2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Shaddix on Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:46 pm

BCWomp {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:I can't remember if this has been discussed but apparently Big Al is really getting at it on the recruiting trail (which should come as no surprise). It really goes to show what having some young/hungry staffers can do. He's also uniquely positioned to sell BC, which helps too. Even with a wholesale house cleaning hopefully coming after this season, there will inevitably be a couple staffers that stay on with the new staff. Putting aside what Don Gene demands of the next coach, Al seems like he's doing a good job positioning himself to be one of them.

Where is Al recruiting? I know siravo has a lot of CT and Virginia and Desai has FL of lockdown

Seems like he's mid-atlantic, especially MD and VA

That's pretty good. Maryland isn't exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment. Do you know of any recruits Washington is recruiting specifically?

So much for Maryland not "firing on all cylanders". They just picked up commits from 2 4-star local guys from DC. Both had upwards of 20 high profile offers. You have to remember that te brought in Mike Locksley as their DC and he is a major recruiting guru in the mid-atlantic. He was actually getting guys from MD and DC to commit to the horrendous New Mexico program while he was HC. His contract actually offers bonuses if MD is in the top 25 on Rivals or Scout. This will likely lead to other local guys from MD and DC gravitating to Maryland.

I definitely wasn't talking about recruiting, on field-wise though, they are a mess. The Danny O'Brien situation didn't get things off to a good start for next year either.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Tevin Montgomery will release his top 4 soon and BC is a lock to make it. Montgomery is a must get at DT but then again so was Hurst.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCWomp {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:I can't remember if this has been discussed but apparently Big Al is really getting at it on the recruiting trail (which should come as no surprise). It really goes to show what having some young/hungry staffers can do. He's also uniquely positioned to sell BC, which helps too. Even with a wholesale house cleaning hopefully coming after this season, there will inevitably be a couple staffers that stay on with the new staff. Putting aside what Don Gene demands of the next coach, Al seems like he's doing a good job positioning himself to be one of them.

Where is Al recruiting? I know siravo has a lot of CT and Virginia and Desai has FL of lockdown

Seems like he's mid-atlantic, especially MD and VA

That's pretty good. Maryland isn't exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment. Do you know of any recruits Washington is recruiting specifically?

So much for Maryland not "firing on all cylanders". They just picked up commits from 2 4-star local guys from DC. Both had upwards of 20 high profile offers. You have to remember that te brought in Mike Locksley as their DC and he is a major recruiting guru in the mid-atlantic. He was actually getting guys from MD and DC to commit to the horrendous New Mexico program while he was HC. His contract actually offers bonuses if MD is in the top 25 on Rivals or Scout. This will likely lead to other local guys from MD and DC gravitating to Maryland.

I definitely wasn't talking about recruiting, on field-wise though, they are a mess. The Danny O'Brien situation didn't get things off to a good start for next year either.

Locksley's a dirty recruiter, so trust that whatever gains Maryland makes will be offset when the go on probation in a few years.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm

RB Rachid Ibrahim (MD) puts BC at the top of his list. His other offers are Iowa, Ohio, and ECU. He's being recruited by Al Washington.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCWomp on Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:25 pm

We can breath a little easier with Boyle as a QB commit as Florida just picked up their QB for the class. They ended up with the Staver kid from Tennessee. Was a 3-star but will likely end up at 4.
BCWomp
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:03 pm

The Eagles have been involved in his recruitment for a long time and Jasudowich said he really likes a lot about the Boston College program.

"BC is definitely standing out to me," Jasudowich said. "I'm going to see what happens with Penn State, Maryland, Temple and everybody and keep those options open and I'll decide from there.

"BC is definitely on the top of my list right now. The moment I got to that campus I fell in love with it and the coaches are unbelievable and I can picture myself at that school. I'm still going to wait it out a few more days and then decide."

Jasudowich, rated as the fourth-best prospect in the Connecticut state rankings, went to Penn State's camp this past weekend and he's planning trips to Maryland, Temple and Villanova in the coming days.

Cory Jasudowich
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:09 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
The Eagles have been involved in his recruitment for a long time and Jasudowich said he really likes a lot about the Boston College program.

"BC is definitely standing out to me," Jasudowich said. "I'm going to see what happens with Penn State, Maryland, Temple and everybody and keep those options open and I'll decide from there.

"BC is definitely on the top of my list right now. The moment I got to that campus I fell in love with it and the coaches are unbelievable and I can picture myself at that school. I'm still going to wait it out a few more days and then decide."

Jasudowich, rated as the fourth-best prospect in the Connecticut state rankings, went to Penn State's camp this past weekend and he's planning trips to Maryland, Temple and Villanova in the coming days.

Cory Jasudowich

Given that he doesn't have a ton of other offers and that BC has a number of other good names at this position, it wouldn't surprise me if BC tried to squeeze a commit out of him soon.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Cory Jasudowich

Given that he doesn't have a ton of other offers and that BC has a number of other good names at this position, it wouldn't surprise me if BC tried to squeeze a commit out of him soon.

That article said that a commitment could be coming in the next few days, so your right on there
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Cory Jasudowich

Timestamp this bitch. HGAW.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:22 pm

This class is starting to come around. Nice pick up by the Eagles today.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:25 pm

Another very good commitment. The fact that this class is still being salvaged goes to show 1) the extent to which BC can sell itself and 2) how good our class could have been with a new head coach such as BOB. That said, we'll see if all the guys we get this summer stick through signing day.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:28 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Another very good commitment. The fact that this class is still being salvaged goes to show 1) the extent to which BC can sell itself and 2) how good our class could have been with a new head coach such as BOB. That said, we'll see if all the guys we get this summer stick through signing day.

I attribute some of it to the overhaul to the staff.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:34 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Another very good commitment. The fact that this class is still being salvaged goes to show 1) the extent to which BC can sell itself and 2) how good our class could have been with a new head coach such as BOB. That said, we'll see if all the guys we get this summer stick through signing day.

Isn't CT Siravo?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Yes
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:41 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

I think it is. To Nick's point, I think the staff changes could pay off with some guys (it seems like Big Al is making good inroads with some of the Maryland guys and Desai with Florida), but I don't think it has yet. Also, while Gene/Spaz get credit for hiring young and hungry guys over retreads, let's not pretend that the staff changes were part of a grand Spaz scheme to step up recruiting.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:45 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

I wasn't assessing credit for this commit specifically. I was just pondering the fact that we haven't really seen a drop-off in recruiting from last year, which I would have expected. I think was the big-picture observation that 31 was making.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:59 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

I wasn't assessing credit for this commit specifically. I was just pondering the fact that we haven't really seen a drop-off in recruiting from last year, which I would have expected. I think was the big-picture observation that 31 was making.

I was expecting a drop off from last year too. I thought this was going to be a year of all Marscovetra/Rositano type offer lists. Is suspect staff turnover makes as much sense as anything else as to why not.

Doesn't it seem strange that none of the guys being talked as likely commits about are from either NJ or Ohio?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:00 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

I was expecting a drop off from last year too. I thought this was going to be a year of all Marscovetra/Rositano type offer lists. Is suspect staff turnover makes as much sense as anything else as to why not.

Doesn't it seem strange that none of the guys being talked as likely commits about are from either NJ or Ohio?

Or Mass
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Or Mass

Exactly - think about our current class with Hurst, Montgomery, McDonald, and Montelus and it could be one of the better ones in recent BC history. That said, our class tend to always finish in the same general range and I'd imagine it will this year as well. Probably a strong start, a slow down during the season (similar to last year), and some churn at the end with a new staff.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:09 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Or Mass

Mass they have the QB and Montgomery and McDonald could(maybe) still happen.

In NJ, they've offered Marcell Lazard (WVU),Jarred Alwan, Rashad Kinlaw, Corey Clement, Ishmael Hyman, Charles Callinan, Garrett Sickels(PSU), Brandon Bell (PSU), Dorian Miller, Ricky Jeune, Al-Rasheed Benton, Kyle Queiro, Hunter Knighton, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Brendan Mahon(PSU), Myles Nash, Dajaun Drennon, Brad Henson, Eli Woodard(Ohio State), Buddy Brown. I think I've read they have a chance with Callinan and Henson maybe?

In Ohio they've offered a bunch of people to, I think there's a chance at Godwin Igwebuike and maybe Trey Kilgore?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Or Mass

In NJ, they've offered Marcell Lazard (WVU),Jarred Alwan, Rashad Kinlaw, Corey Clement, Ishmael Hyman, Charles Callinan, Garrett Sickels(PSU), Brandon Bell (PSU), Dorian Miller, Ricky Jeune, Al-Rasheed Benton, Kyle Queiro, Hunter Knighton, Al-Quadin Muhammad, Brendan Mahon(PSU), Myles Nash, Dajaun Drennon, Brad Henson, Eli Woodard(Ohio State), Buddy Brown. I think I've read they have a chance with Callinan and Henson maybe?

In Ohio they've offered a bunch of people to, I think there's a chance at Godwin Igwebuike and maybe Trey Kilgore?

They are clearly targeting different territory this year. Top Mass talent is usually strong and NJ talent is very strong, but BC is targeting places like CT, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida where they can pick the mid-level talent much easier than struggling to get the high level talent they usually go after. I don't mind this strategy as long as Spaz is the coach.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:18 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Or Mass

They are clearly targeting different territory this year. Top Mass talent is usually strong and NJ talent is very strong, but BC is targeting places like CT, Maryland, Virginia, and Florida where they can pick the mid-level talent much easier than struggling to get the high level talent they usually go after. I don't mind this strategy as long as Spaz is the coach.

I don't know if they are allocating resources differently or just having different luck? It's hard to tell. They still have a lot of offers in NJ and Ohio and the usual amount in MA.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:22 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't CT Siravo?

Or Mass

They aren't going to get McDonald IMO think he is going to UVA. We should get Montgomery though and I wouldn't mind an offer to Sha-Ki Holines been hearing good things all spring about him I heard UCONN and UMASS offered recently.

On the NJ kids we are out on Henson. Callinan is planning an overnight visit soon. We are in the mix for Knighton and Queiro as well. Benton is going to PSU. Clement and Kinlaw are committed to PITT and ND respectively. Hyman seems to want bigger offers and if not I think he goes to RU. Miller is RU or SEC IMO. Muhammad will end up somehwere big ND is a guess at this point. Nash is WVU and I don't know where Drennon is going iirc he got turned away by a couple schools. Brown is probably PSU or RU as well.

In OH, Igwebuike has moved on once he got other offers. We are running 3rd for Kilgore behind MSU and Iowa but he is planning on visiting his top 4 in the next 2 weeks then making a choice. Darron Lee is ours as long as OSU doesn't over(he was awesome at OSU's camp recently only other guy on his level was 5 star S Vonn Bell). Dan Monteroso should visit at some point. Solomon Warfield(Sam Grant's ex teammate) is talking about a visit who knows if he will alot of good offers for him. And I would assume Elijah Bell still is looking at BC.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I get the impression that Henson is a goner (SEC/south) but that Callinan will follow Giacone (and I wouldnt mind them offering Shane Huber either if it helps, as I believe St Peters has a big time RB coming out next year)

Its really amazing how this staff is absolutley destroying Connecticut but cant do anything in Massachusetts, really says alot about what recruits think of the puppies I guess (they just lost a commit who flipped to Temple too)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:34 pm

I take this with a huge grain of salt but someone on EA commented a few days ago that they saw Hurst on campus during one of the recent camps. I have no idea if this is true and, if so, I assume it doesn't mean anything, but you never know. I really do get the sense Hurst wants to go to BC but doesn't want to play on an awful team for four years, so I do think there's at least a greater than 0% chance that a big year under Spaz or (much more likely) a dynamic hire could flip him.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:10 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:I take this with a huge grain of salt but someone on EA commented a few days ago that they saw Hurst on campus during one of the recent camps. I have no idea if this is true and, if so, I assume it doesn't mean anything, but you never know. I really do get the sense Hurst wants to go to BC but doesn't want to play on an awful team for four years, so I do think there's at least a greater than 0% chance that a big year under Spaz or (much more likely) a dynamic hire could flip him.

Just a guess but I think a good hire (Greg Roman) can flip Hurst and Montelus. The fear is D. Fillipo is allowed to do one more "national search" and hires some clownshoes coach like Dave Clawson. Time will tell.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:I take this with a huge grain of salt but someone on EA commented a few days ago that they saw Hurst on campus during one of the recent camps. I have no idea if this is true and, if so, I assume it doesn't mean anything, but you never know. I really do get the sense Hurst wants to go to BC but doesn't want to play on an awful team for four years, so I do think there's at least a greater than 0% chance that a big year under Spaz or (much more likely) a dynamic hire could flip him.

Just a guess but I think a good hire (Greg Roman) can flip Hurst and Montelus. The fear is D. Fillipo is allowed to do one more "national search" and hires some clownshoes coach like Dave Clawson. Time will tell.

Dave Clawson would smoke Spaz is a coaching competition...I wouldn't complain
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Ugh no Dave Clawson.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Ugh no Dave Clawson.

My point being that you can't get worse than what we have, so be grateful no matter who the choice is.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:22 pm

Al Washington posted on FB that BC now has 7 commits. Could mean another player committed, maybe Morrison?
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium