2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:14 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Can you guys please just stop! You are boring 9903. As he has explained, he is a MUCH better fan than all of us.

How big is the pile of tissues next to your laptop right now? I hope you don't run out of hand cream.

I imagine he looks something like this. It's amazing how much joy HJS takes in stuff like this.

Since he has a mustache, I'm pretty sure that image is of Daz finding out that he can tell Boyle to take his arm elsewhere now that Walsh verballed. The idea of being stuck with a QB who could throw was clearly weighing so mightily on Dazoo's mind he couldn't bring himself to hiring the rest of his staff.

No. It is a reference to your orgasmic joy of BC's plight. No matter how you try to spin it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Iggle on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:16 pm

Obviously losing Boyle (if we do...) is not a good thing, but we're not losing a 5* savior of the program QB, so perspective, please. This 2013 class is going to haunt BC in the future even with Boyle.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:No. It is a reference to your orgasmic joy of BC's plight. No matter how you try to spin it.

You mean it's my orgasmic joy in being proven right.

You don't like the I-told-you-so feel to my posts, blame Daziani for proving me insufferably correct. You wouldn't have to deal with this if Dazoo didn't lose Spaz's best recruits or if he was able to poach a few big time prospects.

Again, Daziani wasnt hired for his shitty offense... he was hired, in part, because he was an ace recruiter. His strength has proven his weakness. Like it or not, the universal opinion of nearly the entire BC fan base is being proven correct.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:No. It is a reference to your orgasmic joy of BC's plight. No matter how you try to spin it.

You don't like the I-told-you-so feel to my posts, blame Daziani for proving me insufferably correct. You wouldn't have to deal with this if Dazoo didn't lose Spaz's best recruits or if he was able to poach a few big time prospects.

Again, Daziani wasnt hired for his shitty offense... he was hired, in part, because he was an ace recruiter. His strength has proven his weakness. Like it or not, the universal opinion of nearly the entire BC fan base is being proven correct.

IF (a big if) Daziani cant cut it on the recruiting trail the apathy is going to continue from me...because i was banking on turning into clemson 0.1, in the sense that we had decent players get us to a decent win number, but awful in game coaching that prevented us from ever being more. i thought that was what we were signing up for.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

HJS {l Wrote}: Like it or not, the universal opinion of nearly the entire BC fan base is being proven correct.

First, congratulations. You somehow managed to be both redundant and self-contradictory in the span of six words - a feat to which only a UConn grad could aspire. Wonders abound.

More to the point, however, if this is correct, why are you wasting so much virtual ink claiming to have been first and alone in holding your particular opinion? If everyone agrees, there is no one to whom to direct your I-told-you-sos.

TL;DR: Shut the fuck up, HJS. You're an idiot, a clown and a bore.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:50 pm

I get giving Daz a chance but I find it hard to believe that anyone can try to spin losing Boyle as anything but a bad sign. Boyle is all about BC and clearly doesn't mind signing up for a system that's maybe not ideal. Despite that, it sounds like Daz isn't even willing to give him a fair shake.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm

As far as I can tell Addazio wants Boyle but is being straight up with him telling him the system he wants to run in the future and Boyle has concerns with it. There is no trying to nudge him out here that's ridiculous and beyond stupid. Regardless of the fact I think Lowrie is the best QB in our class and I have for a while losing Boyle isn't a good thing.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:36 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

I'm glad you can already deem him a bigger failure Spaz before he has coached a practice. And I'm bemused that you are quite happy about this.

Now go back to your computer room and clean up all the ectoplasm that is covering the floors, walls and ceiling. That shit gets crusty.
Last edited by flyingelvii on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:39 am

31southst {l Wrote}:I get giving Daz a chance but I find it hard to believe that anyone can try to spin losing Boyle as anything but a bad sign. Boyle is all about BC and clearly doesn't mind signing up for a system that's maybe not ideal. Despite that, it sounds like Daz isn't even willing to give him a fair shake.

I don't think anyone's saying it's a good sign. It only looks like that because a poster on here is gloating and basking in the potential weakening of our program for some reason. Which is confusing on numerous levels.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:Looks like Daz told Boyle he wouldn't be seeing much time. Lowrie is the better athlete, could have his position switched if it doesn't work out.

Boyle: "I chose BC for reasons other than football. But I've just decided to look at some other options to make sure I'm making the right decision."

Smart kid. Too soon for a fire Daz thread?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:26 am

Boyle ran the spread in HS. He did the read-option. He was constantly in shotgun. The difference is that his version of the spread called for the QB to be able to pass (similar to the spreads run by Oregon and Chip Kelly). That is why schools like Oregon want him.

Whereas Daz's spread is more like USMA's. People were trying to allay concerns by saying that Temple didn't throw because they Didn't have a QB who could throw (instead it was a RB playing the position). It seems crystal clear to me that that is EXACTLY what Dazoo plans for us. I think if Daz was hired over Jags, he would have started Chris Crane. I think if Bordner was a better runner, he would be playing over Rettig next year. I think that Daz telling Boyle to find another school is not-unlike what TOB did to RussWill... but just did it 4years earlier.

Good luck to Boyle. I hope he becomes a star and makes a run at the NFL. He chose BC for all the right reasons, but it seems that the football program no longer has the need for the forward pass. I'm glad he isn't wasting his talents on the bench waiting for Daz to be fired (which seems more and more likely to be the resolution of this mistake).
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Smart kid. Too soon for a fire Daz thread?

You are boring everyone.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:We need a smilie to insert whenever the Dazzler strikes....I don't know if clownshoes does it anymore.

take this, recruiting weird0s

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:04 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Smart kid. Too soon for a fire Daz thread?

You are boring everyone.

Congratulations on your sub-Rey Ordonez batting average accuracy percentage though. I wish Boyle wasn't leaving. I hope in the long run there is some justification for this other than incompetence.
Last edited by eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:11 am

You can cut the sexual tension with a knife in this thread. I just hope you two remember that it usually all goes down hill when the two sparring partners finally hook up. Try to handle this like Cheers did.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:You can cut the sexual tension with a knife in this thread. I just hope you two remember that it usually all goes down hill when the two sparring partners finally hook up. Try to handle this like Cheers did.

:whammy
Last edited by eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:29 am

this thread needs a nuclear enema...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:59 am

hansen {l Wrote}:this thread needs a nuclear enema...

no, we need signing day to come and go so that the tard train can leave this station and set its sights on sucking up the 2014 thread.

CHOO-CHOO
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Too soon for a fire Daz thread?

Well... whenever that time does come, Florida fans have given us a ton to work with.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/gator_cl ... ekend.html
http://www.firesteveaddazio.com/
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 am

I love the fact that everyone is ignoring the colossal disaster that is the new administration thus far simply because they hate HJS. Shit is priceless.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I love the fact that everyone is ignoring the colossal disaster that is the new administration thus far simply because they hate HJS. Shit is priceless.

Is that what you see happening?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I love the fact that everyone is ignoring the colossal disaster that is the new administration thus far simply because they hate HJS. Shit is priceless.

HJS' schtick has a propensity for turning everyone into a redundant contrarian. When he is pointing out that Daz is a colossal and unmitigated disaster that wants to turn the offense into that of a service academy, that makes everyone by definition an annoying Pollyana.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:14 am

Look, I hate HJS just as much as the next guy, but trading Boyle for Walsh is a disaster.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Look, I hate HJS just as much as the next guy, but trading Boyle for Walsh is a disaster.

Bingo.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

HJS' schtick has a propensity for turning everyone into a redundant contrarian. When he is pointing out that Daz is a colossal and unmitigated disaster that wants to turn the offense into that of a service academy, that makes everyone by definition an annoying Pollyana.

So everyone else is redundant, not HJS? That's a pretty unique view of cause and effect.

You also employ an interesting framing of not liking the Addazio hire but not being immediately ready to declare the Addazio hire worse than Spaz before the first signing day as pollyannish.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am

In the last 20 years, BC does best when we have a big o-line, accurate pocket passer with good RB and TEs. Tressel would have been what the Dr ordered. Daz has a chance to change that image and maybe steal games with a gimmicky offense but you need to recruit speed for it, something I havent see in the heights since Jet "Screw Reggie Bush" Smith.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:27 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

So everyone else is redundant, not HJS? That's a pretty unique view of cause and effect.

You also employ an interesting framing of not liking the Addazio hire but not being immediately ready to declare the Addazio hire worse than Spaz before the first signing day as pollyannish.

I though HJS' redundancy was implicit. Sorry to be so opaque.

I also thought think that your simplistic characterization of my characterization is not worth my time.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:Looks like Daz told Boyle he wouldn't be seeing much time. Lowrie is the better athlete, could have his position switched if it doesn't work out.

SERIOUSLY? Daz told Boyle, our BEST recruit who loved the school and committed despite having Nap Time for a head coach, that he wouldn't see much time? Is Daz insane, or just so full of himself and his ability after rocking a 4-7 record? Where the hell is Day in all of this? Is the Golden Child of Chip Kelly okay with Sgt Slaughter losing all the offensive talent we had coming in? Daniels...Monteroso...Boyle...

If there is someone that shouldn't see much time, it should be the jackass head coach and the idiot AD that hired him.

Not confirmed, but apparently Lowrie may switch to safety, Daz is definitely serious about switching over to his stretch option-type offense. That makes Border most likely to replace Chase after next season.

Yet fucking Oregon is interested in Boyle after he told fucking Florida he wasn't interested.

Let's just fucking be honest for once... Daz has fucked up.

Calm the fuck down. Admittedly, Addazio has yet to impress me with his recruiting, but at the same time he has had a very small window to recruit for BC in the 2013 class. Hopefully Boyle stays. Given how dire our QB situation will be post-Rettig, BC would probably give him as much of an opportunity as any school to take snaps. However, the 2014 class is the real test. Based on his recruiting over the past several years as well as his energy level and ability to sell the program, I am convinced Addazio will bring in a very good class. I also believe Addazio has done an excellent job assembling his staff...and I am confused exactly how people could say otherwise.

Also, Florida didn't want Boyle. Florida basically told him that they had players higher on the list, and had to wait before being committing.

Pollyana, Exhibit A.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:Look, I hate HJS just as much as the next guy, but trading Boyle for Walsh is a disaster.

Bingo.

I don't know dick about whether Boyle ran a passing-oritented spread offense in high school, BUT, if that is the case, it is a huge fuck up to offend him out the door/run him off. There's no doubt that BC needs to get more modern in its schemes on both sides of the football and incorporating aspects of the spread is basically a "must" in football at the college level at this point. However, it seems to me that the process of modernizing, BC football could respect the traditional pro-style attack that has been one of the program's strongest selling points to OL and QB's by running an offense that brings in spread aspects but still includes, or emphasizes, downfield passing. That does not seem to be what the Dazzler has in mind. If Walsh or some other recruit turns out to be Colin Kaepernick 2.0, then I'll happily eat crow, but this looks like a shit show.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

SERIOUSLY? Daz told Boyle, our BEST recruit who loved the school and committed despite having Nap Time for a head coach, that he wouldn't see much time? Is Daz insane, or just so full of himself and his ability after rocking a 4-7 record? Where the hell is Day in all of this? Is the Golden Child of Chip Kelly okay with Sgt Slaughter losing all the offensive talent we had coming in? Daniels...Monteroso...Boyle...

If there is someone that shouldn't see much time, it should be the jackass head coach and the idiot AD that hired him.

Not confirmed, but apparently Lowrie may switch to safety, Daz is definitely serious about switching over to his stretch option-type offense. That makes Border most likely to replace Chase after next season.

Yet fucking Oregon is interested in Boyle after he told fucking Florida he wasn't interested.

Let's just fucking be honest for once... Daz has fucked up.

Calm the fuck down. Admittedly, Addazio has yet to impress me with his recruiting, but at the same time he has had a very small window to recruit for BC in the 2013 class. Hopefully Boyle stays. Given how dire our QB situation will be post-Rettig, BC would probably give him as much of an opportunity as any school to take snaps. However, the 2014 class is the real test. Based on his recruiting over the past several years as well as his energy level and ability to sell the program, I am convinced Addazio will bring in a very good class. I also believe Addazio has done an excellent job assembling his staff...and I am confused exactly how people could say otherwise.

Also, Florida didn't want Boyle. Florida basically told him that they had players higher on the list, and had to wait before being committing.

Pollyana, Exhibit A.

Im pretty sure Mattheagle was a pollyanna before the Addazio hire and probably long before he ever encountered an HJS post.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium