2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby Hunta518 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:12 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, by the way ... that's Temple. A MAC team at the time. No tradition. Kicked out of a conference.

And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?

That is my bad. It should be '12 (as in the class of '12).

But, as I stated, I don't care about stars either. I was just including them for the sake of argument.

Well if BC got some 12' recruits, they might have had something going.

No we need more 12" recruits
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:15 am

Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, by the way ... that's Temple. A MAC team at the time. No tradition. Kicked out of a conference.

And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?

But, as I stated, I don't care about stars either. I was just including them for the sake of argument.

Haha, I get it. The joke is on me.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby Hunta518 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:17 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

Mine was more a goldilocks v. dreadlocks joke
Hunta518
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:37 am

PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:38 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

Are you Varitek or Nomar?
This is important.
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:39 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

This is important.

Darren Bragg
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:41 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

This is important.

Darren Bragg

Jay Payton
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:27 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
Hunta518 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

This is important.

Can't say, sorry.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Article on Rivals about local coaches' reactions
http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1445473

Local Coaches Have Praise for Addazio
Justin Rowland
EagleAction.com Recruiting Analyst

For Steve Addazio to have success at Boston College he's going to have to win local recruiting battles. Lots of them. Judging by the way local high school coaches reacted to the hire he's going to be starting from a position of strength.

Addazio is known as an energetic recruiter.
Addazio has extensive ties in the Northeast and long-standing relationships with many of the coaches in the area. Those coaches, to a man, said the Addazio hire was a good one for the Eagles.

Several themes were clear when they described the Eagles' new coach: Emotional, hard-nosed, and integrity.

Everett head coach John Dibiaso knows a little bit about the in-state recruiting scene. He's sending the state's top prospect, John Montelus to Notre Dame. His four-star lineman once considered Boston College but decided relatively early in the process that he would head off to South Bend.

Dibiaso has known Addazio for many years.

"He recruited our school when he was at Syracuse [1997-1998] and he got one of our best players there, Diamond Ferri," Dibiaso said. "We had a pretty good relationship with him when he was at Florida, Notre Dame and Temple. He had a pretty good rapport with the local coaches."

Dave Dykeman is another coach familiar with the local recruiting scene. Now the head coach at Cheshire Academy, home of one-time BC commit Cory Jasudowich, Dykeman spent several years at Worcester and Nauset.

It was inevitable that he would get to know Addazio well as their paths have crossed many times.

"I think it's a great hire for Boston College," Dykeman said. "He's definitely a guy with New England ties. I think he'll do a great job there.

"In the recruiting process he's high-energy and emotional. He's very reputable. You always got honest answers with him."

Dykeman believes Addazio has an impressive staff at Temple and said he would not be surprised to see Addazio bring some of his assistants with him to Boston College.

Recently, especially this year, Boston College has had more success recruiting Connecticut than Massachusetts. Dykeman has seen the Eagles miss on some prospects and believes they can reverse that trend. But it will require the Eagles to adopt a strategy that involves aggressive early recruiting.

"I think they've got to identify those guys early and have them excited to stay home and represent BC and the ACC," he said. "They play in a great conference. It's just a matter of identifying those guys early."

Any Boston College coach that wants to make a splash on the recruiting scene is going to be familiar with the players Don Bosco (N.J.) is putting out on a yearly basis. Fortunately for BC, Addazio is well-known at the school.

Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal knows plenty about Boston College, of course. And he knows Addazio well enough to speak about him with authority.

"I've obviously known Steve for a while and he's a very emotional, passionate coach," Toal said. "I think it's a great fit. I think his style is going to be good. He was once a high school coach so he understands young kids and dealing with freshmen.

"I thought he did quite a job over at Temple and trying to adapt to the Big East. He's obviously been around. He's been at Notre Dame, Florida and some great schools.

"He's a hard-nosed guy. He's not going to compromise. He'll do things the right way and I think he's a great hire in so many ways."

Addazio has an easier sell from his position at Boston College than he did at Temple, but it's clear the Eagles have some work ahead of them. Coaching changes present an opportunity, but that window of opportunity doesn't stay open for long.

It will be crucial, starting quickly with the Class of 2014, for the Eagles to make a splash with recruits. And where better to start than their own backyard?

Wasn't Ryan Day originally recruiting Dionte Taylor before leaving for Temple ? Would think that puts us back in major play with him (although I think we were a top consideration regardless).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:22 pm

Apparently Addazio will have an in-home with FL RB and Cincy commit Robert Davis on Monday.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby QuailMan on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:26 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Apparently Addazio will have an in-home with FL RB and Cincy commit Robert Davis on Monday.

Is it possible any top Temple recruits could flip?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby Eagle1999 on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:46 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Apparently Addazio will have an in-home with FL RB and Cincy commit Robert Davis on Monday.

Awesome. So Mr. Ace Recruiter can try to lock up a 2-star who, after coach-less Cincy, only has offers from the MAC (and Presbyterian)? Does he realize he's in the ACC?

It's great he's going after kids. Who the hell is going to coach them? How about getting a staff together?
Eagle1999
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

Awesome. So Mr. Ace Recruiter can try to lock up a 2-star who, after coach-less Cincy, only has offers from the MAC (and Presbyterian)? Does he realize he's in the ACC?

It's great he's going after kids. Who the hell is going to coach them? How about getting a staff together?

Why put together a staff when you grab Spaz retreads with no effort at all?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 am

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

Would it make you feel better if he had an offer from Holy Cross too? Because he does.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:48 am

I'm not saying he does have more offers but for committed kids at this stage in the game you can't look at offer sheets on any of the sites. Most commits don't bother telling anybody anymore because the offers unless they aren't solid commits don't mean anything anymore. Look at some of our commits for instance.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:21 am

I guess that's better than some options but any reason he's not going after Fred Coppet. You know, a guy other BCS schools want too.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:46 am

31southst {l Wrote}:I guess that's better than some options but any reason he's not going after Fred Coppet. You know, a guy other BCS schools want too.

No reason to think he isn't the Davis visit is just something that's been reported already.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCdee on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm

Eagle1999 {l Wrote}:

The kid has crazy speed, running around a 4.3 40. We need someone with speeeeeeed!!!!! Get him!
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby fs33 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Glad to see the Spaz no-poaching rule is no longer in effect.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 pm

fs33 {l Wrote}:Glad to see the Spaz no-poaching rule is no longer in effect.

Agreed.

Rome won't be built in a day you homohumpers
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
fs33 {l Wrote}:Glad to see the Spaz no-poaching rule is no longer in effect.

Agreed.

Rome won't be built in a day you homohumpers

We could use kids with 4.3 speed.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:46 pm

Is this a goldilocks dreadlocks argument?

i agree
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Looks like he had his in-home today and decommited from Cincy.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:21 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Looks like he had his in-home today and decommited from Cincy.

Corey Dowler at ESPN confirms this and suggest he is considering BC and Memphis. If Spaz was still HC I'd favour Memphis but I think we'll snare him!
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Looks like he had his in-home today and decommited from Cincy.

Corey Dowler at ESPN confirms this and suggest he is considering BC and Memphis. If Spaz was still HC I'd favour Memphis but I think we'll snare him!

Apparently he's been officially timed sub 4.3. UCF has offered.

Watch the film, he's scary fast.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:02 pm

with adaziani now in charge, looks like ill have to start reading this thread.

dear all weirdos,

im cag. i like bc football and this board. but i dont usually read this thread.

as you were.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:

hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby footer20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:

This kid is quick, and runs with a full head of steam. He gets around the edge in no time and once he turns the corner, he's off to the races.

I have no doubt that the reported 4.34 was real. He would be a solid pickup and I have to believe he's coming here because of his decommit after Addazio's house visit.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby footer20 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
UK Eagle {l Wrote}:

This kid is quick, and runs with a full head of steam. He gets around the edge in no time and once he turns the corner, he's off to the races.

I have no doubt that the reported 4.34 was real. He would be a solid pickup and I have to believe he's coming here because of his decommit after Addazio's house visit.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Robert Davis is not a two star. He's a three star according to ESPN, the new best recruiting service. Even if he was a two star, welcome to BC Mr. Davis. They could sure use your speed. Although, remember that Andre Williams ran something like a 4.3 too.

FWIW: ESPN says RD ran a 4.58
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium