2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:46 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Does HJS actually know ANYTHING about recruiting? or does he just like to troll?

This coming from our "recruiting guy" who didn't realize Zaire Williams previously verballed to West Virginia. Fucking just check Google once or twice before dropping your "knowledge" on us.

I knew he committed to West Virginia? When did I say I didn't? The reason he flipped was because of location. Read a book or something.

No WVU told him to look elsewhere this wasn't his choice.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Does HJS actually know ANYTHING about recruiting? or does he just like to troll?

This coming from our "recruiting guy" who didn't realize Zaire Williams previously verballed to West Virginia. Fucking just check Google once or twice before dropping your "knowledge" on us.

I knew he committed to West Virginia? When did I say I didn't? The reason he flipped was because of location. Read a book or something.

This is true.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:48 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

WVU did not tell him that they wouldn't honor his commitment. Meaning it wasn't a force out.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

WVU did not tell him that they wouldn't honor his commitment. Meaning it wasn't a force out.

they did.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

they did.

I didn't hear anything about that, but I trust your right
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:58 pm

Just find it hard that a coach would tweet this
Not a loss for us. Nothing but gains! #greatclass #gettingbetter #additionbysubtraction #WVU
If WVU told him to leave.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:00 pm

It was a douchebag move but it is what it is he was taking a shot back since the kid was trying to say he decommitted. But they definitely pulled the offer.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:06 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:It was a douchebag move but it is what it is he was taking a shot back since the kid was trying to say he decommitted. But they definitely pulled the offer.

Wow, classless
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:03 pm

A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby basselope on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank

They still go there but they go to a number of different places, plus some visit for 2 nights.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:34 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:A :ugeek: on TOS said he saw Robert Davis being hosted by Simmons. They ate at Del Frisco's. What happened to Cap Grill? Longer ride from campus but much better :skank

I can't speak for Boston, but I think Del Frisco's in NYC is better than either Capital Grill locations (though neither is top tier steakhouses in NYC).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:41 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I can't speak for Boston, but I think Del Frisco's in NYC is better than either Capital Grill locations (though neither is top tier steakhouses in NYC).

:banana :cheer :elephant :flagus :pepper2 :pickle :pontif :spaz3 :spaz2 :cheer :banana :elephant :cheer :banana :chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka :cheer :banana :flagus :elephant :pepper2 :spaz2 :spaz3

HJS POSTED AND IT'S NOT NEGATIVE!!!!!!! ALMOST.

:band :cheer :banana :elephant :spaz2 :chewbanka :banana :cheer :pepper2 :pickle :elephant :cheer :chewbanka :banana :cheer :flagus :pepper2 :pickle :chewbanka :banana :cheer :elephant
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:36 am

He put up a few pics from his visit on the twitter box. Also wrote "Ready to sign my National Letter of Intent!" after his visit. Dont know if BC locked him up or what.

I also saw an interview on youtube where he seemed to at least acknowledge his GPA/academics (and that he did well in school and it is a factor), which in comparison to the other schools competing for him (Cincy/Memphis) has to be another plus since most of the kids those schools take quite literally cant read.

https://twitter.com/RD5_
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He put up a few pics from his visit on the twitter box. Also wrote "Ready to sign my National Letter of Intent!" after his visit. Dont know if BC locked him up or what.

I also saw an interview on youtube where he seemed to at least acknowledge his GPA/academics (and that he did well in school and it is a factor), which in comparison to the other schools competing for him (Cincy/Memphis) has to be another plus since most of the kids those schools take quite literally cant read.

He eliminated Cinci, its between BC and Memphis. I think it'll be BC, heard he had a great visit
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:25 am

Looks like Pitt is out on Boyle

Last week, on the brink of signing day, with 27 pledged prospects and Chapman already enrolled, quarterbacks coach Brooks Bollinger visited three-star Tim Boyle of Middletown, Conn., according to his coach Sean Marinan.

Nothing came of it, because Pitt couldn't promise a scholarship to Boyle, who verbally committed to Boston College before the Eagles changed coaches.

“I don't think they have anything available for him,” said Marinan, who added Oregon remains interested.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/college/ncaa ... z2JqWUaKG4
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook
bruisertm
n00b

Postby joeyfenn on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:33 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He eliminated Cinci, its between BC and Memphis. I think it'll be BC, heard he had a great visit

Lots on the twitter machine. BC loves to dress kids up in the uniforms and gloves to get them in that mindset. Kids love to post pictures of it. I think RD5 is ours
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Can we expect any announcements before NSD?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:47 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Can we expect any announcements before NSD?

He said he will announce on national signing day
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:48 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

I wasnt impressed with DelFriscos in NYC, pretty room and good location, but didnt do it for me. Never been to CG. Capital Grille seems to be higher rated in Boston, but I love DelFrisco's full name: Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 pm

Boyle just commited to UConn via his Twitter
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby footer20 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:54 pm

thebigskinny31 {l Wrote}:Boyle just commited to UConn via his Twitter

Fuck errrrrrrrybody from BC
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:12 pm

This sucks, Cant say I blame him tho. Dont really get going to yukon. If I were in his shoes, I would prep somewhere for a year and go to an actual D1 school since it seemed like alot of his real options were limited due to class size and how late it was in the process.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:18 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Can we expect any announcements before NSD?

He said he will announce on national signing day

That's Davis, but is there anyone else?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:58 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

This sucks, Cant say I blame him tho. Dont really get going to yukon. If I were in his shoes, I would prep somewhere for a year and go to an actual D1 school since it seemed like alot of his real options were limited due to class size and how late it was in the process.

The fact that he committed to UCONN, a team in a terrible, unstable conference, and with a tenuous coaching situation speaks volumes. The Dazzler just pushed away one of our highest rated committed recruits. This blowhard is a fucking douchebag.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:45 pm

Boyle was our best recruit!
I think that the UConn recruit class of 2013 is much better than the 2013 coming to BC.
Thus far, not a single offensive lineman in the class!

Next big question: Who will transfer???????
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby NJM89 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 am

Wouldn't count on Davis committing since he has tweets out to a Memphis commit saying that hes ready to sign his LOI. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get him
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:12 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

The fact that he committed to UCONN, a team in a terrible, unstable conference, and with a tenuous coaching situation speaks volumes. The Dazzler just pushed away one of our highest rated committed recruits. This blowhard is a fucking douchebag.

But... The Dazzler convinced a roomful of whalepants that he would be happy with a QB like Boyle.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:14 am

NJM89 {l Wrote}:Wouldn't count on Davis committing since he has tweets out to a Memphis commit saying that hes ready to sign his LOI. At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get him

That's not true... is it? How can people be reading his twitter account and just ignore that so they can say he's ours?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:33 am

That's not how it went Davis just tweeted that he was ready to sign his LOI and a Memphis commit tweeted at him saying he was ready too. Wouldn't look into that at all.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:56 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Depends on why you are going. Capital Grille has better food. The Boston Del Frisco's is a scene.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium