Bowl Projections

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 am

MF73-Eleazar {l Wrote}:On Don Brown's defense.

Good point, they only have up 20pts 3x this year.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:38 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Pinstripe must know BC-Michigan would be a home run for them. Pun 100% intended.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:43 am

BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Pinstripe must know BC-Michigan would be a home run for them. Pun 100% intended.

Howard-Michigan would be a home run for them. UM alumni and fans would easily bang that place out on their own.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:35 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Howard-Michigan would be a home run for them. UM alumni and fans would easily bang that place out on their own.

Agreed.

Also, i don't think people are considering how FSU winning their 6th game this weekend factors into our bowl selection. Most pundits have FSU falling to the bottom tier (Military, Independence, Detroit or Birmingham), i suppose just because they'll be a miserable 6-6. That's just stupid and based on the assumption that the ACC cares about who "the better team" is for each bowl selection. They clearly don't and a 7-5 BC is very unlikely to get selected over a 6-6 FSU. And hhis might be the Pinstripe's only opportunity to get FSU. How often will FSU be this far down the pecking order?

Whether the ACC gets a team into the Citrus has a big impact on us.
- If no ACC team plays in the Citrus the Pinstripe will likely be choosing between VT/Louisville, FSU or BC (with VT/Louisville depending on who's left after Gator selection)
- If an ACC team does play in the Citrus, then the Pinstripe is choosing between FSU and BC.

Michigan vs. FSU is way too attractive a matchup. And if the BIG sends someone like Iowa or Northwestern to the Pinstripe instead of Michigan, I think they'll want an ACC baby rapists to balance it out. BC vs. Iowa?! BC vs. Northwestern?!

I'm expecting Shreveport, Detroit or Birmingham.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:00 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:hey clearly don't and a 7-5 BC is very unlikely to get selected over a 6-6 FSU.

I thought all of the 7-5 teams had to be selected before the 6-6 teams. I thought that was the new "BC rule."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Hey walrus, you don’t know much about things that you speak about but act like an expert. I checked your IP address and you’re not posting from Arizona, so i assume you must be either a brother or lover of nowaist
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

From twitter ....

@doughaller
ASU defensive coordinator Phil Bennett says they're expecting to play North Carolina State in the Sun Bowl.
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:32 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Hey walrus, you don’t know much about things that you speak about but act like an expert. I checked your IP address and you’re not posting from Arizona, so i assume you must be either a brother or lover of nowaist

Well, yeah, but if not for that 6-6 vs. 7-6 rule my analysis would otherwise be sound. I'll take partial credit.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:34 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:Hey walrus, you don’t know much about things that you speak about but act like an expert. I checked your IP address and you’re not posting from Arizona, so i assume you must be either a brother or lover of nowaist

Well, yeah, but if not for that 6-6 vs. 7-6 rule my analysis would otherwise be sound. I'll take partial credit.

You’re a full retard, why not take full credit?
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby dtwalrus on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:37 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

You're just pissed that I never updated the prediction thread when you were briefly winning. If I updated it now you'd be in last place...
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:39 pm

Sun Bowl would be better than PinStripe for the players and there is still a chance we get stuck in Shreveport.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby MF73-Eleazar on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:41 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:
BCMurt09 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Agreed.

Also, i don't think people are considering how FSU winning their 6th game this weekend factors into our bowl selection. Most pundits have FSU falling to the bottom tier (Military, Independence, Detroit or Birmingham), i suppose just because they'll be a miserable 6-6. That's just stupid and based on the assumption that the ACC cares about who "the better team" is for each bowl selection. They clearly don't and a 7-5 BC is very unlikely to get selected over a 6-6 FSU. And hhis might be the Pinstripe's only opportunity to get FSU. How often will FSU be this far down the pecking order?

Whether the ACC gets a team into the Citrus has a big impact on us.
- If no ACC team plays in the Citrus the Pinstripe will likely be choosing between VT/Louisville, FSU or BC (with VT/Louisville depending on who's left after Gator selection)
- If an ACC team does play in the Citrus, then the Pinstripe is choosing between FSU and BC.

Michigan vs. FSU is way too attractive a matchup. And if the BIG sends someone like Iowa or Northwestern to the Pinstripe instead of Michigan, I think they'll want an ACC baby rapists to balance it out. BC vs. Iowa?! BC vs. Northwestern?!

I'm expecting Shreveport,Detroit, or Birmingham.

Is it true that a team can't go to a mid-to-low ACC bowl in back to back yrs? Shreveport as a venue will suck, but would be nice to have Lucas Denis get an INT or two against Rosen.
You what?
MF73-Eleazar
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I might be wrong about that rule. I can't find any evidence backing me up.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:38 pm

Rumor has it: ASU v. NC State in Sun, which I don't get because that bowl is usually interested in a good TV matchup. Former Heisman winner Lamar Jackson or Boston market would have made more sense.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:52 pm

I recall RCC and UNC not being interested in Charlotte whenever they have a half-way decent team. So, I'm guessing that Swofford tried to push State to El Paso. Can't imagine Charlotte passing on Ville.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:53 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Rumor has it: ASU v. NC State in Sun, which I don't get because that bowl is usually interested in a good TV matchup. Former Heisman winner Lamar Jackson or Boston market would have made more sense.

rcc has the most travelers after the Clemson. Maybe that is the ticket sales choice
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:30 pm

tallsy {l Wrote}:Rumor has it: ASU v. NC State in Sun, which I don't get because that bowl is usually interested in a good TV matchup. Former Heisman winner Lamar Jackson or Boston market would have made more sense.

rcc has the most travelers after the Clemson. Maybe that is the ticket sales choice

No group of fans, even RCC, is going to El Paso in large numbers in late December. Again, check out the flight options to El Paso.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

No group of fans, even RCC, is going to El Paso in large numbers in late December. Again, check out the flight options to El Paso.

Fan is short for fanatic and RCC has plenty of them. If they go, I predict they sell out their allotment.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby hansen on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I was shocked at how much they would cost. They should be paying people to go to that dump.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:50 pm

dtwalrus {l Wrote}:

I might be wrong about that rule. I can't find any evidence backing me up.

Teams with a winning record must be chosen before teams with a 0.500 record
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

Fan is short for fanatic and RCC has plenty of them. If they go, I predict they sell out their allotment.

No chance. The flight is $700 minimum and takes you almost 8 hours from Raleigh. Oh and by the way the destination is freaking El Paso.

I’m as crazy as any of those NCST fans and have taken plenty of weird BC trips but would never go to El Paso.

They won’t sell 3/4 of that ticket allotment.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 pm

hansen {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I was shocked at how much they would cost. They should be paying people to go to that dump.

Easier to get to Shreveport
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Tom Dooder on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:44 pm

McMurphy is saying no ACC bowl for BC

what a load of shit
Tom Dooder
Carney Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:59 pm

Tom Dooder {l Wrote}:McMurphy is saying no ACC bowl for BC

what a load of shit

that’s a very uninformed position
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Skidmark on Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:53 am

what a load of shit

Minus the dump that Tropicana Field is, Tampa/St. Pete would at least be a somewhat desirable destination. Knowing our luck though, if we end up missing an ACC Bowl, we'll end up in Birmingham.
Skidmark
n00b

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:17 am

Skidmark {l Wrote}:

what a load of shit

Minus the dump that Tropicana Field is, Tampa/St. Pete would at least be a somewhat desirable destination. Knowing our luck though, if we end up missing an ACC Bowl, we'll end up in Birmingham.

BC deserves better than that nonesense. Finished the year 6-1 with multiple beat downs of the teams who will get selected in front of them.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby dtwalrus on Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Skidmark {l Wrote}:

what a load of shit

BC deserves better than that nonesense. Finished the year 6-1 with multiple beat downs of the teams who will get selected in front of them.

Considering how serviceable Wade looked in the last two weeks of the year in it's really a shame (or an example of incompetence) that the staff was so unprepared for Brown going down against State. Win that game and we're on a 7-game winning streak, which is unthinkably crazy.
dtwalrus
Cushing Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Who gives a shit whether or not it’s an ACC Bowl.

Tampa>Detroit or Sheevport

I think Pinstripe will want a local team with either Iowa or Purdue the most likely B1G rep
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:58 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:Who gives a shit whether or not it’s an ACC Bowl.

Tampa>Detroit or Sheevport

I think Pinstripe will want a local team with either Iowa or Purdue the most likely B1G rep

Don’t see an issue with a bowl game on Dec 21 when players take exams on the 19th or 20th? I’ve also been to that bowl and it’s an awful experience.

I’d decline a bowl invite if I were BC and just take the extra practice weeks as opposed to playing in St Pete or Birmingham
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby tallsy on Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Birmingham is not that bad for a day, considering the rest of the time will probably be bowl related events. The Civil Rights District is informative, and Vulcan Park is pretty nice. BBQ is good. Weather in December probably isn't great.
tallsy
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium