Penn State

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Penn State

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:15 pm

BCdee {l Wrote}:A plane just flew overhead at Beaver Stadium...the banner said, "Joe is so dirty he needs a shower"....link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/12/joe-paterno-penn-state-sign-photo/

:kudos
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:21 am

I'm waiting to see the TV ratings for the PSU game, PSU has become the hottest ticket in town LOL
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:11 am

BCdee {l Wrote}:A plane just flew overhead at Beaver Stadium...the banner said, "Joe is so dirty he needs a shower"....link:

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/12/joe-paterno-penn-state-sign-photo/

More like a sponge-bath.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:12 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:

I'd hit it.

(Even if I was only 14)
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:13 am

I'm glad PSU lost yesterday.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:08 pm

The sideline reporter did his job during the post-game interview. He couldn't get PSU's head coach to cry so he tracked down Jay Paterno and made him cry.

His broadcast team buddies were buying him drinks at the Comfort Inn last night.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:The sideline reporter did his job during the post-game interview. He couldn't get PSU's head coach to cry so he tracked down Jay Paterno and made him cry.

His broadcast team buddies were buying him drinks at the Comfort Inn last night.

No one can withstand Tom Rinaldi's powers. He's conditioned humanity to hear a dramatic, tinkly piano whenever he speaks.

(I think Tom Rinaldi is a psychopath who enjoys seeing other people weep.)
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Reverend Mike on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:09 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Reverend Mike {l Wrote}:The sideline reporter did his job during the post-game interview. He couldn't get PSU's head coach to cry so he tracked down Jay Paterno and made him cry.

No one can withstand Tom Rinaldi's powers. He's conditioned humanity to hear a dramatic, tinkly piano whenever he speaks.

(I think Tom Rinaldi is a psychopath who enjoys seeing other people weep.)

All reporters are psychopaths. Tears are like catnip to them.
Reverend Mike
Merkert Hall

Postby rktbrkr on Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Are any of the online betting sites taking bets on a Sandusky conviction or suicide?
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby HustlinOwl on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Are any of the online betting sites taking bets on a Sandusky conviction or suicide?

I'd go conviction. He was in a position of power for so long, he probably doesn't think he's done anything wrong.
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby Barinthus on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:55 pm

rktbrkr {l Wrote}:Are any of the online betting sites taking bets on a Sandusky conviction or suicide?

Or a slow, painful murder at the hands of a group of neo Ellen Jamesians
hmmmm.... . . . . . . . . .
Barinthus
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm glad PSU lost yesterday.

i wish they lost by at least one more point (but i would have preferred two more)

you hypothetical degenerate gambler...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Megan thinks this through, comes up with new theory.....

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2011/11/the-real-problem-at-penn-state/248472/

Megan {l Wrote}:I have been thinking some more about the Penn State case, and why McQueary and Paterno did what they did. And I have come to the conclusion that most commentators are overlooking a rather obvious contributing factor: they liked Sandusky.

McQueary grew up in State College; his family was friends with Sandusky, and of course, Sandusky had coached him. Paterno had worked with Sandusky closely for years. And if you think about what you would have done in a situation where you caught someone you love and respect in that position, is it really so obvious, as the chest thumping punditariat proclaims, that you would have leaped into the shower, beaten the snot out of him, and frog marched him to the police station after you rescued the kid? Really? You'd have done that to your father, your favorite uncle, your best friend, a beloved mentor?

Think about what that really entails: overcoming all the shock and horror, the defensive mechanisms that make you question what you're really seeing. The total destruction of a long relationship as soon as you name it out loud and accuse him to his face. The actual physical logistics of grabbing a naked sixty year old man, detaching him from that child, and then pounding on him for a while as a ten year old you don't know watches. The fact that the minute you go to the police, you will have utterly ruined this man's life: he will be jobless, friendless, and branded as the worst sort of pervert by everyone in the country--oh, and also, in protective custody so that the other inmates in jail don't, like, kill him.

That's a pretty huge emotional hurdle to leap in the ten seconds or so that McQueary had to do the right thing. Isn't it quite understandable that your instinct might be to get away? To look for some way that didn't have to involve jail? Wouldn't it be a huge relief to tell your superiors and let someone else take care of it?.....

.... Consider, for example, child abuse (sexual or otherwise) in families. How often is the offender actually reported to the police, and how often do the families simply keep the kids away from Grandpa because, well, you know. I'm sure at some level they worry about other kids Grandpa might be touching--but they also worry about what would happen to Grandpa in jail, and the rest of his family in the court of public opinion.

When you find out that someone you know is a pedophile, that doesn't erase your knowledge that they're also a human being. It does in the public mind, of course, but it's very different when you know them.

We are evolved to live in small groups, with very deep loyalty to the other members. In most situations, this is in fact a completely laudable sentiment. But this is the dark side: it is very hard for us to betray the members of those small groups to which we belong, particularly if we have strong emotional bonds to that person. There is a scientific name for people who are not bound by these sorts of ties: sociopaths. And as I understand it, they do not, in fact, make excellent agents of justice, because they don't care about the victims, either.

You could say she is making an excuse for Sanfucksky, and she really is. But is the excuse that she is making, all that unbelievable? If at age 25, you caught your 53 year old dad molesting a child, would you be able to disconnect all your emotions to your own flesh and blood and do the right thing in that one instant? (As Megan would say, are you a sociopath?)
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:16 pm

This lady is dumb.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:This lady is dumb.

I can assure you, she is not dumb. She is making a point, a very simple, intelligent, horrifyingly real, valid point, a point that interacts with the deepest part of human nature, Queary liked Sandfucksky and at that moment, a piece of Queary's world was completely annihilated. That is probably the reason why Queary did the wrong thing.

We all know what the right thing is. She isn't disputing that.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby HustlinOwl on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:31 pm

I can assure you, she is not dumb. She is making a point, a very simple, intelligent, horrifyingly real, valid point, a point that interacts with the deepest part of human nature, Queary liked Sandfucksky and at that moment, a piece of Queary's world was completely annihilated. That is probably the reason why Queary did the wrong thing.

I got your back on this one IB. She has a point. (I'm agreeing with IB :bag)
Shaven, not furred.
HustlinOwl
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:36 pm

Sandusky says hes innocent. Oh, except he TOTALLY showered with kids and touched them in non-sexual ways. Besides that though, he's completely in the clear.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... -interview
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

HustlinOwl {l Wrote}:

I got your back on this one IB. She has a point. (I'm agreeing with IB :bag)

thank you

I can't take credit for this one. Megan's point, and really, she just copied it from someone else.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby ryrob on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 pm

Sickening:

"We were showering and horsing around, and he actually turned all the showers on and was actually sliding across the floor, and we were, as I recall, possibly like snapping a towel -- horseplay," he said.

Why is this fuckstick being given a national audience?
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:31 pm

ryrob {l Wrote}:Sickening:

"We were showering and horsing around, and he actually turned all the showers on and was actually sliding across the floor, and we were, as I recall, possibly like snapping a towel -- horseplay," he said.

Because the reporters can't believe how stupid and asinine his remarks are.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby rktbrkr on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:46 am

I don't think the grand jury would have taken as long as they did if the case against Sandusky was a slam dunk and at this point I don't know how they'll be able to find unbiased jurors.

I think almost everyone would have been dumbfounded if they saw a scene like McQueary saw.
rktbrkr
Campion Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:19 am

She is making a point, just not the right one. I don't think McQueary was worried about sending someone he likes to jail, I think he saw his career flash before his eyes. He knew this was a no win situation for him, the Penn State football program and Paterno. Even if he did go to authorities, he was done. Then, there had to be the intimidation factor. Sandusky was a powerful guy, brought in a lot of money, founder of a well respected charity, already got away with it once without prosecution. Would they believe McQueary? I think he was trying to protect himself and preserve his career. Either way he is just a bit player in the whole thing and I believe they (the Governor and others) are deflecting all of the attention to him at this point to avoid getting looked at themselves. There is no way college administrator types (AD and VP) keep secrets like this from higher ups, they don't have the balls. Others up the chain knew about this, they had to.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:58 am

1) He's getting a national audience because of RATINGS. I'm sure Bob Costas was fully tumescent throughout the entire interview thinking of those ratings and awards and praise from other irrelevant people he would receive for this.

2) When your defense is "all I did was shower and horse around and touch their legs non-sexually" - I think you're done. I wonder at what point he, his wife, his lawyers etc. all looked at each other and said "this is really going to convince people."
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:11 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:

1) He's getting a national audience because of RATINGS. I'm sure Bob Costas was fully tumescent throughout the entire interview thinking of those ratings and awards and praise from other irrelevant people he would receive for this.

2) When your defense is "all I did was shower and horse around and touch their legs non-sexually" - I think you're done. I wonder at what point he, his wife, his lawyers etc. all looked at each other and said "this is really going to convince people."

exactly. the ladyfriend watched this and said the exact same thing "does this sicko really think that makes it okay and/or believable?" the fact that his lawyer let him trot this tripe out lets me know how sick he is... and its sicker than i thought

True fact - his lawyer impregnated a 16-year old when he was 50. So his compass may be a little mis-aligned.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 am

Gotta love the Michael Jackson defense. "He's just a big ol' kid!"
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:01 pm

For Fuckface:

If sovereign immunity does not protect Penn State it will likely be because of its status as a state related university, as opposed to being a member of the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education. One/third of the PSU board is state actors, the others are not. There is case law holding that Penn State was not an agent of the state which may control. - Tuesday's legal
Last edited by eagle9903 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:For Fuckface:

If sovereign immunity does not protect Penn State it will likely be because of its status as a state related university, as opposed to being a member of the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education. One/third of the PSU board is state actors, the others or not. There is case law holding that Penn State was not an agent of the state which may control. - Tuesday's legal and shit

Fixed.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:10 pm

His lawyer ought to be fired if he allowed this interview. Or he should quit if Sandusky did this despite the lawyer's advice.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:30 pm

That was so creepy when Costas asked him straight up if he was sexually attracted to children and he hemmed and hawed about how he loves being around kids and wouldn't just say "no".
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:For Fuckface:

If sovereign immunity does not protect Penn State it will likely be because of its status as a state related university, as opposed to being a member of the Pennsylvania System of Higher Education. One/third of the PSU board is state actors, the others or not. There is case law holding that Penn State was not an agent of the state which may control. - Tuesday's legal and shit

Fixed.

Don't gang up on Hamid, he's trying.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium