2013 Recruiting Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Postby ATLeagle on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Veii to Maryland, reportedly ran a 4.3. Tough loss.

wow, I thought he was a BC lock just 2 days ago

Everything that was published said BC-Iowa for him. I guess thats the way that schools are supposed to recruit in state talent, Spaz and crew must have missed that memo.

A last minute switch to a team totally off his radar where Mike Locksley recruits? I am sure it is all on the up and up.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby joesim on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:08 pm

anyone know who BC's trying to flip from UCF?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby joesim on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm

anyone know who BC's trying to flip from UCF?
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 pm

joesim {l Wrote}:anyone know who BC's trying to flip from UCF?

Myles Willis
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:39 pm

Montgomery on campus again today I'm hearing. 2nd time in a week.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:45 pm

New verbal, looks like a camp offer, Joel Rich, a DE/TE. BC plucking Ohio good this year.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:Veii to Maryland, reportedly ran a 4.3. Tough loss.

TGOSB said this is not a big loss and that his hips are too tight. He would know.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 am

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:New verbal, looks like a camp offer, Joel Rich, a DE/TE. BC plucking Ohio good this year.

Bassy seems to personally know him and is singing his praises. I guess lots of MAC offers and schools like BC/NW/Duke wanted him to camp. Earned his offer at BC.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby bruisertm on Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:34 am

bruisertm
n00b

Postby basselope on Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 am

I have know Joel and his family for years. He is from the same hometown and goes to the same church as we do and they are friends of our.
In fact Bobby and Joel actually both grew up in the same exact house. Bobby's parents bought the house from Joels parents.
Anyway the rivals site is not up to date on his offers, as he has a number of MAC school offers... but that doesn't really matter.....
BC NW, & Duke all indicate if he came to their camp and did well they would offer.

Bollman has been recruiting him for a long time so ...... he went to the BC camp and did quite well and earned an offer.
He is currently 6"4" 230+ and growing. ( His dad is over 6'5") He has a 4.6 GPA that indicates he will be able to handle the classwork and remember the playbook.
He runs the speed events in track. He won the 110 hurdles at the county meet I went to and he ran a 4.70 forty at the OSU camp.
Not sure what he ran at BC but I would assume it was good enough since they offered.

Here is the long coaches version of the scoutingohio highlights.

basselope
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 pm

Justin Rowland's article says BC recruited Rich as a DT, which is interesting. He's pretty undersized for a DT at this point but I guess sometimes its better to put on good weight than take off bad weight.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:18 pm

http://xofan.com/football/sec-football/mattalkire/montgomery-talks-top-five/

Tevin Mongtomery down to five - BC, UVA, Vandy, Rutgers, and UConn.
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Oliver Closeoff on Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:42 pm

BC grabbed another commit today. Big time WR Monteroso out of Ohio who picked BC over Iowa. Love the last two commits.
Oliver Closeoff
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:07 pm

Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:BC grabbed another commit today. Big time WR Monteroso out of Ohio who picked BC over Iowa. Love the last two commits.

He's good...like really under the radar good. They probably wanted him to stretch the field as a WR.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby 31southst on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
Oliver Closeoff {l Wrote}:BC grabbed another commit today. Big time WR Monteroso out of Ohio who picked BC over Iowa. Love the last two commits.

He's good...like really under the radar good. They probably wanted him to stretch the field as a WR.

I'm surprised/impressed we were able to beat out Iowa for a midwest kid in our current state of affairs.s
31southst
Cushing Hall

Postby Shaddix on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:48 pm

31southst {l Wrote}:
Shaddix {l Wrote}:

I'm surprised/impressed we were able to beat out Iowa for a midwest kid in our current state of affairs.s

Bowman must have made an impression on these Ohio kids while at Ohio State?
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:46 pm

You all know I know nothing about recruiting, but given our history I'd take any kid from Ohio. Excellent and vital pipeline for the program
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby basselope on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:54 am

31southst {l Wrote}:Justin Rowland's article says BC recruited Rich as a DT, which is interesting. He's pretty undersized for a DT at this point but I guess sometimes its better to put on good weight than take off bad weight.

The Title of the article is correct "Defensive end picks the Eagles"
The DT is either a typo or Joel said it wrong in the interview to JR.

Also Love the WR get from Ohio.
Bollman is en fuego right now.
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:34 am

basselope {l Wrote}:
31southst {l Wrote}:Justin Rowland's article says BC recruited Rich as a DT, which is interesting. He's pretty undersized for a DT at this point but I guess sometimes its better to put on good weight than take off bad weight.

Bollman will be wacked soon as Spaz starts looking over his shoulder.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:59 pm

basselope {l Wrote}:

Bass, what is the talent level where Monteroso plays like ? Watched his tape and was very impressed how he moves for someone his size, but questioned the level of comp as most of the plays in his tape were him just running by the secondary.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby basselope on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:12 pm

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
basselope {l Wrote}:

Bass, what is the talent level where Monteroso plays like ? Watched his tape and was very impressed how he moves for someone his size, but questioned the level of comp as most of the plays in his tape were him just running by the secondary.

St Clairsville plays in the Buckeye 8 league which is a Div IV in SE Ohio.
The League Comp would be so so.... but the playoff which they seem to make all the time would bring some monsters...

Regardless of the comp, he is legit.

http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp?year=2011&teamID=1344
basselope
Campion Hall

Postby HJS on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:38 pm

So... what are we looking at here... 80%???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCWomp on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:00 am

John Van Allen commits to Harvard over BC, Maryland and Duke.
BCWomp
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 am

BCWomp {l Wrote}:John Van Allen commits to Harvard over BC, Maryland and Duke.

Good for him. Right now we are losing about 2 recruiting battles a year to schools not in FBS.

That said, did we really offer? I ask because of this quote: "Right now I'm trying to decide whether I want to go to an Ivy League school or play at the BCS level," Van Allen said. "I've got offers from Harvard and Yale. I would say my top three right now is probably Harvard, Temple and Duke."

While I am well aware of our suckitude, if we offered, you'd think he'd mention us instead of Temple... if not thing else but our academic superiority over the Owls.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:49 am

HJS {l Wrote}:

Good for him. Right now we are losing about 2 recruiting battles a year to schools not in FBS.

That said, did we really offer? I ask because of this quote: "Right now I'm trying to decide whether I want to go to an Ivy League school or play at the BCS level," Van Allen said. "I've got offers from Harvard and Yale. I would say my top three right now is probably Harvard, Temple and Duke."

While I am well aware of our suckitude, if we offered, you'd think he'd mention us instead of Temple... if not thing else but our academic superiority over the Owls.

I was under the impression the entire time he was a Duke lean, not considering this one a huge loss. I think losing out on Veii that last minute is much more of a concern.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby joesim on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:34 am

DE Kevin Kavalec has been updated to 3 stars by ESPN
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/footb ... in-kavalec
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby joesim on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:36 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

I was under the impression the entire time he was a Duke lean, not considering this one a huge loss. I think losing out on Veii that last minute is much more of a concern.

plus he's a linebacker and we already have a few more highly rated ones in this class already
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shaddix on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:53 am

joesim {l Wrote}:
BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:

plus he's a linebacker and we already have a few more highly rated ones in this class already

I think BC pulled the committable offer because they are trying to land the Dionte Taylor and Nick Internicola package. Which is getting much harder because of their ever increasing offers list. Nebraska has now offered Taylor
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Is anyone else annoyed we haven't built upon the clear strength of last year's class (OL)? I'm firmly in the camp that BC (more than most schols) will rise and fall with OL play, because it masks deficiencies that we have in other areas.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby 31southst on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 pm

EagleNYC {l Wrote}:Is anyone else annoyed we haven't built upon the clear strength of last year's class (OL)? I'm firmly in the camp that BC (more than most schols) will rise and fall with OL play, because it masks deficiencies that we have in other areas.

I totally agree. A very good OL was the foundation for why BC was always solid the last decade pre-Spaz. As the OL fell apart, so did the team. I think we'll probably only take 2-3 OL this year given the large amount we've recruited the prior 3 years, but there are very few/no well regarded guys that seem to have any real interest in us left on the board at this point.
31southst
Cushing Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium