Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Addazio will turn out to be a great hire

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:20 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Recruiting is not the problem. That is actually one area where I feel Addazio has delivered. We had more talent than Georgia Tech. I would say at every position except QB. Don't use the historical recruiting rankings to tell us where we've been. The 2003 class was great but it also got a bump from the Guru because of TOB's access. Even if the star rankings are not great, the talent is showing through.

Recruiting is only a problem in the sense that Addazio has to recruit like an SEC team to overcome how he manages a game. But he's recruiting well for the ACC and for BC.

This. If the recruiting is so awful, how did they manage having the number 1 defense in the country last year?
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eagletx on Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:32 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Another Daz apologist checking in to say that I was wrong. I'm quickly losing faith. And mostly it comes from this quote on the decision to call three straight running plays on our 2nd to last offensive drive with 5m left on the clock:

Daz: "Our goal at that point was to take as much time off the clock as we could, punt the ball, and let our defense win the game. We thought that was the right strategy at this point. We wanted our defense to have the game in their hand at the end. Period. And that’s what we did."

I am far from a football strategy genius, but I feel fully qualified to say that this is 5-year old level stupid. Maybe if you're up 4 and you're giving the other team the ball back with less than a minute. But up 4 with 5 minutes to play a few things can happen if you're on offense:
1) Drive for a TD: Kill Clock + Go up 2 Scores = 99% win.
2) Drive for a FG: Kill Clock + Go up 7pts = 80% win, 20% regulation tie.
3) Drive for 1st Downs, but No Points: Kill Clock + Still up 4pts = 70% win.
4) 3 Quasi Kneel Downs + Punt: Leave 3:30 on the Clock = 50% win, 50% lose.

Daz chose to ignore option s 1-3 and apparently just prefers option #4. This is as close as you get to an objectively WRONG coaching decision as it gets.

Letting the defense try to win was (mathematically) the correct move. BC was 97% to win when it was 4th and 19 for Georgia Tech. They lost because the players didn't get it done. That is it. This one was not on the coach. He takes blame for a lot of the losses last year. Not this one.

This is bullshit. If we get two or three first downs GT never even gets a 1st down, let alone a 4th and 19. Amd the way the offense was rolling in the 2nd half, that was very doable.

No coach in the world has ever taken a knee 3x's and punted up 4 with 5 minutes left saying they'd prefer to have their defense on the field. That's effectively what Daz did.

Alright, whatever. I'm frustrated with the team too, but this loss was not on Addazio.

I agree. This lost wasn't his fault. But I saw enough in this one that the injuries and inexperience of last year no longer justify the pathetically idiotic in game coaching. That's all I'm saying.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we win 9 this year. Defense looks good. Offense looks much better.

Doesn't change the idiocy from Daz.

I am very frustrated. I would be even more frustrated if I thought the team could be something special this year. They can't. Whether they win or lose vs Georgia Tech, they either go 6-6 or 7-5 or 5-7 or something like that. It doesn't really make... any difference. Nothing special.

Bottomline, their recruiting blows. Simple as that. They can't recruit. This team has had the 13th or 14th ranked recruiting class in the ACC (out of 14 teams) in each of the last 3 years. I see nothing changing. And I don't think switching the coach will make any difference. At the moment (and I know this tastes like shit in everyone's mouth) BC just doesn't sell. You are not going to get the good players no matter who the coach is. Daz is going to have to build a team out of Tim Joy types. And maybe with those types of players, they limp along into a 7 win season provided they play 3 little sisters of the poor in their 4 OOC games.

They have not had an excellent recruiting class in 13 years.

The recruiting thing is only going to change when 2 things happen. First is controllable by Addazio, and thats winning, changing the perception which is god awful right now. Ill also add, I don't personally think the recruiting has been that bad. I think you are going to have a difficult time trying to find a clear delineation between the talent on the BC roster and the talent elsewhere in the conference (outside of a select few). Second is out of his hands, and thats for the administration to open their wallets and use their influence to push the facilities through. The fact that there is not a shovel in the ground on something as simple as an indoor practice facility is laughable, its a turf field with walls. It has no impact on traffic, no impact on the neighbors. For years the school leaned on Menino being difficult, kind of a shit excuse now that an alum is in office. They need an indoor practice facility as well as new locker rooms and a weight facility ASAP. Build it all into one, simple. It goes into the perception as well, and I guarantee every school BC recruits against uses BC's lack of facilities and lack of administrative support against it in the process. Until they bite the bullet and upgrade years of neglect to facility upgrades, its only going to get worse.

Swinney just donated Clemson $1M to further the football program....If Daz does the same, I'll give him a one year pass...otherwise, the sooner this joker is gone, the better the program will be until the NEXT boneheaded hire....
eagletx
Campion Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:20 pm

eagletx {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:Another Daz apologist checking in to say that I was wrong. I'm quickly losing faith. And mostly it comes from this quote on the decision to call three straight running plays on our 2nd to last offensive drive with 5m left on the clock:

Daz: "Our goal at that point was to take as much time off the clock as we could, punt the ball, and let our defense win the game. We thought that was the right strategy at this point. We wanted our defense to have the game in their hand at the end. Period. And that’s what we did."

I am far from a football strategy genius, but I feel fully qualified to say that this is 5-year old level stupid. Maybe if you're up 4 and you're giving the other team the ball back with less than a minute. But up 4 with 5 minutes to play a few things can happen if you're on offense:
1) Drive for a TD: Kill Clock + Go up 2 Scores = 99% win.
2) Drive for a FG: Kill Clock + Go up 7pts = 80% win, 20% regulation tie.
3) Drive for 1st Downs, but No Points: Kill Clock + Still up 4pts = 70% win.
4) 3 Quasi Kneel Downs + Punt: Leave 3:30 on the Clock = 50% win, 50% lose.

Daz chose to ignore option s 1-3 and apparently just prefers option #4. This is as close as you get to an objectively WRONG coaching decision as it gets.

Letting the defense try to win was (mathematically) the correct move. BC was 97% to win when it was 4th and 19 for Georgia Tech. They lost because the players didn't get it done. That is it. This one was not on the coach. He takes blame for a lot of the losses last year. Not this one.

This is bullshit. If we get two or three first downs GT never even gets a 1st down, let alone a 4th and 19. Amd the way the offense was rolling in the 2nd half, that was very doable.

No coach in the world has ever taken a knee 3x's and punted up 4 with 5 minutes left saying they'd prefer to have their defense on the field. That's effectively what Daz did.

Alright, whatever. I'm frustrated with the team too, but this loss was not on Addazio.

I agree. This lost wasn't his fault. But I saw enough in this one that the injuries and inexperience of last year no longer justify the pathetically idiotic in game coaching. That's all I'm saying.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we win 9 this year. Defense looks good. Offense looks much better.

Doesn't change the idiocy from Daz.

I am very frustrated. I would be even more frustrated if I thought the team could be something special this year. They can't. Whether they win or lose vs Georgia Tech, they either go 6-6 or 7-5 or 5-7 or something like that. It doesn't really make... any difference. Nothing special.

Bottomline, their recruiting blows. Simple as that. They can't recruit. This team has had the 13th or 14th ranked recruiting class in the ACC (out of 14 teams) in each of the last 3 years. I see nothing changing. And I don't think switching the coach will make any difference. At the moment (and I know this tastes like shit in everyone's mouth) BC just doesn't sell. You are not going to get the good players no matter who the coach is. Daz is going to have to build a team out of Tim Joy types. And maybe with those types of players, they limp along into a 7 win season provided they play 3 little sisters of the poor in their 4 OOC games.

They have not had an excellent recruiting class in 13 years.

The recruiting thing is only going to change when 2 things happen. First is controllable by Addazio, and thats winning, changing the perception which is god awful right now. Ill also add, I don't personally think the recruiting has been that bad. I think you are going to have a difficult time trying to find a clear delineation between the talent on the BC roster and the talent elsewhere in the conference (outside of a select few). Second is out of his hands, and thats for the administration to open their wallets and use their influence to push the facilities through. The fact that there is not a shovel in the ground on something as simple as an indoor practice facility is laughable, its a turf field with walls. It has no impact on traffic, no impact on the neighbors. For years the school leaned on Menino being difficult, kind of a shit excuse now that an alum is in office. They need an indoor practice facility as well as new locker rooms and a weight facility ASAP. Build it all into one, simple. It goes into the perception as well, and I guarantee every school BC recruits against uses BC's lack of facilities and lack of administrative support against it in the process. Until they bite the bullet and upgrade years of neglect to facility upgrades, its only going to get worse.

Swinney just donated Clemson $1M to further the football program....If Daz does the same, I'll give him a one year pass...otherwise, the sooner this joker is gone, the better the program will be until the NEXT boneheaded hire....

Of course while this would be a great gesture on Addazios part, but it doesn't really do much to remedy the problem. The money to build the facilities that BC needs exists, as does the space. Addazio making this type of commitment would be only be for show, it would not get the facility issue over some magic hurdle and all of a sudden start a building boom. Perhaps if he felt he had some more job security (which is his fault after last season, I'm not absolving him of that), something like this could happen, but why would Addazio contribute $1mm if he knows there is even a 10% chance he's not back next year ? Dabo is going into year 8.5 with Clemson and just signed a 6 year extension off of a NC game appearance, its a different situation.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby ILikeBC on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:30 pm

I just want this thread to turn into a new Williams best rb
ILikeBC
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:48 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Recruiting is not the problem. That is actually one area where I feel Addazio has delivered. We had more talent than Georgia Tech. I would say at every position except QB. Don't use the historical recruiting rankings to tell us where we've been. The 2003 class was great but it also got a bump from the Guru because of TOB's access. Even if the star rankings are not great, the talent is showing through.

Recruiting is only a problem in the sense that Addazio has to recruit like an SEC team to overcome how he manages a game. But he's recruiting well for the ACC and for BC.

This. If the recruiting is so awful, how did they manage having the number 1 defense in the country last year?

Take out Clemson and Florida State, ACC offenses suck. That is why.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby innocentbystander on Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:57 pm

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Recruiting is not the problem. That is actually one area where I feel Addazio has delivered.

No. :toby delivered. He just complained about all the work he had to do TO deliver (to the point where we hated him) AND he sucked as a game day coach.

Recruiting IS the main problem. Its been that way for the last 7+ years.

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We had more talent than Georgia Tech. I would say at every position except QB. Don't use the historical recruiting rankings to tell us where we've been. The 2003 class was great but it also got a bump from the Guru because of TOB's access. Even if the star rankings are not great, the talent is showing through.

And BC may very well have more talent than Wake Forest. That doesn't make them talented ACC team. Georgia Tech (currently) blows.

Addazio does not have to recruit like Alabama to win 10 in the ACC. He has to recruit at least as good as the "average" ACC team. He is well below that, WELL BELOW.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:03 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Recruiting is not the problem. That is actually one area where I feel Addazio has delivered.

No. :toby delivered. He just complained about all the work he had to do TO deliver (to the point where we hated him) AND he sucked as a game day coach.

Recruiting IS the main problem. Its been that way for the last 7+ years.

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:We had more talent than Georgia Tech. I would say at every position except QB. Don't use the historical recruiting rankings to tell us where we've been. The 2003 class was great but it also got a bump from the Guru because of TOB's access. Even if the star rankings are not great, the talent is showing through.

And BC may very well have more talent than Wake Forest. That doesn't make them talented ACC team. Georgia Tech (currently) blows.

Addazio does not have to recruit like Alabama to win 10 in the ACC. He has to recruit at least as good as the "average" ACC team. He is well below that, WELL BELOW.

Who do you consider the "average ACC team". My guess wil be Pitt, Duke, NCSU. You're going to have a hard time differentiating talent levels between that group and BC. The top few, yes, BC doesn't have the same talent as FSU, Clemson, Miami, Louisville. But to say that Addazio isn't recruiting at a similar level to the average school, and basing your assumption on subjective rankings, is simply wrong.

2014 is a perfect example. He was dealing primarily with Spaz's garbage (worse talent and a totally mismanaged roster in terms of numbers and depth) and easily could have won 10 games. There just isn't enough differentiation between teams 5 and 14 to point to that as being a major issue.

With that being said, BC is never going to get out of 3rd/4th place in the Atlantic until recruiting picks up, and that's going to happen when investment in the program starts and facilities get built ASAP, but they're not as far behind the conference as you suggest.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:08 am

Recruiting is an excuse and nospace is a bad alias, just stop all around dumbasses.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:26 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Take out Clemson and Florida State, ACC offenses suck. That is why.

Huh? They held FSU to 119 yards passing, Dalvin Cook to 54 yards rushing and only let up one touchdown. That's some pretty good defense against a very good offense.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby JesuitIvy on Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:38 pm

I'm am/was as ripshit as anyone about the way Dazzler blew that game, but none of the names people say they'd settle for at this point would be any better with i n game management and would probably be worse for recruiting. I agree with ATL that our talent/recruiting has improved. The announcers during the GT game talked about BC's speed overwhelming GT - when was the last time you heard 'team speed kills' in reference to BC?!

I think the best to hope for right now is he continues to get better players so we have more games with leads big enough that even Daz's mismanagement can't screw it up. And maybe some of our luck turns and we offset some of the bad luck losses (I'd say Duke last year, with that b.s. non-TD call, was one) with good luck wins. The season is still early so I'm working on optimism - maybe this was our WTF loss for the year.
Realigning
JesuitIvy
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:03 pm

when you are as big an asshole to the refs as sgt thinskin is, you aren't going to get a lot of calls. not to say refs go out of their way to screw you but they sure as shit aren't helping you out.

i'm tired of this clown representing my university. i hope he falls into a well
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm tired of this clown representing my university. i hope he falls into a well

Even if the absolute best possible replacement we could ever dream of hiring is an RBC grad? Because I believe that to be true.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:11 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i'm tired of this clown representing my university. i hope he falls into a well

Even if the absolute best possible replacement we could ever dream of hiring is an RBC grad? Because I believe that to be true.

Royal Bank of Canada?
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

red bank catholic, those fucking morons...

from my sources, golden al is quite happy in the nfl and will continue in a limited coaching capacity at that level as long as someone will pay him to do so. the ego slash from da' u will keep him from being interested in a head job for quite a while

his parents have also stripped the miami sticker off the back of their cars but continue to fly the temple stickers
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
his parents have also stripped the miami sticker off the back of their cars but continue to fly the temple stickers

Are any of their cars a Dodge Stratus?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:59 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

no - his parents are too old to handle the power of a dodge stratus

and, before you ask, i do not know for certain but i would guess that his mom does NOT have a weener. sorry to disappoint
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:16 pm

rat farts.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Until something changes BC is competing for 4th place in the ACC. They're just going to get overwhelmed talent wise against Clemson/FSU and Daz is too retarded to beat Lville who is also clearly more talented.

The rest of the teams they play is pretty much a coin flip with the way Daz coaches
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:35 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:

no - his parents are too old to handle the power of a dodge stratus

and, before you ask, i do not know for certain but i would guess that his mom does NOT have a weener. sorry to disappoint

t.i.a.g.p.a.y.s.f.g.a.i.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Shoreagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:51 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

from my sources, golden al is quite happy in the nfl and will continue in a limited coaching capacity at that level as long as someone will pay him to do so. the ego slash from da' u will keep him from being interested in a head job for quite a while

I saw Golden Al in a liquor store in Spring Lake right around New Years. I said coach we need you back at BC to correct the mess. He laughed.
Shoreagle
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:05 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

Golden Al would kill for the BC job. Of that I am certain. Heck... he wanted the Rutgres job a few months ago.

I think he would be OK here: he'd recruit well, would win the "right way", isn't a hot-blooded Eyetal, would like the lack of scrutiny (especially after Miami). However, he too is a conservative coach... doesn't seem to have much of a preferred style (so is a bit of all over the place year2year)... while he's much smarter than Daz, that may be about it. All that said, he would be an improvement over Daz, Spaz, Henning and TOB. He'd likely also be a better long-term coach then Jags (from a building a program perspective... he wouldn't be a better game coach).

As for the parents' car... mooz mooz

Hypothetically, the best coach for this program is BOB followed by Chip. With both impossible for BC to get... even if either were fired this year... finding a realistic coach who would guarantee the ability to deliver on the necessary culture change so we can get back to consistent winning is very difficult. I think the ONLY available coach who we could actually hire and who would very likely have us in position as a program to be a threat in the division in 3 years is Greg Schiano.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:12 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

Golden Al would kill for the BC job. Of that I am certain. Heck... he wanted the Rutgres job a few months ago.

I think he would be OK here: he'd recruit well, would win the "right way", isn't a hot-blooded Eyetal, would like the lack of scrutiny (especially after Miami). However, he too is a conservative coach... doesn't seem to have much of a preferred style (so is a bit of all over the place year2year)... while he's much smarter than Daz, that may be about it. All that said, he would be an improvement over Daz, Spaz, Henning and TOB. He'd likely also be a better long-term coach then Jags (from a building a program perspective... he wouldn't be a better game coach).

Hypothetically, the best coach for this program is BOB followed by Chip. With both impossible for BC to get... even if either were fired this year... finding a realistic coach who would guarantee the ability to deliver on the necessary culture change so we can get back to consistent winning is very difficult. I think the ONLY available coach who we could actually hire and who would very likely have us in position as a program to be a threat in the division in 3 years is Greg Schiano.

HJS, when is the Dazzler's contract with BC up, or was it (regrettably) renewed and extended?
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:00 pm

We are never going to get a Saban. Forget it.

Given the track record that THE BEST coaches that coach football at BC instantly bolt for greener pastures (both figuratively, athletically, and financially) the very moment they are able to do so (BC contract be d-mned) it is foolish to even consider that BC has anyway of keeping the best ones here. If we go cheap, roll the dice with a young unproven guy, get lucky as he turns out to be both a stellar recruiter AND a somewhat decent game day coach, he'll be gone faster than Urban Meyer left Utah. In the blink of an eye, gone (or try to leave, ala Jags.) Which is very frustrating. There can be no continuity with anyone halfway decent.

Coaching football at BC is either a resume builder (TOBy, Tom Coughlin, Don Brown, Leahy, Holovak, etc) OR a career ender (Bicknell, Spaz, Henning, probably Daz.) Nothing in-between. Even Jags may have ended his career here.

So I think we need to focus on someone young who has a personal connection to the school (someone emotionally tied to BC), sign him to a very short contract (2 or 3 years), see if he can both recruit AND game day coach. If he can't, let the contract run out. If he can, sign him for 10+ years with MAJOR financial penalties on his part if he departs. And maybe he'll agree to that because he has a personal connection to the success of the school. We have to try something new... think differently. Or else, the best we can hope for is another TOBy (great recruiter but very disgruntled, unhappy coach, who thinks he can do so much better than BC.) The worst, we are going to just get another Dan Henaddaziani.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby eagle33 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:40 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

HJS, when is the Dazzler's contract with BC up, or was it (regrettably) renewed and extended?

http://www.campusrush.com/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-texas-lsu-1992073509.html
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:10 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

Golden plus D'onofrio is a step down from addazio plus brown and probably from addazio plus reid. Both Daz and golden are abysmal game coaches, both are good recruiters but would be hindered by the program. I'd rather roll with FHcRD.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

Royal Bank of Canada?

Golden plus D'onofrio is a step down from addazio plus brown and probably from addazio plus reid. Both Daz and golden are abysmal game coaches, both are good recruiters but would be hindered by the program. I'd rather roll with FHcRD.

plus, moj is wrong and golden couldn't be any less interested. usually coaches with guns to their heads forcing them to coach somewhere they don't want to be don't work out
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:00 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:We are never going to get a Saban. Forget it.

Given the track record that THE BEST coaches that coach football at BC instantly bolt for greener pastures (both figuratively, athletically, and financially) the very moment they are able to do so (BC contract be d-mned) it is foolish to even consider that BC has anyway of keeping the best ones here. If we go cheap, roll the dice with a young unproven guy, get lucky as he turns out to be both a stellar recruiter AND a somewhat decent game day coach, he'll be gone faster than Urban Meyer left Utah. In the blink of an eye, gone (or try to leave, ala Jags.) Which is very frustrating. There can be no continuity with anyone halfway decent.

Coaching football at BC is either a resume builder (TOBy, Tom Coughlin, Don Brown, Leahy, Holovak, etc) OR a career ender (Bicknell, Spaz, Henning, probably Daz.) Nothing in-between. Even Jags may have ended his career here.

So I think we need to focus on someone young who has a personal connection to the school (someone emotionally tied to BC), sign him to a very short contract (2 or 3 years), see if he can both recruit AND game day coach. If he can't, let the contract run out. If he can, sign him for 10+ years with MAJOR financial penalties on his part if he departs. And maybe he'll agree to that because he has a personal connection to the success of the school. We have to try something new... think differently. Or else, the best we can hope for is another TOBy (great recruiter but very disgruntled, unhappy coach, who thinks he can do so much better than BC.) The worst, we are going to just get another Dan Henaddaziani.

in the history of the internet, i am not sure there has ever been a poster worse than you. (congratulations, hansen).

so, what you are describing is that bc gets a coach that comes in and performs so successfully, he is attracted away to a better job. and you are saying that's a bad thing. because bc did well.

and then what might happen - bc would get a reputation for giving coaches a shot to do well and then find someplace "better" if they are successful at bc. wouldn't that be terrible, getting coaches that are actually hungry to succeed rather than just fall assbackwards into a job after a 4-7 season.

the worst part of all of this is that you might actually get a string of success by having a good coach, with good recruits leave and getting another good coach to replace him/her to potentially succeed with said good recruits.

all you pussy ass "we don't want a coach that is going to leave" cocksuckers are the reason we keep getting guys that have no chance at a head shot anywhere else and use us as a place that they can ride out their 5 year contract, making bank and stashing cash, before heading off to some other place that they still likely aren't qualified for but will get overpaid to do a bad job there too.

the next person that posts "we don't want coach x because he may leave for a better team after succeeding here" will have their post altered to include a picture of the gay sex that i assume that poster engages in
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:16 am

"we don't want coach x because he may leave for a better team after succeeding here"
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:23 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:"we don't want coach x because he may leave for a better team after succeeding here"

nice try but your post is not sincere.

you're just trying to get murt to ban me again

but, here's your gay shit, gay shit lover
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

PreviousNext