2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby plcatalano on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:37 pm

Sorry if this info has been posted somewhere, but besides Donnie White, who else is visiting this weekend? Thanks.
plcatalano
n00b

Postby 31southst on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

plcatalano {l Wrote}:Sorry if this info has been posted somewhere, but besides Donnie White, who else is visiting this weekend? Thanks.

I think White and Rachid Ibrahim are the only senior non-committed visitors, both of whom would be solid commitments. A handful of juniors will be there too.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby plcatalano on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks. Donnie White would be a huge pickup in my opinion.
plcatalano
n00b

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:01 pm

David Coggins says buh-bye to BC and has decommitted.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:29 pm

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:David Coggins says buh-bye to BC and has decommitted.

I fully expect there will be a few (or more) more.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/18735/recruiting-notes-coggins-de-commits-from-bc

Opens spot for dionte taylor assuming the staff hasn't totally butchered that one yet. This is kinda strange. He had no other offers of note, now he wants to see what happens after the season after almost getting busted for a fairly serious incident ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:36 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/18735/recruiting-notes-coggins-de-commits-from-bc

Opens spot for dionte taylor assuming the staff hasn't totally butchered that one yet. This is kinda strange. He had no other offers of note, now he wants to see what happens after the season after almost getting busted for a fairly serious incident ?

He claims to have offers from Illinois and Temple (yes we could potentially be at the point where we lose not only our all time rushing leader and an assistant coach but also a recruit to Temple), but its certainly not impossible there is more too it.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He claims to have offers from Illinois and Temple (yes we could potentially be at the point where we lose not only our all time rushing leader and an assistant coach but also a recruit to Temple), but its certainly not impossible there is more too it.

It says he has interest from Illinois and Temple but his only other offer looks to be Central Connecticut State. Someone on EA had a good theory on this - he committed when it looked like he would be ineligible for this year (e.g., not get any other offers) and now that he's able to play, he wants to look around.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:57 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

It says he has interest from Illinois and Temple but his only other offer looks to be Central Connecticut State. Someone on EA had a good theory on this - he committed when it looked like he would be ineligible for this year (e.g., not get any other offers) and now that he's able to play, he wants to look around.

He could be playing with fire, if there are no other extenuating circumstances.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:22 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I think he committed before all of that stuff happened.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 pm

I'm SO tired of these punk WR's from CT. Shak was certainly a real prize.

If I'm BC I call this kid and say, "Thanks. You no longer have a committable offer here. Enjoy Central CT State - if they'll have you."

The bottom line is that this kid has more baggage than the titanic. He's damaged goods, he's already on the take, and he's not even an actual D1 recruit. Wonder how many handouts this thing and his family would be looking for if he were actually a hot commodity?

No thanks.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I'm SO tired of these punk WR's from CT. Shak was certainly a real prize.

If I'm BC I call this kid and say, "Thanks. You no longer have a committable offer here. Enjoy Central CT State - if they'll have you."

The bottom line is that this kid has more baggage than the titanic. He's damaged goods, he's already on the take, and he's not even an actual D1 recruit. Wonder how many handouts this thing and his family would be looking for if he were actually a hot commodity?

No thanks.

Shak was from NJ, but I actually agree with this. I would take this offer off the table and hopefully make a final press for Dionte Taylor. Also, because of the total lack of transparency around this program, none of have any clue what happened. It is conceivable that BC said they didn't want to be associated with him because of the shady dealings of his personal life and gave him the opportunity to "decommit" to save face. There are way to many variables in this kids back story to think that he would just decommit because he received a piece of mail and a call from FHCRD or someone from Illinois.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

And zero fucks were given.

One of several in this "recruiting class" that the new coach was going to have to either pull the plug on or have him eat up a scholly for 4 years without any ROI.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:07 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:I'm SO tired of these punk WR's from CT. Shak was certainly a real prize.

No thanks.

Coggins has more baggage than the Titanic and BC football is sinking faster than the Titantic. They are a match made in heaven.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCHerbert on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 pm

Taylo, White, Ibrahim and any other halfway decent prospect will not commit to BC. We'll have to wait to see who replaces Spaz and then maybe a few kids with BCS offers will take us seriously.
BCHerbert
McGuinn Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:41 am

BCHerbert {l Wrote}:

No thanks.

Coggins has more baggage than the Titanic and BC football is sinking faster than the Titantic. They are a match made in heaven.

Wait, then who is Bruce Ismay? Spaz? Coggins? Gene? Not sure, but someone should be in stinging cold ass water over this. I guess it has to be Gene. Only he would sink the fucking boat, take a seat from a kid/broad and then appoint himself to the hall of fame. If we get a new poster at some point after 10/1 who goes by Bruce Ismay, we'll know what's up. That would be fun.

I always think Shak is from CT, I guess because he ended up there.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:00 am

Taylor will actually be making his visit to BC this weekend after all.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:49 am

No thanks.

How can you blame anyone who doesn't want to play for Frank Spaziani.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Fire Spaz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:01 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

No thanks.

How can you blame anyone who doesn't want to play for Frank Spaziani.

For any amount of money!
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:06 am

No thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the offer (he sounds like a nogoodnik) and I would rather get Taylor anyway.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

No thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we pulled the offer (he sounds like a nogoodnik) and I would rather get Taylor anyway.

Agreed and we're also already taking a ton of WR's after taking 3 (counting Grant) last year.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

No thanks.

CONFIRMED by JRowland.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:21 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

No thanks.

CONFIRMED by JRowland.

Well, that certainly makes it true. On the real though, I do believe it. Makes sense. More importantly though - fuck Rowland. Little bitch.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:18 pm

Initial recruit reaction from #BCEagles visitors this weekend is very positive. Two key targets could decide soon. #wearebc #premiumboard

Rowland
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Initial recruit reaction from #BCEagles visitors this weekend is very positive. Two key targets could decide soon. #wearebc #premiumboard

Rowland

Can anyone post what he wrote on the prem board ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Rowland

Can anyone post what he wrote on the prem board ?

Twitter is making it look like Dione Taylor will commit to BC soon.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Initial reaction from recruit visitors I talked to today is very positive. I have not reached Ibrahim yet but Dionte Taylor sounds about ready to decide (will play game Thursday, then talk things over with family; trip seemed to ease mom's concerns about distance/unknown area), and Donnie White Jr. has totally narrowed his focus to Tulsa and BC, with the only difference in his mind being BC isn't just private but also Jesuit, which he's familiar with.

Good to hear. Taylor would immediately be a top 3 recruit in this class in terms of other offers, and White would be a very solid DL addition. Also, I'm sure that there will be a shuffle when Spaz is finally canned, but I have to imagine recruits understand the situation they're committing to and hopefully would stay committed (unlike the Jags firing which was totally out of the blue).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:07 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
Initial reaction from recruit visitors I talked to today is very positive. I have not reached Ibrahim yet but Dionte Taylor sounds about ready to decide (will play game Thursday, then talk things over with family; trip seemed to ease mom's concerns about distance/unknown area), and Donnie White Jr. has totally narrowed his focus to Tulsa and BC, with the only difference in his mind being BC isn't just private but also Jesuit, which he's familiar with.

Good to hear. Taylor would immediately be a top 3 recruit in this class in terms of other offers, and White would be a very solid DL addition. Also, I'm sure that there will be a shuffle when Spaz is finally canned, but I have to imagine recruits understand the situation they're committing to and hopefully would stay committed (unlike the Jags firing which was totally out of the blue).

This is very encouraging. I think in the end, with whatever happened to Coggins (ie actually decommited or had offer pulled), its going to end up being a plus. I still think they would have taken Taylor with Coggins still on board, but this works out as to basically flip Coggins for a better receiver and keep a spot for a position of higher need (ie DL or DB).

Did Rowland say anything about Montgommery or is he just down to 3 and waiting at this point ?
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCChris15 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:16 pm

http://bostoncollege.247sports.com/

Recruit reactions, visitor list and commit tracker at that link for those interested. - Chris
BCChris15
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 am

They were all at Capital Grill on Rt. 9 post game. I didn't see Spaz but I assume he was there, probably snuck in the backdoor.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext