2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:25 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:http://t.co/DQE2hnpj

w/o comment

Does the guy on the left have a BC hat in front of him? Who is that?

Robert Davis. There are two BC hats. He could very well be messing with his twitter followers though. Who knows.

I thought Robert Davis was the guy on the right with the 4 hats.

I think that's the case as well. I have no idea who has the old school hat on the left. Could it be something like Bethune Cookman?

Bethel College maybe

It's Vidal Woodruff and yes... he is signing with Bethel College.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/r ... uff-130808
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:47 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:HJS - will you answering my question?

What question??? Why I make negative posts? I don't think they are negative. I point out what's happening and give my opinion. I'm sorry that I had very little optimism in the final years of TOB and the entire 4 years of Spaz. I'm sorry that I think hiring Dazoo was a terrible move. I'm sorry that I was not happy with the firing of Jags or Skinner. I'm sorry that I thought Don replacing Joe Jones with Kampmann was a bad move. Most of all, I'm sorry that my concerns were not disproven.

If Daziani was landing transfers like Brissett or grabbing prospects like Woulard and I was still posting crap like "What a bad hire!" Then comments about me being overly pessimistic are valid. However, when we are losing recruits to UConn, Toledo and Memphis, what you should be really pissed off about is not my posting... but, that Daz is doing NOTHING to invalidate my alleged "agenda."

It should be noted that I have supported Daz's hiring of Don Brown and even Guvs. I have also been one of the very few (maybe the only) who publicly thought that Rouse and Walsh were worthy of an offer (so long as they didn't upset other kids already committed).

You also, for like the eleventy billionth time, asked what has changed when I was saying that we should've hired Daz over Spaz. First, Daz's career dropped off (run out of town at Florida and a 4-7 season at Temple). Second, even if he was only coaching WRs at Ave Maria, I would argue that Daz is and always will be a better hire than Spaz. Finally, BC as a program was in a very different place 4 years ago (we were already transitioning to the spread and we had solid players and recent success to sell). Daz would have been able to make a pretty smooth transition from Jags. He also would not have yet had any major coaching failures. What we have now is a pretty sizeable rebuild... and I don't believe that Daziani has shown any evidence that he can successfully rebuild a program.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:54 pm

Thanks for the answer HJS.

BTW - was I warm with any of the imagined real life depictions of you using your "negativity skills" in real world situations?
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:59 pm

NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Thanks for the answer HJS.

BTW - was I warm with any of the imagined real life depictions of you using your "negativity skills" in real world situations?

Let's just say he has a law degree.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:10 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
NotoriousOrange {l Wrote}:Thanks for the answer HJS.

Let's just say he has a law degree.

from uconn
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hinghameagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Twood: check your Sox analogy. Renteria came to the Sox in 05, the year after the Sox won the world Series. How do I remember this? Becasue Renteria made the last out of the 04 series when he grounded out to Foulke.
hinghameagle
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 pm

hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Twood: check your Sox analogy. Renteria came to the Sox in 05, the year after the Sox won the world Series. How do I remember this? Becasue Renteria made the last out of the 04 series when he grounded out to Foulke.

ummmm, i think that was teddy's point. even as the potentially last batter stepped up to the plate, the truly disenfranchised sawks fans still said "the sawks will find a way to fuck this up."

as we know now, the sawks didn't fuck it up as renteria grounded out and jimmy fallon/drew barrymore got to run around fenway like a couple of assholes
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:31 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
hinghameagle {l Wrote}:Twood: check your Sox analogy. Renteria came to the Sox in 05, the year after the Sox won the world Series. How do I remember this? Becasue Renteria made the last out of the 04 series when he grounded out to Foulke.

ummmm, i think that was teddy's point. even as the potentially last batter stepped up to the plate, the truly disenfranchised sawks fans still said "the sawks will find a way to fuck this up."

as we know now, the sawks didn't fuck it up as renteria grounded out and jimmy fallon/drew barrymore got to run around fenway like a couple of assholes

2004 for me was a nightmare.

Just imagine being the only Cardinals fan in Boston after 86 years of failure finally was extinguished in a commanding manner. the amount of trash talk i had to endure was beyond words.

as for the actual team, I will give the redsox credit though. they beat the two most successful franchises historically in MLB en route to their title (neither team that season was a slouch either; one of which won 105 games (cards) and the other 101 games (yankees)). what a way to end a title drought in dramatic fashion.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

w/o comment

i don't know who they are but i know we never win the hat game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

We are soo not going to win the hat game.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:08 pm

First of all, I am not TWood. Second of all, everything you say is correct and you are still a bad Red Sox fan for not knowing Renteria made the last out of the 04 WS
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GodofBeasts94 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:09 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

I think Davis is going to shock everyone and go with USF, the hometown team.......
GodofBeasts94
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:10 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

do you think that's why they chose such a horrendous BC hat?

was this one not available in time

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

First of all, I am not TWood. Second of all, everything you say is correct and you are still a bad Red Sox fan for not knowing Renteria made the last out of the 04 WS

that's the super duper retarded thing. he DID know renteria made the last out and even used it in his nospacian response to you

he just epically missed the point

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:20 pm

GodofBeasts94 {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

I think Davis is going to shock everyone and go with USF, the hometown team.......

Well... the USF hat is the only one who is broken in (as if he actually has worn it before).
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCdee on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:26 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
BCdee {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

w/o comment

do you think that's why they chose such a horrendous BC hat?

was this one not available in time

OMG, if that hat was on the table, we'd be a eleventy billion percent lock!!! :angrychicken trumps all else.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:27 am

We picked up a RB...and it's not Davis...

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/barrier ... &mid=&rid=
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby maxwell22 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:35 am

once again . . .no offensive linemen in the class of 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!Almost all of our ACC teams have better recruits than BC this time around
The lack of o-line personnel is pretty damning . . . especially to a school who proudly takes on the mantra, O-LINE U. Even UCONN seems to have better people in their 2013 football class. This does not augur for future recruiting in New England.

This will be felt in 2015 and 2016 . . . of course, maybe Addazio will be gone by then!
maxwell22
Carney Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:05 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:#BCEagles waiting on Robert Davis, have their backup option .... DE Garcia down to #ISU #Navy maybe #BC

https://twitter.com/RowlandRIVALS

The sad thing is that if we'd landed him, Iowa State and Navy would've given him one of the best (non-BC) offer lists of any recruit in this class.

But, of course, Daziani struck out again.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:38 am

When is Davis supposed to announce.

FWIW, the BC Football twitter feed has been doing a good job announcing the LOI's that have come in so far.

Looks like Barksdale, Johnson, Ntangtang, Little, Milano, Walsh, Kavalec, Willis, Gutapfel, and Rouse are in as of 830 am.

Edit: Robert Johnson just tweeted ...

RD5‏@RD5_

Just signed my life away! Just find out where I will be going at 12 on #BHSN. W/ @ry_bass
Last edited by BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:40 am

I don't think we ever offered Garcia and if we did it wasn't a very hard push. He had said for weeks if we offered he would visit.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 am

Justin at EA is saying there may be some good news today. I don't know if that's a reference to Davis or if there might be someone not currently on the radar.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:03 am

31southst {l Wrote}:Justin at EA is saying there may be some good news today. I don't know if that's a reference to Davis or if there might be someone not currently on the radar.

Any clue on where the good news is coming from? Possibly a city in Texas?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCdee on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Justin at EA is saying there may be some good news today. I don't know if that's a reference to Davis or if there might be someone not currently on the radar.

Since it's not Nkemdiche, I'm guessing another under the radar guy. :elephant
Last edited by BCdee on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
BC!
BCdee
Merkert Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 am

Was this on Twitter? Don't see any mention of that on his twitter.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:09 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Someone actually made that joke already on EA (that's also where he posted it).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:10 am

He is channeling his inner ejcon.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 am

Well ill eat crow apparently parents wanting a certain place went against us this time. Parents really wanted Memphis I don't get that one.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am

now we can fight about robert davis
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:16 am

No matter how for or against you were about the Dazoo hire, there is simply no one who expected him to do a WORSE job with this class than Spaz.

I recall folks talking about how we should not consider Roman, Sullivan or Diaco because their seasons would run into January and it was important to get a staff in place so they could get a jump on fixing the mess of a class that Spazoo was leaving us with. Dazoo did nothing but make it worse (by losing our top talent and landing no one of note). We would have literally been better off starting our head coaching search right now... or hiring Roman... even though he couldn't take the job until a day before LOI Day.

I'm being dead serious here... I never, EVER expected Daziani to come in and not be able to recruit effectively immediately. It's like hiring Zook or Ogeron but still battling (and occasionally losing) kids to Holy Cross. No matter how 9903 will tell you people are overreacting, no one predicted this.

BTW... Montgomery is the only one whose letter isn't in yet (that I can tell).
HJS
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium