Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Penn State

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:07 pm

Wow, I always thought that 99% of the country was retarded. Never knew so many of them lived in Happy Valley. Thought they were all occupying something that I didn't notice.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:All of it is based on the fact that this retarded old man that was never very good at coaching in the first place stayed way too long. Any other coach would have been shitcanned years ago. Paterno is a clown and everyone will realize when football at PSU is fine in 12 months. Fuck that old piece of shit.

This.

He's been a figurehead at a mediocre football program in a shitty conference for a while.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:11 pm

Why is the PA State Police if not the National Gaurd already not there en masse?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 pm

To be fair I think a lot of them are just rioting for the sake of rioting
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Why is the PA State Police if not the National Gaurd already not there en masse?

Let them burn it down, even more people will see how stupid they are.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Why is the PA State Police if not the National Gaurd already not there en masse?

Let them burn it down, even more people will see how stupid they are.

No one knew this was happening. No one alerted the police ahead of time.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby nerd on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:31 pm

espn said the students are upset that Paterno was fired over the telephone. Ironic, since it's essentially a telephone that got him fired in the first place. Specifically, the telephone he didn't pick up and use to call the police when he was told that his assistant coach was raping a 10 year old boy.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 pm

If this thread didn't revolve around young boys being raped in showers I'd nominate it for immediate induction to the hall of fame. Since it revolves around young boys being raped in showers it should probably be deleted before God finds out it's here.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby bcnyceagle on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:07 am

BREAKING NEWS!

Joe Paterno's wife walks out of the house, looks emotional, goes back in the house!
bcnyceagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Onyx Blackman on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:08 am

JoePa has boobs.
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:19 am

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:To be fair I think a lot of them are just rioting for the sake of rioting

I don't think so man. I'm sure you have as many PSU friends/acquaintances as I do - read Facebook and see the reactions of some of these people.

Also:

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.

@MarkMaddenX
Mark Madden
Don't believe this can get worse? Give it 72 hrs. People really digging into Second Mile. Even more shocking revelation is ahead. Yikes.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby 2008Eagle on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:34 am

Not lumping all the PSU students together, but most of the ones out there tonight made complete asses of themselves in front of a worldwide audience on CNN. Flipping over TV trucks, chanting "Fuck the trustees," shouting questions during the Q&A of the press conference, and saying stupid shit to the media like "JoePa was randomly fired," "there's no crime here," and "Paterno should be here for life." Really just a total embarrassment.
2008Eagle
Carney Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:21 am

Heard an TV interview on this last night the lawyer said JoPa should have reported it to police not up the chain of command but never said the grad assist who claimed to have seen it should have reported it, it's all hearsay after that. JoPa should have told the witness to call the police, it's a really sad situation all the way around, lives destroyed in different ways.

Ummm, what if Sandusky isn't guilty?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby nerd on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:14 am

2008Eagle {l Wrote}:Not lumping all the PSU students together, but most of the ones out there tonight made complete asses of themselves in front of a worldwide audience on CNN. Flipping over TV trucks, chanting "Fuck the trustees," shouting questions during the Q&A of the press conference, and saying stupid shit to the media like "JoePa was randomly fired," "there's no crime here," and "Paterno should be here for life." Really just a total embarrassment.

At Penn State, Joe Paterno > Father + Son + Holy Spirit

I can't imagine it would be easy to accept the fact that someone you literally worshiped (see the video of the students who gathered around his house on Tuesday night, they were bowing their outstretched arms at Paterno) involved a tragic fall. But then I think, what if it was Doug Flutie or Jerry York who was involved in a similar situation? I wouldn't expect BC students in that case to rush to get torches and pitchforks and join the angry mob against the person they idolized for so long, but I really hope the reaction would be to shut the fuck up and stay out of sight, and not to send a message to the world that the person they used to worship is more important that child molestation.
nerd
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:57 am

nerd {l Wrote}:But then I think, what if it was Doug Flutie or Jerry York who was involved in a similar situation? I wouldn't expect BC students in that case to rush to get torches and pitchforks and join the angry mob against the person they idolized for so long, but I really hope the reaction would be to shut the fuck up and stay out of sight, and not to send a message to the world that the person they used to worship is more important that child molestation.

This shouldn't be a concern of yours. What happened with the PSU students last night is a matter of culture, not circumstance.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:09 am

Carton ripped a PSU journalism student a new one on Boomer & Carton this morning when she said that Paterno should be allowed to coach on Saturday.

It really is scary that the vast, vast majority of the studnents out there assign minimal blame to him.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby JesuitIvy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:17 am

amazing people riot over someone who did nothing about child rape.
So Tom Bradley is coaching their team - but haven't there been rumors of some sort about this guy that have kept him from ever being an HC?
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:33 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:To be fair I think a lot of them are just rioting for the sake of rioting

I don't think so man. I'm sure you have as many PSU friends/acquaintances as I do - read Facebook and see the reactions of some of these people.

I really haven't seen too many pro-JoePa posts, there definitely are a lot of people who are backing him but IMO probably half the rioters were just out there to riot. Still leaves quite a few retards.

Also:

I can confirm there will soon be new, major allegation involving child sex abuse in Sandusky case. Told tonite it could come before Saturday

If what I was told tonight about the details of the new allegation in Sandusky child sex case is true, it will horrify the public.

@MarkMaddenX
Mark Madden
Don't believe this can get worse? Give it 72 hrs. People really digging into Second Mile. Even more shocking revelation is ahead. Yikes.

Jesus. The second tweet is probably the worst....the public is already horrified, this seems to imply that what's about to be announced will make what we already know seem like nothing.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:35 am

nerd {l Wrote}:
2008Eagle {l Wrote}:Not lumping all the PSU students together, but most of the ones out there tonight made complete asses of themselves in front of a worldwide audience on CNN. Flipping over TV trucks, chanting "Fuck the trustees," shouting questions during the Q&A of the press conference, and saying stupid shit to the media like "JoePa was randomly fired," "there's no crime here," and "Paterno should be here for life." Really just a total embarrassment.

At Penn State, Joe Paterno > Father + Son + Holy Spirit

I can't imagine it would be easy to accept the fact that someone you literally worshiped (see the video of the students who gathered around his house on Tuesday night, they were bowing their outstretched arms at Paterno) involved a tragic fall. But then I think, what if it was Doug Flutie or Jerry York who was involved in a similar situation? I wouldn't expect BC students in that case to rush to get torches and pitchforks and join the angry mob against the person they idolized for so long, but I really hope the reaction would be to shut the fuck up and stay out of sight, and not to send a message to the world that the person they used to worship is more important that child molestation.

Hell, our football coach didn't cover up and enable child rape and I still want him fired anyway.
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:43 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:All of it is based on the fact that this retarded old man that was never very good at coaching in the first place stayed way too long. Any other coach would have been shitcanned years ago. Paterno is a clown and everyone will realize when football at PSU is fine in 12 months. Fuck that old piece of shit.

This.

He's been a figurehead at a mediocre football program in a shitty conference for a while.

He's been a figurehead who also happens to be a cash cow for the university. They just lost their best fundraiser by far. That's why he's been at State College for as long as he has and that's why he's gone now. Being the "legendary coach" of Penn St got people's checkbooks open, but now just being the old man who let a child molestor on his campus for 30 plus years likely won't.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eagletx on Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:56 am

Are we to believe that not one of the members of the board of Trustees knew anything about this 8 year debacle??? I for one am tired of the lack of moral responsibility of "institutions" who can sanctimoniously "protect the interests" of the institution when issues of simple individual decency are ignored. Paterno should have been fired for a lapse in moral responsibility as should the president. Powerless victims destroyed by those who wanted to protect the "institution";

However I am a little put off by the manner in which a man who has personally donated $4M to the institution, raised money for facilities and faculty, and served the best interests of the university is dismissed with a simple, impersonal phone call. Don't you at least owe the guy the decency to confront him face to face? Hell no, he put "the institution" at risk!

Ah yes, but we live in a world where church leaders in the same circumstance are rewarded with Vatican positions in the best interest of the "institution", where the institution of Congress can't focus on the best interests of citizenry over their own self serving interests, when banks sit on trillions of uninvested capital while small businesses wither and die, and people have homes foreclosed upon, etc...etc..etc...But it's OK as long as these decisions are "in the best interests of the institution".
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:04 am

Honestly, fuck Paterno and Penn State. He didn't deserve shit after all this came to light.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 am

eagletx {l Wrote}:Are we to believe that not one of the members of the board of Trustees knew anything about this 8 year debacle??? I for one am tired of the lack of moral responsibility of "institutions" who can sanctimoniously "protect the interests" of the institution when issues of simple individual decency are ignored. Paterno should have been fired for a lapse in moral responsibility as should the president. Powerless victims destroyed by those who wanted to protect the "institution";

Given how far the BOT is from day to day operations of the university, I doubt they knew. In fact, they were probably amongst those from whom the horrifying details were kept, because they were an an entity that obviously had the power to act upon the info.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:09 am

Maddsen (sp) the Pittsburgh based writer who has written about PSU story for some time, indicates that two prominent columnists are working a related story about Joe Paterno's football program. The story being investigated, involves the potential "pimping" of young boys-to large Penn State donors. Also, Dennis & Callahan read that the state (Pennsylvania) authorized $8 million for Sandusky's Second Mile organization-money that was targeted for a housing facility for troubled boys.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby EagleWolverine on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:20 am

Has anyone mentioned that Francisco Spazerelli, Penn State graduate with deep PSU ties, motivator and mentor of young men, who studied under renowned disciplinarian and former marine core sniper Tobias O'Brien, is the perfect man to come in and clean up the mess in Happy Valley?
EagleWolverine
n00b

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:26 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:This press conf is painful

Real transcript
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:55 am

Listening to the Fan in Pittsburgh, the host mentioned that the filthy ginger is being protected by a whistle blower law. I hadn't heard anything about this. Is this even possible?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:04 am

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:19 am

Mike and Mike had Bill Curry on the radio this morning (yes I know thet suck but sports radio in Chicago blows) and when asked by Golic what his thoughts were on the firing of JoePa, Curry said that only the PSU BOT and current/former plays were in a position to comment on it and then went off on a ramble that concluded with him saying (this is almost a direct quote) "99% of people have regrets about a situation in which they could have done more or helped more and only those people who are 100% perfect can pass judgment."

I mean what the fuck?
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby tallsy on Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:21 am

Maddsen (sp) the Pittsburgh based writer who has written about PSU story for some time, indicates that two prominent columnists are working a related story about Joe Paterno's football program. The story being investigated, involves the potential "pimping" of young boys-to large Penn State donors

Rumor is that Second Mile kids were sent to large donor's houses unsupervised, which is unheard of. The implication not being good.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium