Blauds Leaving Globe!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Blauds Leaving Globe!

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:13 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:Saw this in Chad Finn's sports chat:

Comment From O.C.
Such sad news about Mark Blaudschun moving on. One of the true greats--someone who knew that what you learn by watching film or analyzing statistics or reading blogs or "tweeting" people is nothing compared to dialing up the Big East Commissioner and taking notes. He will truly be missed.

Chad Finn:
Amen. Amazing how many people here, writers from LA and Chicago and SI, have come up and asked about him. Maybe it wasn't always recognized locally because Boston isn't much a college sports town, but he really has a national reach. I'm sure you'll be seeing his byline all over the place, and you can find him here at ajerseyguy.com , his new blog.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2012/08/chat_olympics_sports_and_media.html

Is "O.C." our own Observer College Aliass mocking Blaudschun, or was that just a coincidence?
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:18 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Comment From O.C.
Such sad news about Mark Blaudschun moving on. One of the true greats--someone who knew that what you learn by watching film or analyzing statistics or reading blogs or "tweeting" people is nothing compared to dialing up the Big East Commissioner and taking notes. He will truly be missed.

Chad Finn:
Amen. Amazing how many people here, writers from LA and Chicago and SI, have come up and asked about him. Maybe it wasn't always recognized locally because Boston isn't much a college sports town, but he really has a national reach. I'm sure you'll be seeing his byline all over the place, and you can find him here at ajerseyguy.com , his new blog.

http://www.boston.com/sports/touching_all_the_bases/2012/08/chat_olympics_sports_and_media.html

Is "O.C." our own Observer College Aliass mocking Blaudschun, or was that just a coincidence?

Really?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:27 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Comment From O.C.

Chad Finn:

Really?

:laugh

Reading that bit in the chat makes me laugh like Terrence and Phillip.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby mod6A on Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:21 pm

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
There's no way Blaudschun isn't monitoring this post and site, so let's ask him directly. Mark, why is this so? Also, why do you love Spaz?

what do you think his handle would be?

jerseyguyOJ69?
we are all whalepants now
mod6A
Merkert Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:13 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:

Really?

My faith in sarcasm has been diminished greatly after reading quotes from the EagleAction thread. Finn's response made it all the more believable as a legit question.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby Mosi on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:52 am

Blauds has to approve the replys, I sent one, tame by my usual standards, about Coach Take-A-Knee, middle schmidle, etc and he didnt put it up
"Felgie, you Kenmore Kommunity Kollege Eurotrash prettyboy, you're right about one thing, I'm a BC guy and my shit dosen't stink" Mosi on the whiner line 3/23/04
Mosi
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:37 pm

He must be thrilled with all the publicity, more hits than his articles probably ever got.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:28 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:He must be thrilled with all the publicity, more hits than his articles probably ever got.

I just don't see how it will last. How is he going to make money? I don't even see the obligatory banner ad on his site.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:53 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:He must be thrilled with all the publicity, more hits than his articles probably ever got.

I just don't see how it will last. How is he going to make money? I don't even see the obligatory banner ad on his site.

Freelance writing, which Finn was alluding to with the byline comment.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:56 pm

Blauds {l Wrote}:I remember talking to [Jags] about something not related to football one day in his office and he talked about what he called a shit list, that he and his family had in their house, listing all the people or things that bothered them. “You’re on it,” he said with a grin.

Not knowing whether to be insulted to honored, I said thank you.

Jags is the man.

Today was Blauds' most eye opening post yet, even if it did confirm a lot of our suspicions about his various agendi.

Points of interest:
- Suggestion that a losing season for Spaz would lead to the "major reconstruction" of the Athletics Dept.
- Admission that Spaz's NJ roots have made Blauds blindly loyal to Spaz
- Admission that he likes BC kids and that Matt Ryan and Kuechly are the best people he's ever dealt with
- Admission that he liked TOB and Spaz more than he liked Coughlin and Jags because Coughlin and Jags had NFL aspirations
- Admission that TOB stopped trying once he felt he was no longer welcome at BC
- He prefers Skinner to Donahue
- Claims he was the first person to say something to Gene about Jags' wandering eye for the NFL
- Becomes the first media member to go on record about the Jags' promise to Gene not to interview anywhere else for three years.
- Says Spaz "is not a bad coach."
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:12 pm

So, essentially he's a merryman
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:26 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:- Becomes the first media member to go on record about the Jags' promise to Gene not to interview anywhere else for three years.

This still annoys me to no end...put it in the contract if it was so damn important
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:33 am

The Globe's "College Sports Blog" most recent stories:

Harvard Football picked Ivy favorite August 7
Harvard baseball coach passes away July 31
UMass picked last in MAC East July 24
Sacred Heart football coach July 19
Spaz Makes Hot Seat list June 25 (4 sentences)

2nd most recent BC story = Montel Harris thrown off football team May 1

WOW.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:51 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:The Globe's "College Sports Blog" most recent stories:

Harvard Football picked Ivy favorite August 7
Harvard baseball coach passes away July 31
UMass picked last in MAC East July 24
Sacred Heart football coach July 19
Spaz Makes Hot Seat list June 25 (4 sentences)

2nd most recent BC story = Montel Harris thrown off football team May 1

WOW.

CONTENT
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:37 pm

Looks like the spammers are getting into the comments section. Maybe Blauds isn't screening them any more.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:10 pm

My tame comments haven't gotten through
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:34 am

Well one has gotten through, from "Jack Zauf"

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=511#comments

Spaz will do it this year! The O-line and D-lines are going to be great this year!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby angrychicken on Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Well one has gotten through, from "Jack Zauf"

Spaz will do it this year! The O-line and D-lines are going to be great this year!

I'm pretty sure that was a serious comment.

angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 am

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Well one has gotten through, from "Jack Zauf"

I'm pretty sure that was a serious comment.

Jack Zauf must be Jacen's real name.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby HJS on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:21 am

The NNBE just hired a Commish. It was someone so buried on the list that Blauds never mentioned him in the potpourri of names he was hand-fed. This new Commish was hired apparently over Jay fucking Bilas (who seems to be runner up).

In spite of the fact that no one wanted the $1.5mm a year gig, Blauds ends his blog entry with this...
With NBC expected to enter the bidding after the ESPN time frame expires, there was even some speculation that Bevilacqua could get a package that paid Pac-12 type money, which would change the image of the Big East, which will expand to 12 in the next few years, with the conference’s foot prints stretching from New York to San Diego and from Florida to Texas and Idaho.

Glad to see that Blauds holding firm to the Globe's parent company's journalistic standards for accuracy.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:50 am

Who is actually in the NNNNNNNBE?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Who is actually in the NNNNNNNBE?

They're trying to lure BC back by inviting old rivals Tufts and Philips Andover.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby hansen on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:30 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:The NNBE just hired a Commish. It was someone so buried on the list that Blauds never mentioned him in the potpourri of names he was hand-fed. This new Commish was hired apparently over Jay fucking Bilas (who seems to be runner up).

In spite of the fact that no one wanted the $1.5mm a year gig, Blauds ends his blog entry with this...
With NBC expected to enter the bidding after the ESPN time frame expires, there was even some speculation that Bevilacqua could get a package that paid Pac-12 type money, which would change the image of the Big East, which will expand to 12 in the next few years, with the conference’s foot prints stretching from New York to San Diego and from Florida to Texas and Idaho.

Glad to see that Blauds holding firm to the Globe's parent company's journalistic standards for accuracy.

The NNNNBE commish job doesnt seem like a bad job. it would be a nice stepping stone to D2 AD position at some school...
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Eileen Ulick
August 14, 2012 - 9:57 am | Permalink

Blauds we love your posts. So well thought and well researched! You will easily have the top college blog on the internets soon!

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Submitted without comment.
For the Big East, which has been steadily declined in prestige and presence in the three years since Mike Tranghese–the gold standard for all conference commissioners–stepped down, it was a matter of survival.

If the Big East gets the money, maybe there is less of a reason for schools like Louisville and UConn and Rutgers to look elsewhere, as they are now doing. Maybe the Big East becomes aggressive again to re-establish its base turf in the East–would Maryland, strapped for cash, listen to a better offer?
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:57 am

Blauds is pumping out a shit ton of BC related CONTENT

But good lord is his drivel unreadable.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby vegasEagle on Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Submitted without comment.
For the Big East, which has been steadily declined in prestige and presence in the three years since Mike Tranghese–the gold standard for all conference commissioners–stepped down, it was a matter of survival.

If the Big East gets the money, maybe there is less of a reason for schools like Louisville and UConn and Rutgers to look elsewhere, as they are now doing. Maybe the Big East becomes aggressive again to re-establish its base turf in the East–would Maryland, strapped for cash, listen to a better offer?

sure maryland would consider the big east.... right after ped st considers a move back to the A-10, right after south carolina considers moving back to the ACC and florida st, louisville, and cincinnati consider a return to the metro conference

for a guy with so called high praise as a national college writer, he sucks
2020 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
2021 E.O. PICK EM CHAMPION
vegasEagle
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Might've missed this but shocked it didn't get play:

No cheering in the press box? Not this time.
The rule of thumb for sports writers always was “no cheering” in the press box. It made sense. Sportswriters were paid to observe, critique, comment on what they saw. Cheering was not part of the deal.
That, of course was and is simply untrue. We are all human. We all have favorites and those who are not our favorites. We all cheer–although we try not to be obvious about it.
We will do this to a point, knowing that when bad stuff happens, that must still be reported, even though we do this differently with high school kids and college kids than we would do it with professional athletes.
Which brings us to the Boston College Eagles. I will not be at The Heights on Saturday. I am taking ajerseyguy. com on the road to State College to watch that bizarre scene unfold in Penn State’s first game in the post Joe Paterno era.
But I will be watching what happens between BC and Miami very closely. And yes, I will be cheering. Cheering the same way I have done over the years for former BC players such as Luke Kuechly, Matt Ryan, Nick Larkin and for former coaches such as Tom O’Brien and do for current coaches such as Steve Donahue and Jerry York and yes BC football coach Frank Spaziani.
BC’s best asset as a football program is its players. They are way above the cut in terms of quality people.
This year’s group also includes a new wave of people who I will be hoping do well. And this has nothing to do with cheering for BC to win. I want BC players like Chase Rettig and Andre Williams and Emmett Cleary and Nick Clancy to do well because I like them. They are what the NCAA tries so hard to sell–student’s who are athletes.
But most of all I will be cheering and rooting for Spaziani to do well, to succeed. I like Spaz. Maybe its Jersey guy to Jersey guy type of thing.
Spaziani spent most of his coaching career as an assistant coach–a very good assistant coach. Three years into his head coaching career, the chatter you hear is that Spaziani is a very good ASSISTANT coach, but comes up short as the head coach.
Certainly, BC’s record the past few years would suggest that, if you just looked at the numbers. But there is more to football at BC than W’s and L’s–and yes, we understand that W’s and Ls is still the bottom line at almost every program.
In horse racing terms–which Spaziani as a Jersey guy is familiar–he has had a rough trip as the head coach. Injuries, suspensions, coaching staff turmoil all have been part of the picture. Some he has handled well, some he has not.
Last year BC tumbled to 4-8 and the critics were all preparing the eulogies over Spaz’s head coaching career. And no one knows better than Spaz himself that a repeat of last year, WILL close the door on his head coaching career at BC.
We think BC can win this year. We think they can reverse that 4-8 mark which should get Spaz Coach of the Year votes.
Will they do that? Ah, there is the question of the year at the Heights this fall. We hope so. We hope so for the sake of players we like. We hope so for coaches we like.
It is not obvious, but a foundation of good kids and good players is being built at BC, much the same way O’Brien did it in his first few years at BC and the way he is doing it now at NC State.
We hope Frank Spaziani is around to watch what can be built on top of that foundation.
BC MUST beat Miami on Saturday. Losing is not an option in terms of what this means for the psyche of the football program and the coaching staff.
No cheering in the press box?
Forgetaboutit. We are going to do just that, even if we keep the mute button on.

http://ajerseyguy.com/?p=1047#more-1047
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:40 pm

Gem, all in 3 sentences.

Tne normal outlet has always been the smaller FCS schools. But with larger and larger guarantees–Maine received a healthy six figure payout for showing up at Alumn Stadium on Saturday–the FCS schools are becoming more selective in who they play. Some big time schools such as Alabama will play close to $1 million for the privlege of wacking FCS opponents such as Western Kentuc ky.

:81
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 pm

Blauds will be dead within 7.4 months. Just sayin'
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Alumni Stadium