Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Penn State

Postby commavegarage on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:44 pm

This report literally makes me sick. I hope they get the book thrown at them and then some.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Re: Penn State

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:05 pm

I don't understand how JoePa the grad assistant and probably others felt reporting it to their AD instead of the authorities was adequate. This will probably create a house cleaning instead of the Joe to Jay handoff that Joe wanted.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:14 pm

Inevitably, I think this will be a huge part of JoePa's legacy. They'll find a way to tarnish him for this. Utterly disgusting and cowardly behavior by all parties involved.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:21 pm

Is this quote a joke?

Speaking personally, Huck said Sandusky has “done some wonderful things in his lifetime and we should try to help him ... We all make little mistakes in our lives.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index. ... nn_st.html
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:28 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:Is this quote a joke?

Speaking personally, Huck said Sandusky has “done some wonderful things in his lifetime and we should try to help him ... We all make little mistakes in our lives.

Solid comment from this retard. Once again validates my decision not to go to or associate with PSU:

Guys a LEgend in Penn State. He will have many, many penn state fans supporting him during these hard times hopefully he will come out a Victor like a true penn state alumni. Even if he is found guilty he will have his fan support becuase the justice system isnt always Right and many times prosecute the innocent. We PSU fans will not give up on Sandusky and We owe him everything he has done for PEnn state and our Community. we wont give up til he is found innocent

There is no Way a guy who runs a charity and affiliated with the PRestigious Penn state football program would be having Sexual Affairs with 9th to 10th grade Kids who take a big yellow bus to school. he could be there Great Great Grandpa. Just completely unplausible. Someone needs to give these kids a lie detector test and a background check. Im sure they can dig up something to discredit them
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:46 pm

Why did the grad assistant not go to local police when the PSU administration pulled a Cardinal Law?
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Knowing what I know now, I find this photo to be terrifying.

MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:54 pm

This whole thing is sad, and disgusting. And Huck needs to lose her job for making that comment, whether Sandusky is found guilty or not. But with that many charges, I'd be shocked if he's not guilty.

And I think the only way this doesn't tarnish Joe Pa is if it comes out that the AD told him he had passed the info on to law enforcement. Even there though, he'd have to wonder what was going on if nobody from law enforcement spoke to him, the friggin head coach.

I dont recall hearing anything like this in college football ever. Sickening.

:dildodog
bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:27 pm

bosa90 {l Wrote}:

This whole thing is sad, and disgusting. And Huck needs to lose her job for making that comment, whether Sandusky is found guilty or not. But with that many charges, I'd be shocked if he's not guilty.

And I think the only way this doesn't tarnish Joe Pa is if it comes out that the AD told him he had passed the info on to law enforcement. Even there though, he'd have to wonder what was going on if nobody from law enforcement spoke to him, the friggin head coach.

To be fair to JoePa, he was acting on hearsay alone and it wasn't his duty to go to police. That was his superior's job, and they failed. Sandusky was gone by the next season regardless.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby bosa90 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:39 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

To be fair to JoePa, he was acting on hearsay alone and it wasn't his duty to go to police. That was his superior's job, and they failed. Sandusky was gone by the next season regardless.

I see that point of view, and that was my first reaction, but here I think he needed to do more. He is the head man for football, and this was one of his top assistants, and the hearsay allegation was made about an event that allegedly occurred in the football facilities. No doubt he had to disclose it to the AD, but I think if you are dealing with this kind of accusation, you need to do more than just wipe your hands once you tell the AD. Especially if you are Joe Pa and you are bigger than the AD and arguably the face of the school.

EDIT - I would love to hear Jane's take on this.

bosa90
McGuinn Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:47 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

Hearsay??? I think hearing and then seeing a pedo raping a young boy truly is more than hearsay. Here's a quote from the story:

"One of the most compelling and disturbing pieces of testimony in this investigation came from an eyewitness to a late-night sexual assault that allegedly occurred in March of 2002, in the locker room of the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus," Kelly said. "Hearing what sounded like sexual activity in the showers of a building that was supposed to be empty, a graduate assistant reportedly observed Sandusky sexually assaulting a naked boy who appeared to be about 10 years old."

The assistant reported the incident to head football coach Joe Paterno, who in turn alerted athletic director Curley, Kelly said.

Instead of reporting the incident to authorities, Curley and Schultz banned Sandusky from having children from Second Mile visit the football building, Kelly said.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:54 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

Hearsay??? I think hearing and then seeing a pedo raping a young boy truly is more than hearsay. Here's a quote from the story:

"One of the most compelling and disturbing pieces of testimony in this investigation came from an eyewitness to a late-night sexual assault that allegedly occurred in March of 2002, in the locker room of the Lasch Football Building on the University Park Campus," Kelly said. "Hearing what sounded like sexual activity in the showers of a building that was supposed to be empty, a graduate assistant reportedly observed Sandusky sexually assaulting a naked boy who appeared to be about 10 years old."

The assistant reported the incident to head football coach Joe Paterno, who in turn alerted athletic director Curley, Kelly said.

Instead of reporting the incident to authorities, Curley and Schultz banned Sandusky from having children from Second Mile visit the football building, Kelly said.

Do you know what hearsay means?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:23 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

That made me laugh in an otherwise depressing disgusting thread. Guy challenges the use of "hearsay" with an example of triple hearsay.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

Yes, JoePa heard the GA say that Sandusky was blowing a ten year old kid in the shower. JoePa said "Huh, who's there... Dad?" and then shit himself. When he realized what was happenig, he recognized that the GA's report was simply hearsay, and decided his only obligation was to tell the AD. He also realized it was hearsay, and like Cardinal Law, took minor steps to make it all better. After all, it was a simple case of hearsay.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:30 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
bosa90 {l Wrote}:

Yes, JoePa heard the GA say that Sandusky was blowing a ten year old kid in the shower. JoePa said "Huh, who's there... Dad?" and then shit himself. When he realized what was happenig, he recognized that the GA's report was simply hearsay, and decided his only obligation was to tell the AD. He also realized it was hearsay, and like Cardinal Law, took minor steps to make it all better. After all, it was a simple case of hearsay.

Besides the fact that you initially claimed it wasn't hearsay, considering JoePa didn't see the incident directly (even though you implied he did, probably because you lack reading comprehension), Paterno is an employee of the university like anyone else. He did what he was supposed to do - report it to his bosses for appropriate action. Not following up afterwards is a different question, but that's a judgmental call that I'm sure is haunting him.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:42 pm

Take it easy there RyRob. Sounds like you, errrr, have gotten very defensive about this whole thing. You're taking issue with my comments as if I presented them in a court of law (recognizing lots of law weenies frequent this board, notwithstanding) and you are somehow trying to rectumfy the situation. Undying love for JoePa? Is your last name Sandusky? Do you feel this is all overblown, and that he was merely showing the boy how to wash his privates in an effort to teach him proper hygiene? Do you like diddling little boys? Of course, the last statement is only hearsay at this point.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:49 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Take it easy there RyRob. Sounds like you, errrr, have gotten very defensive about this whole thing. You're taking issue with my comments as if I presented them in a court of law (recognizing lots of law weenies frequent this board, notwithstanding) and you are somehow trying to rectumfy the situation. Undying love for JoePa? Is your last name Sandusky? Do you feel this is all overblown, and that he was merely showing the boy how to wash his privates in an effort to teach him proper hygiene? Do you like diddling little boys? Of course, the last statement is only hearsay at this point.

His point was that if Paterno had gone to the police based on the word of a GA, and the GA turned out to be lying, he would have ruined a close friend and colleague's life. Instead, he reported it internally as he should have, and it was butchered by the administration. Hence, the hearsay comment.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:50 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:Take it easy there RyRob. Sounds like you, errrr, have gotten very defensive about this whole thing. You're taking issue with my comments as if I presented them in a court of law (recognizing lots of law weenies frequent this board, notwithstanding) and you are somehow trying to rectumfy the situation. Undying love for JoePa? Is your last name Sandusky? Do you feel this is all overblown, and that he was merely showing the boy how to wash his privates in an effort to teach him proper hygiene? Do you like diddling little boys? Of course, the last statement is only hearsay at this point.

I'm taking issue with your comments because you're wrong. You want to be outraged with someone, be outraged with the GA who witnessed it but didn't go directly to police, or to the administrators. Just stating the obvious that he is far down on the blame list for this enormous fuck-up. Continue digging your grave of stupidity though. I never made a legal hearsay argument, I made a common sense one.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:58 pm

The whole situation smells beyond words, and the fact that Curley was willing to (allegedly) perjure himself, tells me that there is a deeper problem at PSU, and with the whole group. It sure as hell appears, that this close knit group of coaches and administrators, collaborated in making poor efforts to deal with a very serious criminal problem. The fact that Curley is going up on perjury charges, and that these incidents date back 10+ years, is a mind boggling.
Even if Joe Paterno is completely innocent of doing anything "wrong", he will get kicked the hell out of PSU at the end of this season-take it to the bank.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:59 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:

I'm taking issue with your comments because you're wrong. You want to be outraged with someone, be outraged with the GA who witnessed it but didn't go directly to police, or to the administrators. Just stating the obvious that he is far down on the blame list for this enormous fuck-up. Continue digging your grave of stupidity though. I never made a legal hearsay argument, I made a common sense one.

Sounds like you're used to defending yourself .... errrr ... I mean Pedophiles. I'm assuming you're a lawyer? If that's the case, you're a tool for jumping on a message board trying to argue the legal aspects of a snarky post. If I were to espouse my knowledge of my career field in such a manner to denigrate message board posters, I would sincerely hope someone would call me out of being a tool. Tool.

Paterno is the Patron Saint of PSU Athletics. While I am not the complete jackass as you clearly are, I see reality a little more clearly than you. In a legal sense he doesn't get prosecuted for this. We already know who is - Sandusky himself as well as those in the AD that covered it up then lied about it. I don't give a shit about the legal ramifications surrounding Paterno's role in this - most in the public don't. You can cite your years of law-talking crap all you like - you're still a jackass. In the court of Public Opinion, Paterno may and probably should get burned over this. His failure to take any further steps or actions puts a huge black mark on his legacy and on the PSU program. This shit happened several years ago - before JoePa lost his senility. Keep defending him. Maybe someday you'll win your own case under the premise that your touching of young penises was hearsay since nobody else was in the room to witness it when you did it.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Wonder if Sandusky roomed with Tom Bradley when they were on the road.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Joe Paterno runs PSU Athletics, and most of the school. He darn well had the stature and smarts to realize the issue before him required the legal system, not the Penn State political system.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:12 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Sounds like you're used to defending yourself .... errrr ... I mean Pedophiles. I'm assuming you're a lawyer? If that's the case, you're a tool for jumping on a message board trying to argue the legal aspects of a snarky post. If I were to espouse my knowledge of my career field in such a manner to denigrate message board posters, I would sincerely hope someone would call me out of being a tool. Tool.

Paterno is the Patron Saint of PSU Athletics. While I am not the complete jackass as you clearly are, I see reality a little more clearly than you. In a legal sense he doesn't get prosecuted for this. We already know who is - Sandusky himself as well as those in the AD that covered it up then lied about it. I don't give a shit about the legal ramifications surrounding Paterno's role in this - most in the public don't. You can cite your years of law-talking crap all you like - you're still a jackass. In the court of Public Opinion, Paterno may and probably should get burned over this. His failure to take any further steps or actions puts a huge black mark on his legacy and on the PSU program. This shit happened several years ago - before JoePa lost his senility. Keep defending him. Maybe someday you'll win your own case under the premise that your touching of young penises was hearsay since nobody else was in the room to witness it when you did it.

A. Rob's an accountant

B. Joe Paterno could actually have gotten in serious legal trouble had he gone to the police on the word of a GA and it turned out to be wrong. The GA should have gone to the police, and the administration should have investigated.

C. I hate Joe Paterno, and frankly don't care much if he is blamed. But he did what he was supposed to do in that situation.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Ummm... Shouldn't JoePa have told the grad assistant to contact the Happy Valley police? You'd think the best way to handle this situation is for JoePa and the AD give their full support behind the GA as he made his statement to the police. The GA clearly told JoePa about it because he was afraid for his job if he went directly to the police.

Hey... isn't Spaz a former JoePa Grad Assistant???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:25 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

You sure are extrapolating a lot (that I"m a pedophile, pedophile defender, lawyer, etc) from me pointing out you don't know what the word "hearsay" means in any context. I was making fun of you for that, pretty simple.

What you don't seem to understand is that Paterno is not the boss at PSU. He is a university employee like everyone else and escalated the matter to his superiors like he was supposed to. Since I'm a tool for pointing out the obvious, you're a moron for not getting that.
Last edited by ryrob on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:26 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Ummm... Shouldn't JoePa have told the grad assistant to contact the Happy Valley police? You'd think the best way to handle this situation is for JoePa and the AD give their full support behind the GA as he made his statement to the police. The GA clearly told JoePa about it because he was afraid for his job if he went directly to the police.

Sure, he probably should have told the GA to go to the police, assuming he did not. He may have thought that the administration would do so after an investigation, in which case, shame on him for not following up.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby h2o on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:39 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Ummm... Shouldn't JoePa have told the grad assistant to contact the Happy Valley police? You'd think the best way to handle this situation is for JoePa and the AD give their full support behind the GA as he made his statement to the police. The GA clearly told JoePa about it because he was afraid for his job if he went directly to the police.

Sure, he probably should have told the GA to go to the police, assuming he did not. He may have thought that the administration would do so after an investigation, in which case, shame on him for not following up.

Shame on JoPa? What about shame on the GA? He witnessed a sexual assault and has a responsibility to make sure the police know about it. Especially with that foundation or whatever it is Sandusky was affiliated with. That's where he got his victims.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:43 pm

h2o {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Shame on JoPa? What about shame on the GA? He witnessed a sexual assault and has a responsibility to make sure the police know about it. Especially with that foundation or whatever it is Sandusky was affiliated with. That's where he got his victims.

I already said that the GA should have gone to the police. His inaction is criminal. JoePa's is just shameful.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:45 pm

Sounds like PSU needs to clean up their program...I wonder if they'd be interested in a PSU grad with 3 years experience as a BCS-level HC and another decade as a successful DC?
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby HJS on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:48 pm

The Grad Asst is likely a kid one year removed from college. He went to JoePa for guidance. Saint Joe opted to handle it internally. That's what the GA learned from Papa Paterno. Bottom line here is that this is on JoePa and the AD. And give me a fucking break with this "Joe did nothing wrong since he reported it to his boss". The AD ain't his boss. The AD serves at Joe's approval. At no point could the AD fire JoePa. The AD at PSU is an administrator in the truest sense of the world. The punishment has all the hallmarks of JoePa. The police weren't contacted becaus JoePa did not want them contacted.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Alumni Stadium