Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Penn State

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:speaking of the Feds, question for the lawyers and those who play them on TV

isn't transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of buggering the minor a federal crime???

Yes. That's the Mann Act. It's most notably been used to prosecute polygamist leaders but it applies to all other sex crimes with minors.

Would a sexual assault have to have occurred on one of these trips? I assume the only way to prove this would be testimony from a victim.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:55 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:Is "Negging my Karma" an Encino Man reference?

Is the Montana guy from EI? If so, welcome aboard, good poster.

I was stuck in traffic.

if memory serves me, he hit the wrong button on registration and was registered as under 13 and therefore couldn't read or post. since the under 13 is justin territory and we know he doesn't do anything around here but cash the checks, it wasn't until recently that he was noticed and granted access to read, post and participate.

i find it interesting that someone noticed his arrival for the first time in this thread :duchE

That is partly true. I was changing my screen name, hit the wrong button and left it at that. I decided to just use my original screen name. I post sporadically at best. I was commenting on what sounded like a Pauly Shore reference.
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 pm

MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I was stuck in traffic.

if memory serves me, he hit the wrong button on registration and was registered as under 13 and therefore couldn't read or post. since the under 13 is justin territory and we know he doesn't do anything around here but cash the checks, it wasn't until recently that he was noticed and granted access to read, post and participate.

i find it interesting that someone noticed his arrival for the first time in this thread :duchE

That is partly true. I was changing my screen name, hit the wrong button and left it at that. I decided to just use my original screen name. I post sporadically at best. I was commenting on what sounded like a Pauly Shore reference.

"negging my karma" = "weasin' the juice" in the 2010s
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 pm

Back to business, how is McQueary not in more deep shit than Paterno? I would have to assume he's getting canned as well?

Also, wikipedia historian editing for the win:

In a recent interview with ABC News, McQueary states that he and Sandusky had a sometimes "volatile relationship". Mcqueary also added that, "it looks like Sandusky was the McQueer one after all".
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:34 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:Back to business, how is McQueary not in more deep shit than Paterno? I would have to assume he's getting canned as well?

Also, wikipedia historian editing for the win:

In a recent interview with ABC News, McQueary states that he and Sandusky had a sometimes "volatile relationship". Mcqueary also added that, "it looks like Sandusky was the McQueer one after all".

I made a McQueer joke a few hours ago. This wikipedia historian must read EO.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Shredder on Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:35 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:
Mosi {l Wrote}:speaking of the Feds, question for the lawyers and those who play them on TV

isn't transporting a minor across state lines for the purpose of buggering the minor a federal crime???

Yes. That's the Mann Act. It's most notably been used to prosecute polygamist leaders but it applies to all other sex crimes with minors.

Would a sexual assault have to have occurred on one of these trips? I assume the only way to prove this would be testimony from a victim.

The statute just requires transportation with intent to commit an illicit sex act. Still, because of the Confrontation Clause, live victims almost always have to testify.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:02 am

Shredder {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:

The statute just requires transportation with intent to commit an illicit sex act. Still, because of the Confrontation Clause, live victims almost always have to testify.

The GJ report says something about a kid being with him at the Alamo Bowl(I assume they traveled there from PA) wherein Sandusky tells the kid he'll send him home if he doesn't do something or other(which is likely gross and illegal). I'd say there's your federal jurisdiction.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am

[quote="twballgame9"} Newsflash: when people get arrested and indicted, it's a legal case.

I think the incident is horrible and they should all burn in hell. Everyone pretty much agrees, so it isn't very interesting. What is interesting is the retarded people that can't think about it rationally and start talking about the law, and then get pissed when lawyers correct them. If you had stuck with "this is horrible, I hope Kirby Puckett gets JoePa as a roomie" I wouldn't have commented on your post. When you fly off the handle about hearsay and legal consequences of a failure to report, you have invited the commentary on the blatantly relevant legal aspects of the incidents.

I can separate the two - the horrible immorality and the legal consequences. It is evident that you cannot. My apologies.[/quote]

That's the difference for you. You immediately view this from a legal perspective, and then dissect the moral/social/cultural aspects thereafter. That's fine - you're a lawyer. What you fail to do is realize that 99.9% of people are forming thoughts and opinions first on the moral/social/cultural aspects of the whole thing at this point in time. My initial post was never an argument about what legally qualified as "hearsay" (from Ryrob's post), but rather a blatant a play on words of the GA "hearing" Sandusky banging a little boy and then "saying" what he saw to Paterno. I never said Paterno should be put in jail. You simply had to impose your legal points as if this was a thread about Unpaid Interships. Read the rest of the 9 pages - not many care to get into detail about the legal aspects. Most of it is about the heinousness of the story and the failure by those involved to do anything about it. I've only ever said that Paterno failed his moral obligation as the real head of the PSU Athletic Dept. He's paying the price now. Time for you to recognize you're the person focusing on the legal aspects at this point - because I recognize that's only a small part of this whole thing right now (understanding it will be a major part of it down the road).
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 am

I hope the PSU students that still support Joe Pa choke.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... ts-support
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:[quote="twballgame9"} Newsflash: when people get arrested and indicted, it's a legal case.

I think the incident is horrible and they should all burn in hell. Everyone pretty much agrees, so it isn't very interesting. What is interesting is the retarded people that can't think about it rationally and start talking about the law, and then get pissed when lawyers correct them. If you had stuck with "this is horrible, I hope Kirby Puckett gets JoePa as a roomie" I wouldn't have commented on your post. When you fly off the handle about hearsay and legal consequences of a failure to report, you have invited the commentary on the blatantly relevant legal aspects of the incidents.

I can separate the two - the horrible immorality and the legal consequences. It is evident that you cannot. My apologies.

That's the difference for you. You immediately view this from a legal perspective, and then dissect the moral/social/cultural aspects thereafter. That's fine - you're a lawyer. What you fail to do is realize that 99.9% of people are forming thoughts and opinions first on the moral/social/cultural aspects of the whole thing at this point in time. My initial post was never an argument about what legally qualified as "hearsay" (from Ryrob's post), but rather a blatant a play on words of the GA "hearing" Sandusky banging a little boy and then "saying" what he saw to Paterno. I never said Paterno should be put in jail. You simply had to impose your legal points as if this was a thread about Unpaid Interships. Read the rest of the 9 pages - not many care to get into detail about the legal aspects. Most of it is about the heinousness of the story and the failure by those involved to do anything about it. I've only ever said that Paterno failed his moral obligation as the real head of the PSU Athletic Dept. He's paying the price now. Time for you to recognize you're the person focusing on the legal aspects at this point - because I recognize that's only a small part of this whole thing right now (understanding it will be a major part of it down the road).[/quote]

Is RegalBceagle an IB aliass?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:38 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:[quote="twballgame9"} Newsflash: when people get arrested and indicted, it's a legal case.

I can separate the two - the horrible immorality and the legal consequences. It is evident that you cannot. My apologies.

That's the difference for you. You immediately view this from a legal perspective, and then dissect the moral/social/cultural aspects thereafter. That's fine - you're a lawyer. What you fail to do is realize that 99.9% of people are forming thoughts and opinions first on the moral/social/cultural aspects of the whole thing at this point in time. My initial post was never an argument about what legally qualified as "hearsay" (from Ryrob's post), but rather a blatant a play on words of the GA "hearing" Sandusky banging a little boy and then "saying" what he saw to Paterno. I never said Paterno should be put in jail. You simply had to impose your legal points as if this was a thread about Unpaid Interships. Read the rest of the 9 pages - not many care to get into detail about the legal aspects. Most of it is about the heinousness of the story and the failure by those involved to do anything about it. I've only ever said that Paterno failed his moral obligation as the real head of the PSU Athletic Dept. He's paying the price now. Time for you to recognize you're the person focusing on the legal aspects at this point - because I recognize that's only a small part of this whole thing right now (understanding it will be a major part of it down the road).[/quote]

Actually, ESPN and 2 different radio shows in Boston spent most of the day yesterday separating the legal consequences from the heinousness of Sandusky's crime. Almost all said the same thing I have been telling you for 9 pages. A bunch of Boston nitwits did call in and rant the same kneejerk stuff you've been spewing, so you've got that in common with nitwit radio, which is nice.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MTeagleCPA on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:49 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
MTeagleCPA {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I was stuck in traffic.

"negging my karma" = "weasin' the juice" in the 2010s

That's too bad.
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:52 am

More MTeagleCPA
Less RegalBCeagle
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 am

There has been some pour quoting on display here.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

That's the difference for you. You immediately view this from a legal perspective, and then dissect the moral/social/cultural aspects thereafter. That's fine - you're a lawyer. What you fail to do is realize that 99.9% of people are forming thoughts and opinions first on the moral/social/cultural aspects of the whole thing at this point in time. My initial post was never an argument about what legally qualified as "hearsay" (from Ryrob's post), but rather a blatant a play on words of the GA "hearing" Sandusky banging a little boy and then "saying" what he saw to Paterno. I never said Paterno should be put in jail. You simply had to impose your legal points as if this was a thread about Unpaid Interships. Read the rest of the 9 pages - not many care to get into detail about the legal aspects. Most of it is about the heinousness of the story and the failure by those involved to do anything about it. I've only ever said that Paterno failed his moral obligation as the real head of the PSU Athletic Dept. He's paying the price now. Time for you to recognize you're the person focusing on the legal aspects at this point - because I recognize that's only a small part of this whole thing right now (understanding it will be a major part of it down the road).

Actually, ESPN and 2 different radio shows in Boston spent most of the day yesterday separating the legal consequences from the heinousness of Sandusky's crime. Almost all said the same thing I have been telling you for 9 pages. A bunch of Boston nitwits did call in and rant the same kneejerk stuff you've been spewing, so you've got that in common with nitwit radio, which is nice.[/quote]

Who's the nitwit if you're the one listening to it? I bet you made legal arguments aloud while you listened, didn't you? "I can't believe Mike from Ipswich is such an idiot. The guy said Paterno should be in jail. I bet the idiot went to Suffolk" ... (TW thinking to himself: I went to BC Law and I'm a real lawyer. I'm fucking cool) Maybe one of these days you'll tell some broad you're a lawyer and you'll actually get laid.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

JoePa retiring at end of season.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Actually, ESPN and 2 different radio shows in Boston spent most of the day yesterday separating the legal consequences from the heinousness of Sandusky's crime. Almost all said the same thing I have been telling you for 9 pages. A bunch of Boston nitwits did call in and rant the same kneejerk stuff you've been spewing, so you've got that in common with nitwit radio, which is nice.

Who's the nitwit if you're the one listening to it? I bet you made legal arguments aloud while you listened, didn't you? "I can't believe Mike from Ipswich is such an idiot. The guy said Paterno should be in jail. I bet the idiot went to Suffolk" ... (TW thinking to himself: I went to BC Law and I'm a real lawyer. I'm fucking cool) Maybe one of these days you'll tell some broad you're a lawyer and you'll actually get laid.[/quote]

I was stuck in a car. Irregardless, get better at insults.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:08 am

when was the last meltdown like this?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:when was the last meltdown like this?

I give the credit to rob.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:when was the last meltdown like this?

I didn't think Regal had this in him. Weird.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:10 am

Teddy is owning regal in this :slapfight.

Regal, why are your panties in a bunch? This seems unlike you.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:12 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Teddy is owning regal in this :slapfight.

Regal, why are your panties in a bunch? This seems unlike you.

Maybe he wasn't held enough as a child...or, too much.
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:14 am

Oh and TW, my argument is no different than anybody else's here. This is despicable and they should all burn in hell.

I find your cool guy act comical. You try to think very highly of yourself, which means you're an insecure donkey that has a hard time getting laid. You are proud of your internet message board status/celebrity. Congratulations, you are admired by 12 people that use this board. It's amusing that this strokes your ego. Keep on doing what you do, That Guy!
Last edited by RegalBCeagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:15 am

In the world of messageboardery, when you result to "getting laid" jokes, you've already lost.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:17 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:In the world of messageboardery, when you result to "getting laid" jokes, you've already lost.

What about quoting Ann Coulter and some bitch named Megan?
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:24 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:JoePa retiring at end of season.

They're assclowns if they let him finish this year.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:29 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Hearsay??? I think hearing and then seeing a pedo raping a young boy truly is more than hearsay.

So to recap, this whole tough guy meltdown started when Ryrob pointed out that Regal possibly doesn't know what hearsay is. Which, after reading this quote, I agree.

I now await being accused of being a pedophile.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:30 am

Paterno full statement: STATE COLLEGE, Pa., Nov. 9, 2011 -- I am absolutely devastated by
the developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families,
and I pray for their comfort and relief.

I have come to work every day for the last 61 years with one clear goal in
mind: To serve the best interests of this university and the young men who have
been entrusted to my care. I have the same goal today.

That's why I have decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of
this season. At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single
minute discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I
want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can.
This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit
of hindsight, I wish I had done more.

My goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish the
season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the rest of my
life doing everything I can to help this University.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:32 am

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:36 am

Everyone is a comedian. Can't we respect Sandusky by at least getting his former title correct?
Attachments
jerry_sandusky_peen_state_1.jpg
jerry_sandusky_peen_state_1.jpg (151.44 KiB) Viewed 1857 times
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium