2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:25 pm

Evidently RFA is no longer a powerhouse - 0-8 last year.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:They are Class A. They crushed Rome Free Academy

SCOREBOARD
Date OPPONENT LOCATION TIME
SCORE
B'ville - Opponent
August 25th Central Square (Scrimmage) Central Square 10:00 AM
NA

August 31st Cicero-North Syracuse Bragman Complex 7:00 PM 34 - 07
September 7th Henninger Pelcher-Arcaro 6:30 PM 47 - 42
September 14th Fayetteville-Manlius Pelcher-Arcaro 7:00 PM 25 - 34
September 21st Rome Free Academy Rome 7:00 PM 59 - 28
September 28th Auburn Pelcher-Arcaro 6:30 PM 56 - 12
October 5th Liverpool Liverpool HS Stadium 7:00 PM 54 - 29
October 12th Thomas R Proctor HS Pelcher-Arcaro 6:30 PM 40 - 32
October 19th Central Square Pelcher-Arcaro 6:30 PM 63 - 20
October 26th Fayetteville-Manlius Liverpool HS Stadium 8:00 PM 38 - 36
November 3rd Christian Brothers Academy Carrier Dome 3:00 PM 24 - 35

Is Class A the highest or lowest? In PA the more A's the better the level.

In NY Class A is the biggest schools, or at least it was. Regardless, RFA and Liverpool are two of the biggest high schools in upstate. RFA used to be a football powerhouse, and I believe CBA still is.

cool, according to the very scientific opinions of some syrcuse fans on their message board he has not received offers because he is closer to 5'6 than 5'8 and because his bulking up to get to 200 has negated some of his quickness from earlier in his career. He actually seems kind of like your boy, Jordan Daniels, in that he was supposed to be the next big thing in ninth grade but never grew.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:28 pm

as long as you're on the 'cuse fan website can you see if anyone has access to those locker room videos for... ummmmm... research?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:33 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:EDIT - I believe NY is Class A, B, C, D. These schools are AA, which may be the biggest

CONFIRMED! Cutoff is just under a thousand students.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby footer20 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Rouse has no activity on scout or ESPN.
247 lists him as 5-11 and having high interest in Temple, Syracuse, UConn, and Buffalo.
The Syracuse boards I read mentioned possible offers from Pitt, RU, and UConn. And the fans there expected him to be a stud as a 5-6 freshman putting up huge stats but he stopped growing and strength trains freakishly. They say that although he put up great numbers, his increased weight slowed him down a bit. By the way, the native New Yorkers say 5-7 is pushing it.

EDIT: No FBS offers yet I believe
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:55 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:Rouse has no activity on scout or ESPN.
247 lists him as 5-11 and having high interest in Temple, Syracuse, UConn, and Buffalo.
The Syracuse boards I read mentioned possible offers from Pitt, RU, and UConn. And the fans there expected him to be a stud as a 5-6 freshman putting up huge stats but he stopped growing and strength trains freakishly. They say that although he put up great numbers, his increased weight slowed him down a bit. By the way, the native New Yorkers say 5-7 is pushing it.

EDIT: No FBS offers yet I believe

Where's Vader BoardJudge to rule from the bench when we need him?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle216 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:17 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

SCOREBOARD
SCORE
B'ville - Opponent
NA

In NY Class A is the biggest schools, or at least it was. Regardless, RFA and Liverpool are two of the biggest high schools in upstate. RFA used to be a football powerhouse, and I believe CBA still is.

EDIT - I believe NY is Class A, B, C, D. These schools are AA, which may be the biggest

In NY in football, AA is the biggest, than A, than B, and so on. So class A is the second biggest classification.
eagle216
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:27 pm

eagle216 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

SCOREBOARD
SCORE
B'ville - Opponent
NA

EDIT - I believe NY is Class A, B, C, D. These schools are AA, which may be the biggest

In NY in football, AA is the biggest, than A, than B, and so on. So class A is the second biggest classification.

That's why I edited the post. There used to be no class AA.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleNYC on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:36 pm

With all this talk of A, B, C, D, and relative size, my mind rested upon this scene.

EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413

He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.

Seconded.

what is the competition like?

It's a suburb of Syracuse, so "mediocre" is probably fair. Not sure what level his school is playing.

EDIT: the high school has 1421 students so it is probably close to class A

Isn't JoLonn Dunbar from the Syracuse area? Possibly same league?
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 pm

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:BC is apparently looking at a Ray Rice-like RB...
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/405678/#highlights/18284413

He is the new "target" in TOS' Notebook. Says he is a "high character" kid which usually means slow.

Call me crazy, but I'm impressed with his film.

Seconded.

what is the competition like?

It's a suburb of Syracuse, so "mediocre" is probably fair. Not sure what level his school is playing.

EDIT: the high school has 1421 students so it is probably close to class A

Isn't JoLonn Dunbar from the Syracuse area? Possibly same league?

Dunbar went to Syracuse Corcoran.

They are in the other division from Baldwinsville, with Christian Brothers. Baldwinsville and CBA played for the Section III title.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:54 pm

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:02 pm

Kid is too small, doesn't have elite top end speed and played against crap competition. You pretty much just described Ray Rice coming out of high school. Look... I'm not saying we should be pinning the future of the program on the kid. But, we need RBs and he has incredible production... which is something I think helps immensely in a position where success is based upon vision and cutting more than size and speed. I'm not saying grab the kid over others... but, if we are taking a shot with a kid, I feel much better offering Rouse than I did Craan.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Iggle on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:14 pm

I liked what I saw of Rouse, more than the highlights of Webb and Spearman that I've seen.
zzz
Iggle
Campion Hall

Postby footer20 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:21 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Kid is too small, doesn't have elite top end speed and played against crap competition. You pretty much just described Ray Rice coming out of high school. Look... I'm not saying we should be pinning the future of the program on the kid. But, we need RBs and he has incredible production... which is something I think helps immensely in a position where success is based upon vision and cutting more than size and speed. I'm not saying grab the kid over others... but, if we are taking a shot with a kid, I feel much better offering Rouse than I did Craan.

He's received more comparisons to Mike Hart of Michigan and the Colts partly because of the upstate NY ties. However, Hart was a great college RB. I wouldn't mind a flier on this kid.
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:29 pm

footer20 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Kid is too small, doesn't have elite top end speed and played against crap competition. You pretty much just described Ray Rice coming out of high school. Look... I'm not saying we should be pinning the future of the program on the kid. But, we need RBs and he has incredible production... which is something I think helps immensely in a position where success is based upon vision and cutting more than size and speed. I'm not saying grab the kid over others... but, if we are taking a shot with a kid, I feel much better offering Rouse than I did Craan.

He's received more comparisons to Mike Hart of Michigan and the Colts partly because of the upstate NY ties. However, Hart was a great college RB. I wouldn't mind a flier on this kid.

Hart also had elite speed (if I recall correctly).

Teddy... what's more... Rouse also happen to have won GATORADE POY for New York.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
footer20 {l Wrote}:

Hart also had elite speed (if I recall correctly).

Teddy... what's more... Rouse also happen to have won GATORADE POY for New York.

I'm sold on this kid. Like Cedric Washington, you really can't ignore those kind of rushing numbers, especially when the competition is not terrible. Though RFA is down, he had a decent game against Christian Bros in the sectional finals, and the offense was heavily reliant upon him.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby SeaCaptim on Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Hart also had elite speed

Negative. Hart was slow, but very productive.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:00 pm

Tristan Cooper is being looked at as a DB. That makes sense considering we're moving to a scheme that might consider playing more than two corners at a time. Sounds like he will hear about an offer by the end of the week.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby GT BoSox on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm

Apparently there appears to be a snag with admissions regarding Spearman, according to BCI.

Spearman was on campus this past weekend on an official visit and is hopeful that he'll receive an offer. Despite Rivals, ESPN and 247 Sports all reporting that he has an official offer from Boston College, there seems to be a bit of a snag in the process.

Spearman does not have a #BC offer. Addazio and staff are waiting for clearance from their admissions office before offering the RB.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2013-bost ... ain-target
http://www.yourtwopennies.com/forum/forum.php - Sports Talk That Makes Cents!
GT BoSox
Carney Hall

Postby 31southst on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm

Apparently Wisconsin just offered/got a commitment from a DB from Everett. It appears he had no other others (FCS or FBS), so I can't get on the staff for passing here. This seems like a staff in transition offer by Wisconsin (also known as the kind we were used to seeing Spaz make in July).
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:06 pm

GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Apparently there appears to be a snag with admissions regarding Spearman, according to BCI.

Spearman was on campus this past weekend on an official visit and is hopeful that he'll receive an offer. Despite Rivals, ESPN and 247 Sports all reporting that he has an official offer from Boston College, there seems to be a bit of a snag in the process.

Spearman does not have a #BC offer. Addazio and staff are waiting for clearance from their admissions office before offering the RB.

this never ends in a commitment.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
GT BoSox {l Wrote}:Apparently there appears to be a snag with admissions regarding Spearman, according to BCI.

Spearman having trouble with admissions is the least shocking moment of this recruiting season.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Spearman having trouble with admissions is the least shocking moment of this recruiting season.

I agree that it is not shocking. One of two things will happen now 1) admissions will not accept him; or 2) he will get pissed at the process and commit somewhere else while admissions has their thumbs in asses.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby gaelfu on Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Who had 50 days in the "How long will it take our awesome!!!!!!!!!! recruiting wizard coach to secure his first commit" pool?

You came up short.
tobaccoroadeagle is a giant flaming tool, Fight the good fight 74!
gaelfu
Carney Hall

Postby MattTheEagle on Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:11 am

gaelfu {l Wrote}:Who had 50 days in the "How long will it take our awesome!!!!!!!!!! recruiting wizard coach to secure his first commit" pool?

You came up short.

You must not be including transfers. Addazio got his first commit on January 3.
MattTheEagle
Campion Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:03 am

MattTheEagle {l Wrote}:
gaelfu {l Wrote}:Who had 50 days in the "How long will it take our awesome!!!!!!!!!! recruiting wizard coach to secure his first commit" pool?

You came up short.

You must not be including transfers. Addazio got his first commit on January 3.

I think you're mixing up the "seed of his loins" division with the "non-seed of his loins" division.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:30 am

Part of the issue with this last minute recruiting is that none of the services are paying any attention anymore. On TOS BC used to have there own "writer" and TGOSB used to contribute more or less weekly. Scout used to have someone covering BC, I don't know whether they do at all but it was terrible coverage anyway even on its best day. Now on EA, BC shares a "writer" with Kentucky. For perspective to how little attention is paid to BC, he has tweeted over 80 times about Kentucky recruiting since his last BC recruiting tweet.

I'm sure this is in large part because Stoops>>>>>Addazio and Kentucky is in the SEC and the rise of Louisville football has made Kentucky fans care more than they normally would and Cal is having a shitty season, but part of it is market driven too. Bottomline, I'd imagine there are other names than just Julian, Spearman, Webb, Davis, McEvoy, Garcia, Cooper, Rause and Walsh.

I don't really know much about 247, does bceagles24 run their BC site or something? Maybe they are different. I have no idea.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Part of the issue with this last minute recruiting is that none of the services are paying any attention anymore. On TOS BC used to have there own "writer" and TGOSB used to contribute more or less weekly. Scout used to have someone covering BC, I don't know whether they do at all but it was terrible coverage anyway even on its best day. Now on EA, BC shares a "writer" with Kentucky. For perspective to how little attention is paid to BC, he has tweeted over 80 times about Kentucky recruiting since his last BC recruiting tweet.

I'm sure this is in large part because Stoops>>>>>Addazio and Kentucky is in the SEC and the rise of Louisville football has made Kentucky fans care more than they normally would and Cal is having a shitty season, but part of it is market driven too. Bottomline, I'd imagine there are other names than just Julian, Spearman, Webb, Davis, McEvoy, Garcia, Cooper, Rause and Walsh.

I don't really know much about 247, does bceagles24 run their BC site or something? Maybe they are different. I have no idea.

I'd suggest asking Shaddix.

He's THE recruiting guy.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Part of the issue with this last minute recruiting is that none of the services are paying any attention anymore. On TOS BC used to have there own "writer" and TGOSB used to contribute more or less weekly. Scout used to have someone covering BC, I don't know whether they do at all but it was terrible coverage anyway even on its best day. Now on EA, BC shares a "writer" with Kentucky. For perspective to how little attention is paid to BC, he has tweeted over 80 times about Kentucky recruiting since his last BC recruiting tweet.

Nope not me that runs it but I wouldn't suggest it. EA is unfortunately the best place for any info at this point. Chris Anderson at 247 is a moron and scout doesn't have a BC writer anymore.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium