2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
I must admit that I'm very familiar with Mulcachy's in Wantagh due to BC friends.

The biggest unmarked sobriety checkpoint in Nassau County.

as it should be
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:51 pm

In an annual event that falls a few months before 10-2 season, I thought I'd take a shot at predicting BC's 2013 recruiting class.  I tried my best to not do what everyone always does and just make a list of the 20 best players that have shown any degree of interest in BC, but I’m sure I was nevertheless overly optimistic (which is a bad sign because my guess isn't that great of a class).  Here goes:

QB (1):  C. Scepaniak - We need at least one this year and hopefully the open depth chart will overcome the program's current "transition"

RB (2):  J. Morris, J. Avent - Even though we need two I don't think we're going to get anyone we've already offered.  These guys seem like good possibilities in the next round of offers

WR (2):  C. Callinan, D. Taylor - This seems like one of the positions we're in decent shape with.  For Callinan, hopefully Giacone's experience helps him pick for the school and not the staff.  Taylor has said we lead and hopefully we can make that stick.

TE (1):  B. O'Neil - I have no faith the staff will be able to hold Isaacs if/when he blows up.  O'Neil seems like a solid replacement and it does seem like we're making more of an effort in MA after the unmitigated disaster that was last year's in-state recruiting.

OL (3):  M. McGlinchey, J. McDonald, S. Olanrewaju - Despite the staff trying it's best to blow it, I still hope McGlinchey's ties to the school have him pick BC (I acknowledge this is likely overly optimistic on my part).  McDonald goes to BC High and even though that doesn't mean anything's a guarantee (see McShea, Jameson), I still think it'd help us beat out schools like Maryland.  Olanrewaju seems to be high on BC and I can see him getting an offer.

DE (2):  S. Soto, N. Arcidiacono - We seem in good shape with Soto.  Arcidiacono really liked his BC visit and seems like a decent candidate to earn an offer down the line.  His brother was high on BC last year as well even though he committed to RU (I actually think we filled up the OL before he made his decision)

DT (2):  M. Hurst Jr., T. Montgomery - Two local guys we lead for and to whom we can offer an open depth chart.  Hurst seems like a possibility to blow up though which could be problematic.

LB (2):  C. Jasudowich, L. Catarius - We seem to lead for Jasudowich (who already has an offer) and generally do well with Cheshire Academy guys.  Despite our recent run at LB I think we'll miss on the rest of guys that already have offers, and I'm guessing Catarius gets one in the next round.

CB (2):  M. Morel, A. Majeed - We haven't done great recruiting DBs and I don't think any of our early offers look all that promising.  Morel seems like a solid local guy who can get an offer.  Majeed is a total guess based entirely on the fact he goes to the Hun School and we signed the coach's son last year.

S (1):  J. Van Allen - Seems like as good a guess as any for someone who can get an offer that might accept it.

That would be a class of 18, 7 of whom already have offers.  I'm sure this will end up way wrong but given that there is zero news coming out of spring practices (who needs to generate enthusiasm coming off of a 4-8 year?) it is a topic of discussion about BC football.

31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Montellus got ND offer today
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:43 pm

... and TGOSB just reported that Maurice Hurst just received a Nebraska offer.

rivalsmike: Maurice Hurst received offer from #Nebraska, big offer for him.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:54 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:... and TGOSB just reported that Maurice Hurst just received a Nebraska offer.

rivalsmike: Maurice Hurst received offer from #Nebraska, big offer for him.

Justin Rowland ‏ @JRowland_Rivals

DT Maurice Hurst Jr. just picked up #Nebraska offer but #BC still leads.
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:52 am

Scout.com just released its rankings

http://bostoncollege.scout.com/a.z?s=16 ... =4&yr=2013
bruisertm
n00b

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:37 pm

Quick mock class:

QB(2)- Tim Boyle and I'll go with Chris Laviano(probably going to be their faborite at camp but it seems Martin has taken a liking to Laviano)
RB(2)- Josh Morris and Fred Coppet( I don't think we get any of the current offers but Ellis and Godwin are possibilites, also wish we would offer Laray Smith UCONN might get a good one there)
WR(2)- Charles Callinan and Dionte Taylor
TE(2)- Andrew Isaacs and either O'Neil or Nathan Marcus( There still going after TEs so I'm going to assume they want 2 for whatever reason. I think Isaacs sticks.)
OL(3)- Brad Henson,John Montelus,and Jack McDonald( Henson loves BC, Montelus is very close with the other MA kids and we should land them all so I think he will join them but that one is a coin flip I'm 50/50 on him as of now. This class should once again be very good on the OL)
DE(2)- Shakir Soto and Thomas Plonski(Soto it is still really early with so we'll see what happens there)
DT(3)- Maurice Hurst Jr, Tevin Montgomery, and Darius Commisiong( All 3 are leans and Hurst has decided to visit BC the same day Darius is coming up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything but coincidence?)
LB(2)- Cory Jasudowich and Jack Cottrell
DB(2)- John Van Allen and Xavier Hines(Really DB is a total guessing game right now. A couple of new offers out there in Edwards and Baker so we'll see how there interest)
ATH(1)- Kyle Queiro

Also wouldn't be shocked to see them take a K as well. They've already offered one so to me it means they wouldn't mind taking one if they find the right guy. This will probably change alot but the strong points are obviously OL,DL,and WR. Altho the QB and RB groups if that happens I'd be very pleased with.

Going to have a little roundup today as well update to the offer list and all that stuff and then guys to watch at each without offers.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:57 pm

The class you listed above is possible but only with a good start, starting out 1-4 and BC is again in the pits. Starting out 3-1 and I think BC could scatch and claw their way to a 7 or 8 win season. I'd also like to see BC take McGlinchey and for the 2nd QB maybe Matt Ryan's QB cousin who went the prep route. Let's keep it in the family.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Nice to see big Al on the recruiting trail. It's amazing what someone with a little drive can do.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/east/post?id=2608

Kevin Robbins, Jr. has a trio of new scholarship offers to consider.

The prospect from Forestville (Md.) Bishop McNamara picked up offers from West Virginia, Boston College and Georgia Tech this week.

Robbins will visit Morgantown to inspect the Mountaineers on March. 17.

“They have a great program,” he said. “They offered me as an athlete so I guess they want to evaluate me at multiple positions.”

Robbins said he has no preference as to what position he might play in college. Defensively, the 6-foot-4, 225-pound junior could play outside linebacker or defensive end. Offensively, he could possibly play tight end.

Robbins played about 80-percent of his defensive snaps at end and the remainder at linebacker. He registered seven sacks and 40 tackles. As a starting tight end, he caught 20 passes for 430 yards and five touchdowns. West Virginia seems open to all possibilities.

“I'm looking forward to going there and meeting the coaching staff,” he said. “They just have a high speed defense. I like watching them play. Seems like they have great coaches."

Robbins said Boston College has an intriguing defense as well. The Golden Eagles also have a growing relationship with assistant Al Washington and Robbins in their favor. Washington assists with the defensive line and special teams.

“I liked him a lot,” Robbins said. “He was a real high energy. He had a lot of great things to say about me.”

Robbins said he's not sure when he'll visit BC, but hopes to do so this month.

Yet another big city can also expect a visit from Robbins thanks to his offer from the Yellow Jackets.

“I like them a lot,” Robbins said. “I like the Atlanta area. It's another great opportunity for me.”

Distance from home, Robbins said, isn't a concern.

“I'm looking at the program before the location,” he said.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:02 pm

Robbins is a monster would be a very good get I like him alot. The coaching changes hurt with McGlinchey he was very close with Day unless somebody gets out there and works there ass off that's probably done. Loughery I don'teven think is on the radar had 2 chances already and everybody passed should have never passed up the Ivy League schools in the first place IMO.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby footer20 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:45 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Robbins is a monster would be a very good get I like him alot. The coaching changes hurt with McGlinchey he was very close with Day unless somebody gets out there and works there ass off that's probably done. Loughery I don'teven think is on the radar had 2 chances already and everybody passed should have never passed up the Ivy League schools in the first place IMO.

I thought Loughery was going to Elon.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby SJeagle09 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:41 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Quick mock class:

QB(2)- Tim Boyle and I'll go with Chris Laviano(probably going to be their faborite at camp but it seems Martin has taken a liking to Laviano)
RB(2)- Josh Morris and Fred Coppet( I don't think we get any of the current offers but Ellis and Godwin are possibilites, also wish we would offer Laray Smith UCONN might get a good one there)
TE(2)- Andrew Isaacs and either O'Neil or Nathan Marcus( There still going after TEs so I'm going to assume they want 2 for whatever reason. I think Isaacs sticks.)
OL(3)- Brad Henson,John Montelus,and Jack McDonald( Henson loves BC, Montelus is very close with the other MA kids and we should land them all so I think he will join them but that one is a coin flip I'm 50/50 on him as of now. This class should once again be very good on the OL)
DE(2)- Shakir Soto and Thomas Plonski(Soto it is still really early with so we'll see what happens there)
DT(3)- Maurice Hurst Jr, Tevin Montgomery, and Darius Commisiong( All 3 are leans and Hurst has decided to visit BC the same day Darius is coming up. I'm not a conspiracy theorist or anything but coincidence?)
DB(2)- John Van Allen and Xavier Hines(Really DB is a total guessing game right now. A couple of new offers out there in Edwards and Baker so we'll see how there interest)
ATH(1)- Kyle Queiro

Also wouldn't be shocked to see them take a K as well. They've already offered one so to me it means they wouldn't mind taking one if they find the right guy. This will probably change alot but the strong points are obviously OL,DL,and WR. Altho the QB and RB groups if that happens I'd be very pleased with.

Going to have a little roundup today as well update to the offer list and all that stuff and then guys to watch at each without offers.

Is Henson from Jersey? Where'd you hear he was so high on BC?
:pontif
SJeagle09
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:54 am

He's been to BC more than any other school except for RU but that's to be expected since he's from NJ. He's been up here 3 times and this is a quote from him a couple weeks ago:

“Everyone’s at a pretty much even place right now, I don’t really have any favorites. Boston College stands out a lot right now. West Virginia, I was just there for their Junior Day and they made a great impression. Rutgers. Pretty much everybody is doing a great job so far.”

He's mentioned BC standing out alot multiple times.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:03 am

bruisertm
n00b

Postby 31southst on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:43 am

bruisertm {l Wrote}:http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1341606

Finally offered Jack McDonald

I think we're in good shape with McDonald and I think we'll get him but it is a little disconcerting to read stuff like

"It's still pretty early but being right around here and with their coaching staff they're definitely going to be up there," he said, when asked whether he has any favorites.

"I had kind of planned on just waiting to see what happens if I get interest from any other schools. If I'm feeling really strongly towards a school then I would consider committing. I'm just going to try to wait it out and I might take my officials."

Maybe the "had kind of planned" means now that he has this offer it'll change, but you'd like to think an OL from BC High wouldn't necessarily care who else he gets interest from after he gets an offer from BC.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Updated Offer List:

IL QB Matt Alviti
CT QB Tim Boyle
VA QB Ryan Burns
OH QB TraVon Chapman
GA QB Anthony Jennings
OH QB/ATH Darron Lee
GA QB Parker McLeod
CA QB Hayden Rettig
PA QB Damion Terry
OH QB Malik Zaire
MD RB Richie Anderson
FL RB Alex Collins
GA RB Travis Custis
FL RB Bo Ellis
FL RB Tarean Folston
GA RB Keyante Green
OH RB Godwin Igwebuike
GA RB Tyren Jones
VA RB Taquan Mizzell
FL RB A.J Turman
OH RB Keith Watkins II
FL WR Terrence Alls
VA WR Kwamane Bowens
PA WR Tyler Boyd
MD WR Zach Bradshaw
NJ WR Charles Callinan
FL WR Jordan Cunningham
FL WR Ahmad Fulwood
GA WR Tyree Harris
NJ WR Ricky Jeune
DE WR Andre Patton
CA WR Da'Mari Scott
FL WR Dionte Taylor
OH WR Rob Wheelwright
PA WR Daryl Worley
PA TE Adam Breneman
CT TE Andrew Isaacs
IL TE Nathan Marcus
PA TE Scott Orndoff
IL OL Kyle Bosch
FL OL Joe Fennell
NJ OL Brad Henson
PA OL Dorian Johnson
GA OL Brandon Kublanow
MD OL Moise Larose
OH OL Evan Lisle
NJ OL Brendan Mahon
MA OL Jack McDonald
PA OL Mike McGlinchey
NJ OL Dorian Miller
MA OL John Montelus
IL OL Logan Tulley-Tillman
VA DE Johnathan Allen
FL DE Joey Bosa
OH DE Jake Butt
NJ DE Dajuan Drennon
NJ DE Al-Quadine Muhammad
WI DE A.J Natter
NY DE Ebenezer Ogundeko
MD DE Kevin Robbins
NJ DE Garrett Sickels
PA DE Shakir Soto
VA DE Wyatt Teller
FL DE Demarcus Walker
MD DT Darius Commisiong
MA DT Maurice Hurst Jr.
MA DT Tevin Montgomery
MD DT Henry Poggi
GA DT Isaac Rochell
VA DT Donta Wilkins
NJ LB Jarred Alwan
PA LB Alex Anzalone
NJ LB Buddy Brown
MN LB Jack Cottrell
OH LB Ben Gedeon
CT LB Cory Jasudowich
OH LB Shane Jones
MD LB Micah Kiser
OH LB Mike McCray
VA LB Doug Randolph
VA LB Matt Rolin
FL DB Adrian Baker
OH DB Cameron Burrows
DC DB Devin Butler
VA DB Evrett Edwards
MD DB Kendall Fuller
MD DB Kirk Garner
OH DB Darian Hicks
FL DB Leon McQuay III
DE DB Jarrett Ross
NJ DB Eli Woodard
OH ATH Ross Douglas
FL ATH Lemond Johnson
FL ATH Jayron Kearse
NJ ATH Rashad Kinlaw
NJ ATH Myles Nash
VA ATH Michael Parker
NJ ATH Kyle Queiro
PA ATH Delton Williams
GA K Harrison Butker
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Total Offers:100

Offers by Position:
QB:10
RB:11
WR:14
TE:4
OL:13
DE:12
DT:6
LB:11
DB:10
ATH:8
K:1

Offers by State:
FL-15
NJ-14
OH-14
VA-10
PA-10
GA-9
MD-9
MA-4
IL-4
CT-3
CA-2
DE-2
WI-1
NY-1
MN-1
DC-1
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:45 pm

New offer to WR Brandon Ravenel (cousin of Evan). He's already visited once and plans on coming up for the spring game as well so it seems like he has a legit interest.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:47 pm

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfrecruiting/southeast/post?id=3820

It's been a whirlwind of a spring for Davie (Fla.) University School wide receiver Dionte Taylor.

The 6-foot, 170-pound junior has been picking up several offers recently.

"My latest offer is from UMass," Taylor said. "That just came down a few days ago. Boston College and Duke have also offered in recent weeks."

Taylor's other offers include Eastern Michigan, Ohio and Bowling Green. Several BCS schools will also be looking at the wide receiver during the spring.

"It's going to be like a college convention at U School in the spring," Taylor said. "Because everyone's looking at Jordan [Cunningham] and Maquedius [Bain] and they have also been talking to me a little bit."

Taylor said he's interested in Boston College and will try to make a trip there during spring break if possible. He's also looking at some Big Ten options.

"I'm really interested in Michigan State too because my former teammate, MacGarrett Kings, is there," Taylor said. "I know they will be down here along with Wisconsin and Michigan and maybe Ohio State. I would love to play in the Big Ten."

Taylor said he will also likely stop at a few practices at Miami and head to spring games at Florida and FSU if time permits
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Delton Williams is thrilled about his new offer from Boston College because he had heard lots of good news from the Eagles' coaches and his Erie (Pa.) Cathedral Prep teammate Damion Terry also has an offer from the Eagles.

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound athlete is so excited that he and Terry are planning to visit Boston College over spring break. Getting the offer from Boston College wasn't a complete shock but Williams is looking forward to learning more about the ACC program.

"It felt good because (Terry) and I were talking about them and over spring break we're going to go down there together, visit together and see what it's like," Williams said.

"It wasn't a surprise because one of the assistant coaches came to my school one time so I knew they were interested.

"The next time when they offered me they called my coach and I talked to them. We talked for a little bit and they told me they wanted me to visit, what I can do down there and that they're really excited about recruiting me."

So far, Boston College, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Toledo and Kent State have offered Williams, who can play on either side of the ball.

Williams said Boston College's coaches are leaving it open where he'd play but he suspects running back will be his college position.

Taking the visit to Boston College is a big deal for him because Williams and Terry have discussed playing together in college. It's not a certainty that it will happen but it's something for both of them to consider.

"I'm really excited to get down there," Williams said. "A lot of people go to the league from Boston College and a lot of people are really successful in life. That's a good place to be.

"We said if it comes down to it, if we both feel good about the same place, then we're going to make that happen. We don't want to go someplace and not know anybody and feel home sick. He can help me get through it if I'm with somebody I know."

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1342674
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:34 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:New offer to WR Brandon Ravenel (cousin of Evan). He's already visited once and plans on coming up for the spring game as well so it seems like he has a legit interest.

One benefit of having the spring game so early is that many players won't have conflicts with other schools.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Quick mock class:

ATH(1)- Kyle Queiro

While I appreciate your efforts (which seems a hell of a lot more than what subscribers on EA are getting)... I will paraphrase a post I made last year:
So long as Gene and Spaz are calling the shots... we ain't landing any of them. And, that includes Isaacs who is already committed.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:17 am

Rivals Chat Transcript:

Comment From Dennis
Do you see BC's lone 2013 commit Andrew Isaacs sticking with BC?

Mike Farrell: Dennis -- I don't see it happening unless BC wins 6 or 7 this year and heads back to a bowl. If they go 4-8, Spaz will be gone and then it will all depend on new coach
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:23 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Rivals Chat Transcript:

Comment From Dennis

Mike Farrell: Dennis -- I don't see it happening unless BC wins 6 or 7 this year and heads back to a bowl. If they go 4-8, Spaz will be gone and then it will all depend on new coach

If they win 6 games he should be gone. Anything less than a winning record is shit, unless we lose every game 77-70 (then you can blame St. Luke)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Rivals Chat Transcript:

Comment From Dennis

If they win 6 games he should be gone. Anything less than a winning record is shit, unless we lose every game 77-70 (then you can blame St. Luke)

But not Rich Gunnell.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:49 pm

BC offered GA QB Josh Dobbs.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:53 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:BC offered GA QB Josh Dobbs.

I really don't understand the staff's persistence in recruiting the state of Georgia.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I really don't understand the staff's persistence in recruiting the state of Georgia.

they'll probably just do what they did last year and offer about 3-6 Georgia kids, but never followup in any way, shape or form.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

they'll probably just do what they did last year and offer about 3-6 Georgia kids, but never followup in any way, shape or form.

We have an illustrious history of recruiting GA QBs. I haven't decided yet whether he'll be the next Ross Applegate or the next Drew Little.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:28 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

We have an illustrious history of recruiting GA QBs. I haven't decided yet whether he'll be the next Ross Applegate or the next Drew Little.

how could you forget Justin Tuggle?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium