2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

I am here to report that some other guy signed with a school that's not BC.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NJM89 on Thu May 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Boston College has only two 2013 commitments thus far, but one of them comes from Manchester (Conn.) High tight end Andrew Isaacs, the nation's No. 182 overall recruit. Boston College's highest-rated 2012 signee was Christchurch (Va.) offensive tackle Win Homer, ranked 248th nationally.

Whether Isaacs actually ends up at Boston College remains uncertain. Isaacs describes himself as a soft commitment and says he's keeping his options open.

"The [BC] coaches understand this is a business," Isaacs told EagleAction.com. "They said they want me there and they know that right now I want to be there. I told them [there] could be a whole bunch of opportunities at other schools, but as of right now I really like BC, so they understand that."

Isaacs' situation underscores the importance of the upcoming season for Boston College's recruiting efforts. Can the Eagles hang on to Isaacs if they fail to earn a bowl bid again? How can they attract other Rivals250 recruits if they have a second straight losing season?

"Andrew Isaacs has always said his dream school is Boston College," Farrell said. "I think all things being equal, he wants to go to Boston College. I think he's a soft commitment because everybody knows Spaziani is on the hot seat. I'd say it's a very tenuous commitment and really contingent on what happens during the season and also what happens after the season. If BC goes 4-8 and Spaz is fired, who are they going to hire? Is that guy going to be able to come in and lure him back?"

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1361592
NJM89
Campion Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Thu May 03, 2012 1:05 pm

NJM89 {l Wrote}:
Boston College has only two 2013 commitments thus far, but one of them comes from Manchester (Conn.) High tight end Andrew Isaacs, the nation's No. 182 overall recruit. Boston College's highest-rated 2012 signee was Christchurch (Va.) offensive tackle Win Homer, ranked 248th nationally.

Whether Isaacs actually ends up at Boston College remains uncertain. Isaacs describes himself as a soft commitment and says he's keeping his options open.

"The [BC] coaches understand this is a business," Isaacs told EagleAction.com. "They said they want me there and they know that right now I want to be there. I told them [there] could be a whole bunch of opportunities at other schools, but as of right now I really like BC, so they understand that."

Isaacs' situation underscores the importance of the upcoming season for Boston College's recruiting efforts. Can the Eagles hang on to Isaacs if they fail to earn a bowl bid again? How can they attract other Rivals250 recruits if they have a second straight losing season?

"Andrew Isaacs has always said his dream school is Boston College," Farrell said. "I think all things being equal, he wants to go to Boston College. I think he's a soft commitment because everybody knows Spaziani is on the hot seat. I'd say it's a very tenuous commitment and really contingent on what happens during the season and also what happens after the season. If BC goes 4-8 and Spaz is fired, who are they going to hire? Is that guy going to be able to come in and lure him back?"

No way this kid goes to BC. I wouldn't bet on him being in a BC uniform if someone gave me 50-1 odds.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

No way this kid goes to BC. I wouldn't bet on him being in a BC uniform if someone gave me 50-1 odds.

If BC made some awesome hire in December and the new coach convinced Andrew to stay he'll be here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu May 03, 2012 1:20 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

If BC made some awesome hire in December and the new coach convinced Andrew to stay he'll be here.

Mario Cristobal*
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 03, 2012 1:22 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Mario Cristobal*

If :pickle makes the decisions there's no chance he gets hired. He's way too energetic and excitable.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Thu May 03, 2012 4:06 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Mario Cristobal*

More like Jason Swepson or Dave Clawson. Remember you read it here.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Mosi on Fri May 04, 2012 6:32 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Mario Cristobal*

more like JDF
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri May 04, 2012 7:29 am

Mosi {l Wrote}:
GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

Mario Cristobal*

more like JDF

All 3 suck and would bounce us to the patriot league
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Fri May 04, 2012 8:58 am

Which could very well be exactly what Leahy wants.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri May 04, 2012 9:26 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
NJM89 {l Wrote}:

i'd take 50-1 odds. i think that's a good opening line actually.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 04, 2012 8:37 pm

Another commit from an ISL kid - DON'T MESS WITH SPAZ' MOTHERFUKING WALL!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri May 04, 2012 8:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Another commit from an ISL kid - DON'T MESS WITH SPAZ' MOTHERFUKING WALL!

JRowland_Rivals: BREAKING: #BostonCollege has accepted a verbal commitment from quarterback Mackay Lowrie of West Roxbury (Mass.) Roxbury Latin
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 04, 2012 9:00 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Another commit from an ISL kid - DON'T MESS WITH SPAZ' MOTHERFUKING WALL!

JRowland_Rivals: BREAKING: #BostonCollege has accepted a verbal commitment from quarterback Mackay Lowrie of West Roxbury (Mass.) Roxbury Latin

I guess we couldn't wait to see him at camp before offering? That said, we need 2 QBs in this class and he won't scare anyone else off.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

RL is a obviously great school, but this looks like a stretch. I'll probably have a chance to catch one of his games this year, so I'll report.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat May 05, 2012 8:21 am

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

bruisertm
n00b

Postby 31southst on Sat May 05, 2012 9:48 am

Without weighing in on Lowry too much (I hope he does well, don't necessarily expect it), you have to wonder why Spaz was not willing to take a lower level QB in last year's class. If nothing else, that would keep better class separation.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat May 05, 2012 9:54 am

31southst {l Wrote}:Without weighing in on Lowry too much (I hope he does well, don't necessarily expect it), you have to wonder why Spaz was not willing to take a lower level QB in last year's class. If nothing else, that would keep better class separation.

It's not like 1 QB/year is conventional and obvious.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat May 05, 2012 10:03 am

31southst {l Wrote}:Without weighing in on Lowry too much (I hope he does well, don't necessarily expect it), you have to wonder why Spaz was not willing to take a lower level QB in last year's class. If nothing else, that would keep better class separation.

Looks like he works with Hartsell as his QB coach. One of the writers from 24's site (Coehlo from tha ringer ?) said that Lowrie was one of his top sleeper QBs in this class.

Has anyone read what TGOSB is saying about this ??

(The competition in all of his videos looks like he's playing against a special olympic team)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat May 05, 2012 10:47 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Looks like he works with Hartsell as his QB coach. One of the writers from 24's site (Coehlo from tha ringer ?) said that Lowrie was one of his top sleeper QBs in this class.

(The competition in all of his videos looks like he's playing against a special olympic team)

He only threw deep bombs, and half of which were very unimpressive. He would just throw it in an area with 3 defenders and the receiver would somehow make the jump ball catch.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby garf112 on Sat May 05, 2012 3:19 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

He only threw deep bombs, and half of which were very unimpressive. He would just throw it in an area with 3 defenders and the receiver would somehow make the jump ball catch.

How much of the video did you watch?

He throws a good deep ball, threw well on the run, decent play action. Holds onto the ball too long. Video reminds me of Suntrup actually. Shows decent athleticism. Tough to gauge because of the awful competition for most of the video.

#23 looked pretty good again, awful competition, but he looks like the caliber of talent that Spaz can real in right now at WR/DB.
garf112
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat May 05, 2012 6:30 pm

More 2* recruiting, Great!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Cincinnatus on Sun May 06, 2012 9:05 pm

Watching these Mass and Northeast u-tube high school games is so freaking junior high. In fairness to those from the Northeast, it would be like a Mass hockey enthusiast watching Kentucky high school teams playing ice hockey. I recognize that there are some nice players up East, but these kids are so far behind the average player development, strength conditioning, coaching, game day pressure and overall competition that occurs on a regular basis in the Ohio leagues down through the top 2-3 divisions. My point is that if Spaz wants to toss out schollies, there is plenty of 2-3 star talent in Ohio and around the larger Midwest Catholic high schools and those commitments will stick it out because some kid coming from Toledo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indy, Louisville, Cleveland or Cincinnati is not as anxious about the game, having watched their teammates consistently succeed at the Big Ten, SEC, ND or more focused programs. BC is an opportunity more apprectiated the further that you distance oneself from Boston ,and it needs to land some more kids in these markets. :pontif
Cincinnatus
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Mon May 07, 2012 7:11 am

Cincinnatus {l Wrote}:Watching these Mass and Northeast u-tube high school games is so freaking junior high. In fairness to those from the Northeast, it would be like a Mass hockey enthusiast watching Kentucky high school teams playing ice hockey. I recognize that there are some nice players up East, but these kids are so far behind the average player development, strength conditioning, coaching, game day pressure and overall competition that occurs on a regular basis in the Ohio leagues down through the top 2-3 divisions. My point is that if Spaz wants to toss out schollies, there is plenty of 2-3 star talent in Ohio and around the larger Midwest Catholic high schools and those commitments will stick it out because some kid coming from Toledo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indy, Louisville, Cleveland or Cincinnati is not as anxious about the game, having watched their teammates consistently succeed at the Big Ten, SEC, ND or more focused programs. BC is an opportunity more apprectiated the further that you distance oneself from Boston ,and it needs to land some more kids in these markets. :pontif

If this means we shouldn't build a wall around the ISL then I agree.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Baltimore Eagle on Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 am

Cincinnatus {l Wrote}: BC is an opportunity more appreciated the further that you distance oneself from Boston

This is true across the board but really applies to athletics.
Baltimore Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 am

Baltimore Eagle {l Wrote}:
Cincinnatus {l Wrote}: BC is an opportunity more appreciated the further that you distance oneself from Boston

This is true across the board but really applies to athletics.

What I'd like to know is why we don't have the resources/effort to recruit local kids AND kids from Ohio and New Jersey. It makes no sense, but it appears to be a legitimate inability(add to list) of this staff.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Mon May 07, 2012 9:38 am

garf112 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

How much of the video did you watch?

He throws a good deep ball, threw well on the run, decent play action. Holds onto the ball too long. Video reminds me of Suntrup actually. Shows decent athleticism. Tough to gauge because of the awful competition for most of the video.

#23 looked pretty good again, awful competition, but he looks like the caliber of talent that Spaz can real in right now at WR/DB.

He will not have the luxury to play pitch and catch in the ACC. Nothing on this tape shows me anything. Let's see what he does when he has a 6'4" 260 defensive end crashing down on him.
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby hansen on Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Cincinnatus {l Wrote}:Watching these Mass and Northeast u-tube high school games is so freaking junior high. In fairness to those from the Northeast, it would be like a Mass hockey enthusiast watching Kentucky high school teams playing ice hockey. I recognize that there are some nice players up East, but these kids are so far behind the average player development, strength conditioning, coaching, game day pressure and overall competition that occurs on a regular basis in the Ohio leagues down through the top 2-3 divisions. My point is that if Spaz wants to toss out schollies, there is plenty of 2-3 star talent in Ohio and around the larger Midwest Catholic high schools and those commitments will stick it out because some kid coming from Toledo, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Indy, Louisville, Cleveland or Cincinnati is not as anxious about the game, having watched their teammates consistently succeed at the Big Ten, SEC, ND or more focused programs. BC is an opportunity more apprectiated the further that you distance oneself from Boston ,and it needs to land some more kids in these markets. :pontif

this

it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that if the overall talent is clearly higher in OH/PA/NJ/FL over new england (which it most certainly is), then clearly an unheralded player from the former group will be better than an unheralded player from the latter group. so, apparently one or more of the following is true:

1) coach flip and his assistant coach spaz are fxcktarded
2) spaz is a terrible recruiter with no appeal to prospective football players
3) spaz is lazy and doesn't make enough in home visits in key states like OH, NJ, FL
4) the recruiting budget has been cut to a point where Spaz is not able to finally make the necessary visits required to land these OH kids
5) BC as a school is not attractive to someone out of high school wanting to play D1 ball
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue May 08, 2012 11:02 am

hansen {l Wrote}:

this

it's obvious to anyone with half a brain that if the overall talent is clearly higher in OH/PA/NJ/FL over new england (which it most certainly is), then clearly an unheralded player from the former group will be better than an unheralded player from the latter group. so, apparently one or more of the following is true:

1) coach flip and his assistant coach spaz are fxcktarded
2) spaz is a terrible recruiter with no appeal to prospective football players
3) spaz is lazy and doesn't make enough in home visits in key states like OH, NJ, FL
4) the recruiting budget has been cut to a point where Spaz is not able to finally make the necessary visits required to land these OH kids
5) BC as a school is not attractive to someone out of high school wanting to play D1 ball

6) Spaz has identified a legit talent that no one else has noticed.

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium