Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Penn State

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:35 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:I think that they should fire the whole Penn State athletic department. In fact, i think that the NCAA should ban anyone ever associated with Penn State Athletics from coaching at any level. That would be a good start.

I think they should burn Happy Valley to the ground, and then salt the earth.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:38 am

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:I think that they should fire the whole Penn State athletic department. In fact, i think that the NCAA should ban anyone ever associated with Penn State Athletics from coaching at any level. That would be a good start.

My solution extends far beyond Happy Valley.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:I don't know if there is anything about the DA in this thread, but wow did this get interesting:

"That said, police revealed that Gricar's home computer had saved searches for "how to wreck a hard drive" and "water damage to a notebook computer," meaning that he clearly wanted to make sure something never saw the light of day."

Also, the AD Gricar has been missing and presumed dead since the late 90s. Maybe it gets worse?

So wait, now you think there's actually something to all of this? Maybe? Tool.

There's a difference between thinking there's something to this and thinking they indicted the right people, on the one hand, and erroneously thinking that JoePa had a legal obligation to report this to the police on the other. The people that had that obligation and did nothing have been indicted.

JoePa is a scumbag and should burn in hell, but he isn't going to be indicted.

Did I ever say he should be indicted? Nope. Don't be The Guy I referred to earlier. You know, the one who thinks "I'm the Expert on this matter because of my career field, therefore I will argue the minutiae on a message board just to show everyone I'm the expert on this subject matter." In arguing the legal merits amidst a moral discussion of what happened, you end up looking like you're on the side of a group of Pedophiles and Pedophile enablers.

You are an assclown. When I corrected bumbers on the mandatory reporting statute (oh, I was correct, by the way), I specifically disclaimed any expertise in either criminal or child protection law. But keep trying.

Stay with the lynch mob mentality, and don't bother to think rationally. Makes you look like you have the moral high ground on a message board. Always something to aspire to.

Stay with the "I'm a lawyer and you're not and I think I'm cool but I'm really a tool" crap. The only moral stance I'm taking on this is that every single PSU person involved in this thing should burn in Hell. You're more conerned with the legal definition of hearsay and whether or not Sandusky was read his rights properly. Keep being That Guy, so we can think you're cool.

It's not that cool to be a lawyer. Everyone knows CPAs are cooler.

I agree, they should all burn in hell. JoePa, however, is not going to jail.

Keep ranting though. Calling everyone a pedophile is awesome!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:42 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

NJ?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby angrychicken on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:45 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

NJ?

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:46 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

NJ?

Nuclear enema?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 am

I'm very interested to see what the NCAA does. They are in a tight spot. Their choices are either to set a precedent by levying sanctions against Penn State for issues unrelated to competition, or do nothing and publicly confirm their priorities are completely out of whack.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:50 am

This sounds like a made for TV movie (only available on cable however)

I hear PSU NAMBLA meetings have been suspended until further notice.

Whats the over/under on a Sandusky suicide?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:51 am

I didn't know there was a Diocese of Happy Valley!
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:51 am

HA HA HA Irony

Touched is the story of Jerry SanduskyÂ’s life in his own words. From his childhood to his professional career, this book goes behind the scenes to explore the successes and challenges that Jerry Sandusky has faced in life, both on and off the football field. After graduating from Penn State in 1966, Sandusky went on to coach collegiate football for 34 years. Thirty-two of those years were with Penn State, as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach under Joe Paterno, until his retirement in 1999. The book also explores SanduskyÂ’s involvement in childrenÂ’s charities, including the founding of his charity, "Second Mile."
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby MTeagleCPA on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:08 am

"It's not that cool to be a lawyer. Everyone knows CPAs are cooler."

Hells Yeah
MTeagleCPA
n00b

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:HA HA HA Irony

Touched is the story of Jerry SanduskyÂ’s life in his own words. From his childhood to his professional career, this book goes behind the scenes to explore the successes and challenges that Jerry Sandusky has faced in life, both on and off the football field. After graduating from Penn State in 1966, Sandusky went on to coach collegiate football for 34 years. Thirty-two of those years were with Penn State, as the defensive coordinator and linebackers coach under Joe Paterno, until his retirement in 1999. The book also explores SanduskyÂ’s involvement in childrenÂ’s charities, including the founding of his charity, "Second Mile."

Read the book reviews on Amazon.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:59 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:HA HA HA Irony

Read the book reviews on Amazon.

52 of 60 people found the following review helpful:
1.0 out of 5 stars To his credit... he's an expert!, November 7, 2011
By G. Fawkes - See all my reviews

This review is from: Touched: The Jerry Sandusky Story (Paperback)
When it comes to touching, there's nobody I know of that can better call upon 40 years experience of bad touch than one Jerry Sandusky.

Stay hard Jerry.

You sick piece of excrement. JoPa you aren't clean either buddy.
Last edited by hansen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:01 am

65 of 103 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars A touching memoir..., November 6, 2011
By Jay Paterno - See all my reviews
I have been a supporter of the program for many years. Without a doubt, nobody has touched me as Jerry Sandusky did.

10 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars JoePa knew what a special toucher Mr. Sandusky was, November 7, 2011
By Al Golden - See all my reviews
I didnt know anything about the things Mr. Sandusky was doing. However, Mr. Paterno and Mr. Little Paterno knew all about it. Im serial guys. They knew and they should be fired. I think PSU should hire an upstanding, tie wearing, former linebacker to be the new head coach. Seriously, please get me out of Miami.
I also do not condone the "Touching" that Mr. Soon to be in a federal pound me in the a*! prison Sandusky prescribed to.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:04 am

An exemplory life, September 27, 2005
By Stephen D. Bogner "sdb"
Whe you finish this book you wish it was longer. Like a good movie you do not want it to end. It describes a man who has done some great things to help others. How many college football coaches would turn down 3 head coaching opportunities at big-time schools to stay in "Happy Valley". A couple who could not have their own children. Then adopted 6. Not all in infancy. A man who took in foster children and at the same time ran the defense for one of college football's elite teams for 23 years. A kid who never grew up. Yet a person who is so selfless it defies human ego. Everyone reading this should do themselves a moral favor and contribute money to the Second Mile. (...).

the guy had six adopted kids of his own? :81

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:65 of 103 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars A touching memoir..., November 6, 2011
By Jay Paterno - See all my reviews
I have been a supporter of the program for many years. Without a doubt, nobody has touched me as Jerry Sandusky did.

10 of 18 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars JoePa knew what a special toucher Mr. Sandusky was, November 7, 2011
By Al Golden - See all my reviews
I didnt know anything about the things Mr. Sandusky was doing. However, Mr. Paterno and Mr. Little Paterno knew all about it. Im serial guys. They knew and they should be fired. I think PSU should hire an upstanding, tie wearing, former linebacker to be the new head coach. Seriously, please get me out of Miami.
I also do not condone the "Touching" that Mr. Soon to be in a federal pound me in the a*! prison Sandusky prescribed to.

[intentionally missing the point] Golden was a TE [/intentionally missing the point]
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:20 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Keep ranting though. Calling everyone a pedophile is awesome!

Have you seen the statement that the lawyer (didn't catch whether it was for the AD or Pres) made on TV? She reminded me of you. I advise you to catch her statement, and then you'll recognize how you come off. Keep going though, it's awesome!
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:56 am

PSU has called off this week's news conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... conference
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:00 pm

Serious question - has Vegas taken PSU/Nebraska off the board? I don't see how much football-related activity could be getting done in University Park this week.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:Serious question - has Vegas taken PSU/Nebraska off the board? I don't see how much football-related activity could be getting done in University Park this week.

At least the lack of preparation would be due to a decadeslong scandal and not just routine...

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:04 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:PSU has called off this week's news conference.

Smart move. Putting that senile old coot up there would have been akin to allowing Paterno to be questioned without a lawyer. People are out for blood on this one.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:05 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Smart move. Putting that senile old coot up there would have been akin to allowing Paterno to be questioned without a lawyer. People are out for blood on this one.

But it also makes them look like they're dodging (which they are). Regardless, they're everyone is done-zo regardless of how they handle it.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:09 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

But it also makes them look like they're dodging (which they are). Regardless, they're everyone is done-zo regardless of how they handle it.

This certainly should be the case. I think the PA AG's office's decision not to prosecute Paterno is probably at least somewhat politically related and I wouldn't be surprised at any lengths the school which covered up 10 year old boy rape for 13 years will go to stop the hemorrhaging around his legacy. Curley, Schultz, McQueary and Spanier will definitely be destroyed(as they should be). I'm not confident as to JoePa as of yet.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1969 — Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

1977 — Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

January 1983 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1982 season.

January 1987 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1986 season.

1994 — Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 — Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 — Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 — Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 — Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 — Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6’s mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, “I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead.”

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

May 1999 - In a meeting with Joe Paterno, Sandusky is told that he will not be the next Penn St head football coach.

June 1999 — Sandusky retires from Penn State but still holds emeritus status.

Dec. 28, 1999 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 — Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8’s identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 — A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno’s home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) — The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky’s locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.

April 15, 2005 - DA Gricar goes missing.

2005-2006 — Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 — During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 — Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy’s mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 — An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 — Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 — Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Nov. 7, 2011 — Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university President Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky.

Not to mention that PSU allowed Sandusky to run OVERNIGHT football camps on university grounds up through 2009. Unfucking believeable.

The Gricar story is interesting. The search items on his home computer are very suspicious, but the guy's brother disappeared in nearly an identical manner in 1996. The brother's body was later found in a river and it was ruled a suicide. So, it could be that the Gricar brothers have identical mental problems (or made a suicide pact as boys).

However, it doesn't take even a smidgen of paranoia to come up with a conspiracy theory whereby (1) Gricar agrees not press charges against Sandusky in 1998 based on assurances from powerful people in Happy Valley that the issue will be handled internally; (2) the issue is not handled internally but merely pushed to even darker recesses of the cesspool; (3) Gricar finds out that Sandusky is still fellating/penetrating boys and threatens/indicates he will go public; and (4) he is made to disappear by the powers that be.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Agreed, if the coach still had marbles they could put him up there but who knows what the senile man would say.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:16 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

This certainly should be the case. I think the PA AG's office's decision not to prosecute Paterno is probably at least somewhat politically related and I wouldn't be surprised at any lengths the school which covered up 10 year old boy rape for 13 years will go to stop the hemorrhaging around his legacy. Curley, Schultz, McQueary and Spanier will definitely be destroyed(as they should be). I'm not confident as to JoePa as of yet.

I think you're being silly. The outcry will flow all the way up to Corbett if Joe Pa is protected. And even if the "won't somebody think of the children" (applied literally, sadly) segment doesn't get their way, which they will, the suddenly powerful "Joe Pa's time has passed" segment will circle like vultures.
Last edited by bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:17 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:1969 — Jerry Sandusky starts his coaching career at Penn State University as a defensive line coach.

1977 — Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

January 1983 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1982 season.

January 1987 — Associated Press voters select Penn State as college football’s national champion for the 1986 season.

1994 — Boy known as Victim 7 in the report meets Sandusky through The Second Mile program at about the age of 10.

1994-95 — Boy known as Victim 6 meets Sandusky at a Second Mile picnic at Spring Creek Park when he is 7 or 8 years old.

1995-96 — Boy known as Victim 5, meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is 7 or 8, in second or third grade.

1996-97 — Boy known as Victim 4, at the age of 12 or 13, meets Sandusky while he is in his second year participating in The Second Mile program.

1996-98 — Victim 5 is taken to the locker rooms and showers at Penn State by Sandusky when he is 8 to 10 years old.

Jan. 1, 1998 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1998 Outback Bowl.

1998 — Victim 6 is taken into the locker rooms and showers when he is 11 years old. When Victim 6 is dropped off at home, his hair is wet from showering with Sandusky. His mother reports the incident to the university police, who investigate.

Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6’s mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, “I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won’t get it from you. I wish I were dead.”

Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.

The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

May 1999 - In a meeting with Joe Paterno, Sandusky is told that he will not be the next Penn St head football coach.

Dec. 28, 1999 — Victim 4 is listed, along with Sandusky’s wife, as a member of Sandusky’s family party for the 1999 Alamo Bowl.

Summer 2000 — Boy known as Victim 3 meets Sandusky through The Second Mile when he is between seventh and eighth grade.

Fall 2000 — A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8’s identity is unknown.

March 1, 2002 — A Penn State graduate assistant enters the locker room at the Lasch Football Building. In the showers, he sees a naked boy, known as Victim 2, whose age he estimates to be 10 years old, being subjected to anal intercourse by a naked Sandusky. The graduate assistant tells his father immediately.

March 2, 2002 — In the morning, the graduate assistant calls Coach Joe Paterno and goes to Paterno’s home, where he reports what he has seen.

March 3, 2002 — Paterno calls Tim Curley, Penn State Athletic Director to his home the next day and reports a version of what the grad assistant had said.

March 2002 — Later in the month the graduate assistant is called to a meeting with Curley and Senior Vice President for Finance and Business Gary Schultz. The grad assistant reports what he has seen and Curley and Schultz say they will look into it.

March 27, 2002 (approximate) — The graduate assistant hears from Curley. He is told that Sandusky’s locker room keys are taken away and that the incident has been reported to The Second Mile. The graduate assistant is never questioned by university police and no other entity conducts an investigation until the graduate assistant testifies in Grand Jury in December 2010.

2005-2006 — Boy known as Victim 1 says that meets Sandusky through The Second Mile at age 11 or 12.

Spring 2007 — During the 2007 track season, Sandusky begins spending time with Victim 1 weekly, having him stay overnight at his residence in College Township, Pa.

Spring 2008 — Termination of contact with Victim 1 occurs when he is a freshman in a Clinton County high school. After the boy’s mother calls the school to report sexual assault, Sandusky is barred from the school district attended by Victim 1 from that day forward and the matter is reported to authorities as mandated by law.

Early 2009 — An investigation by the Pennsylvania attorney general begins when a Clinton County, Pa. teen boy tells authorities that Sandusky has inappropriately touched him several times over a four-year period.

September 2010 — Sandusky retires from day-to-day involvement with The Second Mile, saying he wants to spend more time with family and handle personal matters.

Nov. 5, 2011 — Sandusky is arrested and released on $100,000 bail after being arraigned on 40 criminal counts.

Nov. 7, 2011 — Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly says Paterno is not a target of the investigation into how the school handled the accusations. But she refuses to say the same for university President Graham Spanier. Curley and Schultz, who have stepped down from their positions, surrender on charges that they failed to alert police to complaints against Sandusky.

Not to mention that PSU allowed Sandusky to run OVERNIGHT football camps on university grounds up through 2009. Unfucking believeable.

The Gricar story is interesting. The search items on his home computer are very suspicious, but the guy's brother disappeared in nearly an identical manner in 1996. The brother's body was later found in a river and it was ruled a suicide. So, it could be that the Gricar brothers have identical mental problems (or made a suicide pact as boys).

However, it doesn't take even a smidgen of paranoia to come up with a conspiracy theory whereby (1) Gricar agrees not press charges against Sandusky in 1998 based on assurances from powerful people in Happy Valley that the issue will be handled internally; (2) the issue is not handled internally but merely pushed to even darker recesses of the cesspool; (3) Gricar finds out that Sandusky is still fellating/penetrating boys and threatens/indicates he will go public; and (4) he is made to disappear by the powers that be.

My running theory has been that your (1)-(3) occur although perhaps with some benefits provided to Gricar in exchange for (1) then instead of (4) the guy offs himself either out of guilt or out of fear of being caught.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:23 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think you're being silly. The outcry will flow all the way up to Corbett if Joe Pa is protected. And even if the "won't somebody think of the children" (applied literally, sadly) segment doesn't get their way, which they will, the suddenly powerful "Joe Pa's time has passed" will circle like vultures.

That's the problem as I see it. Corbett was the AG before being elected governor. I'd imagine he was consulted about such a high profile issue when the determination was made to proceed with charges(I think the GJ report is a close enough call for some executive discretion). I think it's in his best interest to avoid going after JoePa unless and until local(there are a disturbing amount of idiots involved) public opinion forces otherwise and I think we're already seeing that the school will sacrifice virtually anything to keep the tatters of the legacy intact.

I'm not saying I think he'll stay as HC. I just think they will continue make every effort at damage control indefinitely. I fully expect Spanier to fall on his sword any hour now.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:27 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

I think you're being silly. The outcry will flow all the way up to Corbett if Joe Pa is protected. And even if the "won't somebody think of the children" (applied literally, sadly) segment doesn't get their way, which they will, the suddenly powerful "Joe Pa's time has passed" will circle like vultures.

That's the problem as I see it. Corbett was the AG before being elected governor. I'd imagine he was consulted about such a high profile issue when the determination was made to proceed with charges(I think the GJ report is a close enough call for some executive discretion). I think it's in his best interest to avoid going after JoePa unless and until local(there are a disturbing amount of idiots involved) public opinion forces otherwise and I think we're already seeing that the school will sacrifice virtually anything to keep the tatters of the legacy intact.

I'm not saying I think he'll stay as HC. I just think they will continue make every effort at damage control indefinitely. I fully expect Spanier to fall on his sword any hour now.

This thing is not going away, and soon everyone in a position of power will realize how big it is, if they haven't already. Corbett will go down if Joe Pa remains the head coach at PSU.

Besides, for your theory about the continued (sort of) cover-up to be accurate, you're assuming that Joe Pa committed a currently prosecutable crime, correct? Do you think Teddy is wrong (you're a lawyer too, right?)? Perhaps the simple reason that Joe Pa wasn't indicted was because there was nothing to indict him for. Think about it...indicting Joe Pa on empty charges would be putting one's political neck out there as well.
Last edited by bignick33 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:28 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

The Gricar stuff makes this whole crazy story go to 11. If this were in a movie it would be unbelievable.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium