2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby 31southst on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:31 pm

OG Jack McDonald just got offered by the U. This class really is deep in a lot of ways that should be great for BC, and it will make it even more frustrating when we undoubtedly fail to deliver.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 am

BC has been active in OH,MD,and DC the last week or so offers to Drew Barksdale,Trey Kilgore(St. X WR), and Jaleel Hytchye in OH. Jermaine Carter is from DC. The interesting case is that of the other offers which are kids that were from Red Lion Christian Academy in Deleware(home of USC's 2015 prodigy QB David Sills) The school's owners apparently were in debt so the whole football team transferred to Eastern Christian Academy in MD. In short it would be a huge school for Big Al to try and make inroads in. We just offered 4 of there kids, OG Khaliel Rodgers(probably the biggest other than Sills), Jahmere Irvin-Sills(could be a CB or WR), Daikiel Shorts(see Irvin-Sills), and RB Wendell Smallwood.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:27 pm

BC offered 2013 WR Trey Kilgore
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

Florida is now the front runner for Montelus. Kiss him goodbye!
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:54 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Florida is now the front runner for Montelus. Kiss him goodbye!

Don't worry, next year you'll say Spaz knew he had bad grades, because "that makes the most sense".
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:05 pm

That's my guess as to what happened and I'm sticking to it. A decent coach at BC would have Montelus but .....
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah, apparently he is visiting ND, and has said he will then be ready to commit.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:21 am

I didn't see this posted despite it being old news, but Mahon committed to PSU.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:30 pm

Montellus to ND, Soto to Pitt. Keep it goin Spaz
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Montellus to ND, Soto to Pitt. Keep it goin Spaz

Thanks for the bad news, I hope Spaz orders whatever Crawley and Rogers ate.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Quick mock class:

QB(2)- Tim Boyle and I'll go with Chris Laviano(probably going to be their faborite at camp but it seems Martin has taken a liking to Laviano)
RB(2)- Josh Morris and Fred Coppet( I don't think we get any of the current offers but Ellis and Godwin are possibilites, also wish we would offer Laray Smith UCONN might get a good one there)
WR(2)- Charles Callinan and Dionte Taylor
TE(2)- Andrew Isaacs and either O'Neil or Nathan Marcus( There still going after TEs so I'm going to assume they want 2 for whatever reason. I think Isaacs sticks.)
OL(3)- Brad Henson,John Montelus,and Jack McDonald( Henson loves BC, Montelus is very close with the other MA kids and we should land them all so I think he will join them but that one is a coin flip I'm 50/50 on him as of now. This class should once again be very good on the OL)
DE(2)- Shakir Soto and Thomas Plonski(Soto it is still really early with so we'll see what happens there)
DT(3)- Maurice Hurst Jr, Tevin Montgomery, and Darius Commisiong( All 3 are leans and Hurst has decided to visit BC the same day Darius is coming up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything but coincidence?)
LB(2)- Cory Jasudowich and Jack Cottrell
DB(2)- John Van Allen and Xavier Hines(Really DB is a total guessing game right now. A couple of new offers out there in Edwards and Baker so we'll see how there interest)
ATH(1)- Kyle Queiro

Also wouldn't be shocked to see them take a K as well. They've already offered one so to me it means they wouldn't mind taking one if they find the right guy. This will probably change alot but the strong points are obviously OL,DL,and WR. Altho the QB and RB groups if that happens I'd be very pleased with.

Going to have a little roundup today as well update to the offer list and all that stuff and then guys to watch at each without offers.

While I appreciate your efforts (which seems a hell of a lot more than what subscribers on EA are getting)... I will paraphrase a post I made last year:
So long as Gene and Spaz are calling the shots... we ain't landing any of them. And, that includes Isaacs who is already committed.

It took about a month for Spaz to completely blow-up this projection. That has to be some sort of record, considering we haven't hit May yet.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 am

we had no chance but Bosa's kid is going to tOSU.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:19 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
QB(2)- Tim Boyle, Chris Laviano
RB(2)- Josh Morris, Fred Coppet
WR(2)- Charles Callinan and Dionte Taylor
TE(2)- Andrew Isaacs O'Neil or Nathan Marcus
OL(3)- Brad Henson,John Montelus,and Jack McDonald
DE(2)- Shakir Sotoand Thomas Plonski
DT(3)- Maurice Hurst Jr, Tevin Montgomery, and Darius Commisiong
LB(2)- Cory Jasudowich and Jack Cottrell
DB(2)- John Van Allen and Xavier Hines
ATH(1)- Kyle Queiro

It took about a month for Spaz to completely blow-up this projection. That has to be some sort of record, considering we haven't hit May yet.

4 commits elsewhere, I no longer think anyone would consider Commisiong or Hurst or McDonald BC leans. I have no confidence Isaacs stays.

Commits from the rbs seem reasonably obtainable as one (Morris) has a single offer from Bryant and weighs 175 lbs, I have no idea where such a player would fit in our "offense," the other (Coppet) has offers from USF and Indiana so that would be a nail biter. O'neill is from the ISL and is a TE so he seems likely. Plonski has no offers, who knows. Callinan, Jasudowich, the QBs, Henson and one or more of the MA kids left (hurst, montgomery, McDonald) are the only kids with traditional BC level offers that seem to be a reasonable chance. Hines and Morris wouldn't seem like bad gets, but used to be the last minute type offers. Yes, this is very different from my take on basketball recruiting.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:20 am

Bosa is another blown opportunity. We can't close on alumni kids who play positions where we have sent guys to the NFL.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:21 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Bosa is another blown opportunity. We can't close on alumni kids who play positions where we have sent guys to the NFL.

For record, I meant no chance with Spaz. We should have had a chance under someone competent.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:29 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Bosa is another blown opportunity. We can't close on alumni kids who play positions where we have sent guys to the NFL.

For record, I meant no chance with Spaz. We should have had a chance under someone competent.

I think we all understood what you meant: BC athletics in its current state... not some crazy fantasy neverneverland where we have a competent AD who makes enlightened coaching hires.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:"offense"

:kudos
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:27 am

1. I honestly hope Spaz signs no one this year (would that be a record?). The writing on the wall is that he is gone so why tie up scholarships on kids from the ISL when a new coach can get in here and recruit OH, NJ, etc. like crazy.
2. I can't remember what my second point was because I started to think too much about my third before I had typed up my second...
3. I hate Spaz. Way to ruin the football program at my alma mater. jerk
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:34 am

hansen {l Wrote}:3. I hate Spaz. Way to ruin the football program at my alma mater. jerk

I blame Gene more, Spaz just took the opportunity he wasnt getting anywhere else. Gene gave us fake searches and should have let him walk. If Bicknell ws promised the job, he should have gotten it.

Gene should have pulled a Costanza and stepped down right after the 2nd ACC Championship game. His legacy would have been good instead of total crap like now.

We have gone from #2 in both major sports to bottom of the barrel, if it wasnt for Hockey their would be no reason to have an Athletic Dept. The one sport Gene doesnt meddle in. It is so obvious who is the f-up.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:49 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:3. I hate Spaz. Way to ruin the football program at my alma mater. jerk

I blame Gene more, Spaz just took the opportunity he wasnt getting anywhere else. Gene gave us fake searches and should have let him walk. If Bicknell ws promised the job, he should have gotten it.

Gene should have pulled a Costanza and stepped down right after the 2nd ACC Championship game. His legacy would have been good instead of total crap like now.

We have gone from #2 in both major sports to bottom of the barrel, if it wasnt for Hockey their would be no reason to have an Athletic Dept. The one sport Gene doesnt meddle in. It is so obvious who is the f-up.

The sad thing is that GDF is pretty much safe unless something really blows up or Leahy retires which he doesnt seem to be doing any time soon. I am convinced that unless some outside group raises enough money to force Leahy's hand, Flipolean continues on for as long as he wishes. there has to be a price in which BC decides there is too much money to pass up that Leahy forces Flipolean to develop an undisclosed illness and for us to respect his privacy.

i might try getting in touch with Lively and discuss with him the possibility of setting a non-profit or something like that. the dude is out there for sure but he's passionate and he seems to have good connections with the former players who probably have some money if they were in the nfl at one time (or so you would hope). i cant stand what is happening now, it makes me sick to my stomach, and i cant take any more years of this....
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:36 am

BC has offered DE Donnie White Jr out of St.Louis, MO. His other offers are Wyoming, Arkansas, Western Kentucky.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby BC '00 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:09 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

The sad thing is that GDF is pretty much safe unless something really blows up or Leahy retires which he doesnt seem to be doing any time soon. I am convinced that unless some outside group raises enough money to force Leahy's hand, Flipolean continues on for as long as he wishes. there has to be a price in which BC decides there is too much money to pass up that Leahy forces Flipolean to develop an undisclosed illness and for us to respect his privacy.

i might try getting in touch with Lively and discuss with him the possibility of setting a non-profit or something like that. the dude is out there for sure but he's passionate and he seems to have good connections with the former players who probably have some money if they were in the nfl at one time (or so you would hope). i cant stand what is happening now, it makes me sick to my stomach, and i cant take any more years of this....

I'd be much more likely to support Steve Lively if he'd stop saying "Golden Eagles"
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:34 am

BC '00 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I'd be much more likely to support Steve Lively if he'd stop saying "Golden Eagles"

I think he's more likely to have a Gibson-esque "Why don't I have a first draft of the replacement coach listing?/I'm earning money for a filthy little cocksucker who takes advantage of me!" rant taped and leaked than for a non-profit to be set up.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:42 am

I'm just here to report that somebody committed somewhere else than BC. I feel safe in the accuracy of that information.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm just here to report that somebody committed somewhere else than BC. I feel safe in the accuracy of that information.

TGOSB is reporting that BC "couldn't touch him"
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I'm just here to report that somebody committed somewhere else than BC. I feel safe in the accuracy of that information.

TGOSB is reporting that BC "couldn't touch him"

Yes, and the merrymen are congratulating Spaz on doing his due diligence and not going after a player who obviously would've been a bad apple. At last glance they are ignoring the fact that he committed to Yale over offers from BC, Princeton, and Bentley
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 pm

http://espn.go.com/high-school/football/events/elite-11/2012/story/_/id/7863795/qb-kevin-olsen-named-nyc-elite-11-regional-mvp-earns-elite-11-finals-invitel

Seems like a solid prospect from a big pipeline area (Catholic school in Ohio). FWIW, he's a Rivals250 (despite not having offers to reflect that status). I would mostly just love to see BC lockup an FBS QB for the next staff to develop.

Another one of the finalists at the New York City Elite 11 regional, junior Brogan Roback of St. John's (Toledo, Ohio), had nothing but kind words for eventual champion Olsen.

"He's a great player," Roback said. "I'm really happy for him. He and I developed a good relationship out here and I'm sure we'll carry that on going forward. He and I were neck and neck throughout the day, and it was fun being out here and competing against him."

Roback, who has earned offers from Ohio, Bowling Green and Toledo, said he enjoyed his time at the event.

"I'm glad I got out here and competed," he said. "It was fun. I'm glad I got to come out here to New York to experience all of this."

Roback also said he expects to hear from Boston College shortly. He completed 54.1 percent of his passes for 1,645 yards and 14 touchdowns last season, and he threw for better than 2,100 yards and 25 scores in his sophomore season. He's rated the nation's No. 38 pocket passer by ESPN.

While a brisk wind carried on throughout the event, Roback said he was used to it being from Ohio and having dealt with similar conditions while working out at Boston College earlier this week.

"It was windy all week," he said. "It was more windy than this when I was working out for Boston College with 30 mile per hour winds, so today wasn't as bad."
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:35 pm

St. John's in Toledo is not only Catholic, it's also Jesuit.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed May 02, 2012 7:39 pm

Sounds like new offers out to OH TE Devon Edwards and QB Javon Harrison
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed May 02, 2012 8:05 pm

I'm at the point that I don't even bother to read the recruiting articles on EA any more. I know without clicking on it that it's either going to be about some kid from northern Vermont who we're competing with Stonehill and SUNY-Oswego for, or a 3/4* kid who we have absolutely no shot to land.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium