Where does the idea come from that Tuggle has a weak arm?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Where does the idea come from that Tuggle has a weak arm?

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:04 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:agree 100%. no idea why Marco Polo was inserted into the game so early....

Because Spaz really likes Marscovetra. Tuggle doesn't have a weak arm and could be a good QB in the right offense. He earned the starts at the beginning of the year but doesn't have anyone in his corner. Shinskie started due to the Clemson disaster and the influence of an over involved AD. He earned the right to keep playing but I don't think the staff trusts him (for a variety of reasons). If Spaz wants Marscovetra he should tell Gene off and roll with it. Whoever they go with though shouldn't be on a short leash. Let the best QB play.

Spaz is a fucking moron. If he says Marco Polo, then Shinskie and Tuggle are the best two.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby talon on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:10 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:agree 100%. no idea why Marco Polo was inserted into the game so early....

Because Spaz really likes Marscovetra. Tuggle doesn't have a weak arm and could be a good QB in the right offense. He earned the starts at the beginning of the year but doesn't have anyone in his corner. Shinskie started due to the Clemson disaster and the influence of an over involved AD. He earned the right to keep playing but I don't think the staff trusts him (for a variety of reasons). If Spaz wants Marscovetra he should tell Gene off and roll with it. Whoever they go with though shouldn't be on a short leash. Let the best QB play.

Dear Spaz,

you're unfireable until 2013.
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby BCDF22 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:13 pm

Is our AD really making decisions about who plays QB now? Holy jeebus
BCDF22
Carney Hall

Postby hansen on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:13 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

interesting.

i'm surprised to hear that the staff doesn't trust Shinskie.

people need to remember that this is Shinskie's third start ever, he's a true freshman, and he was playing the number five team in the country in one of the toughest stadiums to play. not an easy task. he'll bounce back as will the eagles next week...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:33 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

interesting.

i'm surprised to hear that the staff doesn't trust Shinskie.

people need to remember that this is Shinskie's third start ever, he's a true freshman, and he was playing the number five team in the country in one of the toughest stadiums to play. not an easy task. he'll bounce back as will the eagles next week...

I think the trust with Shinskie is part football part off field. He's been fine so far but I think there is a fear that the other shoe could drop at any time.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:37 pm

talon {l Wrote}:Dear Spaz,

If this shit keeps up, I'd be willing to bet you that he and Gene are not.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:20 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
talon {l Wrote}:Dear Spaz,

If this shit keeps up, I'd be willing to bet you that he and Gene are not.

Father Leahy doesn't care about football wins and losses as long as the school keeps getting money.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:22 pm

BCFAN94 and his buddies went to see Otis Day and the Knights with Fawn's friends. Then Tuggle showed up and danced with his date. So now 94 is telling everyone that Tuggle has a weak arm. If I was in your shoes, I'd be leaving!
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Even if we had Ryan...we still have Topo Gigio and Spaz..

Do the math.

We are finished. It's a 3+ year nightmare.

I might as well go on a 3 year Monastery Sabbatical in a place where all you do is have sex with different young =18 girls drink beer, bet horses and party on the beach.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:37 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Even if we had Ryan...we still have Topo Gigio and Spaz..

Do the math.

I might as well go on a 3 year Monastery Sabbatical in a place where all you do is have sex with different young =18 girls drink beer, bet horses and party on the beach.

Print the directions. I'll drive.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:40 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Even if we had Ryan...we still have Topo Gigio and Spaz..

Do the math.

Print the directions. I'll drive.

Pick me up on the way, I have a lot of vacation days at work.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:15 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:BCFAN94 and his buddies went to see Otis Day and the Knights with Fawn's friends. Then Tuggle showed up and danced with his date. So now 94 is telling everyone that Tuggle has a weak arm. If I was in your shoes, I'd be leaving!

You are certainly very creative and witty also so I would never want to get in to an insult contest with you. However, where did I say that Tuggle has a weak arm? Tuggle has a slow release and a motion that resembles a girl throwing. His completion percentage is almost the same to the defense as it is to his own receivers. I never said nor do I think he has a weak arm.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:22 pm

I've said Tuggle has a (relatively) weak arm, although not here, and I stick by it. Besides the one throw to Gunnell against NU, where he stuck it in there, I haven't seen anything resembling a strong arm. And I have seen every throw he has made this season, plus the spring game. Is that enough evidence? His mechanics remind me of a rusty bike chain and when he tilts back and fires the ball straight up into the air, it's more like a catapault than a football throw. Andrew Bryant didn't put that much air under his shots.

If you want the element of his running ability, then he should see the field with the offense adjusted for that. If you want a pocket passer with proven upside, then you go with Shinskie. I've been in the Shinskie camp since walking out of the NU practice. Bottom line is all of these guys are going to have growing pains - some more than others. I am in total agreement that whatever the decision - stick with it and stop being a female about it. It took too long for the staff to make a call, and they're still tentative about it. Man up.

The 2nd quarter switch made me want to cold-cock an infant. Rant over.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:The 2nd quarter switch made me want to cold-cock an infant. Rant over.

This is poetry.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby BigPete on Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:58 pm

First of all, if you want to go ahead and CROWN THE MOTHERFUCKING HOKIES THEN CROWN THEM. The HOKIES ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE -- A VERY GOOD BCS TEAM.

Time was we had a coaching staff that would not get ZERO FIRST DOWNS IN A HALF with the OL and HBs we have. Time was we had the worst QB play I've ever ever seen at BC last year (Crane was horrifically bad, Davis was [unfathomably] every bit as terrible if not worse) and won the division. Never during that time did we play a game where we looked as hapless as we did versus CU and VT. Never.

Never under TOBIAS, the KING OF UNBELIEVABLY FLAT GAMES did we come out and play like that. We lost to FUCKING TEMPLE AND IT WAS LESS EMBARRASSING.

Frank Spaziani is utterly out of his depth. Gary Tranquil should be put out to pasture. We have all of this because 'COACH FLIP' the little napoleonic bitch had to deep-six the program so he could feel for 5 minutes like he had a big cock. End of fucking story. Fuck you Gene. You are a fucking moron.
BigPete
McGuinn Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:07 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:
Never under TOBIAS, the KING OF UNBELIEVABLY FLAT GAMES did we come out and play like that. We lost to FUCKING TEMPLE AND IT WAS LESS EMBARRASSING.

GODDDAMIT, there is truth and then there is pushing broken glass into one's vas deferans. OUCH.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:First of all, if you want to go ahead and CROWN THE MOTHERFUCKING HOKIES THEN CROWN THEM. The HOKIES ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE -- A VERY GOOD BCS TEAM.

Time was we had a coaching staff that would not get ZERO FIRST DOWNS IN A HALF with the OL and HBs we have. Time was we had the worst QB play I've ever ever seen at BC last year (Crane was horrifically bad, Davis was [unfathomably] every bit as terrible if not worse) and won the division. Never during that time did we play a game where we looked as hapless as we did versus CU and VT. Never.

Frank Spaziani is utterly out of his depth. Gary Tranquil should be put out to pasture. We have all of this because 'COACH FLIP' the little napoleonic bitch had to deep-six the program so he could feel for 5 minutes like he had a big cock. End of fucking story. Fuck you Gene. You are a fucking moron.

Even the Redhead said,

"Is that that nice boy you called in NYC when we were up there who has the baby?"

Did he write that?

I said no that was Bad Peter, this is Big Peter.. :o :roll:

Then she said for both of us to go to Disneyworld.

I told her if Peter and I were in Disneyword together with you and the kids there would be dead dwarfs everywhere and Snow White would be fired and arrested Lilo and Stich would be beaten to death.

Then she said we are both insane, crazy and nuts and VT is very good.

This is why you never marry a Redhead.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:56 pm

BigPete {l Wrote}:First of all, if you want to go ahead and CROWN THE MOTHERFUCKING HOKIES THEN CROWN THEM. The HOKIES ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE -- A VERY GOOD BCS TEAM.

the last paragraph is better than poetry.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium