2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby BCEaglesFan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:49 pm

BCChris15 {l Wrote}:http://bostoncollege.247sports.com/

Recruit reactions, visitor list and commit tracker at that link for those interested. - Chris

Thanks, considering subscribing
Follow me on twitter at @BeantownSports4 and at my new youtube channel BCEaglesHighlights http://www.youtube.com/user/BCEaglesHig ... ature=mhee
BCEaglesFan
Campion Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 pm

Donnie White write up for JuniorRaatard:

Donnie White Jr. has now taken official visits in back to back weeks and it looks like he's pretty satisfied with what he's seen.

White could decide between BC and Tulsa soon.
The St. Louis (Mo.) DeSmet defensive end is one of the Eagles' top remaining recruiting priorities and this weekend he was in Chestnut Hill for the first time. Boston College had been in regular contact with him prior to his visit, so while he had some idea of what to expect there's nothing like seeing a school for yourself. How did it go?

"Pretty good," White replied. "I liked the atmosphere. I liked the school. I liked the coaches and how they've been there for a long period of time. They're not just there a couple of years and then moving on to the next school.

"The game atmosphere was great. It was just what I'm looking for in a school. It's just like high school except it's at college."

The 6-foot-3, 215-pound prospect saw plenty of similarities with the schooling he has experienced so far.

"I come from a Jesuit high school so the similarities are there," he said. "That felt comfortable."

The weekend before his trip to Boston College, White was at Tulsa.

"That was an official," he said. "Tulsa was nice. They've got the same thing as Boston College, just it's not Jesuit. It's still a private education. Coach Blankenship's been there for a while he he has a son on board coaching with him so that's good."

White, a three-star prospect, indicated that his two favorites are BC and Tulsa, and a decision could be coming soon.

"They're pretty even at this point," he said of the Eagles and their competition. "As far as making a decision, I don't know yet. It will probably be sometime in the next couple of weeks."

Through six games of his own high school season White is leading the area with 12 sacks.
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby ConcernedEagle on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:53 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Initial recruit reaction from #BCEagles visitors this weekend is very positive. Two key targets could decide soon. #wearebc #premiumboard

Rowland

Can anyone post what he wrote on the prem board ?

Junior Raatard: "I'm not going to divulge all the details but I will just say that there was a mutual parting of ways here, and actually the nudge came from BC. No hard feelings, just not the right place."
ConcernedEagle
Carney Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:26 am

Neil Morrison commited to Western Michigan sometime in last week.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:54 pm

ConcernedEagle {l Wrote}:"The game atmosphere was great. It was just what I'm looking for in a school. It's just like high school except it's at college."

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Prep crushed BC High, BC commit Callinan had 3 tds and 111 yards on 4 receptions.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 pm

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby xu9697 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:24 pm

All 3 NE Ohio kids (LeShun Daniels, Drew Barksdale and Kevin Kavalec) continue to have really good seasons and had big games this past weekend. I know they are only 2 or 3 stars, but I think these are kids that will come in and do some good things at BC. As others have mentioned, "under the radar guys" at Div 1 HS in NE Ohio tend to be good pick-ups in general. From what I have read and seen of these 3, they will be valuable additions. No game breakers here, but solid players that, based on what I have seen of the current roster, will all be vying for playing time by their sophomore year.
xu9697
Carney Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:01 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/19219/player-of-the-week-roxbury-latins-mackay-lowrie
"WEST ROXBURY, Mass. -- After throwing for nearly 500 yards and totaling seven touchdowns in a wild win over St. Paul's, Roxbury Latin quarterback Mackay Lowrie is our Massachusetts Army National Guard Player of the Week for Week 6.

The Boston College-bound signal-caller threw for 497 yards and six touchdowns, while adding another with his feet in Saturday's 54-37 victory. "
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby joeyfenn on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:17 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/19219/player-of-the-week-roxbury-latins-mackay-lowrie
"WEST ROXBURY, Mass. -- After throwing for nearly 500 yards and totaling seven touchdowns in a wild win over St. Paul's, Roxbury Latin quarterback Mackay Lowrie is our Massachusetts Army National Guard Player of the Week for Week 6.

The Boston College-bound signal-caller threw for 497 yards and six touchdowns, while adding another with his feet in Saturday's 54-37 victory. "

I go to St. Paul's (the school he lit up on Saturday) I couldn't see the game because I'm on the soccer team but his stats don't mean much. St. Paul's is a mediocre ISL, probably middle of the pack.

His O-Line is trash so at least he is under pressure a lot but it is going to be difficult assessing Lowrie with his schedule.
joeyfenn
McGuinn Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Stats don't mean much and IMO are probably the worst thing you can look at when evaluating a QB. It's all well and good if the stats are good but it means pretty much nothing. Having said that, it's when you watch the film that you realize how good Lowrie is. Top 20 QB I'm this class IMO. Ceiling is higher than that too but he's still raw in some areas so projection wise right now before senior film it's too tough to put him any higher.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:37 am

http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1423186

Rivals look at what a firing might mean for recruiting. While Pat Forde can eff himself, here's what was said about BC (it only reinforces how bad this class is):

Frank Spaziani, Boston College

Situation: The Eagles have gone from two straight ACC title-game appearances to winless against FBS-level opponents quickly under the watch of Spaziani. The team will likely not be favored to win in any of its remaining games and as if a one-win season wasn't enough to seal the fate of a head coach, Boston College recently hired a new athletic director. Brad Bates will come into the job from Miami (Ohio) and like most all new hires at the position, Bates will likely look to make a change.

Recruiting Impact: The current class has 17 commitments and none are higher than a three-star; many do not have many other FBS-level options to fall back on. The leading candidate for an immediate decommitment would be linebacker Jack Cottrell from Eden Prairie (Minn.) High, who could elect to stay home and play for the Golden Gophers. Aside from Cottrell, many of the players would likely stick with the school if for nothing else than a stellar education.

Quotable: "This is a tough job," Yahoo! Sports college football columnist Pat Forde said. "It is a geographically odd fit within its conference, it doesn't have the best facilities, and really it has probably overachieved when Matt Ryan was there and it made the expectations higher than they really should have been."
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Ibrahim to Pitt, Pitt came in late with offer after Iowa/BC were in drivers seat.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:02 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Ibrahim to Pitt, Pitt came in late with offer after Iowa/BC were in drivers seat.

He's extremely unimpressive. Didn't understand why BC was recruiting him. He did break Maryland's record with 7 rushing TD's...but he doesn't have good lateral movement. LeShun is better
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby GreenvilleEagle on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:Ibrahim to Pitt, Pitt came in late with offer after Iowa/BC were in drivers seat.

He's extremely unimpressive. Didn't understand why BC was recruiting him. He did break Maryland's record with 7 rushing TD's...but he doesn't have good lateral movement. LeShun is better

Would you have been more impressed if he had an offer from Bucknell?
GreenvilleEagle
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:02 am

GreenvilleEagle {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Would you have been more impressed if he had an offer from Bucknell?

Doesn't take a genius to watch highlight tapes
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 am

It looks like ther is another Flutie at Natick, Troy Flutie who looks like a dual threat QB.

In his first full season as a starter in 2011, the sophomore blossomed into a dual-threat quarterback. Flutie completed 136-of-218 passes for 2,018 yards and 21 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,100 yards and 11 touchdowns on 121 carries.

This year, Flutie has helped guide the Redhawks to an undefeated season (6-0) and a No. 10 ranking in the latest Boston Herald Sweet 16 poll. In last Friday’s 42-23 win over previous unbeaten Weymouth, the 6-foot, 175-pounder may have had his best all-around game. He ran for 231 yards and two touchdowns, while throwing for 183 yards and two more scores

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/hig ... es_natick/
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:24 am

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:It looks like ther is another Flutie at Natick, Troy Flutie who looks like a dual threat QB.

In his first full season as a starter in 2011, the sophomore blossomed into a dual-threat quarterback. Flutie completed 136-of-218 passes for 2,018 yards and 21 touchdowns, while rushing for 1,100 yards and 11 touchdowns on 121 carries.

This year, Flutie has helped guide the Redhawks to an undefeated season (6-0) and a No. 10 ranking in the latest Boston Herald Sweet 16 poll. In last Friday’s 42-23 win over previous unbeaten Weymouth, the 6-foot, 175-pounder may have had his best all-around game. He ran for 231 yards and two touchdowns, while throwing for 183 yards and two more scores

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/hig ... es_natick/

Have we offered him yet? Or does Doug just have to call the new coach during his first day at BC?
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:28 am

As far as I am concerned, anyone with the last name Flutie can get a scholarship. Even if they aren't Doug, I would take another Billy, who was a very solid player all around for the program.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As far as I am concerned, anyone with the last name Flutie can get a scholarship. Even if they aren't Doug, I would take another Billy, who was a very solid player all around for the program.

plus he probably wouldn't get suspended
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:As far as I am concerned, anyone with the last name Flutie can get a scholarship. Even if they aren't Doug, I would take another Billy, who was a very solid player all around for the program.

I agree 100%. Anytime Billy would get into a TV game, they would always talk about Doug and show the highlight. And that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

What I was being a smart-ass about is does BC just make a call to the kid and say "you know we have a schollie for you, let us know" or does Doug make a visit to tell the coach "you have a schollie for him, right?"
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:47 am

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

I agree 100%. Anytime Billy would get into a TV game, they would always talk about Doug and show the highlight. And that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

What I was being a smart-ass about is does BC just make a call to the kid and say "you know we have a schollie for you, let us know" or does Doug make a visit to tell the coach "you have a schollie for him, right?"

I suspect that Doug probably stays out of that, but I also suspect any coach that isn't a complete moron would have no hesitation using a schollie on what appears to be a pretty good football player with the last name "Flutie".

On the same note, they should recruit any punter with a hit off of Dice-K and any grandson of the King of Africa.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Fire Spaz on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:55 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

I suspect that Doug probably stays out of that, but I also suspect any coach that isn't a complete moron would have no hesitation using a schollie on what appears to be a pretty good football player with the last name "Flutie".

On the same note, they should recruit any punter with a hit off of Dice-K and any grandson of the King of Africa.

We also need to tap back into the off-spring of Jumbo Elliot.
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby vegasEagle on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

I get the Kiwi reference but who had a hit off of dice-k?

And i've seen this jumbo elliot thing in other threads but i dont understand it, explain please?

BTW I saw Elliot in the parking lot at Giants Stadium in 1993. He's the biggest football player I've ever seen. Ron Stone was pretty big during his time at bc. I remember walking behind him out a door. I couldnt see any of the door frame. Kendall, Josh Porter, and Greg Landry were pretty big boys while at BC plus it was funny watching them trying to ride a jet ski in Florida in 94. Just too big for the thing.
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

And i've seen this jumbo elliot thing in other threads but i dont understand it, explain please?

BTW I saw Elliot in the parking lot at Giants Stadium in 1993. He's the biggest football player I've ever seen. Ron Stone was pretty big during his time at bc. I remember walking behind him out a door. I couldnt see any of the door frame. Kendall, Josh Porter, and Greg Landry were pretty big boys while at BC plus it was funny watching them trying to ride a jet ski in Florida in 94. Just too big for the thing.

Johnny Ayers was also a BC baseball player and in the Sox/BC scrimmage he was the first American player to get a hit of Dice-K when he came over from Japan. The hit was a double.

In the 2007 class we had a recruit named John Elliott, then in 2008 we had a recruit named Donte Elliott.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:12 pm

vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Ayers got a hit off of Dice-K in the annual BC-Sox game. It was the standard meme for broadcasters after the Kiwi thing.

The Elliot thing was when we were recruiting Donte Elliot. The running joke was that any kid of an NFL player is probably good - that was when we recruiting Tuggle as well.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Fire Spaz on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:16 pm

To save HJS the trouble, Jumbo's kids were a better "fit."
Wikipedia {l Wrote}:Spaziani is known as a wordsmith often answering interview questions with unintelligible murmurs or seemingly invented words. He has been honored by his peers as the most underqualified coach ever assigned to a head coaching role at a Division 1 school
Fire Spaz
McGuinn Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:14 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:
Fire Spaz {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
vegasEagle {l Wrote}:

Johnny Ayers was also a BC baseball player and in the Sox/BC scrimmage he was the first American player to get a hit of Dice-K when he came over from Japan. The hit was a double.

In the 2007 class we had a recruit named John Elliott, then in 2008 we had a recruit named Donte Elliott.

Plus John Elliott was a highly-recruited white OL from NY and Jumbo Elliott's real name is John, so a lot of people (myself included) were legitimately wondering if John was Jumbo's son or otherwise related (he isn't).
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:54 pm

looks likes we got a new recruit but can't remember the name from the twitter.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby joesim on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:03 pm

?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium