2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby joesim on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Anyone know recruits reactions to the hire?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Someone posted that two of our top recruits are looking at taking visits to PSU and Rutgres in another thread somewhere...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:12 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Someone posted that two of our top recruits are looking at taking visits to PSU and Rutgres in another thread somewhere...

Willis and Callinan respcetively
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:39 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:Someone posted that two of our top recruits are looking at taking visits to PSU and Rutgres in another thread somewhere...

I'm surprised if true about Willis. He seems to get it and was all in regardless of the hire. thout callinan was safe with giacone here but who knows.

Fwiw, ea has Willis listed as a soft verbal now, with pen state and cincy having low interest.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:54 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I'm surprised if true about Willis. He seems to get it and was all in regardless of the hire. thout callinan was safe with giacone here but who knows.

Fwiw, ea has Willis listed as a soft verbal now, with pen state and cincy having low interest.

That's fair, I don't blame him for at least looking at Penn State, I believe that ultimately Addazio will keep him here. He's an important piece to this class.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

That's fair, I don't blame him for at least looking at Penn State, I believe that ultimately Addazio will keep him here. He's an important piece to this class.

I agree, 24 raised this question earlier about who the most important piece of this class is. He said Lowrie, and after thinking about it, I tend to agree, but Willis is a close second.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:31 pm

If Addazio wants to prove himself to be anything other than a shitty hire, he damn well better do some work on the recruiting trail. Keep Boyle, Callinan, Willis, and the rest of our few legit BCS guys. He's supposed to have ties in CT so flip Isaacs back. Get us McDonald or Hurst (or both). Close on Coppet and Dionte Taylor. Prove he's not simply a 50 year old whose absolutely ceiling is TOB.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:49 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:If Addazio wants to prove himself to be anything other than a shitty hire, he damn well better do some work on the recruiting trail. Keep Boyle, Callinan, Willis, and the rest of our few legit BCS guys. He's supposed to have ties in CT so flip Isaacs back. Get us McDonald or Hurst (or both). Close on Coppet and Dionte Taylor. Prove he's not simply a 50 year old whose absolutely ceiling is TOB.

That's asking for a lot from any incoming coach. Get realistic
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:If Addazio wants to prove himself to be anything other than a shitty hire, he damn well better do some work on the recruiting trail. Keep Boyle, Callinan, Willis, and the rest of our few legit BCS guys. He's supposed to have ties in CT so flip Isaacs back. Get us McDonald or Hurst (or both). Close on Coppet and Dionte Taylor. Prove he's not simply a 50 year old whose absolutely ceiling is TOB.

Isaacs isn't coming back :/ But he can definitely keep our recruits that we have now. He might be able to flip McDonald. Closing on Taylor and Coppet shouldn't be too hard as they were probably BC leans before this anyways. Hurst isn't coming here unless a miracle happens.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:02 pm

joeyfenn {l Wrote}:

That's asking for a lot from any incoming coach. Get realistic

Addazio is an awful hire. If part of his justification is being a good recruiter, prove it.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Article on Rivals about local coaches' reactions
http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1445473

Local Coaches Have Praise for Addazio
Justin Rowland
EagleAction.com Recruiting Analyst

For Steve Addazio to have success at Boston College he's going to have to win local recruiting battles. Lots of them. Judging by the way local high school coaches reacted to the hire he's going to be starting from a position of strength.

Addazio is known as an energetic recruiter.
Addazio has extensive ties in the Northeast and long-standing relationships with many of the coaches in the area. Those coaches, to a man, said the Addazio hire was a good one for the Eagles.

Several themes were clear when they described the Eagles' new coach: Emotional, hard-nosed, and integrity.

Everett head coach John Dibiaso knows a little bit about the in-state recruiting scene. He's sending the state's top prospect, John Montelus to Notre Dame. His four-star lineman once considered Boston College but decided relatively early in the process that he would head off to South Bend.

Dibiaso has known Addazio for many years.

"He recruited our school when he was at Syracuse [1997-1998] and he got one of our best players there, Diamond Ferri," Dibiaso said. "We had a pretty good relationship with him when he was at Florida, Notre Dame and Temple. He had a pretty good rapport with the local coaches."

Dave Dykeman is another coach familiar with the local recruiting scene. Now the head coach at Cheshire Academy, home of one-time BC commit Cory Jasudowich, Dykeman spent several years at Worcester and Nauset.

It was inevitable that he would get to know Addazio well as their paths have crossed many times.

"I think it's a great hire for Boston College," Dykeman said. "He's definitely a guy with New England ties. I think he'll do a great job there.

"In the recruiting process he's high-energy and emotional. He's very reputable. You always got honest answers with him."

Dykeman believes Addazio has an impressive staff at Temple and said he would not be surprised to see Addazio bring some of his assistants with him to Boston College.

Recently, especially this year, Boston College has had more success recruiting Connecticut than Massachusetts. Dykeman has seen the Eagles miss on some prospects and believes they can reverse that trend. But it will require the Eagles to adopt a strategy that involves aggressive early recruiting.

"I think they've got to identify those guys early and have them excited to stay home and represent BC and the ACC," he said. "They play in a great conference. It's just a matter of identifying those guys early."

Any Boston College coach that wants to make a splash on the recruiting scene is going to be familiar with the players Don Bosco (N.J.) is putting out on a yearly basis. Fortunately for BC, Addazio is well-known at the school.

Don Bosco head coach Greg Toal knows plenty about Boston College, of course. And he knows Addazio well enough to speak about him with authority.

"I've obviously known Steve for a while and he's a very emotional, passionate coach," Toal said. "I think it's a great fit. I think his style is going to be good. He was once a high school coach so he understands young kids and dealing with freshmen.

"I thought he did quite a job over at Temple and trying to adapt to the Big East. He's obviously been around. He's been at Notre Dame, Florida and some great schools.

"He's a hard-nosed guy. He's not going to compromise. He'll do things the right way and I think he's a great hire in so many ways."

Addazio has an easier sell from his position at Boston College than he did at Temple, but it's clear the Eagles have some work ahead of them. Coaching changes present an opportunity, but that window of opportunity doesn't stay open for long.

It will be crucial, starting quickly with the Class of 2014, for the Eagles to make a splash with recruits. And where better to start than their own backyard?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:07 pm

Well he recruited Diamond Ferri. I think that's all we need to know about his recruiting chops.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Toal complimenting him is going to make HJS' head asplode.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby QuailMan on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:15 pm

Is it possible some Temple recruits follow to BC?
QuailMan
Carney Hall

Postby StayBlessed on Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:55 pm

QuailMan {l Wrote}:Is it possible some Temple recruits follow to BC?

LB Jarred Alwan and LB Buddy Brown seem to be recruited by BC...
StayBlessed
Carney Hall

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well he recruited Diamond Ferri. I think that's all we need to know about his recruiting chops.

Do you remember what would have happened for BC if Diamond went anywhere else but Syracuse. It could be argues that this was the in state loss that had the greatest negative affect on BC
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:56 am

Why would we want Temple recruits?
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:58 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

Because Temple has been kicking the shit out of BC in recruiting.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

Eh, well, if you wanna go with this upcoming class, BC has 6 more 3 stars (not that stars matter) than Temple and 1 more commitment overall. So, atleast for this upcoming class, it seems BC has the edge on the recruiting trail.
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

Eh, well, if you wanna go with this upcoming class, BC has 6 more 3 stars (not that stars matter) than Temple and 1 more commitment overall. So, atleast for this upcoming class, it seems BC has the edge on the recruiting trail.

No.

And take a gander at last year's classes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:34 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

No.

BC 12' - 2 4 stars, 8 3 stars, 17 overall commitments. Temple 12' - 29 overall commits, just 5 of those rated 3 stars.
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

No.

BC 12' - 2 4 stars, 8 3 stars, 17 overall commitments. Temple 12' - 29 overall commits, just 5 of those rated 3 stars.

No idea what you are looking at, because it is wrong. Farrell? Regardless I could give a shit. I have never bothered arguing with people that talk about stars, not going to start now.

I would trade the entire BC roster for the last two Temple recruiting classes.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:48 am

Oh, by the way ... that's Temple. A MAC team at the time. No tradition. Kicked out of a conference.

And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?

you're better than this
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?

you're better than this

This coming from you made me chuckle. Anyone else, I would have just agreed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:

No.

No idea what you are looking at, because it is wrong. Farrell? Regardless I could give a shit. I have never bothered arguing with people that talk about stars, not going to start now.

I would trade the entire BC roster for the last two Temple recruiting classes.

It's not from Farrell directly, no. But, it is from Rivals.
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, by the way ... that's Temple. A MAC team at the time. No tradition. Kicked out of a conference.

And what is 12 feet? Is 12' some sort of recruiting code? Is that foreign for '12?

That is my bad. It should be '12 (as in the class of '12).

But, as I stated, I don't care about stars either. I was just including them for the sake of argument.
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you're better than this

no you wouldn't have
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:01 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you're better than this

no you wouldn't have

Agreed.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:02 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Oh, by the way ... that's Temple. A MAC team at the time. No tradition. Kicked out of a conference.

That is my bad. It should be '12 (as in the class of '12).

But, as I stated, I don't care about stars either. I was just including them for the sake of argument.

Well if BC got some 12' recruits, they might have had something going.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium