What I know about Montel

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: What I know about Montel

Postby 31southst on Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:29 pm

Eric Hoffses on twitter:

Hearing former Boston College running back Montel Harris will play at Temple this year. Wish him the best w his health
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:04 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.

2012 nerd here to clarify. The alumni section that you're referring to is most likely about the senior class gift. Slightly over 1,000 of the 2,200 BC 2012 graduates donated. Montel was not one of them and that's why he's not on that page. I didn't hold on to the commencement program, but I'm pretty sure he did graduate.

Unfortunately your 2012 nerd clarification is not even remotely close to what I was making reference to. If you go to bc.edu there is an alumni section for ALL Boston College graduates which you need to be an alum of Boston College to log onto. In this section there is a directory which has information on pretty much every person to receive a degree from BC who is currently alive such as William H. Cosby who received an honorary degree in 1996. The directory has now been updated with the information for the individuals from the class of 2012. Montel Harris is not listed. Dominick LeGrande is listed as receiving a degree from A&S in communications. On my end I am going by Montel not being listed for commencement and according to BC's own website he is not listed in the alumni directory as someone who has been given a degree and you have "I'm pretty sure he did graduate."

It is weird he's not in the directory, but I think all signs point to him having graduated at this point. I tried florida alums, first name montel, last names harris and jordan and none showed up. I'll wait until HJS gets here to start the next conspiracy thread, but CONSPIRACY!
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:59 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:The alumni section of bc.edu has been updated to include the class of 2012. Montel is not listed.

2012 nerd here to clarify. The alumni section that you're referring to is most likely about the senior class gift. Slightly over 1,000 of the 2,200 BC 2012 graduates donated. Montel was not one of them and that's why he's not on that page. I didn't hold on to the commencement program, but I'm pretty sure he did graduate.

Unfortunately your 2012 nerd clarification is not even remotely close to what I was making reference to. If you go to bc.edu there is an alumni section for ALL Boston College graduates which you need to be an alum of Boston College to log onto. In this section there is a directory which has information on pretty much every person to receive a degree from BC who is currently alive such as William H. Cosby who received an honorary degree in 1996. The directory has now been updated with the information for the individuals from the class of 2012. Montel Harris is not listed. Dominick LeGrande is listed as receiving a degree from A&S in communications. On my end I am going by Montel not being listed for commencement and according to BC's own website he is not listed in the alumni directory as someone who has been given a degree and you have "I'm pretty sure he did graduate."

It is weird he's not in the directory, but I think all signs point to him having graduated at this point. I tried florida alums, first name montel, last names harris and jordan and none showed up. I'll wait until HJS gets here to start the next conspiracy thread, but CONSPIRACY!

Out of curiousity how do all signs point to him having graduated at this point? There has not been an official announcement concerning Montel going to Temple which would mean there is a strong possibility of an issue with his transfer. When asked about it the the coach of TU was not willing to say anything. The other two from his class got their degrees and now are officially transfered to WVU. I think all signs point to him taking classes or doing whatever else needs to be done to finish his degree. I do not think it is an arbitrary "mistake" that Montel is not listed as an alum in the directory.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:43 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

Out of curiousity how do all signs point to him having graduated at this point? There has not been an official announcement concerning Montel going to Temple which would mean there is a strong possibility of an issue with his transfer. When asked about it the the coach of TU was not willing to say anything. The other two from his class got their degrees and now are officially transfered to WVU. I think all signs point to him taking classes or doing whatever else needs to be done to finish his degree. I do not think it is an arbitrary "mistake" that Montel is not listed as an alum in the directory.

I think the EA guy (Hoffses) is pretty credible. I suspect even if he's accurate though doesn't necessarily mean Montel graduated and could be taking classes or something.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:17 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

I think the EA guy (Hoffses) is pretty credible. I suspect even if he's accurate though doesn't necessarily mean Montel graduated and could be taking classes or something.

Hoffses was the source that you were basing "all signs point to him having graduated at this point"?
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:22 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

Hoffses was the source that you were basing "all signs point to him having graduated at this point"?

All signs point to him having graduated was exaggerated.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 am

Since the Hoffses thing I've heard that Montel will enroll at Temple in July.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:24 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Since the Hoffses thing I've heard that Montel will enroll at Temple in July.

Now, all signs point to him having graduated :whammy
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:09 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:Since the Hoffses thing I've heard that Montel will enroll at Temple in July.

I would guess that all signs point to whatever issues Montel has outstanding concerning degree completion are currently being resolved. Perhaps he will finish up his course work in a summer session at Temple. I still do not believe he has graduated.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

I would guess that all signs point to whatever issues Montel has outstanding concerning degree completion are currently being resolved. Perhaps he will finish up his course work in a summer session at Temple. I still do not believe he has graduated.

If he is at Temple this fall, I hope Temple wins whatever conference they are currently in. Montel deserves that.
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:44 am

Relax everyone, ATL's got this.

Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:52 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:

Relax everyone, ATL's got this.

[94] ATL IS NOT A JOURNALIST!! [/94]
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Pahreen on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:12 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

I searched for myself and I wasn't listed (and I definitely graduated). Turns out I had to give consent to include my information to the online directory.

This is inconclusive.
Pahreen
n00b

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:02 am

Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

I searched for myself and I wasn't listed (and I definitely graduated). Turns out I had to give consent to include my information to the online directory.

This is inconclusive.

This is an actual plausible explanation. I doubt that is what happend but at least it is plausible. With the very long delay in the official announcement of where Montel is playing next year it is highly likely he is waiting on something concerning his degree. Take for example the two wvu transfers. They have their degrees, they are on the alumni website and are officially wvu people.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:19 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

This is inconclusive.

This is an actual plausible explanation. I doubt that is what happend but at least it is plausible. With the very long delay in the official announcement of where Montel is playing next year it is highly likely he is waiting on something concerning his degree. Take for example the two wvu transfers. They have their degrees, they are on the alumni website and are officially wvu people.

Thundering Herd.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

This is inconclusive.

Thundering Herd.

There is no difference.
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:04 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

This is inconclusive.

Thundering Herd.

There is no difference.

that's probably true
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby basselope on Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:13 am

eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:
eaglecaddy {l Wrote}:
Pahreen {l Wrote}:

This is inconclusive.

Look at the bright side of the WVU transfers.

It has to raise the potential for a Fear and Loathing in Morgantown part deux
basselope
Campion Hall

Previous

Return to Alumni Stadium