Patriots Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Patriots Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:56 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Here's some new material...
http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/20 ... /22419381/
Supposedly, the Patsies are looking at Vanderburg as a later round draft pick. They apparently feel optimistic of an overturned decision considering that there is absolute no proof that he committed rape.

How are they gonna trade rape the Raiders this time to get the necessary picks? Ooooooohhhhh, now the Penn State references make sense.

Again... only Patsy fans think that other fans are as sensitive about the professional team they follow. I couldn't care less what you say about the Raiders because I guarantee I have said worse.

True, it's easier to not give a shit when your team is complete dogshit. Congrats.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:57 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:BTW... care to enlighten me as to the pilfering that you are referring to? I honestly don't know what you are talking about regarding draft picks. The only egregious trade I can think of is when Moss refused to play for them and orchestrated an exit to New England. Nonetheless, even if there were some draft picks the Patriots got, I am quite confident that the Raiders would have squandered the choice... meaning that it quite immaterial whether they had them or not.

It's documented in the Barnwell article I referenced the other day, but we are aware that you are allergic to Bill Simmons and evidence, and thus skipped it.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:00 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:BTW... care to enlighten me as to the pilfering that you are referring to? I honestly don't know what you are talking about regarding draft picks. The only egregious trade I can think of is when Moss refused to play for them and orchestrated an exit to New England. Nonetheless, even if there were some draft picks the Patriots got, I am quite confident that the Raiders would have squandered the choice... meaning that it quite immaterial whether they had them or not.

It's documented in the Barnwell article I referenced the other day, but we are aware that you are allergic to Bill Simmons and evidence it didn't agree with your current agenda, and thus you skipped it.

fixed
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:05 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's documented in the Barnwell article I referenced the other day, but we are aware that you are allergic to Bill Simmons and evidence, and thus skipped it.

I read it and it deserved to be published in Grantland. It was an article about how Beliceck alleges fleeces everyone during the draft and then makes bad picks with his bounty. It was every bit the longwinded tortured analysis we have all come to know from Bill Simmons' trainwreck.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:07 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

I read it and it deserved to be published in Grantland. It was an article about how Beliceck alleges fleeces everyone during the draft and then makes bad picks with his bounty. It was every bit the longwinded tortured analysis we have all come to know from Bill Simmons' trainwreck.

So in otherwords, the Raiders got hammered in it.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:12 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There are a number of very real ways in which the Raiders can be "hammered". Barnwell's mess is not among of them.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:16 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

There are a number of very real ways in which the Raiders can be "hammered". Barnwell's mess is not among of them.

Okay. I know having a shitty team to root for can be sirius bizness, want to make sure I have the rules down.

Hosed in the draft = NOT sirius.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Okay. I know having a shitty team to root for can be sirius bizness, want to make sure I have the rules down.

you got way too far down the road...

support a shitty team = don't care about the nfl

the weird part is the incongruent add on:

patriots are accused of something = lose your shit about a league that you claim not to care about
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:14 pm

this thread needs to be meatbombed out of its misery.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:18 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

you got way too far down the road...

support a shitty team = don't care about the nfl

the weird part is the incongruent add on:

patriots are accused of something = lose your shit about a league that you claim not to care about

He's very serious about not being serious and thinking everyone else is serious when they are not. Good stuff.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:24 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:this thread needs to be meatbombed out of its misery.

This happens to every weirdos thread I start and I never learn.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:31 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:this thread needs to be meatbombed out of its misery.

If only there was an event for you to learn everything that you haven't learned, yet. An apocalypse or Armageddon of sorts.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:40 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

If only there was an event for you to learn everything that you haven't learned, yet. An apocalypse or Armageddon of sorts.

or an entire season with a posting theme...

TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:04 pm

I kind of liked this thread but all good things come to an end, I hope canarycxnt,elvii and teddy make it to dr. Martha blyhope in time so we can do this again soon. If branchinator doesn't recover from his hurt butt that's cool too.

Nice working with you mo'j.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:10 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I kind of liked this thread but all good things come to an end, I hope canarycxnt,elvii and teddy make it to dr. Martha blyhope in time so we can do this again soon. If branchinator doesn't recover from his hurt butt that's cool too.

Same. Claver2010's contributions also should not go unnoticed.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:04 pm

I think my favorite aspect of message boardery is when people try to project feelings of butthurt on you.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:19 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I kind of liked this thread but all good things come to an end, I hope canarycxnt,elvii and teddy make it to dr. Martha blyhope in time so we can do this again soon. If branchinator doesn't recover from his hurt butt that's cool too.

Same. Claver2010's contributions also should not go unnoticed.

Good job, good effort. :dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I think my favorite aspect of message boardery is when people try to project feelings of butthurt on you.

She didn't let you check the HMO box huh?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:Image

I can't believe you don't shut up
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

i'm trying to determine which one is sirius bizness intern, HomoJS, and teddy in this photo

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:38 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

i'm trying to determine which one is sirius bizness intern, HomoJS, and teddy in this photo

Serious question, is what is depicted in that picture happening outside your window right now? Did you take it with your cell phone?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:49 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I'm the one making them dance.

Check please.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 am

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:11 am

So who's going to inspect Tom Brady's balls before the big game?

THIS IS IMPORTANT
Last edited by hansen on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:12 am

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:29 am

hansen {l Wrote}:So who's going to inspect Tom Brady's balls before the big game?

THIS IS IMPORTANT

this sounds like volunteering.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:34 am

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:36 am

NFL fumble numbers are largely about how often your QB gets hit. 24 of the first 26 leaders in the category are QBs http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumble-category

Of course, fumbles lost is a whole different ball game that largely deals with luck. The Patriots fumbles twice in the early moments of the AFCCG, but recovered both fumbles. In 2013, NE was 24th in total fumbles but only 8th in total fumbles lost. DeMarco Murray fumbled 6 times and lost all 6.

Regardless, that stat still looks like a question of whose QB gets hit the most - http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/player-stat/fumbles-lost

Note that Brady lost the same number of fumbles as Manning (6), and recovered the same number (3).

New England also had a 60/40 run pass ratio, which puts them in the bottom half of the league for rush attempts. Despite passing 60% of the time, Brady was only sacked on 4% of the plays, which ranks 4th in the league. Brady's offense is designed to get the ball out of his hands quickly. Moreover, given that Brady turtles at the first sign of pressure, it is not surprising he rarely fumbles on those few occasions that he actually gets hit.

Newsflash, good teams don't fumble much. Good teams that protect their QB fumble even less. Good teams that protect their QB and have a coach that obsesses about ball security fumble the least.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:40 am

PS, this was my favorite line of "proof" in that article that was actually reported on a few weeks ago by a real football analyst:

Danny Amendola had 10 fumbles in four seasons with the Rams, then came to New England and lost the ball only once in two years.

You'd probably need to watch a lot of Pats games to realize how funny this is, but just trust me.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium