2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Damn Twitter machine and all of its inaccurate info.

That said, for someone who doesn't know the first thing about social media, I did a better job than our "recruiting guy" in understanding what RD5 was saying on his twitter machine.

The only "recruiting guy" on here is 24.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:

That said, for someone who doesn't know the first thing about social media, I did a better job than our "recruiting guy" in understanding what RD5 was saying on his twitter machine.

You might be smarter than Shaddix.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

The only "recruiting guy" on here is 24.

Shaddix is as well, just ask him. He has the Twitter machine too.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:43 pm

Patchan is eligible immediately. Also terrible close to this class I think 2014 will be very good but horrendous end to 2013.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:06 pm

The problem with Patchem is that he only has one year. The good thing is that he will start. The bad thing is that he will probably be our best lineman.

Daz may not like it but I will be expecting a top 37 class next year.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:09 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The problem with Patchem is that he only has one year. The good thing is that he will start. The bad thing is that he will probably be our best lineman.

He'll need a top25 class to make up for this year.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:14 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:The problem with Patchem is that he only has one year. The good thing is that he will start. The bad thing is that he will probably be our best lineman.

He'll have enough schollies to hand out to get into the Top 25, but my benchmark will be for the team to be ranked in the Top 32 on Rivals.

As for Patcham... he is a good fit for what should be a run to 8-wins... which will definitely put a Top 25 class well within reach.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:23 pm

I guess he's been hurt pretty much his whole career, including suffering an accidental gunshot wound at one point. Hopefully he's healthy this year finally.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

I guess he's been hurt pretty much his whole career, including suffering an accidental gunshot wound at one point. Hopefully he's healthy this year finally.

Is he related to Plaxico?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Patchan is eligible immediately. Also terrible close to this class I think 2014 will be very good but horrendous end to 2013.

As someone who follows it closely, did Daz basically not even try on this class and immediately go to 2014? That's what it looks like to me but I don't know if there was more going on than I realize.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:32 pm

Where on his body was he shot?
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:38 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Patchan is eligible immediately. Also terrible close to this class I think 2014 will be very good but horrendous end to 2013.

As someone who follows it closely, did Daz basically not even try on this class and immediately go to 2014? That's what it looks like to me but I don't know if there was more going on than I realize.

I've wondered that too. However, we did make runs at kids and had coaches waste time with in-homes and on-campus visits. So, I'm not really sure what to think. The new coaches at Purdue and NCS had some late success... so I'd be surprised if he didn't try doing the same. I thought in one of the interviews he gave right after being hired, he mentioned that he was heading immediately on the road to recruit.

Ultimately, is it better that he stupidly didn't even try... or that he tried but was woefully ineffectual?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 pm

In fairness, he probably didn't want a lot of what was here but had to keep it, and didn't have many open schollies since cookies and naps filled them before Labor Day. He simply couldn't have taken 6-7 guys like Jags did with Montel, Newman, Momah, Davis, Johnson, Costanzo, Gause etc.

That said, the guys he targeted for the few scholarships he had resulted in a lot of whiffs. He also deserves some shit for letting some of the better players in the class go. In the end though, I like Rouse, and jury is out on the QB.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:46 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:Where on his body was he shot?

Shoulder:

Story
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

I've wondered that too. However, we did make runs at kids and had coaches waste time with in-homes and on-campus visits. So, I'm not really sure what to think. The new coaches at Purdue and NCS had some late success... so I'd be surprised if he didn't try doing the same. I thought in one of the interviews he gave right after being hired, he mentioned that he was heading immediately on the road to recruit.

Ultimately, is it better that he stupidly didn't even try... or that he tried but was woefully ineffectual?

I know that at the town hall last weekend he spoke about already starting on 2014 and that seemed to be a point of emphasis. While I think essentially skipping this class would be a very dumb decision, I think I'd rather that be the case. At least that way we can pretend he's a good recruiter for another year.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:09 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:

I know that at the town hall last weekend he spoke about already starting on 2014 and that seemed to be a point of emphasis. While I think essentially skipping this class would be a very dumb decision, I think I'd rather that be the case. At least that way we can pretend he's a good recruiter for another year.

did he say that he's spent 3 years working on next year's class (cause that's worked out really well for us in the past)
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:11 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

He still probably throws better than our QB recruits.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby gaelfu on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:17 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

He'll have enough schollies to hand out to get into the Top 25, but my benchmark will be for the team to be ranked in the Top 32 on Rivals.

As for Patcham... he is a good fit for what should be a run to 8-wins... which will definitely put a Top 25 class well within reach.

You are on fucking crack if you think this team is winning 8 games next year.
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

He still probably throws better than our QB recruits.

But if he could run like they can, he may not have gotten shot.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BCdee on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:18 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

Strange story. The kicker he was with got shot in the foot.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:21 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

How does that happen?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 pm

gaelfu {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

You are on fucking crack if you think this team is winning 8 games next year.

Hansen thinks we should be in the BCS the following year. What would you say he is on?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

How does that happen?

maybe he was trying to shoot a kells patron in the face...
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:24 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

Shoulder:

Story

How does that happen?

Probably because Jermaine Watson, Ryan Sidney and Andrew Bryant were the guys he was talking to. He'll fit in just fine here.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:24 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Hansen thinks we should be in the BCS the following year. What would you say he is on?

is the answer other men? if it isn't, your answer is wrong (because that is most likely what hansen is on)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, he probably didn't want a lot of what was here but had to keep it, and didn't have many open schollies since cookies and naps filled them before Labor Day. He simply couldn't have taken 6-7 guys like Jags did with Montel, Newman, Momah, Davis, Johnson, Costanzo, Gause etc.

That said, the guys he targeted for the few scholarships he had resulted in a lot of whiffs. He also deserves some shit for letting some of the better players in the class go. In the end though, I like Rouse, and jury is out on the QB.

This is more or less all correct both the mitigating factors and the deserved shit, except that Montel wasn't in the Jags transition class.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:29 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Hansen thinks we should be in the BCS the following year. What would you say he is on?

is the answer other men? if it isn't, your answer is wrong (because that is most likely what hansen is on)

I think he more likely in front of or under other men, than on them. Just saying.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:

I think he more likely in front of or under other men, than on them. Just saying.

today's date is an even number (6 = even).

clearly you never paid attention during hansen's "intern show-and-tell" presentations
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:33 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:In fairness, he probably didn't want a lot of what was here but had to keep it, and didn't have many open schollies since cookies and naps filled them before Labor Day. He simply couldn't have taken 6-7 guys like Jags did with Montel, Newman, Momah, Davis, Johnson, Costanzo, Gause etc.

This is more or less all correct both the mitigating factors and the deserved shit, except that Montel wasn't in the Jags transition class.

My bad, I got confused with him signing late.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:35 pm

BC historical recruiting rankings:

2013: 88
2012: 63
2011: 38
2010: 47
2009: 70
2008: 33
2007: 46
2006: 37
2005: 49
2004: 53
2003: 24
2002: 43

Put me down for anything below 38. I think Spaz' best class is a good floor considering the wreck the program is right now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium