New Coach

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: New Coach

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:13 pm

~8 minute video of Adelson discussing the BC HC gig:

https://twitter.com/BCFootballFans/stat ... 6020321406
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:24 am

Fish Force One just landed in ATL as did a NetJets from Columbus.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:10 am

hansen {l Wrote}:Fish Force One just landed in ATL as did a NetJets from Columbus.

Not for nothing Fish has a normal business to run so that plane likely has nothing to do with BC.

The one from Columbus you can figure out.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:03 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Fish Force One just landed in ATL as did a NetJets from Columbus.

Not for nothing Fish has a normal business to run so that plane likely has nothing to do with BC.

The one from Columbus you can figure out.

Blogboy reported interviews are taking place in Atlanta.
AJ Black reporting 6 candidates being interviewed today there

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:42 am

Netjet's operations are based in Columbus. They have a million flights to and from there. Means nothing.

It is super easy to charter someone a flight that you would never know about.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:26 pm

Question: Is Greasy Gene involved in this process?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:51 am

Tweet from John Johnson III:
If you want decades of alumni support… and all of the current NFL guys to show up….. GET AL WASHINGTON !!!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:07 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Tweet from John Johnson III:
If you want decades of alumni support… and all of the current NFL guys to show up….. GET AL WASHINGTON !!!

He’s on campus today as a finalist. I wonder if they’ll try to bring him on as the DC?
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby Bernard Lonergan on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:13 am

He’s on campus today as a finalist. I wonder if they’ll try to bring him on as the DC?
Bernard Lonergan
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:33 am

if al is one of the two finalists, i can't imagine him accepting the DC role
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:38 am

Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:

FootballScoop has the info. It’s down to BOB and Al. Unless BOB has been asking Leahy to help him hire assistants, there is a significant chance we have a HCAW thread by the end of the day.

There is always this moment of panic and “no effing way they would really do that”… and here we are. Maybe he’s the insurance policy should BOB make crazy demands. But, I am willing to bet that Leahy will favor him for a host of reasons (specifically his cost and him being a first). Will be interesting to see how much pull (if any) Blake has garnered in his brief tenure.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:45 am

If they make the dumb choice here, it will keep my fall Saturdays free from mediocrity. This is so dumb it can't be true, even for Leahy. Even Cryst would have made me think about tickets, he's boring but he'd win here like Addazio+
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:46 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
Bernard Lonergan {l Wrote}:

FootballScoop has the info. It’s down to BOB and Al. Unless BOB has been asking Leahy to help him hire assistants, there is a significant chance we have a HCAW thread by the end of the day.

There is always this moment of panic and “no effing way they would really do that”… and here we are. Maybe he’s the insurance policy should BOB make crazy demands. But, I am willing to bet that Leahy will favor him for a host of reasons (specifically his cost and him being a first). Will be interesting to see how much pull (if any) Blake has garnered in his brief tenure.

Al Washington has never even been a coordinator before. Earl Grant was a horrible hire at the time (still is) and Al Washington would be even worse somehow.

After hiring a guy with no HC experience who looked completely over his head, it’s bizarre to me you’d even interview Al.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:00 am

everything from bc history suggests they hire the opposite of previous coach. any real source has stated that HC experience is a prerequisite

i can't imagine al is the hire
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:49 am

i always chuckle at the players / former players thinking they should carry any weight considering it was herzlich that hurled us into this ice age we've been in now for 15 years
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am

I’ve been weighing in my own mind the O’Brien vs. Chryst option, and wouldn’t have an issue with either, though I think O’Brien has more cache. If however Washington is the choice over either of these, it would cement the objective idiocy of the decision maker(s) who ever that is or are.

The landscape of college football forces a hard decision well beyond home spun affection, unless you are committed to dropping down to play the HC’s and Villanovas and Ivy League of the football world.
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:59 am

I sincerely hope this interview is a gambit to get Al on as a coordinator, with a promise of a pathway to take over for BOB when the time comes. Otherwise, I'm gonna lose my mind that we had a choice among BOB, Cryst, Chip Kelly (if you believe AJ Black), Monken, Calhoun, Candle and on and on and went with a newbie.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:09 pm

I'm almost certain it will be AL.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:00 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:I'm almost certain it will be AL.

0% chance. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:09 pm

JesuitIvy {l Wrote}:I sincerely hope this interview is a gambit to get Al on as a coordinator, with a promise of a pathway to take over for BOB when the time comes. Otherwise, I'm gonna lose my mind that we had a choice among BOB, Cryst, Chip Kelly (if you believe AJ Black), Monken, Calhoun, Candle and on and on and went with a newbie.

If this is true and happens, they should burn down the school
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:45 pm

The only thing that matters in college football, is recruiting. We haven't had any recruiting since :toby On recruiting alone (nothing else, since his coaching was incompetence) :toby = 9 wins per year.

Bring in whoever recruits the best. Fuck everything else. I don't care if he bitches and moans about how hard it is to recruit for BC, as long as he recruits. I don't care how much BC pays him, as long as he recruits. I don't care what kind of offense or defense BC runs (or what coordinators he hires) as long as he recruits like a mofo. I don't even care if he gives radio or talk show interviews where he denigrates BC as his employer the way the Ginger coach did, provided we get the kind of players Ginger gave us. We need a salesman, not a talker or a politician.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagletx on Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:40 pm

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The only thing that matters in college football, is recruiting. We haven't had any recruiting since :toby On recruiting alone (nothing else, since his coaching was incompetence) :toby = 9 wins per year.

Bring in whoever recruits the best. Fuck everything else. I don't care if he bitches and moans about how hard it is to recruit for BC, as long as he recruits. I don't care how much BC pays him, as long as he recruits. I don't care what kind of offense or defense BC runs (or what coordinators he hires) as long as he recruits like a mofo. I don't even care if he gives radio or talk show interviews where he denigrates BC as his employer the way the Ginger coach did, provided we get the kind of players Ginger gave us. We need a salesman, not a talker or a politician.

Kinda’ naive in today’s environment, no? “Recruiting” in today’s environment means selling the kid on the program, getting him to commit, and then trying to keep him engaged throughout his tenure. Recruitment involves negotiating NIL challenges and transfer portal challenges, and other impediments that didn’t exist in the era of your favored recruiter. The competitive environment for recruitment today is a helluva’ lot more complicated than getting good players to choose your program over another based on those good, old fashioned motivations like “I felt comfortable on the campus” or “I really liked Coach A who recruited me” or “I felt like I really liked their scheme.”
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:10 pm

https://bostoncollege.rivals.com/news/c ... update--91

What is the “social climate” he’s talking about? Pretty sure BOB is Catholic and got married in BCs church.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:13 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:The only thing that matters in college football, is recruiting. We haven't had any recruiting since :toby On recruiting alone (nothing else, since his coaching was incompetence) :toby = 9 wins per year.

Kinda’ naive in today’s environment, no? “Recruiting” in today’s environment means selling the kid on the program, getting him to commit, and then trying to keep him engaged throughout his tenure. Recruitment involves negotiating NIL challenges and transfer portal challenges, and other impediments that didn’t exist in the era of your favored recruiter. The competitive environment for recruitment today is a helluva’ lot more complicated than getting good players to choose your program over another based on those good, old fashioned motivations like “I felt comfortable on the campus” or “I really liked Coach A who recruited me” or “I felt like I really liked their scheme.”

Yeah. But, so what?

Of course recruiting is harder. Of course being a great salesman means not only recruiting good players but also keeping them off the transfer portal. Of course it means navigating NIL and getting the best players paid. And of course you guys are too proud to give :toby credit for anything.

I don't give a damn what Matt Ryan was promised when he sat down with Ginger and signed on the dotted line. Fact is, Ryan was the best in the nation at his position. The best players means winning is now possible. In 2005, 2006, and 2007, BC had players that could have beaten every team on their ACC schedule. We have not been able to say that since 2007. That is because we haven't had a recruiter since :toby
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:27 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:

Not to mention we've had 11 years of diehard, recruiting head coaches with no noticeable change in talent and barely .500 football. Get someone who can coach.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:08 pm

Dunno who his source is, but Mutryn posted this:

https://twitter.com/smute1214/status/17 ... 5857771887

:shrug

Hope it's O'Brien.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:17 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:Dunno who his source is, but Mutryn posted this:

https://twitter.com/smute1214/status/17 ... 5857771887

:shrug

Hope it's O'Brien.

https://x.com/kstone06/status/1755787584196817224?s=20
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:17 pm

Feldman said BoB is the top target. AJ Black reporting that BoB is to be the next head coach.

Multiple people claiming the announcement is coming tomorrow.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:52 am

Let me be the first to congratulate HJS on nailing it
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:03 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:Let me be the first to congratulate HJS on nailing telling us he nailed it

Fixed

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium