2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:08 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:If Brian Kelly leaves for the Eagles Addazio needs to make a lot of phone calls. Multiple kids that fit here very well.

it's not easy to recruit someone away from a team in the BCS title game <insert joke here> to a 2-10 team...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 pm

No it's not but if the coaching process isn't quick for them a lot of kids might not want to wait around with NSD a month away. Montelus,McGlinchey,Kinlaw,Butler,and Zaire should get calls if it happens.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:07 am

They should get calls regardless
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:59 am

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:If Brian Kelly leaves for the Eagles Addazio needs to make a lot of phone calls. Multiple kids that fit here very well.

TGOSB tweeted last night that he doesnt think Kelly leaving will have a huge impact on the class at all. I think its tough to tell with Montellus (in re: to where else he would seriously consider) since he commited so early but hes worth a shot, as is McGlinchey for the obvious reasons (and I believe that SA has already reached out to MM)
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

TGOSB tweeted last night that he doesnt think Kelly leaving will have a huge impact on the class at all. I think its tough to tell with Montellus (in re: to where else he would seriously consider) since he commited so early but hes worth a shot, as is McGlinchey for the obvious reasons (and I believe that SA has already reached out to MM)

we're just such a shit show right now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

It won't have an impact on our class, but how can you say the coaching staff leaving won't have an impact on ND's class? Seriously. These kids picked ND over Bama, OSU, Fla, Mich, Oregon, USC, Texas and whatever homes state U. Hard to imagine that they wouldn't take Nick Saban or Urban Meyer's calls.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

It won't have an impact on our class, but how can you say the coaching staff leaving won't have an impact on ND's class? Seriously. These kids picked ND over Bama, OSU, Fla, Mich, Oregon, USC, Texas and whatever homes state U. Hard to imagine that they wouldn't take Nick Saban or Urban Meyer's calls.

Im just relaying the word of the great guru. He tweeted something about the kids "sometime choosing schools for different reasons" or something, and that he didnt see it having a huge impact. I personally believe if Kelly and his staff leave the ND class will see some significant turnover.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Saw Roland say that a GT recruit is visiting BC on the 18th..any idea who it is?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:01 pm

Damon Mitchell you want your QB to fit in his system here he is. Freak athlete could be a WR or S as well.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:03 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

Im just relaying the word of the great guru. He tweeted something about the kids "sometime choosing schools for different reasons" or something, and that he didnt see it having a huge impact. I personally believe if Kelly and his staff leave the ND class will see some significant turnover.

I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm just saying Farrell is a fraud. To that point, Alex Anzalone has announced that he is decommitting from ND and is enrolling immediately at Florida... all because Kelly interviewed (as opposed to agreeing to leave) with the Eagles.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:10 am

maybe he just doesn't want to jinx his spring break trip
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby GT BoSox on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:11 am

- Boston College is currently sitting in third place for Carrollwood Day (FL) athlete Robert Davis, although he is still considering an official visit on January 25th.

It appears the order is USF, Cincy, BC. Rated 2* by 247.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:51 am

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:- Boston College is currently sitting in third place for Carrollwood Day (FL) athlete Robert Davis, although he is still considering an official visit on January 25th.

BC hasn't offered him yet, so that might have something to do with his order. Looks like Daz is going after Raphael Webb before Davis, and who knows what the deal is with Coppet.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:06 am

31southst {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:- Boston College is currently sitting in third place for Carrollwood Day (FL) athlete Robert Davis, although he is still considering an official visit on January 25th.

BC hasn't offered him yet, so that might have something to do with his order. Looks like Daz is going after Raphael Webb before Davis, and who knows what the deal is with Coppet.

Coppet supposedly doesn't have an offer from BC anymore.
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:41 am

There is a TOS article saying Davis doesn't have an offer yet so BC is not in his top 2 but he would be more interested if they offered. Also looking at two other recruits: Silas Spearman, 5'10, 195, Seminole Ridge (FL) and Wendell Dunn, who is a wake commit.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby fs33 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:00 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm just saying Farrell is a fraud. To that point, Alex Anzalone has announced that he is decommitting from ND and is enrolling immediately at Florida... all because Kelly interviewed (as opposed to agreeing to leave) with the Eagles.

Gene would be proud.
fs33
McGuinn Hall

Postby UK Eagle on Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:07 pm

Halfway down this article there is a paragraph on the Coggins situation. Still undecided...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/21594/recruiting-notes-exeters-laurent-commits-to-umass
UK Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:33 pm

UK Eagle {l Wrote}:Halfway down this article there is a paragraph on the Coggins situation. Still undecided...

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-school/post/_/id/21594/recruiting-notes-exeters-laurent-commits-to-umass

99.9% sure he didn't pass through the clearing house & will prep.
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
bruisertm {l Wrote}:Dan Monteroso rated as a 76 and #103 WR per ESPN today

Very accurate. I have a feeling they are going to rate Leshun Daniels similar

Comparing Monteroso to Daniels is proving prophetic.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:45 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

If your talking about how they are both rated 131 in their position on ESPN, or rivals rating of Daniels as the 66th best player in the state, Monteroso being the 73rd, then sure. Didn't rate Daniels as high as i expected though.

EDIT: Didn't realize Monteroso was visiting Purdue today, I still think he stays but we will see.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Todd Fitch has landed on his feet quite nicely.

The veteran college football coach was on the staff at South Florida the last several years, but found himself seeking a job after USF dismissed its coaching staff last month.

Earlier this week, Fitch, who is a Bellaire High graduate, was hired as wide receivers coach at Boston College under newly hired head coach Steve Addazio.

It didn't take Fitch long to hit the recruiting trail back to the Ohio Valley. He was in attendance at Friday's St. Clairsville vs. Union Local boys basketball game to watch B.C. commit Dan Monteroso play for the Red Devils.

Along with USF, Fitch has worked at East Carolina, Iowa State, South Carolina, Connecticut, Colorado State, Bowling Green and his collegiate alma mater, Ohio Wesleyan.

Todd's brother, Dirk, is the superintendent of the Martins Ferry City School District.

We'll have more on Fitch's hiring in the coming weeks.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

If your talking about how they are both rated 131 in their position on ESPN, or rivals rating of Daniels as the 66th best player in the state, Monteroso being the 73rd, then sure. Didn't rate Daniels as high as i expected though.

EDIT: Didn't realize Monteroso was visiting Purdue today, I still think he stays but we will see.

The Dazzler strikes again!!!

Seriously, are we ever going to get another commit or what??!! Fuck. :dildodog
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:29 pm

A lot of conflicting reports on Monteroso not so sure he's visiting Purdue. Silas Spearman will be on campus this weekend if he gets the offer I think he commits.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:32 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}: Silas Spearman will be on campus this weekend if he gets the offer I think he commits.

FWIW, Rivals shows him with a BC offer.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:41 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

The Dazzler strikes again!!!

Seriously, are we ever going to get another commit or what??!! Fuck. :dildodog

I sure hope The Dazzler turns out better than the last coach we supposedly hired because of his great recruiting :spaz2

Regardless, Stank Daziani has done absolutely nothing to allay the concerns pretty much everyone immediately raised when he was shockingly announced (outside of stealing UConn's DC for the same position). No coach will ultimately be judged solely upon how he handled the transition period. However, a controversial hire can certainly win some goodwill by kicking ass during it. Further, the players that he signs in a few weeks will go a long way in determining his coaching fate.
Last edited by HJS on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
bceagles24 {l Wrote}: Silas Spearman will be on campus this weekend if he gets the offer I think he commits.

FWIW, Rivals shows him with a BC offer.

Weird the FL guy that's been on top of things when it comes to Spearman is saying he still has to meet with Addazio although that normally means its just a forgone conclusion.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby gaelfu on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:56 pm

When does this awesome recruiting kick in again?
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:45 pm

Why didn't Spearman have an offer from Temple? Not good enough for Temple but good enough for BC? This makes no sense to me.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:48 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:Why didn't Spearman have an offer from Temple? Not good enough for Temple but good enough for BC? This makes no sense to me.

He was a Don Brown guy. I actually like his film a lot. Also think he's probably having to meet with the admission people as well when he comes up.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:08 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Why didn't Spearman have an offer from Temple? Not good enough for Temple but good enough for BC? This makes no sense to me.

He was a Don Brown guy. I actually like his film a lot. Also think he's probably having to meet with the admission people as well when he comes up.

In that case did he have a UConn offer? Same problem applies - if he didn't warrant a UConn offer with a coordinator pushing him, why now a BC offer? Also, are we looking at him as an RB or some sort of DB?
31southst
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium