Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:29 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:"we don't want coach x because he may leave for a better team after succeeding here"

I actually heard a Whalepant say this at a reception back in May (can't remember which coach we were talking about). I will admit that I felt this way after losing TC, but I was young and stupid and probably drunk
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:07 am

IB's return was a nice breathe of fresh air, but this we are what we are nonsense is wearing thing.

Just because BC hasn't hired great coaches doesn't mean that we aren't one great coach away. All programs are. There are only so few jobs and no one really knows who will work out and who won't. Look at power programs with huge resources that can't get the right coach. Alabama went through tons of coaches between Stallings and Saban. Michigan hired a great college coach in RichRod and he flamed out. Then they hired one of their guys in Hoke and he didn't work out. USC was hammered when they hired Pete Carroll and yet his run was incredible. Then they hired two Pete clones and both were disasters. I could go one, but if Florida, Tennessee, UCLA, Nebraska, etc screw up, why is BC different?

Addazio is mediocre. We can do better and will do better.

Also IB, TOB was not a good recruiter. Look at the lack of talent at NC State. Much of the talent he had at BC was the type that always comes to BC and would have come regardless.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:15 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:... no one really knows who will work out and who won't ...

there is not a single person on this earth who's last name doesn't end in a vowel that knew that spaz was a disaster level hire

some of the posters on this board recognized sarge was an empty track suit as soon as he was hired. many more jumped on board after his first press conference/wwf promo film

beeker was given a short leash in year one and showed that it was deserved. flattop was not perceived with much in the way of hope and continues to prove us right (dinners with teammates aside)

i'd say it's not that hard to pick out those coaches that won't work out and bc/leahy does a pretty good job at finding them
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:21 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there is not a single person on this earth who's last name doesn't end in a vowel that knew that spaz was a disaster level hire

There are some of us with said vowel at the end of our surname that knew he was going to be a God awful coach!
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:24 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:there is not a single person on this earth who's last name doesn't end in a vowel that knew that spaz was a disaster level hire

There are some of us with said vowel at the end of our surname that knew he was going to be a God awful coach!

maiden name, i assume

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:25 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

maiden name, i assume

Yes, of course. Skinner is much easier to spell.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:10 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:... no one really knows who will work out and who won't ...

there is not a single person on this earth who's last name doesn't end in a vowel that knew that spaz was a disaster level hire

some of the posters on this board recognized sarge was an empty track suit as soon as he was hired. many more jumped on board after his first press conference/wwf promo film

beeker was given a short leash in year one and showed that it was deserved. flattop was not perceived with much in the way of hope and continues to prove us right (dinners with teammates aside)

i'd say it's not that hard to pick out those coaches that won't work out and bc/leahy does a pretty good job at finding them

There is a sizable portion of posters on here who would have complained if we'd hired say Narduzzi instead of Addazio (only partially for vowel ending named reasons but mostly because he's the only one I can think of who might reasonably have been available and isn't obviously terrible, Butch Jones may have fallen into this category I don't know) because they simply assume that everything that happens to/at BC is awful and therefore if it happens its awful. They have been right many times over the last near decade, but that doesn't make them smart, more assholes. There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:11 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

maiden name, i assume

Yes, of course. Skinner is much easier to spell.

handsome ends in a vowel
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:35 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
There is a sizable portion of posters on here who would have complained if we'd hired say Narduzzi instead of Addazio (only partially for vowel ending named reasons but mostly because he's the only one I can think of who might reasonably have been available and isn't obviously terrible, Butch Jones may have fallen into this category I don't know) because they simply assume that everything that happens to/at BC is awful and therefore if it happens its awful. They have been right many times over the last near decade, but that doesn't make them smart, more assholes...

this is difficult to gauge. i don't think jags got anywhere near the level of scrutiny you are attributing to this sizable portion of posters.

i feel like spaz was a known disaster from day 1 and needs no further explanation.

sarge was less universally hated but there were some strong, tough, handsome, totally straight and not at all fat posters that pointed out that he didn't really do that well at florida once jebus boy left and ran a pretty decent temple team with pretty decent golden recruits into the ground in year 2. those posters also noted his camera-side manner seemed forced and would likely get old.

beeker walked into a bad spot because the level headed posters felt handsome was shown the door too quickly and in a shitty manner. as a result, mrs 9903 gained some undeserved "you aren't the guy we had last year that we liked so therefore we don't like you." of course, by the time he whistled, called timeouts, recruited more white wings that could kinda shoot, and ran away players that looked like they could play (yeah, i know, this point is a stretch), the "we hate you because you aren't al" group turned into the "we hate you because you appear to be bad at most aspects of coaching" group. add in a bunch of nerds that wore robes and turned their quiddich broomsticks into disciple staffs and you have final judgement.

flattop washed out at tcu and went on record of not wanting to coach there because their conference was too good. a reasonable person would say "that guy sounds like a pussy - how will he handle the acc." therefore, i think dislike for him was well founded as well.

therefore, i think it could just as easily be stated that the wah wah's are well founded in pointing out the shittiness of the bc hires as it can that the blind squirrels that shit on everything keep finding their nuts.

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:...There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.

as the coaching staff i feel they can do this sort of posting in the offseason but i agree with your assessment for in-season posting
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:44 am

I think Addazio would be successful if he stopped doing the coaching part of his job, like Jags did.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:30 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think Addazio would be successful if he stopped doing the coaching part of his job, like Jags did.

Exactly. He wants to be Urban Meyer but he should try to be Dabo.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:31 pm

he's urban meyer that's only missing three key "s" words

skill
skin
smarts
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:36 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.

Stop stealing Big Pete's schtick.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Corporal Funishment on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:06 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}: ...they simply assume that everything that happens to/at BC is awful and therefore if it happens its awful. They have been right many times over the last near decade, but that doesn't make them smart, more assholes. There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.

"its" = wrong
"They have" = a good play by you, not risking combining the two words into a contraction and having to face your enemy the apostrophe
"There is" = Playing within yourself, again, good and my advice would be to do this more
"its" = wrong, you really have no clue with these apostrophes

:cry:
Proud member of the War Room Posse

EO "Worst Poster" award winner, '17
Unapologetic Catholic
LOCK HER UP - BUILD THE WALL - GOD IN SCHOOLS - BENGHAZI - FAKE BIRTH CERTIFICATE - PEDO CABAL- WIN THE WAR ON XMAS
Corporal Funishment
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:18 pm

PhillyIntern, you need to fire your manservant's secretary
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:26 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:PhillyIntern, you need to fire your manservant's secretary

or give them a raise.

i'd think that every smarmy glacier response would earn them another shekel or two
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Corporal Funishment {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}: ...they simply assume that everything that happens to/at BC is awful and therefore if it happens its awful. They have been right many times over the last near decade, but that doesn't make them smart, more assholes. There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.

"its" = wrong
"They have" = a good play by you, not risking combining the two words into a contraction and having to face your enemy the apostrophe
"There is" = Playing within yourself, again, good and my advice would be to do this more
"its" = wrong, you really have no clue with these apostrophes

:cry:

I was typing with one hand well taking care of your mother with the other. She requires the entire hand in order to feel anything. Next time I'll neglect her, but I'm going to tell her it's your fault.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:12 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:There is also a large unfunny lot that wants to hang out with the kewl posters that fakes their dickishness because they think its edgy, those posters suck.

Stop stealing Big Pete's schtick.

Not unless he comes back and starts using it. Someone needs to.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:19 pm

PhillyIntern's mom joke is so bad, it's good.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:21 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:PhillyIntern's mom joke is so bad, it's good.

glacier is fucking terrible. He is the bell cow of the useless posting class (jhiggi seems to have gone somewhere).
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:45 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:PhillyIntern's mom joke is so bad, it's good.

glacier is fucking terrible. He is the bell cow of the useless posting class (jhiggi seems to have gone somewhere).

i think jhiggi was put in charge of finding out if hillary really wears a hearing aid or not. it's one of his candidate's top 10 agenda items so IT'S IMPORTANT (or, as you would say ITS IMPORTANT)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:49 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:"we don't want coach x because he may leave for a better team after succeeding here"

nice try but your post is not sincere.

you're just trying to get murt to ban me again

but, here's your gay shit, gay shit lover

Of all the gay photos that you've posted, this was easily the most disturbing.

There, I said it.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:58 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

There, I said it.

well, that seems like an unnecessary challenge
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:01 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:

There, I said it.

Well take your time. Hansen probably needs a few minutes to recover after the last time he clicked on a link you posted "by mistake" again.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:07 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

There, I said it.

Well take your time. Hansen probably needs a few minutes to recover after the last time he clicked on a link you posted "by mistake" again.

i would imagine he's been training during his two years in thailand
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:14 pm

PhillyIntern is having a good day today.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:23 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
hansen {l Wrote}:

There, I said it.

i would imagine he's been training during his two years in thailand

Men's assholes are grosser than (men's) dicks

P.s. I put men's in parentheses because of Foot

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:36 pm

:x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:46 pm

but that man's dick is inside the other man's asshole

(ps - this now seems a perfect tangent for the true purpose of this thread. that notorious orange has a real vision i tells ya)
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:01 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:but that man's dick is inside the other man's asshole

(ps - this now seems a perfect tangent for the true purpose of this thread. that notorious orange has a real vision i tells ya)

Luckily, I missed that part

hansen
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium