BC Football preseason 2016

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC Football 2016

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:SC had an average year when BC beat them. Still a great win for BC. VT was at best average that year. The offense should have improved after beating USC, but they regressed against CSU. Good coaches get improvement every week, hopefully we will see exactly that out of SL.

I'll remind you also he was working with an absolutely disaster group of WRs left behind
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:16 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:SC had an average year when BC beat them. Still a great win for BC. VT was at best average that year. The offense should have improved after beating USC, but they regressed against CSU. Good coaches get improvement every week, hopefully we will see exactly that out of SL.

I'll remind you also he was working with an absolutely disaster group of WRs left behind

The problem against CSU wasnt the offense regressing from USC (in which the offensive output was far outside the norm based on a few big plays, did you really expect BC to improve on 506 yards of offense ?), it was the "one bright spot" 3rd down don brown blowing that game.

Here is my problem with your original statement now that I have time to sit down and look. You say that everyone on BC's schedule is going to be better because of how they performed last year in relation to BC. Cuse won 2 games in conference (BC/Wake). Wake won 1 game in conference. NCSU won 3 games (BC/Wake/Cuse). So because of those results, and similar staff and personnel turnover, while also considering BC's injury situation last season, your take away is that they are all "ahead of BC" going into 2016 (thats not even taking into account that BC will at least roll out a new QB with 2 years of starting experience in the SEC) ? I don't have a clue what is going to happen this year, but whatever the result, it won't be because of anything in 2015 and it won't be because BC is that far behind anyone in the division (outside of Clemson/FSU and maybe Louisville if their QB plays as well as everyone thinks).
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:28 am

How many points did the offense score on CSU? Case closed.

We're all hoping that the injuries were the main and perhaps only reason BC lost every ACC game, but they did not look good in the first 3 games before the injuries really hit. I think what you do not understand is that while I do not think much about Wake, SU, NC St, VT, GT as programs ( in fact none of them are top 25), I think less of BC at the moment. Assuming that BC will beat these teams this year because of getting our injured players back because the games were so close last year, is not how games usually play out. Wake improved after the BC game, look at the yards they gained at ND.

We all see talent on the offense side, but after 3 years we are still searching for a QB and an offensive identity. Can SL mold this group into a productive offense? Can he build the offense to make a late game comeback win? There is no doubt that BC has the most work to do of any ACC team to improve. Going 0-8 is not just injuries, coaching had a lot to do with it.

Long term BC should be recruiting at a higher level if they had a President that cared about winning. BC should recruit at the level of Penn St in the northeast. It's pathetic that we are the only school in the ACC not renovating our stadium and expanding our practice facilities. I'm worried that SU will once again start getting recruits from Mass and CT. Their new AD is going to carry a lot of influence in the ACC. You want to see BC in big Labor Day games, think SU instead. 2016 is huge season for BC!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:19 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:How many points did the offense score on CSU? Case closed.

We're all hoping that the injuries were the main and perhaps only reason BC lost every ACC game, but they did not look good in the first 3 games before the injuries really hit. I think what you do not understand is that while I do not think much about Wake, SU, NC St, VT, GT as programs ( in fact none of them are top 25), I think less of BC at the moment. Assuming that BC will beat these teams this year because of getting our injured players back because the games were so close last year, is not how games usually play out. Wake improved after the BC game, look at the yards they gained at ND.

We all see talent on the offense side, but after 3 years we are still searching for a QB and an offensive identity. Can SL mold this group into a productive offense? Can he build the offense to make a late game comeback win? There is no doubt that BC has the most work to do of any ACC team to improve. Going 0-8 is not just injuries, coaching had a lot to do with it.

Long term BC should be recruiting at a higher level if they had a President that cared about winning. BC should recruit at the level of Penn St in the northeast. It's pathetic that we are the only school in the ACC not renovating our stadium and expanding our practice facilities. I'm worried that SU will once again start getting recruits from Mass and CT. Their new AD is going to carry a lot of influence in the ACC. You want to see BC in big Labor Day games, think SU instead. 2016 is huge season for BC!

Comparing BC and Penn St is ridiculous. They are nothing at all alike.

As soon as our choices at QB devolved into that disaster of Flutie/Fadule the season went down the drain.

I agree he should've started Smith and run the Murphy offense, but I imagine implementing a totally new offense with a true freshman wasn't possible.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:20 am

I'm not comparing BC and PSU. If BC ever commits to investing in the program I do not see any reason why BC cannot get their share of the top Northeast recruits, many of whom come from Catholic HS. Other than PSU, our competition in the Northeast is not very good (SU, Pitt, RU).
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:08 am

no question smith in the murphy offense was the right move, the OL was such a clusterfuck though it probably wouldn't have mattered
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:27 pm

I do believe that if Smith started the ND game, BC would have won. ND has never been a good defensive team under Kelly. If he was smart he would have hired Don Brown before Michigan got him.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:no question smith in the murphy offense was the right move, the OL was such a clusterfuck though it probably wouldn't have mattered

There's also the issue of implementing a brand new offense, one where you've literally spent 0 time working on before Wade got hurt. I'm not sure you could do that with a senior laden team, it sure as hell wouldn't have worked with a true freshman QB and 4 freshman OL.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:40 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I'm not comparing BC and PSU. If BC ever commits to investing in the program I do not see any reason why BC cannot get their share of the top Northeast recruits, many of whom come from Catholic HS. Other than PSU, our competition in the Northeast is not very good (SU, Pitt, RU).

Once the IPF is built, the football program is out of excuses to me on facilities. Alumni is actually a great college stadium that is appropriately sized for the fanbase.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:06 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Alumni is actually a great college stadium that is appropriately sized for the fanbase.

This. Alumni is fine. It's we, the fans, who are terrible.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:31 am

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Alumni is actually a great college stadium that is appropriately sized for the fanbase.

This. Alumni is fine and would be even better if they would give my wife the bathroom option she deserves. It's we, the fans, who are terrible.

fixed
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:05 pm

:x
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:52 pm

The fans have also been gouged with parking and DBS fees at levels not even seen at SEC schools!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:42 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:The fans have also been gouged with parking and DBS fees at levels not even seen at SEC schools!

I looked for the space. :shrug
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:55 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:I'm not comparing BC and PSU. If BC ever commits to investing in the program I do not see any reason why BC cannot get their share of the top Northeast recruits, many of whom come from Catholic HS. Other than PSU, our competition in the Northeast is not very good (SU, Pitt, RU).

Once the IPF is built, the football program is out of excuses to me on facilities. Alumni is actually a great college stadium that is appropriately sized for the fanbase.

It wouldn't even upset me if they downsized tbh (assuming they were to upgrade different areas), as an example, a type of club section in the upper endzone with 6-8 rows of chair back seating similar to what Clemson did a few years ago in their upper endzone as part of a larger overall project. Would reduce capacity, but offer a pregame meeting space, concessions/restrooms, "outside football" event space, etc ... In that type of example, it takes space that, quite frankly, people don't want to sit in for the most part (and are often empty), and makes it exponentially more attractive. Other than some small upgrades like that, I agree, Alumni is good sized for the demographics of the fanbase
BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:10 pm

That area already exists in the Yawkee Center and it already connects to the upper deck. It's all set to go as the club section, they just need to install the chair back seats. It's an inexpensive option to at least get started with club seats and is has been mentioned to BB many times. The space is currently used to host the players parents.
It's not by any means the best way to renovate the stadium and boost it's appeal to recruits, but it is already built and a few short dollars is all that is required to put in the finishing touches.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:58 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That area already exists in the Yawkee Center and it already connects to the upper deck. It's all set to go as the club section, they just need to install the chair back seats. It's an inexpensive option to at least get started with club seats and is has been mentioned to BB many times. The space is currently used to host the players parents.
It's not by any means the best way to renovate the stadium and boost it's appeal to recruits, but it is already built and a few short dollars is all that is required to put in the finishing touches.

And which way would that be?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:36 pm

The BC fanbase is the worst I've ever seen as far as apathy. I'm sure there's worse in the country I've just not seen it
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BCSUPERFAN22 on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:59 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:That area already exists in the Yawkee Center and it already connects to the upper deck. It's all set to go as the club section, they just need to install the chair back seats. It's an inexpensive option to at least get started with club seats and is has been mentioned to BB many times. The space is currently used to host the players parents.

If this is true thats at least a positive step in the right direction. Below is what I was referencing earlier (at Clemson). It provides a way to reduce capacity in the upper end zone and provide a club option with chair backs as an upgraded option (Alumni at 40K vs the current capacity is not a negative).

With Clemson's project, it was tied into the overall construction of the "West Endzone Project" which also included locker rooms, offices, weight facilities, etc ... With the model below, it also appeases the "corners" crowd to an extant. Something like this could be potentially be tied into the IPF project depending on where they decide to build.

BCSUPERFAN22
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:43 am

BCSUPERFAN22 {l Wrote}:

If this is true thats at least a positive step in the right direction. Below is what I was referencing earlier (at Clemson). It provides a way to reduce capacity in the upper end zone and provide a club option with chair backs as an upgraded option (Alumni at 40K vs the current capacity is not a negative).

With Clemson's project, it was tied into the overall construction of the "West Endzone Project" which also included locker rooms, offices, weight facilities, etc ... With the model below, it also appeases the "corners" crowd to an extant. Something like this could be potentially be tied into the IPF project depending on where they decide to build.

of all the things that will never happen, this will never happen the most
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:02 am

don't fuck with the upper deck, that's where the 7 real BC fans sit.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:54 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:don't fuck with the upper deck, that's where the 7 real BC fans sit.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:56 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:don't fuck with the upper deck, that's where the 7 real BC fans sit.

interesting fact about the above photo that i just learned today. the guy in the indiana letterman jacket is now the owner of the dallas mavericks
Last edited by TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:58 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Have I asked before where you found this picture?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:01 am

hansen {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:

Have I asked before where you found this picture?

mark cuban's wiki page
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 am

They don't need to sit that close together, there's plenty of room. Claver, epstein and DGF are at least in the same section.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:02 pm

There is a function room (Murray Room) on the top floor of the Yawkee Center that connects directly into the upper deck endzone seats. There are bathrooms just inside the door and a kitchen. The function room needs a bar and tables and chairs, all short money. That entire upper deck could be converted into Club seats. There are 2,250 bench seats that could be replaced with 1,500 - 1,700 chair seats. The other half of the top floor is learning resources that could be relocated to provide more club space.

The best way to renovate the sidelines is to remove the upper deck over the Comm Ave garage and to remove the current luxury boxes. You can then build a new deck, all club seats with the club house built on the top level of the garage and new luxury boxes at the height of the endzone boxes. It will reduce capacity, but the seats will bring in more revenue and you bring the tailgating inside. It helps to also get fans in their seats long before kickoff. The new luxury boxes will have outside seating just like the endzone boxes. The current deck is not worth renovating and new construction is always the best solution.
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Eaglekeeper {l Wrote}:... the seats will bring in more revenue ...

hey fuckface, i DEMAND that you answer this question that's been asked of you thousands of times. how do empty seats generate more revenue?

shut the goddamnmotherfuck up with your club seats and your increased revenue. this is a shit program with shit support. giving 1,000 people an armrest isn't going to fix that

i honestly don't know right now if you or glacier are destined for the worst poster of the year award. you both excel at sucking. ever to excel at least, i guess
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}: hey fuckface, i DEMAND that you answer this question that's been asked of you thousands of times. how do empty seats generate more revenue?

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Eaglekeeper on Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:00 pm

TRE, It's really very simple, BC sells out every luxury box and they often have a waiting list. BC is located in a high income area where luxury sales do very well. There are 7,700 bench seats in the Beacon garage deck. 5,000 of those seats are mostly sold to donors already. Club seats will reduce that capacity down to 6,000 seats because they take up more room. You will have demand for those club seats from within your current season ticket holders, but also your advertisers will buy those seats as part of the ad package. 6,000 club seats is no more than 15% of the stadium's capacity. It will help keep older season ticket holders around for many years and it will attract new fans especially from the business community. Boxes are very expensive and then you have bench seats and nothing in between to sell. $5,000 for 4 club seats including a garage parking pass is very realistic. It's certainly more enjoyable than sitting on a metal bench, eating crappy concession food and having to walk down 6 flights of stairs to go to the bathroom!
Eaglekeeper
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium