Joe Paterno dies at 85

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Can we wrap this up now and not endure another week of it? Every victim's testimony has depicted a consistent pattern of abuse. This is not a conspiracy. Lock Sandusky up and throw away the key.

Amen

Word is he might testify today

Fucking disgusting

Did you hear the excerpts from that interview with NBC that were somehow edited out of the segment that was originally aired? He basically admits guilt on the record. If he testifies, it will make a mockery of the court. I suspect the only reason he is testifying is to put off his inevitable incarceration as many minutes as possible. At this point, every recess, lunch break, adjournment, continuation, etc is a victory for Sandusky.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:20 am

The defense rested without Sandusky taking the stand.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:25 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:The defense rested without Sandusky taking the stand.

As expected.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:31 am

I believe it was done unintentionally, but the shadows in the picutre add to the character tremendously.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:38 am

Closing arguments tomorrow at 9 AM. If I'm a juror, I do everything in my power to return a verdict ASAP so I can spend the weekend drinking to forget everything I heard and saw for the past two weeks.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Sandusky attorney told the jury (mostly Penn State hacks) that his client did not harm Penn State (making a not so subtle reference to that witness MCqueary). This cockroach needs to join Sandusky in prison...

Here is hoping that the NCAA with some urging from the Feds (are they ever going to finish their investigation), puts Penn State on 10 years probation with no bowls, and no TV appearances except Penn. community TV. Paterno shoud be named as an accomplice, along with the rest of the Penn State crew. If justice prevails (and it certainly has not as of yet) Bill O'Brien may yet be reapplying for the BC head coaching job shortly.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:00 pm

"We protect our own." - OJ Simpson juror

I have a sinking feeling, the same "justice" will be applied here.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:07 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:"We protect our own." - OJ Simpson juror

I initially had the same feeling as you when I read about the venue and the jury. But, by all indications, this is the slam dunk of all slam dunks, and gruesomely explicit to boot. If I were a juror, I would do exactly what someone suggested above: convict on all counts, then drink myself into Bolivian.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:13 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I initially had the same feeling as you when I read about the venue and the jury. But, by all indications, this is the slam dunk of all slam dunks, and gruesomely explicit to boot. If I were a juror, I would do exactly what someone suggested above: convict on all counts, then drink myself into Bolivian.

Ehh...

I think the defense did raise a smidgen of doubt with the tape of the officers "coaching" the victims while they were giving their statements. If I were a Penn State employee, grad, etc living in the kind of secluded bubble that these people do, I'd be looking for ANY reason to let this guy walk and that might be enough for them to justify it.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ehh...

I think the defense did raise a smidgen of doubt with the tape of the officers "coaching" the victims while they were giving their statements. If I were a Penn State employee, grad, etc living in the kind of secluded bubble that these people do, I'd be looking for ANY reason to let this guy walk and that might be enough for them to justify it.

But, it's not like Sandusky is or ever was the idol. The idol was always Joe Pa. They blame him (Sandusky) for ending the era.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ehh...

But, it's not like Sandusky is or ever was the idol. The idol was always Joe Pa. They blame him (Sandusky) for ending the era.

But at the same time, if Sandusky goes down, think about the (literally) BILLIONS of dollars on the table in civil suits that could (would?) ruin Penn State. There's more at stake for these cultists than just a former defensive coordinator.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:23 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
EagleDave {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Ehh...

But at the same time, if Sandusky goes down, think about the (literally) BILLIONS of dollars on the table in civil suits that could (would?) ruin Penn State. There's more at stake for these cultists than just a former defensive coordinator.

I think PSU will be sued successfully regardless of the verdict of this trial. But, I'll grant you that it's a point I hadn't considered.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:26 pm

How the heck does the Judge/Prosecution allow any Penn State grads on to this jury to begin with? Let's assume the worst case scenario here..that these Penn State hack jurors, find this creep not guilty...The outrage from outside Pedophile State Univ. would be enormous. Then the Feds and/or the NCAA would likely lay a huge hammer to PSU in the form of huge penalty??

The likely civil suits would have much traction, despite an acquital?
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:29 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:The likely civil suits would have much traction, despite an acquital?

I don't know if there is any sort of legal term for this type of phenomenon (or even if it exists), but I wonder if the uproar and anger would be so great from an acquittal that perhaps a civil trial would result in an even greater book-throwing than if he'd been convicted.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:33 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:How the heck does the Judge/Prosecution allow any Penn State grads on to this jury to begin with? Let's assume the worst case scenario here..that these Penn State hack jurors, find this creep not guilty...The outrage from outside Pedophile State Univ. would be enormous. Then the Feds and/or the NCAA would likely lay a huge hammer to PSU in the form of huge penalty??

The likely civil suits would have much traction, despite an acquital?

They held the trial right in Happy Valley, it was going to be hard to find anyone with no connections to the school. The smarter option would have been to bring in a jury pool from Philadelphia or some other area to eliminate the cult factor. If they had done that, I bet the verdict would already be in.

Edit: They tried to do this, but the judge overruled the motion.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:01 pm

So Sandusky molested his own stepson...

There isn't enough alcohol in the world for me to be on that jury
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:41 pm

That is a big surprise! How does this come out now, unless the person was previously unable to admit such an atrocity. (which is understandable). I imagine this PSU alumni jury has been threatened by some of the Nittany Lion Nit Wits, and will have to think long and hard about whether they can convict this monster. Reports indicate that Sandusky has been smiling throughout the testimony...If the jury does not convict him tomorrow......watch out.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Jury asking to review testimony...this is how it starts. You've got at least one two cult lunatics who don't either don't believe he molested all these kids or isn't going to condemn PSU to billions of dollars in litigation and the further destruction of the school and program.

He walks via hung jury (at least for now). Book it.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 pm

and there are multiple counts against Sandusky, and this PSU alumni jury simply needs to convict him on 1 or 2 out of 10+,and that would be enough to send this guy away. But PSU football has to be protected in Happy Valley, at all costs. Splendid..
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:15 am

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:That is a big surprise! How does this come out now, unless the person was previously unable to admit such an atrocity. (which is understandable). I imagine this PSU alumni jury has been threatened by some of the Nittany Lion Nit Wits, and will have to think long and hard about whether they can convict this monster. Reports indicate that Sandusky has been smiling throughout the testimony...If the jury does not convict him tomorrow......watch out.

Read that too, what a fucking psycho
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 am

If the jury lets him off, he will be dead within a year, most likely by his own hands.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Max Quad on Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:48 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:If the jury lets him off, they will hate him because he's free. .
BC FOOTBALL: UNDEFEATED ON MAX QUAD DAY.
Max Quad
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:47 am

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm

Note the rare combination of poor taste AND awful grammar. LSU fans would like to shower at Penn State and afterwards support Alabama?
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:37 pm

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby EagleDave on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Guilty on 45 of 48 counts. Thank the fuckin' lord. My faith in humanity is mildly restored.
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:04 pm

McCleary's are probably the only one's not guilty. This is one of the worst "abuse of power" stories ever. (Not counting some of the genocidal maniacs throughout history.

Might have to bump the Sandusky, Castro, JoPa poll.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Absolutely right on. Abuse of power and a complete classic case of lack of institutional control. NCAA needs to shut Penn State football program down, with the death penalty, and the AG Kelly seems to hint that there is more to come on this one. We all laugh and joke about the SEC football factories and their complete lack of academic considerations, and yet what PSU just pulled off the last 15 years (Sandusky charges go back this far and perhaps further) is a complete farce, with Joe Paterno, the one who had complete power and the ability to stop these crimes, and he punted. The Penn State brand needs to be obliterated, and after 10 or 15 years, perhaps they can try again, with some proper checks and balances.

Fox News reporter claims that he was told that Curley and another, offered to plea bargain with testimony against higher ups. ( I missed who he might implicate) Classic slam dunk case for the NCAA to show some courage, and I think the Feds are embarassed enough to ask the NCAA to lay the hammer down.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:57 pm

SeaCaptim {l Wrote}:Absolutely right on. Abuse of power and a complete classic case of lack of institutional control. NCAA needs to shut Penn State football program down, with the death penalty, and the AG Kelly seems to hint that there is more to come on this one. We all laugh and joke about the SEC football factories and their complete lack of academic considerations, and yet what PSU just pulled off the last 15 years (Sandusky charges go back this far and perhaps further) is a complete farce, with Joe Paterno, the one who had complete power and the ability to stop these crimes, and he punted. The Penn State brand needs to be obliterated, and after 10 or 15 years, perhaps they can try again, with some proper checks and balances.

Fox News reporter claims that he was told that Curley and another, offered to plea bargain with testimony against higher ups. ( I missed who he might implicate) Classic slam dunk case for the NCAA to show some courage, and I think the Feds are embarassed enough to ask the NCAA to lay the hammer down.

Penn State University is not SMU. There will be no death penalty. Imposing the Death Penaly on one the largest public universities in the country (the one most of the United States thinks of when they think at ALL about college football in the Northeast) would be the NCAA purposely shooting itself in the foot and cutting its nose off to spite the face on moral principle. Are you kidding me, the two most highly recruited high school football players in the 2012 class from the state of Massachusetts will be wearing blue and white (not Maroon and Gold) in September (and they both KNEW about what was happening at Penn State and they still wanted to go there.) That is power, real noterity. For the NCAA to knowingly destroy that, it would cost the sport (easy) $50,000,000 a year in tv value and clout. Easy. NFW does the NCAA willingly self-lobomize financially by clipping off the testicles of one of the twenty or so true CABAL schools.

Wiil. Not. Happen.

Now, SHOULD IT HAPPEN? Does PSU deserve an SMU Death Penalty (a penalty that SMU really never fully recovered from?) That is an entirely different question. Yes, they should. Too much corruption here, far too many innocent lives have been destroyed as a result of the actions of this fucking animal that got locked up today, an animal that pretty much everyone in a position of power at PSU was informed about, and they sat on the information. Terrible. Deplorable. Disgusting. No excuses. They should be punished, made an example of to the rest of college football.

Won't happen.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium