Blitz issues

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Blitz issues

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:09 pm

Since some of you liked when I did this last time.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2009/10/tr ... blitz.html
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Re: Blitz issues

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Your post is confirmation that we do not teach, or train our guys to blitz and blitz properly and its an instinct thing when a LB lines up and sees a gap where he can make a play....or a on the move running down the line of scrimmage DB?

Luke has it, but he is handcuffed.

We need a whole new Coaching staff.

That will not happen for 3 more years.

It is over.

It is done.

The Long 3 Season's Journey into Suffering Has Begun. We now live in Spazoo. Three Years.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:58 pm

Nice work. (ATL that is)

Pitiful Work BC.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:11 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Since some of you liked when I did this last time.

http://atleagle.blogspot.com/2009/10/tr ... blitz.html

ATL... you really missed the boat on this.

Like I was saying yesterday, even the VT announcers picked up on what BC was doing. Your Blog's pictures show it with awesome clarity, but you don't discuss it.

BC NEVER really tried to rush the passer. They did a "controlled" rush where everyone deliberately stayed in their lanes. Further, they let one DL always remain at the line of scrimmage to shadow/contain Tyrod in case he scrambled. Take another look at your pictures.

Here is the picture just before the snap. It looks like we are going to bring heat rushing 5.

At the snap, the Left DE and Left DT just bullrush straight up the field. The Right DE bulls striaght up the field but takes more of an inside route with Legrande sprinting in off the edge. However, the Right DT (who basically is lined up as a NG in the 5 man front) just stands up. He make NO effort to pass rush.

Here is the last picture and it just reinforces the lack of an ATTEMPT to pass rush.

Everytime we lined with a 4-man front, we rushed 3. Everytime we "blitzed", we rushed 4. Big fucking shock we didn't get a pass rush. Essentially, the defensive coaching staff was so concerned about the rushing QB that they decided not to risk a broken play. And instead was more than OK with Taylor having another career day (let's note that this is the third conosecutive year where we have made EVERY QB look like fucking Elway). BTW, with Russell Wilson on tap for this week, you will see this same "contained pass-rush" rearing its ugly head as we get fucking torched by the conferences best QB on our way to our 2nd loss in this 3-game losing streak.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby 15Radnor on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:29 am

Good work.

McGovern= :puke
94, thanks for the motivation!
15Radnor
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 am

Click the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292830259

It is to the ESPN Article on the game and has the first half "highlights" embedded.

On the 3rd and 20 touchdown pass... watch what happens. We rush 2 guys... both on a controlled outside contained rush. We have the DT literally just standing at the line of scrimmage. When Tyrod starts to move within the pocket and makes it appear like he is going to scramble, the DT makes his move. Now... as a review... the OG throws him to the grouond with a hold (got his hands outside of his shoulder pads)... but the point is we RUSHED FUCKING TWO GUYS ON A 3rd and 20!!!!!! No defense can a QB... ANY QB 30 seconds to throw the ball. Shit... Dom Davis, Chris Crane, Tuggle, Shinskie, Marsco, Porter and Boatwright, El Nokali and Applegate would look like effing All Americans if our opponents would rush 2 guys.

This is pussy football. Probably shouldn't expect any different from a man who has had the life sucked out him by his masshole wife.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:47 am

I don't necessarily disagree with you, HJS. In fact I even mention that LeGrande just sort of stands up and is playing contain. Regardless, we rushed 5 and put our worse pass defender (McL) in a bad spot (covering a WR) and either Kuechly or the Safety didn't bother covering the releasing RB. The play was a good idea, but bad design and execution.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:01 pm

Just got back from Lane Stadium, what a shitshow that game was. Anyway, on the blitzes, if I see Bowman blitz the QB one more time from 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage I'm going to cry. Newsflash coaching staff, any decent QB will not still have the football by the time our safety reaches 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:56 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:I don't necessarily disagree with you, HJS. In fact I even mention that LeGrande just sort of stands up and is playing contain. Regardless, we rushed 5 and put our worse pass defender (McL) in a bad spot (covering a WR) and either Kuechly or the Safety didn't bother covering the releasing RB. The play was a good idea, but bad design and execution.

What is there to disagree with? Are you saying that you agree with rushing TWO guys on third and twenty???? What I stated was a fact... on every passing down we "rushed" one less guy than we showed. On the Legrande play, we still wound up "rushing" only four. The fifth stayed on the LOS to shadow Tyrod.

My point is that you cannot begin to address the lack of a pass rush without pointing out that we never attempted one. A Dline of Mamula, Kiwi, Hovan and Raji ain't getting pressure on Tyrod if one of them isn't allowed to rush the passer and the other three are on a controlled rush primarily designed to keep Tyrod in between the tackles.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Return to Alumni Stadium