2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:31 pm

TGOSB just tweetted that Isaacs just got new offer from Maryland.

rivalsmike: #BC commitment Andrew Isaacs just got new offer from #Maryland. Soft BC commitment.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:27 pm

Mod16A {l Wrote}:http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/17516277/stringent-standards-help-stanford-elevate-itself-in-recruiting

Reading what Shaw has to say infuriates me further about the state of our program. Next time Gene DeLoompa pulls the "Harvard-alabama" excuse, someone should read him this quote: "The other big component in the Cardinal's cool factor is all of the negativity surrounding college football these days with scandals in academics and recruiting, Shaw says. "I've been searching and I haven't found any other school recently that's been ranked both in the top 5 in college football and the top 5 by the U.S. News & Report."

Don't you know that our academic standards make it impossible to produce a quality football product?
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:38 pm

here HJS, have fun with this (btw this is Matt Ryan's cousin):

TOS {l Wrote}:McGlinchey is one of the top offensive tackles in the region.
More recently, however, that contact has tapered off. That's not a sign that the Eagles' interest is declining. However, with the coaching changes the folks at BC are adapting to the new situation.

"I haven't been in contact with them a lot since the coaching changes," McGlinchey said. "I haven't spoken to them much since then.

"They're still obviously an option but I don't know what's going on with them. It's kind of hard to determine what my situation is going to be with them."

Ryan Day was recruiting McGlinchey for the Eagles.

"We had a real strong relationship," he said. "He was recruiting me since my freshman year, that summer. I've known him for a very long time.

"I had gotten really comfortable with him. He had a great opportunity at Temple and he took it."

Did Day's departure hurt the Eagles' chances?

"Not really. I don't think BC has hurt their chances at all," he said.

McGlinchey would love for the Eagles turn turn the heat up again but he knows that's out of his hands.

"I guess so but obviously it's their choice
," he laughed.

So far McGlinchey has visited Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers and Boston College. Did any of them stand out?

"Not really," he said. "I don't think I've taken enough visits yet to be able to solidify any favorites or say anyone is standing out. Once I get more I'll be able to make a better decision."

McGlinchey said he plans to visit Duke on Saturday for their game against UNC.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:here HJS, have fun with this (btw this is Matt Ryan's cousin):

More recently, however, that contact has tapered off. That's not a sign that the Eagles' interest is declining. However, with the coaching changes the folks at BC are adapting to the new situation.

"I haven't been in contact with them a lot since the coaching changes," McGlinchey said. "I haven't spoken to them much since then.

"They're still obviously an option but I don't know what's going on with them. It's kind of hard to determine what my situation is going to be with them."

"We had a real strong relationship," he said. "He was recruiting me since my freshman year, that summer. I've known him for a very long time.

"I had gotten really comfortable with him. He had a great opportunity at Temple and he took it."

McGlinchey would love for the Eagles turn turn the heat up again but he knows that's out of his hands.

," he laughed.

So far McGlinchey has visited Virginia, Maryland, Rutgers and Boston College. Did any of them stand out?

"Not really," he said. "I don't think I've taken enough visits yet to be able to solidify any favorites or say anyone is standing out. Once I get more I'll be able to make a better decision."

Another recruit a DE from the Atlanta said the same exact thing. Did BC replace Siravo or is he to busy to sucking Gene's dick to maintain contact?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby BC '00 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:here HJS, have fun with this (btw this is Matt Ryan's cousin):

," he laughed.

Another recruit a DE from the Atlanta said the same exact thing. Did BC replace Siravo or is he to busy to sucking Gene's dick to maintain contact?

I think he's on the Barc-AL-Lounger with Lazy Elvis
BC '00
Cushing Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

It's this kind of incompetence that makes me want to slap good ole cookie and naps. Why should the BC fans care if the coaching staff doesn't give a rats ass about their jobs? And they wonder why the stadium is empty at the start of the games.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:It's this kind of incompetence that makes me want to slap good ole cookie and naps. Why should the BC fans care if the coaching staff doesn't give a rats ass about their jobs? And they wonder why the stadium is empty at the start of the games.

It doesn't matter.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:08 pm

," he laughed.

Alley.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:09 pm

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:

," he laughed.

Oop
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:03 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:48 pm

DE Garrett Sickels to PSU. O'Brien is killing it.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:29 pm

31southst {l Wrote}: O'Brien is killing it.

It doesn't matter.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:32 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:

It doesn't matter.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:33 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

It doesn't matter.

I personally don't think BOB is a great fit at PSU. I have no idea if he would have been an excellent coach at BC. But, what I am certain of is that he would have recruited brilliantly to BC. I am quite certain that he would have given us AT LEAST TOB-like consistant success (which might have been maddening given the talent level). I also am certain that he would've viewed BC as a final destination (which is good and bad). Nonetheless, the one thing that BOB was supposed to have been supremely skilled at was recruiting. His efforts on the front so far are a testament to that being true.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

It doesn't matter.

I personally don't think BOB is a great fit at PSU. I have no idea if he would have been an excellent coach at BC. But, what I am certain of is that he would have recruited brilliantly to BC. I am quite certain that he would have given us AT LEAST TOB-like consistant success (which might have been maddening given the talent level). I also am certain that he would've viewed BC as a final destination (which is good and bad). Nonetheless, the one thing that BOB was supposed to have been supremely skilled at was recruiting. His efforts on the front so far are a testament to that being true.

He is certainly getting out ahead of things and creating optimism at PSU, which is all he can really do to escape the scandal and joepa's huge shadows. JoePa('s assistants who coached for him) was a shitty gameday coach, but Roof from Bradley is a step down in my opinion, so killing Linebacker U could be a bit of a problem.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEaglesFan on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:15 pm

BC just offered 2013 QB Damion Terry, per his twitter:
@DamionTerry Scholarship offer from boston college!
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:25 pm

BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:BC just offered 2013 QB Damion Terry, per his twitter:

No problem with the offer... though, it just confirms that we are a now more than ever in the market for scrambling QBs.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:21 pm

Offer out to WR Charles Callinan (WR from St. Peter's Prep). Other offers from UConn and Rutgers.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCEaglesFan {l Wrote}:BC just offered 2013 QB Damion Terry, per his twitter:

No problem with the offer... though, it just confirms that we are a now more than ever in the market for scrambling QBs.

With Spaz's destruction of the OL, i don't think we have a choice...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:00 pm

It sounds like BC is keeping an eye on Christopher Laviano out of Holy Trinity in Hicksville, NY. His only current offer is RU. Long Island may one of the few places in the US that punches less hard in terms of football talent than Massachusetts.

Edit: Just found an NY Times article about him from 2009. Apparently he's been on the radar of scouts for a while.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/04/sport ... wanted=all
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:13 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}: Long Island may one of the few places in the US that punches less hard in terms of football talent than Massachusetts.

Football talent, no, football hazing, yes
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}: Long Island may one of the few places in the US that punches less hard in terms of football talent than Massachusetts.

Where are they now, Suffolk County's 5* Jason Gwaltney: http://football.nbe-network.net/2010_06 ... -iii-kean/. Dare I call him a waste of talent...

Also, your link was a very difficult read.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Where are they now, Suffolk County's 5* Jason Gwaltney: http://football.nbe-network.net/2010_06 ... -iii-kean/. Dare I call him a waste of talent...

When you get off the Cross Island Expressway and head east on Hempstead Ave/Tpk, as you cross the border from Queens into Nassau County, there is a sign that reads "Welcome to Elmont. Home of Vinny Testaverde." That pretty much sums it up.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:44 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

When you get off the Cross Island Expressway and head east on Hempstead Ave/Tpk, as you cross the border from Queens into Nassau County, there is a sign that reads "Welcome to Elmont. Home of Vinny Testaverde." That pretty much sums it up.

Isn't Elmont where the racetrack is? I've been there a handful of times. I like handicapping the ponies.

There's a sports bar by Hofstra (which is without exaggeration the ugliest college campus I've ever seen...and it isn't really close) that is owned by Wayne Chrebet. I went there before a Bruins/Isles game last year the night before an early morning flight to the Caribbean out of LGA. Apparently, it has been closed repeatedly over the years because of issues with serving minors. The bar might as well be named "Clowntown"...very strange place. Incidentally, the Nassau Colosseum, which down the street from Hofstra, is without exaggeration the ugliest professional arena I have ever set foot in. That place is decrepit and a mockery to the league.

Since I'm ragging on Long Island...and it's all very deserved...it is probably worth mentioning that there also some very pretty, non morally-bankrupt, and non-generic towns in Suffolk county. There is great fishing off of Montauk, and I've been told that there are good wineries in the North Fork.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:40 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Isn't Elmont where the racetrack is? I've been there a handful of times. I like handicapping the ponies.

There's a sports bar by Hofstra (which is without exaggeration the ugliest college campus I've ever seen...and it isn't really close) that is owned by Wayne Chrebet. I went there before a Bruins/Isles game last year the night before an early morning flight to the Caribbean out of LGA. Apparently, it has been closed repeatedly over the years because of issues with serving minors. The bar might as well be named "Clowntown"...very strange place. Incidentally, the Nassau Colosseum, which down the street from Hofstra, is without exaggeration the ugliest professional arena I have ever set foot in. That place is decrepit and a mockery to the league.

Since I'm ragging on Long Island...and it's all very deserved...it is probably worth mentioning that there also some very pretty, non morally-bankrupt, and non-generic towns in Suffolk county. There is great fishing off of Montauk, and I've been told that there are good wineries in the North Fork.

Yes, Belmont Park is in Elmont. It is the first thing you see when you get off the highway I mention.

Yes, Wayne Chrebet bought Bogart's and named it after himself. I'm told he has since sold it and the place has changed names again. I don't know if it's still popular with the underage crowd, but when it was Bogart's it was a right of passage for Nassau County minors. My sister got caught in a raid there. I met up with some of my BC friends at McHebe's (Hofstra's Mary Ann's) multiple times. I haven't been to the Colosseum in forever. I never thought it was that bad as a kid, but I didn't know any better and I don't have high standards. I still don't think Shea Stadium was as bad as people say.

My parents love doing the North Fork wineries. I've never been. I did not go out east much.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Not sure if I missed this already posted, but offer to LB Shane Jones.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/recruiting/2012/03/07/boston-college-offers-moeller-junior-lb-shane-jones/
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:07 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:It sounds like BC is keeping an eye on Christopher Laviano out of Holy Trinity in Hicksville, NY.

Why is BC "keeping an eye on" anyone? We should be offering everything that wears a helmet with the idea that more offers means more of a chance that a kid accidentally picks. Who the hell are they kidding acting like we can be selective?
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Yes, Belmont Park is in Elmont. It is the first thing you see when you get off the highway I mention.

Yes, Wayne Chrebet bought Bogart's and named it after himself. I'm told he has since sold it and the place has changed names again. I don't know if it's still popular with the underage crowd, but when it was Bogart's it was a right of passage for Nassau County minors. My sister got caught in a raid there. I met up with some of my BC friends at McHebe's (Hofstra's Mary Ann's) multiple times. I haven't been to the Colosseum in forever. I never thought it was that bad as a kid, but I didn't know any better and I don't have high standards. I still don't think Shea Stadium was as bad as people say.

My parents love doing the North Fork wineries. I've never been. I did not go out east much.

It's not your fault.

I must admit that I'm very familiar with Mulcachy's in Wantagh due to BC friends. For fear of further self-incrimination, this is the last I will say on the subject.

And, you're right, Shea wasn't THAT bad.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:31 pm

DE Shakir Soto out of Wilkes-Barre was offered.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:36 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
I must admit that I'm very familiar with Mulcachy's in Wantagh due to BC friends.

The biggest unmarked sobriety checkpoint in Nassau County.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium