the bulk of the blame falls elsewhere than on Paterno. I read the Freese report at the time and just found it a rush to judgement with regard to Paterno. I could easily be wrong (since I never immersed myself in the issue), but I have the impression that (contra Freese and company) a Paterno indictment would be thrown out of court so fast...

The Sandusky crime was so outrageous and the Penn State administraion's failure so inexcusable, that I think we have been impelled by emotion into uncritical guilt by association for all involved, no matter what the degree of involvement. I simply appeal to our shared BC education and to the requirements for fair and balanced judgement.

Given the ambiguities of the evidence, I leave it to an Authority with better knowledge of the case whether Joe Paterno is burning in Hell.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:50 am

thanks for handing it off to me. don't worry, he is.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Brooklyneagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:00 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:thanks for handing it off to me. don't worry, he is.

Very good, Garage.
Brooklyneagle
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:thanks for handing it off to me. don't worry, he is.

Very good, Garage.

That's "the Authority" to you.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:48 pm

Brooklyneagle {l Wrote}:I just think that the bulk of the blame falls elsewhere than on Paterno.

The bulk of the blame falls on Jerry Sandusky.

Joe Paterno knew something was up, but never questioned why he was still allowed to be around kids a decade later. Paterno can't hide behind the "well, I'm just a football coach" excuse when everybody in the Penn State community worshiped him like a God.
Last edited by talon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:55 pm

nm
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:04 pm

my bad.

I tried to clip out the relevant part, because I hate the quotes within quotes within quotes.

I fixed my mistake.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:08 pm

no worries, just don't want to be affiliated with brooklyneagle's odd agenda
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:no worries, just don't want to be affiliated with brooklyneagle's odd agenda

thanks for bitching, tedwardo. i didn't want to be involved with the molestor sympathist either
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:41 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i hear the kirby puckett rape room has been updated now featuring more jm j bullock

I actually had to Google Jm J to make sure he's still alive. If JoePa thinks Barbaro's flaming horse cock is bad, just wait until Jm J arrives.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:48 pm

If Jm J Bullock died so soon after Joan Rivers did, Shadoe Stevens must be so thankful he was the bottom center and not bottom left.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:03 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i hear the kirby puckett rape room has been updated now featuring more jm j bullock

I actually had to Google Jm J to make sure he's still alive. If JoePa thinks Barbaro's flaming horse cock is bad, just wait until Jm J arrives.

don't believe his wiki page... huang fills if full of more false "facts" then vinny did with spaz's
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:27 pm

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:

Jm J is alive and FUH-LAMING!

I haven't done the math, but I think that if Jm J does kick it soon, Lanie would take the lead in the death pool.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:40 pm

he's living large on that too close for comfort money.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:46 am

The Onion
STATE COLLEGE, PA—Recognizing their incredible contributions to both the athletic program and the school as a whole, Penn State University reportedly honored the legendary members of its 2012 legal team during halftime of Saturday’s football game against Ohio State. “Today, we are proud to celebrate those who delivered one of the greatest and most memorable legal performances in school history,” Beaver Stadium PA announcer Dean DeVore said as the group of waving middle-aged attorneys marched out to the 50-yard line to a resounding standing ovation from over 100,000 cheering fans. “These dedicated men and women worked tirelessly in the courtroom and together formed an ironclad defense that will be remembered for generations to come. Just as importantly, throughout their time here, they remained equally committed to the ideals and core values of Penn State. They truly represent all that it means to be a Nittany Lion.” Following the halftime ceremony, Penn State officials unveiled a 15-foot bronze statue of the illustrious litigators outside of the stadium’s Gate C entrance.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/penn-s ... :1:Default
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium